Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Keep your phone nearby while you're sexhaving so you can at least stick sneak your head out from under the sheets to watch the FromSoftware announcement.

Give us your number and we'll call you and you can say there's an emergency on the PlayStation and you gotta go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Hah, even the playstation store calls it a demo

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

demo just taunting me from my playstation dashboard :argh:

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

big nipples big life posted:

demo just taunting me from my playstation dashboard :argh:

If you want to be further taunted, you can actually start it up and stare at the inactive main menu.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
get hyped!!!

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

oh man am I hyped

is the 12:00 pm time confirmed for all of North America or is it broken up by time zone?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Triarii posted:

If you want to be further taunted, you can actually start it up and stare at the inactive main menu.

I started it up and set the language to monster hunter language. For pro it gives you the option to favor resolution, frames or graphics. Going to try graphics first.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

FBS posted:

oh man am I hyped

is the 12:00 pm time confirmed for all of North America or is it broken up by time zone?

9:00 AM PST. It's time zone based, noon is EST.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

I'm browsing through the last MH thread post-E3 trailer and it's hilarious. This game has come a long way since that first trailer and those initial reactions are precious.

AttackBacon posted:

9:00 AM PST. It's time zone based, noon is EST.

sweet!

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

FBS posted:

I'm browsing through the last MH thread post-E3 trailer and it's hilarious. This game has come a long way since that first trailer and those initial reactions are precious.

sweet!

Did you drink everytime someone unironically complained about casuals?

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Bombadilillo posted:

Did you drink everytime someone unironically complained about casuals?

Please don't advocate self harm in this thread, tia

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Sdo-APuV9M

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

This is gonna be a serious, realistic Monster Hunter. No more funny stuff.

JUST KIDDING

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

but...its just a little megaman not a cat in a cute megaman suit....3/10

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Where does the music come in? It comes from the weapons?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

It looks so terrible.

An actual blue spandex suit and helmet would have looked so much better than this oversaturated voxel poo poo.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Monster Hunter:World Beta is the prettiest screensaver i have on my PS4 right now :sigh:

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
9 more hours! Thank goodness I'm on the West coast and can go to sleep at my regular time and wake up to breakfast followed by glorious MH.

Fuzzykins
Nov 24, 2013

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Monster Hunter:World Beta is the prettiest screensaver i have on my PS4 right now :sigh:

Haha, I spent 30+ minutes with it open yesterday, partly because I was hoping something would happen but also because it just looked and sounded great. The thought of playing MH in such a detailed environment is exciting! :D

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Do we have a countdown timer somewhere? with timezones + time saving poo poo, its hard to grasp for my tiny brain.

Edit:
Thanks exquisite tea! :D

Tei fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Dec 9, 2017

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Six hours until it goes live from right now.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
I've been avoiding any Monster Hunter World info to avoid hype because I figured any small change in how it plays might ruin my enjoyment of it, but I figured what the hell, this beta is a great chance to see what's up, and now my internet has apparently been down since midnight with no ETA on a repair. :v:

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Bombadilillo posted:

My stupid wife has her stupid birthday so I planned a stupid day trip this stupid weekend and I'll have stupid sex instead of playing this not stupid demo.

My friend asked me to drive 4 hours to visit her brother and play board games together this weekend so I’m doing that instead of playing this demo

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Is the beta/demo co-op at all?

G-Prime
Apr 30, 2003

Baby, when it's love,
if it's not rough it isn't fun.
All 3 missions allow multiplayer. To my knowledge they haven't specified if it's the full 4 players or not, but I'd reasonably assume it is.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I'm got stuff all afternoon/evening so if they wanted to open the demo right now I'd appreciate it... :)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It’s up, I think?

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love
I've got my cat palico on my lap and the game loaded. Lets do this.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
It's up and not clogged up. Time to hit the training area and see what's changed since the first.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

MrLonghair posted:

It's up and not clogged up. Time to hit the training area and see what's changed since the first.

Look at this scrub, learning in some kiddy "training area" instead of just running straight at a Rathalos with no idea how to use his weapon.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

MrLonghair posted:

Multiplayer is 100% clogged and dead

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Attacking with triangle? What the poo poo control layout is this??

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

MrLonghair posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r0n9Dv6XnY

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
"Failure Condition: Faint 9 Times"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I just hunted the Great Jagras and

this game is fun

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Waffleman_ posted:

this game is fun

:same: apparently my cat tamed one of the little guys on the way and proceeded to ride and fight from it?

GOTY. My actual cat doesn’t seem to care about the game though.

Can I change weapons in the training area?

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Waffleman_ posted:

this game is fun

I hit a Great Jagras in the face with a hammer a lot, and as a hammer main, I can say it still is an excellent weapon and the game is very fun and pretty.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Oh baby I just loving chopped that Jagras' head off (not literally sadly) with the Spirit Helm Breaker killing blow NOW THIS IS MONSTER HUNTING

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

:same: apparently my cat tamed one of the little guys on the way and proceeded to ride and fight from it?

GOTY. My actual cat doesn’t seem to care about the game though.

Can I change weapons in the training area?

Yah at the box

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening
Seems cool (the expert monster carted me twice even on this presumably scaled-down damage!) but I'm puzzled by one thing - do melee attacks no longer cost stamina?