Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

KittyEmpress posted:

All wardens are infertile, it is mentioned multiple times. Morrigan uses dark magic to counter act it in this particular case. Who knows how hard that dark magic is.

Ah, weird how I missed that detail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

KittyEmpress posted:

All wardens are infertile, it is mentioned multiple times. Morrigan uses dark magic to counter act it in this particular case. Who knows how hard that dark magic is.

There are exceptions to this, actually; like in the case of Alistair's mother Fiona, who was already a Grey Warden by the time she met his father.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
Wardens are not totally infertile, its just that the chances of them conceiving a child is so low that it almost never happens. Fiona getting pregnant and then having a baby due to another Warden was either a shockingly rare event or was due to outside influence.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

HIJK posted:

Wardens are not totally infertile, its just that the chances of them conceiving a child is so low that it almost never happens. Fiona getting pregnant and then having a baby due to another Warden was either a shockingly rare event or was due to outside influence.

Alistair even tells the female Warden this, and you can respond with a joke about then you'll just have to work long and hard on getting an heir.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
What happens if a pregnant woman becomes a Warden?

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

ApplesandOranges posted:

I would assume a horrific miscarriage.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Dienes posted:

I would assume a horrific miscarriage.

Or the baby becomes a god. One of the two.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

ApplesandOranges posted:

Darkspawn.

Slowpoke Rodriguez
Jun 20, 2009

ApplesandOranges posted:

Dragon age: babies spin-off series

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

ApplesandOranges posted:

She is erased from existance because you can't have potential child murder in modern video games. The spoilsports.

You want the Ultima 7 era for that.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Zore posted:

Regardless we know Alistair and the Warden are both infertile so the only way to possibly avoid a succession crisis is to have Anora rule solo (and marry someone else).

Or have someone else secretly knock her up

Anora is almost certainly gonna be loving people other than Alistair regardless in this arrangement.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

exquisite tea posted:

Anora is almost certainly gonna be loving people other than Alistair regardless in this arrangement.

Anora can gently caress all the people she wants. It's suggested she's infertile iirc and that part of the reason Cailan is considering the Orlesian route is he knows the chaos that will happen to Ferelden if he dies without an heir.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Ginette Reno posted:

Anora can gently caress all the people she wants. It's suggested she's infertile iirc and that part of the reason Cailan is considering the Orlesian route is he knows the chaos that will happen to Ferelden if he dies without an heir.

As was mentioned, there's no evidence that the problem wasn't Cailan.

All anyone knows is that after being married for five years they hadn't produced an heir, and Cailan and his advisors assumed that Anora was barren. But that's all it is, an assumption. Or maybe Cailan was just terrible in bed and couldn't quite get tab A into slot B properly.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

A Catherine the Great and Peter III situation, perhaps.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Ferelden is headed for a succession crisis no matter who ends up on the throne. You have three potentials, all of whom are (possibly) infertile and only marginally legitimate. Even if there's a clear heir, whoever sits on the big chair is going to be fighting off murder plots and bigger army diplomacy for at least a generation or three.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Time for a long-lost seventh cousin from Minrathous to assert their dubious claims on Ferelden's throne.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

wologar posted:

Time for a long-lost seventh cousin from Minrathous to assert their dubious claims on Ferelden's throne.

Only one thing can solve this crisis! My lords and ladies of the lands meet, we must put the warden's dog on the throne!

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

FoolyCharged posted:

Only one thing can solve this crisis! My lords and ladies of the lands meet, we must put the warden's dog on the throne!

The Renegade option.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Hail Good Boy Barkspawn, first of his name.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Sure that sounds like a great idea until he eventually dies and you find the world's worst succession crisis as everyone and their grandmother hauls out a random puppy and claims it's the bastard son

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Doggo Age: A Game of Bones

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
new Dragon Age sneak peek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZJPvKbUgOA

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

I don't think it has been posted on YouTube yet, but some pretty mixed news from Gamescom: that the new Dragon Age game is still being worked on, but they pulled the exact same poo poo that they did with Andromeda where they showed up to E3 one year with nothing but a trailer where they vaguely talked about how cool the whole series is over a bunch of concept art.

Not really a great sign for an already troubled development. :ohdear:

e: oh, there it is

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

"gently caress, we don't have any footage yet. Quick, everyone out on the lawn!"

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side
dividing sparrows from the nightingales
"We went from a team of 30 people to 300, please ignore the fact that this is how we went from baldur's gate to anthem"

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Well...it's good that it's still being worked on? I want this game to be good but it's impossible to have any hope. :ohdear:

Zane
Nov 14, 2007
i was so simultaneously annoyed and impressed by inquisition. then the trainwreck of bioware over the last 4 years. also of course the constant arguments about da2--the most controversial game in the universe--to pass the time. i didn't know i could be this worn down by a crpg franchise.

Zane fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Aug 27, 2020

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
Oof. They had really nothing to show. For a game that's been in development since 2015, that's not encouraging.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's already been stopped and started at least once since then.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Dragon Age: Forever

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
Bioware didn't have anything for the EA showcase either. The game isn't slated to come out until 2023 or thereabouts but lol goddamn. There's going to be more years of faffing around doing gently caress all, 18 months of panicked crunch, a half assed game, another Schrier article, more vows to do better etc. And then maybe EA shuts Bioware down for good.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
White box place holder animation previews and interviews on the lawn. If DA4 ever comes out as anything other than a mobile game cash grab I'll be amazed.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
https://imgur.com/a/0aXdjYk

Album of concept art from the trailer. Of note:

Isabela? Dorian? Harding?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

It was bad enough to bring back Varric. I'd accept an Isabella sidequest, but unless Hawke is a party member no deal.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
Not a guarantee that it's Isabela but those are definitely Dorian and Harding

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
They showed my horrible abusive world-killing elf god boyfriend, I'm going to love it :swoon:

All for Dorian and Harding too since there's no chance they'll let me side with idiot genocide ancient elf god and wipe the world clean

SurelyForth
May 21, 2007

I'm pretty positive that's Harding behind the (presumptive) PC. The mage in the back could either be Calpurnia or Mae. Mae is more likely, but she seemed more glam in the comics.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
I've said it for a while, but Harding, Dorian, some of the new comic characters, and potentially Fenris will be in the party.

radlum
May 13, 2013
The concept art got me excited about DA4 again, I don't care if it's gonna take a while for it to be released.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

Beefstew posted:

I've said it for a while, but Harding, Dorian, some of the new comic characters, and potentially Fenris will be in the party.

Not Fenris, he dies at the end of DA2 (if you play it correctly).