Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«10 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Kalakote PDF

He peers to Jascha for a moment after the crier's announcement. "Fate moves quickly." He raises his head and tactfully casts a wide gaze from side to side, slowly and deliberately taking in his surroundings. If he saw anything it would be at the whim of fortune, same as it was very fortunate that he was now one of the tallest beings in or near the Harbor Precinct.

Perception 26

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK




"Sounds like things are about to escalate." Shaiha shoots Zevra a furtive look. "We'll be back for your wardrobe. For now, it sounds like we have somewhere to be." Shaiha takes off toward the harbor precinct. When she spots the rest of the party already beginning the search, she reaches out with her arcane senses, trying to detect traces of recent magic use she might be able to follow.

Arcana: 1d20+19 = 28

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...


Sathain, it turns out, was already amongst them. Whatever business he'd been up to, he'd taken care of it in one of his unremarkable guises. A human man of medium height with a scraggly, somewhat unsightly black beard and wiry black hair, dressed in hides, has been standing nearby. He shuffles closer, letting the crowd drag him along until all of a sudden he slips free of the flow of traffic and stands in the midst of the gathered group.

All of them feel the unmistakable touch of Sathain's mind: powerful and perhaps over-controlled like he's compensating for something. The thoughts come in short, clipped bursts with slight pauses, as though one was turning over a letter to continue reading on the other side of the paper.

"Doctor. Revenant Eater. What do you see? Have we considered--whether we wish to take the side of the assassin--against the city, the city against the assassin, or neither?


---

Thought Projection to communicate, natch.

Streetwise: 1d20+10=26 - musing on the potential motives of the assassin and if someone murdering a Lord of the city is likely to belong to some local group, the Veiled Alliance, a rival political faction, etc.

LogicNinja fucked around with this message at Jun 26, 2018 around 02:09

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.


Kalakote notes that on a side street, leading away from the party's gathering place, there seem to have been some signs of a disturbance. Shards of broken pots lay strewn up and down the street, as though someone ran through them as opposed to around. The footprints going directly through the shards prove this hypothesis. They seem to be leading to a side entrance to the Harbor Precinct, in the direction of a small tavern, marked as The Sand Bride Inn. To cater to the illiterate population, their shingle is painted with an attractive woman in an oasis.

Shaiha senses that this fugitive recently used some minor magic spells, more to distract and divert attention than to defend or attack. The magic follows the trail of footsteps and broken pots. Unfortunately, she is not able to see anyone in the gathered crowd that would have used these spells.

Sathain has gathered that there are various rumors circulating through the city. While Balic has few rivals due to their affluence, people posit that perhaps a mysterious political enemy from another city-state has attacked out of envy of Balic's wealth and "democracy." More rumors circulate that perhaps the Veiled Alliance is trying to destabilize Andropinis by attacking his government. Still others suggest that perhaps this was simply a lone, wily, madman.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Kalakote PDF

"My side is with the quest of the Honored Sage. Let us turn in this vagrant." Kalakote gestures to the others and calls attention to his findings. "An amateur... or an unplanned act, perhaps." Feeling that tactful and brothel isn't a winning set up, he looks to the building for any side or back exits. "Blessed Mender, if he is cornered, I would serve best blocking his path. Were you and Branded to seek him out, the rest of us will have him surrounded if he spooks."

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...


Sathain shares his thoughts with his allies even as he takes in the situation:
"I've been asking around. Probably not a vagrant. Most likely--agent of another city, Veiled Alliance, or lone wolf. I'd count the lone wolf theory out. Doesn't fit. If it's a Veiled One... they probably have a way out they need to get to. Maybe we can help them and get some help in return. --Or maybe they're working for one of the other sorcerer kings, in which case, screw them."

Sathain steps behind Kalakote for a moment, taking advantage of the half-giant's size, then emerges in the uniform of a praetor and the appearance of a man with grey in his beard and a craggy, no-nonsense face, a more elaborate version of what the guards at the gates had been wearing. He steps out front and strides towards the tavern, clearing those in his way with harsh glares and harsher words.

"Follow my lead. We may be able to get in quickly and simply like this."


---

Hat of Disguise to look like a praetor! Bluff, for when it comes up:
21-> expending Fast Talk to reroll -> 1d20+15=31.

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.


The Sand Bride Inn is a small, quaint tavern. Its adobe walls are decorated in a tasteful nautical theme, adorned with relics from sailors and travelers that have stopped for a drink. The walls have assorted styles of ship's wheels mounted on them. Some are elaborately painted, and others are clearly worn from years of hard use - lending to their character. The barkeep is cleaning cups and his bar, chatting with folks who are clearly longstanding regulars. Barmaids circulate throughout, handing out drinks and food. The patrons are a fairly even mixture of humans, elves, mul, and half-elves. There is a din of noise from the patrons conversing, with occasional spikes of volume as some become animated in their storytelling.

