Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Memento posted:

First!

I mean, uh, lots of talk will be going on in this thread, the GDT for tomorrow's UFC 218.

You forgot to list Montaño with the champions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Triticum Guzzler posted:

can you imagine how utterly hosed this division is going to be if both edgar and aldo are simultaneous gatekeepers?

Congratulations on winning six straight at featherweight. Your reward is to headline a fight night card in your hometown and be kicked in the legs for 25 minutes by a bored-looking Jose Aldo in front of 4500 drunk people.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I missed the card but in tribute to Jose Aldo I watched late night Cinemax instead

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Max doesn’t look any worse

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I look forward to seeing Ngannou frustrated at the end of Stipe’s jab for 25 minutes.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
No one will be able to stop Shane Carwin

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Memento posted:

I fuckin' love how ridiculous MMAth can get. From another forum:

Jonathan Brookins>Michael Johnson>Poirier>Holloway

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Disgusting Coward posted:

Andre Arlovski Tim Sylvia Mariusz Pudzianowski Gabriel Gonzaga Alistair Overeem Brock Lesnar Shane Carwin Cain Velasquez Junior Dos Santos France McFrance is the total package, an insane physical specimen, will never be defeated, just so huge for the weightclass et cetera et cetera

Literally the only one of those he’s comparable to is Carwin

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
For the first time in history, Diego Sanchez wasn’t the most retarded person in the ring https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/12/5/16737448/ufc-mma-news-fight-video-diego-sanchez-fan-dream-come-true

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
The best part of Overeem’s career is that for every hypothetical about him there’s a counterexample

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Ngannou didn’t fade much when he went two medium-hard rounds with Blaydes, though the jab gave him some trouble before he punched Blaydes’ eye out. I think Stipe has a good chance to win a boring fight.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Mr. Nice! posted:

Ngannou's first fight went into the second round and he didn't really gas. This was when he was still effectively living on the streets training in Paris.

I just rewatched the Henrique and Blaydes fights. He got wrestled a lot in both and never really slowed down, though he’s not a high-output fighter.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
checking my avatar

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I miss fd but wrestlemod is really good

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I sorta lost interest in Khabib when he ducked Aldo

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Neurosis posted:

mod guy can i get a gang tag to replace this embarrassing one from 13 years ago with another kinda embarrassing one that looks cooler

I got that same tag because I didn’t want to be probated for posting in the book barn and then LooseChanj had it removed when I made fun of him for reading Star Trek novels

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

CommonShore posted:

Ian Kidd claims to have found a loophole that will allow the UFC to have selected fighters dodge USADA testing:

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/12/11/16740288/ufc-usada-loophole-secret-exemptions-from-drug-testing-peds-steroids

It's Ian Kidd, so grain of salt.

It’s total bullshit. His entire premise is that the UFC is some nefarious organization plotting to conceal dopers rather than an organization that wants to keep Ronda under contract even if they know she’s never fighting again. I’m 100% sure Dana didn’t know that Ronda isn’t getting tested, because why would he keep track of that himself?
Nothing he says makes any sense if you think about it for more than a second. You can look to see if someone got randomly tested, if they didn’t you can press the issue. It’s more likely bureaucratic friction than it is a deep dark conspiracy, but Iain Kidd leaps to the deep dark conspiracy conclusion every time.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Skip My Posts posted:

you cant see who is in the pool but you could check each fighter's individual tests over time? I dont see what the issue is? You could easily see if a guy wasnt getting tested right?

This is a conclusion a small child could draw but Iain Kidd could not.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Skip My Posts posted:

i hope dana white calls him a retard or somethin

It is far more likely no one who matters reads the article. no one has acknowledged his stupid poo poo before.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Gay Horney posted:

gently caress you!

he meant grem’s current and future abs, not yours

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Fat Twitter Man posted:

For the first time in history, Diego Sanchez wasn’t the most retarded person in the ring https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/12/5/16737448/ufc-mma-news-fight-video-diego-sanchez-fan-dream-come-true

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

El Roncho posted:

Galore Bofando returns on Saturday night. Him lawn darting Charlie Ward face first into the mat was one of my favorite things of 2017.

