Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Boo. I just finished my full Rare set so I no longer need to combine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I hit level 120 yesterday. I've now gone 'over' level 121 and got the next Mastery level (yay...); wondering if, when the level cap goes up, I will instantly get all the level-ups I earned in the meantime. I figured XP would either stop at 120 or at 120.999 rather than rolling over.

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004

Ditch posted:

I hit level 120 yesterday. I've now gone 'over' level 121 and got the next Mastery level (yay...); wondering if, when the level cap goes up, I will instantly get all the level-ups I earned in the meantime. I figured XP would either stop at 120 or at 120.999 rather than rolling over.

You won't instantly get those levels, just mastery tokens; the mastery shop is useless right now but will be better after an update, I think sometime around the 180 cap.

FistEnergy posted:

Boo. I just finished my full Rare set so I no longer need to combine.

Don't forget about limit breaks! You're gonna need a lot of rares.

Phayray fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jan 4, 2018

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Vulpes posted:

So tomorrow is my monthly login free rare equipment reward. I've been saving all my A-A combines for a couple of weeks so I can get maximum EV by waiting to see what freebie I get first. Which turns out to have been an excellent idea because now they are running an event where every A-A combine gives you a free R varnish.

I have about 20 combines ready to roll tomorrow morning. I'll quote this after I get zero rares and the freebie box gives me a duplicate of the rare boots I already have.

So the freebie box gave my Shillien Knight a loving rare Spear, which is entirely pointless (equipment for your class my rear end). Thankfully I got a rare chest from my combines (on #22 of 22!) so it wasn't a complete disaster.

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004

Vulpes posted:

So the freebie box gave my Shillien Knight a loving rare Spear, which is entirely pointless (equipment for your class my rear end). Thankfully I got a rare chest from my combines (on #22 of 22!) so it wasn't a complete disaster.

Just so everyone else is aware - there are different types of boxes. Boxes with Selection let you select an item from a list and boxes marked Exclusive (what Vulpes opened) are a random item but exclusive to your base class. Unfortunately what this means is there are 3 weapon choices for warrior base types like knights/bladedancer - sword/shield, dual swords, and spear and 2 choices for dagger/archer types (dagger and bow, obviously). Mages all use the same rare staff so we will always get something we can use from exclusive boxes.

It's really not a good system and I dunno what you're supposed to do with the useless weapon besides turn it into fodder.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Limit Break fodder. It happened to me and you just have to move on.

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004

FistEnergy posted:

Limit Break fodder. It happened to me and you just have to move on.

It has to be the same item (ie. rare spear can only be limit broken by another rare spear) so it's not even useful for that!

edit: I've heard that in some distant future patch SEA or Korea got some sort of bank that's shared across characters on the same account, so in principle you could hold onto it and maybe eventually give it to an alt.

Phayray fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jan 5, 2018

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
wait I thought limit breaks could be done by any SR rare

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004

FistEnergy posted:

wait I thought limit breaks could be done by any SR rare

Nope, it's gotta be the same item! At least SR grade but level 1 is ok.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Phayray posted:

Nope, it's gotta be the same item! At least SR grade but level 1 is ok.

so Wrong Subclass Rares are totally worthless then

:negative:

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

FistEnergy posted:

so Wrong Subclass Rares are totally worthless then

:negative:

You can use them for attribute enhancement, I guess? But that's about it.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Enhancement past low levels is so awful. Just spent eighty armor scrolls to go from +8 on my robe to... +8. Didn't get a single bump from +8 to +9 in forty attempts. It's a 45% chance to succeed.

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004

BGrifter posted:

Enhancement past low levels is so awful. Just spent eighty armor scrolls to go from +8 on my robe to... +8. Didn't get a single bump from +8 to +9 in forty attempts. It's a 45% chance to succeed.

You should consider playing the lottery - if the chance really is 45%, the odds of this are 1 in 100 million million. I think both the recent high Powerball and Megamillions jackpots were already won, unfortunately.