Upon Praetor Sathain's entrance, The patrons turn to the door, ready to greet a potential new friend. Once they see the praetor's uniform adorning his body the din immediately ceases into a deafening silence. The tavern patrons break their eye contact and become suddenly interested in the furniture and decor.

The barkeep is the first to break the silence. He hesitantly clears his throat and fidgets with the cup and cleaning rag he was holding. "Master Praetor, you honor us with your presence. How may I be of service to you today?"

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...


Sathain turns his gaze on the barkeep, and raises a hand for silence. He makes two gestures: one to the remaining exits, and another to Kalakote and Shaiha.

His bearing is curt, as though used to command. His mind-voice is a lot more casual.
"Think you can pick up the trail? This should be cover enough to go snooping around. If anyone asks, now or later, just tell them a praetor commandeered you and you assisted as requested. Didn't ask for a name before obeying orders. Hard for them to blame you for that."

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.


The bartender becomes increasingly uneasy at Praetor Sathain's gestures, and the arrival of strangers flanking the "guard." He sets down the cup he was cleaning and swallows, trying to gather his thoughts. The patrons seem to draw away from the "praetor" and his apparent attachť.

"Master Praetor, forgive me, but I...fear that I do not understand. I would hate to draw the ire of one such as you, but I do not believe any of us have done anything wrong. What is happening? How may I be of service?"

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...


Sathain glances back at the bartender, and gives the man a slight smile--nothing genuine; the smile of an official who is making an effort to be less scary. "Be at ease, citizen. We are not here for you. I am pursuing a dangerous individual who fled this way. These foreigners are assisting me, as they have skills valuable to us. Trackers--go, look around."

He pauses, then examines the bartender and the gathered drinkers. "Have any of you seen anyone unusual come in, or pass through in a hurry? The individual I am looking for is desperate and on the run."

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK




Shaiha isn't particularly comfortable impersonating a praetor's soldier. In her mind, the praetors stand for control, domination, exploitation: things she emphatically does not. Nonetheless, she goes along with Sathain's ploy. She tries her best to put on a grim mien as she makes her way around the tavern and the inn's rooms, searching the arcane fabric for patrons capable of magic - ideally ones matching the arcane signature she detected earlier. Despite her best (well, admittedly half-hearted) efforts to appear stately and menacing, though, she can't help but utter the occasional "excuse me" as she makes her way through the populated inn. She saves barging into the rooms for last, though she will if she has to.

Arcana: 1d20+19 = 38

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.


Kayode "Baba" Babatunde

Baba keeps close to the entrance, trying not to look conspicuous, while he lets his eyes glide over the crowd. Nerves were something to be expected, of course, in a situation like this. Nobody likes being questioned. But there were signs if one was hiding that they were actually an assassin. A glance towards the exit, a nervous tapping of the fingers...or, alternatively, a lack of nerves, and a steely answer to any questions that might come. If there was somebody like that in this room, he could find them.

Insight at 1d20+15=34.

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.


Shaiha:

Shaiha is able to track more minor traces of magic to the back of the inn, into a storeroom of casks and food ingredients. The magic mysteriously stops in the middle of the storeroom, but does not exit the building. The wooden floor seems to be ordinary, but at one point the grain seems to be facing a different direction than the rest of the flooring.

Baba:

Everyone in the tavern is clearly on edge, some are clearly frightened by the "praetor's" presence. A few drinkers are looking around the room, accidentally making themselves conspicuous, in attempts to avoid being interrogated. Some seem to be scanning the crowd for possible exits.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK




"Praetor! I've found something." Shaiha gives the room a physical once-over as she waits for the rest of the party to arrive. Once they've gathered, she points out the suspicious flooring.

Perception: 20

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

ROBBLE ROBBLE ROBBLE!


Jascha the Lost

Jascha quickly moves to stand at Shaiha's side. He looks to where she is pointing and scowls. The party did not know who the Lord's enemies were--the last thing they needed to do was expose the entrance to a rebel hideout.

Turning to face the patrons of the bar, still wearing his scowl, the elf barks an order:

"Everyone--out! Now!"

Dick Burglar fucked around with this message at Jul 7, 2018 around 02:20

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.


The patrons, herded out by confused staff, exits the building. As they leave, they murmur questions and comments of concern but leave the "praetor" and his assistants to their business.