I cannot believe there is anyone in the ufc but Conor Mcgregor’s Friend who is bad enough to lose to Galore Bofando.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Memento posted:

This is a James Bond villain, right? Someone's henchman with gold teeth or some bullshit?

His last opponent before the UFC was Kester Mamba

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

kensei posted:

Congrats, you are the worst

If you post in this forum you will be kevened from time to time no matter who you are. wrestlemod knows the risks.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
it’s our fault for telling generic white wrestlers they need to stand out and market themselves. we created Colby Covington.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I’m actually okay with Lawler being out of title contention for a while because it means he can fight guys like condit again

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

I am Otis posted:

What ever happened to him?

he had a heart attack and died when they announced Roxanne modafferi would be on the new tuf season

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Neurosis posted:

A week and a half until Carlos is back. Unless he has major ring rust I think he's going to put Magny down. It probably won't look like a standard Condit fight since Magny also has great conditioning but I don't think Magny has the tools to avoid being tagged and eventually once he shows weakness brutally murdered.

Magny’s ascent is interesting because he’s still just as limited a fighter as he was when he washed out of the weakest season of TUF but he’s made the most of every one of his strengths. When he runs into somebody who can take advantage of his limits he just gets squashed, but he can grind a win out of almost anybody.

I think Condit will squash him.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

#rudwigmartialarts

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Work Friend Keven posted:

Bisping & his manager sued each other & the docs are public now so you can see some ufc financial stuff. Most importantly, Dana White confirmed that someone (probably Brock) was paid for doing TUF with a tractor.

I think it was a combine, I remember Dana talking about it. He agreed because he thought a combine would be like 50k and it was six times that.

E: when I googled this all i found for a source were old Keven posts

Fat Twitter Man fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Dec 19, 2017

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
someone is just jealous he wasn’t born with the body of a black man

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

mewse posted:

Haha yeah the man who CRIMINALLY ASSAULTED Mark Hunt doesn't do steroids :rolleyes:

You don’t need steroids to beat up Mark Hunt.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

FishBowlRobot posted:

It was funny hearing Izzy Martinez on Submission Radio recently saying that Khabib never actually missed weight last time, that he was totally on track to make weight but his body shut down.

Anthony Johnson was only three pounds from making weight against Vitor when he stopped being able to feel his legs and the doctor made him start drinking water so he wouldn’t die, so he blamed the doctor for making him miss weight by 12 pounds.

Also everything Woodley does outside of complaining about how he deserves to be a star is cool. I like his fights when he knocks out people I don’t like.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Marching Powder posted:

edson barboza's highlight reel: best in the game y/n?

Leg kick tkos aren’t as good in highlight reels as they are in real time. Yoel Romero is a dude whose highlight reel is really good even if his fights aren’t always amazing.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Lid posted:

The same could be said about Mighty Mouse and Cruz

Cruz would beat Mighty Mouse if he fought today. Good metaphor.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

I’ve learned from this video that Ngannou will just bull rush when Stipe throws a bunch of spinning back kicks at him

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I’m smarter than basically everyone who posts here so I can’t imagine how terrible elsewhere on the internet I’s for sweaty man humping discussion

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

kimbo305 posted:

My gf wanted some snacks from the airport kiosk and I reflexively asked "how about Corn Nuts, Corn to the Core?"

im permabanned poster brazilianstomper58. i first started watching ufc when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "mike goldberg" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "virtually identical" and "corn to the core" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "mike goldberg" style of mma commentary was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" mike goldberg to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Captain Log posted:

Ahah ahaha loving A’

I forgot to edit it to say “seeing turks out of the corner of my eye”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
permabanned poster niggerstomper58, I am, joe