Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle
Lol at the loud Go Leafs Go chant directly after Daniel's ceremony

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

I'm puking.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
That wasn't a shortie, Byron, but I'll allow it

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
I know Hyman has stone hands but I feel like some people are too hard on him. He does a lot really well. Maybe he's miscast on the first line but I don't believe he deserves so much ire. Really the only players that I think are completely useless are Martin, Bozak and Polak (and maybe Moore). But I've become more forgiving over time.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

:siren:Byron takes off faster than my projectile vomit:siren:

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

holy poo poo

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

DuhSal posted:

I know Hyman has stone hands but I feel like some people are too hard on him. He does a lot really well. Maybe he's miscast on the first line but I don't believe he deserves so much ire. Really the only players that I think are completely useless are Martin, Bozak and Polak (and maybe Moore). But I've become more forgiving over time.

Hyman is a grinder who's good at generally not taking penalties. He good at stealing the puck which makes him very useful on the pk. On the 4th with Martin they can basically tie up the other team while everyone else gets a breather. He just isn't good at starting or ending plays.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Oh right it’s December, Bad Andersen time

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Ugh two goals in a Habs game in the first five minut—oh they scored both? I’m not sure what that means.

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
:siren: Granlund

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Hyman’s fine, the ire he gets is backlash for all the credit he gets from Babs/media for essentially being on a line with vastly superior players.

Similarly Andersen gets a lot of credit in this market for being a league average goalie that alternates months of AHL-level goaltending.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Martytoof posted:

Ugh two goals in a Habs game in the first five minut—oh they scored both? I’m not sure what that means.

Did you happen to see any skeletal horsemen run by your window?

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug

Stretch Marx posted:

Hyman is a grinder who's good at generally not taking penalties. He good at stealing the puck which makes him very useful on the pk. On the 4th with Martin they can basically tie up the other team while everyone else gets a breather. He just isn't good at starting or ending plays.

He's good at getting the puck in the corners. He's not a great passer but he can toss it in front after grinding. I think that's worth something. He's also fast to pucks. I definitely don't think he should be playing top line minutes though.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Craig Simpson: “another strange shot”

*replay shows unremarkable everyday shot that Andersen struggles with*

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.

Martytoof posted:

I'm not sure if they look good if it's just the Wings that look bad. Hold me

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Ryan Reeves Sucks

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Caps turtling in the first period. Nice.

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

I miss 5 minutes and leafs are down by 1, boo.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Suspicious posted:

I'm not sure if they look good if it's just the Wings that look bad. Hold me

Good news! The power play is still poo poo!

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Gene :siren:

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Mon Beau Carey

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Ryan Reaves has like 2 minutes and with that time he has a fight and a hook. Yay Geno :siren:

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug
Leafs look like they're playing in quicksand wtf

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
:siren: drat that was some old school Canucks poo poo right there

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Oh look, Roman Polak and Marner/JVR are out and caught and they get annihilated.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug
That was a sweet screen by Polak

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Wow Polak could you be a bigger loving screen?

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle
This is not going well for the leafs

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Like, I know Carrick has faults but Polak is objectively bad at the things that make up the double-standard for him being in the lineup.

He was exactly this bad a year ago and they let him walk for a reason, but 5 games in old man Lou panics and he’s back.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Well hopefully they don't renew Lou's contract. But hope is a lie.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Young Moore would have made a play there but we have Old Moore :smith:

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

holy moly the wings are bad

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug

Koopa Kid posted:

Young Moore would have made a play there but we have Old Moore :smith:

Old Moore set up Young Brown pretty good there I thought.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

^ I was talking about the 2-on-1 with Leivo, Moore’s still got hands but he doesn’t have the step he used to

Leafs getting lots of chances but they’re missing

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug
Holy this reel of Matthews chances this period

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
I wish they would stop benching Leivo.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Marleau really needs to be a net-front/trigger guy on the PP, decisions with the puck aren’t his forte

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug
Not sure how Leivo missed that. But the Leafs have been missing tons of chances already this game.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

"nyeh nyeh nyeh nyeh"

-Donald S. Cherry, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
:siren: KUUUUCH

• Locked thread