The suspicious flooring turns out to be a door, leading into an underground room. The room does not appear to be used for any purposes relating to the inn - no food storage, no spare bed dressings. The room is dimly lit, with only meager furnishings of wooden benches and chairs. In the middle of the room, laying on a table, is a map of Balic with arrows drawn to various locations, with markings drawn in different sectors of the city.

A determined male voice cuts through the darkness. "Who goes there? I am prepared to defend myself! I fear none of Andropinis lapdogs!" Upon further investigation, the voice comes from a male elf. The magically attuned members of the party note that this man is at the end of the trail of magic. His back is pressed against the back wall and he has his hands out, ready to cast spells.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Kalakote PDF

Intimidate 22

The first to descend, Kalakote gestures behind himself to the others to stand back. "This boon is thanks to your tact. Now..." Kalakote draws his blade and holds it in a steady stance with both hands, then drops it to a neutral one at his side, drawn away from the elf. He steps to the side of the map table and firmly roots himself in the center of the room. "Vagrant, you've delayed us long enough. Surrender, or know that your corpse would earn the praetor's favor all the same." His deep voice rolls through the cramped room and he stands quietly after the threat. He rolls his shoulder and lets grey light bleed out of the holes in his helmet, strange radiance with a passing similarity to defilement.

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...


Sathain

Sathain slips past Kalakote, and somewhere between when his shoulder starts to turn and when he finishes his sideways step forward, he's lost the Praetor disguise. He raises his hands with the palms up, and lets his hood fall back, revealing pointed ears and white hair. Racial kinship is proof of nothing at all on Athas, but it might make for an opening, at least. Certainly, no elf is likely to be one of Andropinis' praetors.

"Pardon my impatient friend. We're not, as it happens, in the service of Andropinis. Look at us in with the sight, if you can--you will see no trace of defiling magic on us. We picked up your trail because you're our best chance to get out of the city without attracting attention--and we can help you get out, too. If you are an enemy of Andropinis, your purpose may well run parallel to ours. Are you one of the Veiled Ones? Or was this a personal vendetta?"

---

[i]Diplomacy: 1d20+17=35

LogicNinja fucked around with this message at Jul 13, 2018 around 07:45

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.


The elf's stance eases a little, although he remains ready to defend himself. After hearing out Kalakote and Sathain, he drops his hands but remains with his back against the wall.

"I am a Veiled One, that you have correctly guessed. You could argue that any vendetta involving Andropinis and our esteemed council is personal, given the way this city runs. Lord Metrobius, himself, means nothing to us. Lord Metrobius, the position, is just a start on our efforts against the Council of Patricians and Andropinis. His death was a statement. A statement that people won't just lie down and take whatever abuse our leaders choose to inflict on us! For too long, the Alliance has been satisfied with remaining quiet and simply protecting the preservers - but what change does that bring? None. We have decided it is time to finally act."

The elf, now fired up, points a finger at the party. "We in this arm of the Veiled Alliance are trying to tear down the old Athas and build a new, better, Athas. You lot wouldn't possibly understand! Too many in this world refuse to fight the system because it benefits them somehow, even at the expense of others! The Veiled Alliance says no more!"

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

ROBBLE ROBBLE ROBBLE!


Jascha the Lost

"I'm surprised any dreamers yet remain on this dying world," the elf says with a smirk. As he continues, his tone quickly changes to a more sympathetic one.

"Trust that I would love nothing more than to see each and every Sorcerer-King fall. Right now, however, you need to stop and think. You are being hunted. The praetors may not know your associations, but they know you. And if they catch you, they will extract from you every last secret that you keep. Right now, you need our help to get out of this room alive. "

Stepping forward past his comrades, Jascha extends an arm.

"We will help you, and in exchange you will help us arrange passage across the Sea of Silt. Deal?"

Dick Burglar fucked around with this message at Jul 17, 2018 around 13:29

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.


The elf ponders for a moment. After seeming to calm down from his righteous rant, he takes a few steps towards Jascha and reaches out to shake his hand.

"You do have a point...I may be willing to sacrifice myself, but I can't let the rest of the alliance go down with me." He walks further towards the ladder and gestures for the party to follow him. The elf scans the now empty Sand Bride Inn and starts to make his way towards a back door. As the party exits the inn, a commotion kicks up outside. The Praetors appear to have arrived and are quite confused as to what is going on. As you slip away, you overhear a conversation between two (real) Praetors and a citizen.