Lineage 2 is kind of like a reverse-lottery, where you hit insane odds and all you get is pain and suffering.

Just a heads up, we're working on transitioning Banhammer to be for the most active players - people who play daily and can make the Tues/Thurs dungeons reliably. BanGavel will become the more casual clan instead of just alts, though the leader is not a goon and I think inkel is the only one with powers to accept join requests, so we need someone to replace him, I guess either mine or Valsala's alt (or someone else that's active and wants to do it). Any volunteers? Talked to Nyx and got my alt promoted to 2nd in command so I can handle join requests.

Phayray fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jan 7, 2018

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
I just used Maph + Blessed Scrolls to get my Rare Bow to +14

:feelsgood:

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004
Also: in the interest of getting more pages/clan boss cores, we'll try to do 2 boss runs on each dungeon day. So on Tuesday we'll run VE/E/N/H for both, then reset Normal and Hard. On Wednesday, I'll reset Normal/Hard again so we can run them twice again on Thursday. E/VE aren't really worth resetting since they don't drop pages and don't drop high grade loot boxes (which can give pages and cores). If we can do this successfully, we'll pull in 12 healing strike and meteor storm pages per week, which will be awarded based on level and dungeon participation.

PegLegActual
Sep 11, 2001

Real Pirate. Real Amputee. Limping Through Life.
Applied to BanGavel as ThunderDome..warrior/warlord. Still low level but I play daily..cough..from work.

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010
Guys, I made a mistake by leaving you. Being in a pvp clan in this game is the worst. Being at war makes this game unplayable, just death after death out of nowhere.
I will see you soon. Banhammer, expect too see my application. Maybe PBC will have mercy and make me Elder again.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
I'm sad the opportunity didn't work out for you but I'm glad you'd like to come back.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
I joined a top clan on Windawood04 and the constant warring and AFK deaths do, indeed, suck rear end.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
I'm afraid if you wish to reapply Val you'll have to submit our shiny new and wholly original application form.

---

All prospective applicants must start a new post using this template. Be as detailed and open as you can, as in most cases this is the first impression you will be making with the guild.

Character Name:

Preferred Endgame Role- ex MM/Rng/Sab:

Timezone (We raid on CST time so make sure that you can raid during that time):

Do you have vent and a working mic?:

Do you meet the minimum level requirement of level 50?:

Are you able to raid a minimum of 3x a week on a constant basis?:

Are you willing to use an alternate role (beyond your norm) to suit the temporary needs of the raid?:

Previous MMO experience,details please:

Why do you want to join Legacy of SteelBanhammer?:

Tell us a little about yourself:

Tell us a joke:

Anything else you want to add such as naked pics goes here:

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
As soon as a clan takes this Korean treadmill seriously enough to ask for weekly/daily commitments I'm like

:yikes:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

FistEnergy posted:

As soon as a clan takes this Korean treadmill seriously enough to ask for weekly/daily commitments I'm like

:yikes:

Banhammer is a very serious guild. We only accept dedicated highly skilled raiders interested in pushing the bleeding edge of Korean treadmill raid content.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

Phayray posted:

Starting next week, fireplace and dungeons will be on Tues/Thurs at 930 EST because Wednesday is really bad for me and Friday seems to be terrible for everyone, even this group of antisocial nerds.

BGrifter posted:

Are you able to raid a minimum of 3x a week on a constant basis?:

My body is ready to hard core farm these raids the required 4 times a week

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Attention: Everyone in Banhammer needs to familiarize themselves with our new DKP calculator.

https://eqdkp-plus.eu/wiki/How_to_Benutzung_EQdkp_Plus

It's all pretty straight forward. You'll have to learn German first, but if you're a truly dedicated hardcore raider that's a minor consideration.

Loot will be distributed based solely on the DKP system, the details of which are only fully understood by PBC and myself. There's no corruption going on here, really. Honest. Oh look over there Amadeus is up!

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010
Stopid pvp not being cooperative to people playing with their nose
If we have the RSS, I think we should do dungeons as much as possible. Like multiple resets on Tuesday/Thursday.
As a way to say sorry I left, who's up for a stoner party? Let's pop til we run out.

