Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
I recently bought a Switch and was considering a Switch Pro controller for Rise and other things, but my old wired 360 controller is in dire need of replacement. Ended up killing two birds with one stone by preordering the 8BitDo Pro2 since the price was right and man do those back paddles look nice. I've always preferred the Playstation-style joystick placement to offset, too, so bonus!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Yeah I bought a basic 8bitdo, while the extra options would be nice it's never really what I'm looking for from a controller. I did some test hunts in the Rise demo, especially shifting around with Gyro aiming with gunner weapons. It felt good after a little initial awkwardness, so I'll probably play it for keeps. And I didn't wanna wait for a controller either, wanted it ASAP.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

How are the 8bitdo controllers? Build quality, buttons, stuff like that. Do they last long?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Wait the 8BD Pro has gyro? Well gently caress.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Alxprit posted:

I appreciate you

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Electric Phantasm posted:

How are the 8bitdo controllers? Build quality, buttons, stuff like that. Do they last long?

I've had nothing but great experiences with the couple of controllers I've used.

Some people complained the Pro+ had input lag issues on the Switch specifically but I never encountered that so it might've been fixed/not common. I beat all of Celete's B and C-sides on the switch with an 8bitdo controller so if there was input lag I'd probably have noticed lol.

Also awaiting the Pro2 whenever they release it in my region.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

is Rise launching with G-rank or is it going to be a World sort of situation

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

is Rise launching with G-rank or is it going to be a World sort of situation

The initial release of any MH game come with Low and High Rank only. G-Rank is reserved for Ultimate editions or as an expansion in World's case.

boz
Oct 16, 2005
I hope with Rise it's just an expansion and not a rerelease, or I guess it could be both and just have an upgrade path.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Rereleases are probably a thing of the past, considering every new MH game is going to be on a console that easily supports DLC.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I think they'll do the World strategy again since they're planning on doing a Steam release. Even Pokemon, who does the two different versions of the game that are identical, seems to have gone the way of doing DLC instead of a full re-release

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
New thread!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3962895

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
:siren::siren: This thread is now closed, update your bookmarks with the new thread!!:siren::siren::

Thank you Huxley for the new thread!