The first Praetor, shockingly, hasn't immediately resorted to violence and is attempting to gain information from the citizen. "Citizen, I'm rather confused. What do you mean another Praetor told you all to exit the building?" A gruff human barks back at him "I'm not a citizen, I'm a person! Am I being detained?" The Praetor's partner rolls his eyes, but the first answers. "No...? We just have questions to ask." The human huffs "Then am I free to go?" The second Praetor finally loses his cool and responds "No, no you aren't. We are attempting to conduct an investigation and you are obstructing us" The human indignantly replies "I'm not obstructing anything. I simply do not wish to create joinder with you!"

After a pause, the first Praetor responds, confused, "that sounds...quite intimate. Anyway, what happened? You were having a drink at the Inn-" the human cuts off the Praetor. "Um, no? I was conducting business..." Before the human can finish his sentence, there are sounds of a scuffle and a loud, heavy thump against the door of the inn. The Praetors converse unintelligibly before one says to the other, "We should just go inside and check it out for ourselves..."

The elf gestures towards a back door and urges the party to quickly depart.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK




Shaiha nods and makes for the back door as suggested, taking a moment to listen for any surprise praetors potentially closing in from that direction before she opens it.

Perception: 22

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...


Sathain winces as the elf speaks, but he doesn't say anything, though he seems to be gritting his teeth for a moment. Sort out philosophical differences later. Things to do now.

"Where does this let out?" he asks. "And where to from here? --Does anyone have a spare cloak for our new friend, or should I loan him my disguise? When we get out in public, we can act like we've been drinking, out of idleness since the city is close. A group of travelers drinking should be a common enough sight."

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.


Bobbing and weaving through the back streets, the elf leads you to a more secluded Veiled Alliance headquarters based in a warehouse. Under some innocuous large crates is a stairwell leading to a more fully furnished meeting room. Panting and coming down from an adrenaline rush, the elf addresses a wizened looking human female that is currently studying a map of Balic. She looks up at him, concerned, and then quickly glares at the party. She turns to face the group and angrily hisses at the elf "Keyvas! Who are these people? Why did you bring them here? Do you have any idea what kind of danger you've just opened us up to, bringing strangers in here?"

The elf holds his hands up and makes a gesture to attempt to calm the woman. "Jun, Jun! These people helped me. The Praetors were on my tail, and they kept me safe to get here. They ask for passage to the Silt Sea in return for their help. It's a small price to pay for keeping the Alliance safe..."

After a moment of thought, the woman turns to the table and scribbles something on a piece of paper. She marches to the party and thrusts it towards them. "I appreciate your help, but take this and go now. Who knows how many people saw you come in here? A group your size is hard to miss. Give this to Zalcor. He is a human, the captain of a skiff called the Silt Strider. He'll know what this means when you give it to him. Now go."

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.


Kayode "Baba" Babatunde

Baba had watched the display with quiet dismay. As much as the Sorcerer-Kings were a problem, they were too powerful to go up against, especially in the seat of their power. Still, they had what they came for. A way out of the city...hopefully. "Let us go, and swiftly," the old man said, taking the offered gift and beginning to move, "before the Praetors figure out what we did."

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.


The Praetor's presence seems to have thinned out closer to the docks, which is full of moored skiffs. The crews appear to be tending to busywork on their vessels - cleaning the decks, unnoticeable mends on the sails and meticulous counts of cargo. With the crews having to force themselves to be occupied, the atmosphere of the harbor is tense and agitated. One skiff is being watched over by a clearly annoyed human, who occasionally directs a crew member to complete a random task.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Kalakote PDF

The whole of these affairs seems to wash over the armored hulk. All of this just to procure a skiff, all this nonsense about an elf trying to cover his tracks in a locked down city. His superior rightly outraged, but ah, here's the final trade. An exit from the city, passage aboard a skiff. He gestures to Baba to join him in their established duo as Master and Bodyguard in approaching the man barking orders at the dock, seeing if he is this Zalcor.

As the two walk together, Kalakote feels a need to share some stinging information with Baba in private whisper. ".. I wager these men, as per their Alliance, care not for the law. They will depart under lockdown and draw ire from the praetors. At least we may simply go to the forests next, hmm? A shame though. It will be difficult for you to return here... to make a partnership with the potter and your son." A chuckle reverberates briefly from the helmet. "Hrm. But if we are spotted, we may not be able to return."

Not that he cares for the city, but it was good to have everyone on the same page. Now to hail Zalvor and set that page to out of the drat city.

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...


Sathain stays close to Jun, taking the time to talk to the man. "You did a brave thing, killing such an important man," he says, his voice blunt, that of someone experienced in similar matters. "But you could kill a dozen more like him and it wouldn't change anything. Not really. And if you killed one like him every day... well, they'd start to run out of important men eventually, wouldn't they? But long before they did, the Sorcerer-King would notice, and his eye would fall on you, and he would seek you out."