Valicious fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jan 8, 2018

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
You haven't even filled out your application yet. There's no guarantee of approval. We're very particular about who we let in. Keeps the riff raff out.

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004

Valicious posted:

Stopid pvp not being cooperative to people playing with their nose
If we have the RSS, I think we should do dungeons as much as possible. Like multiple resets on Tuesday/Thursday.
As a way to say sorry I left, who's up for a stoner party? Let's pop til we run out.

You can only reset once per day so maximum of 2 runs per dungeon per day, assuming you reset the prior day. As I mentioned before though we'll shoot for VE/E/N/H for Vark and Ant on Tuesday, reset N/H, then do N/H twice on Thursday.

If we can sustain these dungeon clears we'll be in pretty good shape - 12 HS/MS pages per week is awesome. Compared to less casual clans, the only thing we'll really be missing is fortress siege.

Phayray fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jan 8, 2018

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010
Fortress should be a goal after the restructuring to make Banhammer the non-casual clan. Plus getting our members 2nd rare skills etc.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Hard Ant Queen is very annoying. Victory is assured for us, it just sucks.

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004

Valicious posted:

Fortress should be a goal after the restructuring to make Banhammer the non-casual clan. Plus getting our members 2nd rare skills etc.

We are not going to be able to compete for fortress unless we turn into a super hardcore clan. Fortress clans on Giran01 - which is one of the more competitive servers - are fielding 30+ 120s that are consistent/reliable and use discord. They also reset dungeons daily. Non-casual is one thing but fortress-fighting clan is a whole other thing.

I would like Banhammer to be full of active players interested in progressing but this is not a hardcore clan, in part because I'm not interested in and don't have time to run a clan like that, and in part because it would end up being 2-3 goons maybe and the rest pubbies, which...defeats the point of a goon clan.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Phayray posted:

I would like Banhammer to be full of active players interested in progressing but this is not a hardcore clan, in part because I'm not interested in and don't have time to run a clan like that, and in part because it would end up being 2-3 goons maybe and the rest pubbies, which...defeats the point of a goon clan.

So you’re saying I quit my job and bought this Costco crate of poop socks for nothing?

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004

BGrifter posted:

So you’re saying I quit my job and bought this Costco crate of poop socks for nothing?

Yeah you shoulda bought the crate of enhance scrolls!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Phayray posted:

Yeah you shoulda bought the crate of enhance scrolls!

I would have just spent them all and never got my robe above +8 anyway.

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010
I spent 60 scrolls trying to get to +10. Didn't happen
I'm now saving my enhance scrolls hoping the next event is for enhancing (like this one is for combining)

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
I kind of hope it isn't. I spent 44 scrolls taking my sword from 13 to 10.

Also, gently caress Nox. It started making me auto run in different directions for no reason tonight. One of which ran me out of credit range for Sina right before he died.

Inimicul fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Jan 9, 2018

DailyDumSum
May 21, 2004
Fresh Daily
I’m surprised nobody mention the twitter like character limitation on chat. I don’t mind the grind, but it’s that character limition that I hate the most.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

DailyDumSum posted:

I’m surprised nobody mention the twitter like character limitat

Fixed that for you

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
http://www.strawpoll.me/14804502

Poll about when to have the fireplace / boss fights that will work best for everyone. Please take a moment and fill it out. Time is expected to remain the same. 9:30pm EST

Inimicul fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jan 10, 2018

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Anyone with experience using the Slayer class know if it's worth putting points into Lucky Berzerker and Crave Impact given that they seem to give so little reward, compared to putting points into attacks (especially when I'm never running into MP issues)? I like investing in passive, but adding +40 attack 10% of the time seems kinda lame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i poop fire
Feb 21, 2011
I'm working on my first character, a temple knight, and progressed to around lvl 45. I stopped seeing anything but rogues/dual-swordmans around 38, did I goof by making a tank?

• Locked thread