Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think the TUF 26 winner and new Women's Flyweight Champion is both cool and good overall. Hopefully she doesn't end up like Carla Esparza and get destroyed in her first defense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Acinonyx posted:

I assume 125 is going to see an influx of killers from 115 and 135. I can't imagine her holding the title very long at all.

Yeah, which is totally expected and good. I just want to see Nico hold it for longer than 1 defense.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Torres has only lost to Thug Rose right?

Could be valid as a contender if she gets another win or two.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That Alvarez/Gaethje fight owned

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Dec 3, 2017

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Memento posted:

Dana said it at the post-fight presser tonight, go to 31:39 if it doesn't cue up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yqXu2ZW7_I&t=1899s

That'll be both cool and good regardless of who wins.

Would be cool if TJ won so he can go "I'm the only active double champ in UFC history" and rile up McGregor fans.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Skjorte posted:

The beta for EA UFC 3 is open for a few days (edit: err, or until midnight tonight, apparently. Somehow I missed it when it went live a few days ago). They completely redesigned the stand-up, adding some neat stuff like short elbows and intercept knees from when you have your guard up, much more effective leg kicks and body shots, the option to transition into a d'arce choke if you stumble someone in a certain way, and a cartwheel kick for Anthony Pettis that you can get uppercutted out of mid-air with (and also has you lying flat on your back, not moving, if you use it to score a KO, making it seem like you knocked yourself out along with your opponent).

The new stand-up controls seem to be as impenetrable as some people found the ground fighting to be in the last game, so it probably won't appeal to anyone looking to spend money on a simple pick-up-and-play multiplayer game, but so far playing rock em sock em robots with random players while trying to figure out the new system has been a good time.

EA also doubled down hard on the lootbox poo poo affecting actual gameplay despite the recent issues they just had with Battlefront 2 so lol at anyone who buys that guy or the microtransactions.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Marlon Moraes killed a man today.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Its -5C in Seoul today. The gently caress is with Koreans going to beaches in non beach going weather.

Edit - phone posting so I cant see gang tags. What does it say?

Edit 2 - drat thats a hot tag.

Edit 3 - if anyone cares about kickboxing, Rico Verhoeven honestly should come to MMA. He got a nice KO revenge this past weekend.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Dec 11, 2017

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm the sad brain who pays $10 to lay a weak burn on someone in a UFC thread.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey Jerusalem, put me down for the crew tag. I wanna seem cool and in a cool kids club.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If UFC doesn't make an animated series of Perry telling stories about his time in MMA they are missing out on some easy money.

Edit - could do it with Bas and Frye too tbh.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He put Nelson away which was pretty much a mauling at the end. Can't say I really recall any fight prior to that.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LobsterMobster posted:

If anyone still cares, here are the people who haven't been tested in 2017. As expected, it isn't as insidious as Kidd made it seem

https://twitter.com/dimspace/status/941357172839079937

Barnett is still under a UFC contract? Thought he upped and retired.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man a UFC event in Seoul would be nice. Closest they've come recently is China, which requires you to get a $120 10 year multiple entry visa so even the events in Shanghai are a pain despite the like $100 flight there.

What I'm saying is, I'm getting a little bored of Road FC events.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tesilential posted:

Has Colby actually said anything racist? I’m a brown minority in America and it’s not at all racist call people “filthy animals” on the mic when thousands of them are chanting “we’re going to kill you and gently caress your mother.”

Brazil is the most racist country in the Western Hemisphere so its weird to me when people defend them on that issue. If anything the racism is insisting the white dude is racist because he said means things about non white people that had nothing do with race.

The dude’s only friend is a brown person lol.

You missed the memo, you can only be racist if you're white in this day and age.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
(In a Sulu voice)

Oh my!

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
WME were banking on that card making a ton of money given they are on the cusp of bankruptcy after spending so much money on the UFC.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He's from Philly so it is probably true.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

vaginal facsimile posted:

I like when he talks about jiu-jitsu but yeah he's insane

The best is the part where he said flat earth was a dumb thing to think on JRE about 5 years ago and now is a huge believer in it defending that poo poo on JRE.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Snowman_McK posted:

Of all the places to talk about MMA on the internet, this is only one that doesn't send me into fury induced spasms. Merry Christmas. We are all gay together at this time of year.

I used to post on OT and it had a good (albeit really small) MMA subforum. It was pretty cool since a few people there ended up on TUF or working for various MMA orgs/companies.

SA is a good replacement for that since OT is dead.

Have a good Christmas everyone.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Dec 26, 2017

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Triticum Guzzler posted:

i'm going to be in seoul for 219 and choi vs stephens. does any body know of any sports bars that aren't for sex pervert english teachers

There are a bunch. The trick is, the UFC will be on at around 11am and run til around 2 or 3pm. You can go to Itaewon (its a district for food, shopping, and bars) and hit up Sam Ryan's which is basically an American Style Sports bar. Just ask them for the UFC and you'll get the Korean broadcast of it. Sam's also has some decent food so you can have lunch and poo poo while watching.

https://www.facebook.com/Sam-Ryans-Sports-Bar-Grill-Itaewon-350363471710670/

If you want an Irish style bar, The Wolfhound is also in Itaewon and their food is pretty good.

http://wolfhoundpub.com/

Edit - Or, you could come to my apartment where we'll snuggle with my cat and watch half naked guys play touch butt for several hours. This offer applies to anyone of you guys except the guy who easily breaks his body. I don't want to have to take him to the hospital.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Dec 26, 2017

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Opal posted:

The guy wants to avoid sex pervert English teachers and your first recommendation is Itaewon? :confused:

I mean that's the best spot for a Sunday morning as the sex pervert teachers are gonna be hungover. Has to worry about the sex pervert military guys though.

Itaewon is pretty nice if you don't go there at night. There's not many bars I can think of that'd have what he wants. Hongdae is decent but same issue as Itaewon.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Dec 27, 2017

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thinking about it, TG could just use SpoTV or a livestream from SpoTV and sit at home glugging down Soju. The sex pest English teachers are too plentiful to avoid them.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Triticum Guzzler posted:

i watched garbrandt vs cruz with my mother in law but couldn't relay the homosexual subtext

Did she drink SoMek with you tho?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
At my BJJ gym there is a dude who drinks Monster instead of water during the breaks/sparring. Koreans and their drink choices will always confuse me.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Triticum Guzzler posted:

back when sengoku was around, either daniel herbertson or tony loisleur did stories where they'd go and watch guys sparring and interview them, and i remember michihiro omigawa would not allow himself to drink water but there was another guy who drank mountain dew with boxing gloves

Sengoku had a cool vibe. Something about its main org/company being called World Victory Road just sounded cool.

Now all you have is Rizin. :smith:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'll watch it because UFC PPVs here are always on non-PPV channels for me. Just have to basically mute the commentary because I can't understand half of what they say.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yo Triticum Guzzler, let me know where you're gonna watch the card on Sunday via PM and we can meet up if you want.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Triticum Guzzler posted:

I decided to go to a market with the in laws and get cooking ingredients rather than having to explain Cyborg to my wife

Guess I'm staying in bed then.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Triticum Guzzler posted:

I definitely want to see the Choi fight but 219 looks pretty bad

Eh, I'm the kind of dope that paid to go to a Road FC event. Hit me up via PM to sort out where you wanna watch Choi/Stephens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I know that Bright promo vid is pure fantasy because Travis Browne won.

• Locked thread