Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
So I have a question about paid time off. Recently the corporate policy for PTO where I work has changed and I wanted some outside opinions on it.

*I am paid on a variant of Pro-Sal. Pro-Sal is supposed to be where I am guaranteed a base salary, but my production is counted and once I cover my base salary I can earn production bonus. In reality the base salary doesn't really exist. If I make more I get a bonus, if I make less my pay is docked. So really I'm just on production. I mention this because it ties into the PTO.

Previously PTO was calculated as:

Total production for the month + (# of PTO days X Day Rate)

Now it's the same as before except it cuts off at my base salary. Some numbers for example:

Base salary $82,500
Per Month: $6,875
Per Day $343

Production for the month: $6,711
PTO: 6 days (3 vacation, 3 continuing education)

Previously: 6711 + (343 X 6)= $8,769
Now: 6711 + (343 X 6)= $6,875 (capped)

I then asked what would happen if I made say $7,000 in production for the month and had a couple days PTO and my manager's response was that I'd get the production bonus, but nothing for the PTO.

Does this make sense to anyone?

Travic fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Dec 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Looks like to maximize your PTO you need to take them all in the same month and slack off on those production days also to just get paid your base. Otherwise you are getting the days off but not getting paid for them, hence turning PTO to TO. Do you get paid out untaken PTO earned at the end of the year? That would be the only other way to actually get paid for days off.

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast

Elephanthead posted:

Looks like to maximize your PTO you need to take them all in the same month and slack off on those production days also to just get paid your base. Otherwise you are getting the days off but not getting paid for them, hence turning PTO to TO. Do you get paid out untaken PTO earned at the end of the year? That would be the only other way to actually get paid for days off.

No they're supposed to roll over.

• Locked thread