He pauses to let that sink in. "That's the problem, you see. The root of all of this. In order to affect change, you need that change to benefit the sorcerer-kings somehow. If it doesn't, as soon as you make a big enough impact, they'll start looking for you in earnest. I've felt the touch of Hamanu's mind and..."
He shudders. "Let's just say that you can't hide from them. But they're not flawless. The best thing you can do is point their wrath in the wrong direction. At each other. If you want to change things--really change things--put Andropinis on a collision course with Hamanu, or Tectuktitlay, or one of the others. It's your best chance. Your only one, truthfully, I think."


He steps out in front once the group reaches the docks, and somewhere along the way, he's developed a short, scraggly beard; his face has gotten darker, craggier, weather-worn. He steps out in front, and gets the captain's attention. "Well met. A friend of ours tells us you might be able to help us."

LogicNinja fucked around with this message at Jul 31, 2018 around 23:46

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.


The human appears to be startled out of his train of thought and turns to face the group. Clearly annoyed, he gestures around the docks. "I don't know if you folks happened to notice, but the port is shut down. I'm a sailor, I can't be of any help if I can't sail. Them praetors are watching the edge of the harbor, so I can't exactly go anywhere without landing in a heap of trouble. Who in the world sent you, anyway?"

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...


Sathain holds the scrap of paper out, waving it a little. "Shall we say a like-minded acquaintance? And maybe we can help with the praetor issue and keep you out of trouble while we do it. And pay, of course. We do intend to pay."

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.


Zalcor snatches the paper out of Sathain's hand. He doesn't seem to need to look at it in order to know what it is. "Fine, I'll help. But come back after nightfall. We can't be seen leaving."


The harbor seems to be an entirely different place at night with the tension of the day dissipated. Sailors are sleeping on the decks of their boats, while others quietly socialize with drinks and food. Zalcor awaits the party at the bow of his skiff, wearing a cloak with the hood drawn over his face to ward off a chill. "We have no time to talk, tell me where you need to go if we manage to make it out of here safely." He hurriedly ushers the party onboard, boarding behind them after unmooring the vessel. He stands in the middle of the deck and closes his eyes in thought. After making some small gestures with his hands and whispering to himself, the air around the ship begins to shimmer. Zalcor opens his eyes and addresses the party. "We should be safe, I have ensured that. I'm glad to have a reason to be free of that prison, but I should like to know more about that reason..."

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...


"An island called Shault, in the Silt Sea. Do you know it?" Sathain produces and unfurls a map from somewhere in his cloak, pointing out the approximate destination.

"I'm afraid we can't tell you everything, friend, but let's say that our goals, and those of your veiled friends, are very much compatible. There are some ruins on the isle that have something important to those of us who'd like to see things change in the world."

He looks at the shimmering curtain around the silt-ship. "Clever. Something to hide you from watching eyes? They'll assume you were the assassin, or that you helped him escape, when your skiff is gone. I hope you don't intend to go back to Balic any time soon..."

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.


Zalcor chuckles "No, I certainly don't plan to return there anytime soon, not unless the money is worth it. This time around it sure wasn't."

Zalcor observes the map and is silent as he takes in Sathain's words. "Shault?" he cries out. "If you were trying to die, there's easier ways to do it than following some story! I've been all over this sea and have never seen it. All anyone can find over there is a dust storm. Even if we find it, I'm not sure this skimmer can even make the trip. I hope you all know some secret to getting there that I don't, because I'm not trying to get me or my crew killed! But I'm a man of honor, and I'll...I'll certainly try." Zalcor regains some of his composure and mumbles something about needing to check a few things before turning in for the night. He stalks off to speak to a crew member and subsequently disappears - presumably, to sleep.

The night is largely unremarkable. One of the crew members points out an odd-looking constellation of stars and has a small debate with another crew member as to what they just saw. It turns out the crew member starting the argument was mistaken and apologizes to his crewmate with some dried meat. The skiff creaks and lists in an oddly soothing manner.

Dawn breaks and a crewmember climbs the mast to take stock of the current conditions. He calls out to the rest of the crew, who quickly rouse from their sleep and regular duties. Zalcor finally reaches the top deck and turns to the party. "Pirates! We need to control the ship - you fight them off!"



You guys go first!

Pirate Warrior (Orange) HP: 118/118 | AC/F/R/W 28/25/23/22
Pirate Warrior (Lime) HP: 118/118 | AC/F/R/W 28/25/23/22
Pirate Raider (Aqua) HP: 126/126 | AC/F/R/W 27/23/25/27
Pirate Raider (Orange) HP: 126/126 | AC/F/R/W 27/23/25/27
Pirate Raider (Lime) HP: 126/126 | AC/F/R/W 27/23/25/27
Pirate Raider (Yellow) HP: 126/126 | AC/F/R/W 27/23/25/27
Pirate Psion (Aqua) HP: 98/98 | AC/F/R/W 27/24/26/23
Pirate Psion (Yellow) HP: 98/98 | AC/F/R/W 27/24/26/23
Pirate Captain HP:100/100 | AC/F/R/W 27/23/25/25


DC20 of Athletics or Acrobatics to jump from ship to ship. If you fail, movement stops - nobody's going overboard!

Melchiresa fucked around with this message at Aug 6, 2018 around 05:56

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.


Kayode "Baba" Babatunde

Baba quickly hurries into the protection of the more capable party members, but not after knocking two of the pirates down on their stomachs with a well-placed blast from his staff.

Minor: Oath of Enmity on Pirate Captain.
Standard: Dimensional Scramble (centered on H15) vs Psion Aqua and Raider Orange at 2x1d20+35,31. Hit both for 1d6+10=13. Teleport Psion Aqua to J13 and Raider Orange to J14 (off the boat). Save vs falling: 2x1d20=18,11. They don't move but fall prone.
Move: M19.


pre:
Kayode   						 
HP: 80/80 (THP: )        AC:   29    Passive Insight: 25
Surges: 7/7 (V: 20)      For:  23    Passive Perception: 20
Initiative: +12  	 Ref:  26    Action Points: 1
Speed: 6     	         Will: 29    Vision: Normal
Power Points:  8/8       Languages: Common, Primordial

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Avenging Shackles       [ ] Argent Rain                      [ ] Celestial Fist    
Dimensional Scramble    [ ] Aspect of Agility                [ ] Force Spheres            
Dishearten              [ ] Bound by Fate                    [ ] Mind Blast   
Kinetic Buffer          [ ] Dream Blade
Manifest Dream Form     [ ] Far Hand
Thought Projection      [ ] Mind over Flesh
                        [ ] Mind Shroud
                        [X] Oath of Enmity
                        [ ] Second Wind

Item Powers
[ ] Raven Cloak (Daily)
[ ] Repulsion Armor (Daily)
[ ] Silt Sandals (Daily)

Conditionals/Resists:
Courageous Mind: +1 to saving throws while bloodied. 
Dominating Mind: When inflicting save ends daze, dominate or stun, target takes -2 to the first save.
Dreaming Advantage: When using an AP to make a psionic attack, gain CA against any enemy adjacent to dream form.
Eyes of the Deep Dwarf: Gain darkvision as long as you have one PP.
Human Ingenuity: When using an AP, regain a PP. 
Raven Cloak: Resist 5 cold and necrotic.
Resilient Focus: +2 to all saves.
Silt Sandals: Ignore difficult terrain and leave no tracks in dirt, sand, silt. Can move across non-solid surfaces.
If you end your turn on a non-solid surface, you sink. 
Staff of Expertise: Do not provoke OAs from ranged or area attacks with a staff. Melee attacks with a staff get reach 1.
Superior Will: Save vs daze and stun at the start of your turn. 

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK




Shaiha flings a small stone statue in the pirate captain's direction. "Looking for treasure? Well done - you've found it!" She shouts. As the statue hurtles through the air, though, it begins to grow, only stopping when it's nearly as big as Shaiha herself. Just before it hits the deck, the statue snaps to life, landing on all fours. With gesture and a cry that's lost to the wind, Shaiha invokes a second spell on the statue, bending the wind to whip around it, painfully lashing the nearby pirates and pushing them together. The statue rises to its feet, stone arms ready to both defend and strike. Shaiha smiles at her work - this'll mark the first time she's used her new animation magic in a fight, and so far it's going exactly as planned. She looks over her shoulder to the pirates getting ready to attack from the other ship. She'll have to do what she can to guard her flank. With a thought, she sends a viscous green liquid flying through the air toward them from a flask at her hip. The hardier of the two seems to shrug it off, but the other finds the substance clinging to them, burning painfully.

Minor Action: Summon Obedient Servant in H17. I teleport to L14.
Standard Action: Gale-Force Infusion centred on Obedient Servant. Target Captain (38 vs Ref, CRIT!); Aqua Psion (37 vs Ref, Hit); Orange Raider (27 vs Ref, Hit); Orange Warrior (19 vs Ref, Miss).
Captain takes 44 damage. Aqua Psion and Orange Raider take 18 damage. Captain is slid to H18, Aqua Psion is slid to I17, Orange Raider is slid to I16.
Obedient Servant gains +4 AC UEoMNT.
Minor Action: Sudden Slime. Target Lime Raider (34 vs Ref, Hit); Lime Warrior (24 vs Ref, Miss).
Lime Raider takes 6 acid damage and is slowed and grants CA UEoMNT.

Obedient Servant: 40 / 40 HP. 34 AC; 25 Fort; 30 Ref; 28 Will

Positional Summary: Shaiha L14; Obedient Servant H17; Captain H18; Orange Raider I16; Aqua Psion I17


pre:
Shaiha Nilil   						 
HP: 81/81 (THP: 00)      AC:   28    Passive Insight: 20
Surges: 8/8 (V: 20)      For:  23    Passive Perception: 23
Initiative: +6  	 Ref:  28    Action Points: 1
Speed: 5     	         Will: 26    Vision: Low-light
Languages: Common, Dwarven
Resists: 11 acid
Saving Throws: +2

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Ethereal Chill         [ ] Second Wind                   [X] Obedient Servant
Thundering Armor       [ ] Lab Conditioning              [ ] Flameheart Defender
                       [ ][ ] Healing Infusion           [ ] Relentless Harrier
                       [X] Sudden Slime                  [ ] Arcane Springboard
                       [ ] Ice Shard Traps              
                       [ ] Phantasmal Henchman          
                       [X] Gale-Force Infusion          
                       [ ] Planar Gateway               
                       [ ] Energy Conversion
                       [ ] Slick Concoction
                       [ ] Enduring Summons

MBA: +17 vs. AC; 1d8+6 damage.
Crit: +3d8 damage.
Item Powers
[ ] Rod of Absorption (Encounter): Deactivate the aura (save ends) of a creature I hit.
[ ] Rod of Absorption (Daily): Immediate Interrupt as below.
[ ] Summoner's Staff (Daily): Immediate Interrupt as below.
[ ] Salve of Power (Daily): Lose 1 healing surge to regain an encounter attack power.
[ ] Hero's Armour (Daily): When I spend an action point, forgo usual feature to let ally
within 5 use second wind as a free action.

Immediate Actions (descending priority; will not react to / target minions)
-- When summon is hit: Attacker rerolls and must use second roll (Day [Summoner's Staff])
-- When ally is hit and dealt 9+ damage: They gain resist 9 all to the triggering attack, and 9 THP
after damage (Enc [Energy Conversion])
-- When I & at least 2 allies targeted by area/close: All attacks take -5 penalty (Day [Rod of Absorption])
-- When I take damage from area/close: Halve the damage and shift 2 squares (Enc [Lab Conditioning])

Summoning:
Defensive Minions: Summons gain +2 to all defenses.
Tome Expertise: Enemies next to my conjurations/summons grant CA. An enemy immune to fear
is immune to this effect.
Summoner's Staff: When an enemy misses my summon, I or an ally within 5 of the summon gain 7 THP.
Summoner's Slip: After using a conjuration/summoning power, teleport 2 squares.

Arcane Rejuvenation
When an ally uses a magic item daily power, they gain 11 THP.

Action Point:
Summoner's Action: Give one minor action command to each summoned creature as a free action.
Hero's Armor: Gain +2 to all defenses UEoMNT.

Other Features:
Arcane Empowerment: 1/Day, spend a short rest with a magic item: Recharge its daily power, or give its
wielder a free action to gain a +2 bonus to an attack roll after rolling once before the next extended rest.
Ooze Master 10: Acid attacks make targets grant CA UEoMNT.
Ooze Master 5: Roll twice on Dungeoneering checks.
Superior Will: Save against dazing / stunning effects at start of turn.
Rapid Infusion: Use Healing Infusion as a free action on my turn.
Quick Fix: Roll Arcana to disable, identify, or sense magical phenomena, or Thievery to disable or 
identify devices, as a minor instead of a standard action. Take -4 to such checks.
Lesser Ring of Feather Fall: I take no damage from falling.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Kalakote PDF

Kalakote listens intently to the debate over the supposed stars, enjoying the chance to listen to something that wasn't hot air about imagined importance. Leaving the city behind was a treat and overhearing the apology an even rarer one. Though he was largely silent he felt that the skiff and its crew was the sort of thing he could appreciate. Travel without effort was oddly relaxing...

As the sun comes and brings with it a tide of ill omen, Kalakote brandishes his blade without words and vaults to the Northern ship, landing beside the aftermath of twin arcane vortexes. He raises his blade and his helmet erupts with miserable blue light that bleeds over every opening and crack in the chitin, rushing down his shoulders, to arms and over blade. With a sweeping strike he unleashes a terrible torrent of wracking pain upon the two, swinging too low in compensation for the prone psion and missing the Captain. Their evasion is foiled by the presence of the Honored Doctor's contraption, a buffeting wave of strange energy forcing pain upon the pirate leader and returning vigor to the giant swordsman.

Determined to send a classic message in response to a tired old mugging, he readies his blade again and gestures with two fingers from the hilt towards the Captain. He makes a subtle gesture in a two-motion farewell, spreading the blue light to the enemy leader before raising his blade overhand in monstrous speed! It comes down as fast and finds a pleasing target in shattering whatever the Captain brandishes in defense, whatever they wore to safe-guard their life. Minus a head and with blade buried in their chest it has all been for nothing. With a hard wrench he withdraws his blade and levels a threatening glare to the rest of the attackers.

"The unspoken threat you took on with this life. Who is the second in command?"

Move: Athletics 22 to Jump to North Boat and Move to I18(assuming J18 is the gap jumped)
Minor: Ardent Vow on Captain
Standard: Strength from Valor vs Cap/Aqua Psion Fortitude(22(24 thanks to Ob Serv's CA!) and 27) in CB1. Hits Captain and Aqua for 18 Damage and gain 10 THP. Aqua/Captain have -1 AC from Withering Weapon.
Action Point: Blood of the Mighty vs Cap AC(37) hits for 42 Damage and Captain has -2 AC from Withering Weapon. Lose 5 THP!

pre:
Kalakote PDF  						 
HP: 105/105 (THP: 5/10)         AC:	27	Passive Insight: 25
Surges: 12/12 (V: 31)	For:	27	Passive Perception: 20
Initiative: +8		Ref:	22	Action Points: 0/1
Speed: 7		Will:	26      Vision: Normal
Languages: Common, Giant(Literate), Deep Speech(Literate)	
DR 1, Resist 5 Necrotic

At Will			Encounter	           Daily
Ardent Strike		[ ] Second Wind            [X][ ][ ][ ] Ardent Vow
Holy Strike      	[ ] Stone's Endurance      [X] Blood of the Mighty
Body Equilibrium        [ ] Divine Strength        [ ] Frenzying Smite
Divine Challenge         OR Divine Mettle          [ ] Death Angel
                        [ ] Heedless Fury          [ ] Blade of Black Wind
                        [ ] Vice's Reward          [ ] Dwarven Vigor(I)
                        [X] Strength from Valor    [ ] Piercing(I)
                        [ ] Valiant Rush           [ ] Octogram(I)
                        [ ] Force of Arms  
                        [ ] Lawbreaker's Doom
                        [ ] Dispensed Justice
                        [ ] Red Death
                        [ ] Leaping(I)
                        [ ] Scabbard(I)

Melee: +20 Attack, 1d10+14 Damage
Challenge: 14 Damage (6 + 2 Cha + 6 Str)
Sanction: 8 Damage (6 + 2 Cha)
Withering: -1 AC per Weapon Hit. Cumulative, Save Ends current stack.
Implement: +13 Attack

Passives:
Power Athlete: Roll Twice on Athletics to Jump/Climb
Disciple of Stone: +7 THP when spending Healing Surge
Heavy Blade Expertise: +2 Defenses against OAs
Divinity's Shield: +2 F/R/W UEONT after using Channel Divinity
Immobilizing Action: Immobilizes LD Target on successful Hit with AP Action
Physical Resolve: +2 to Saves against Weakened/Slowed/Immobilized
Skull Mask: Enemies have -2 to Saves against Fear effects

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Aug 8, 2018 around 01:19

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...


As the pirates pull up next to their vessel, Sathain's shield comes off his back and fills with rippling telekinetic energy; his flail springs into his hand as if it was magnetically drawn there. Violet light flares from his forehead, and the ship around him creaks ominously; the boards under his feet and the railing near him strain, as if under pressure. The light flares out, leaves dents in the floorboards of both skiffs and clings to two of the pirates as Shaiha's winds send them spinning, hampering their movements. He whistles as Kalakote dispatches the captain.

"The big one's even more vicious than the gnoll was!"

Since that side of the ship seems to be handled, he rushes to the other railing. One of the heads of his flail comes off, firing past the psion, letting them think they dodged it--and then comes back, hitting the psion straight in the middle of the back with all the force of Sathain's telekinesis. It drags the psion with it, sending them stumbling over the railing and down into the silt. Purple radiance is still flaring from him, lashing out every which way; he meets eyes with the raiders on the other ship, and the remaining two heads of his flail come up of their own accord, rising and beckoning them closer.

---

Minor action: Battlemind's Demand - 1 PP - mark Orange Raider (I16) and Aqua Psion (I17)
Move action: move to O16
Standard action: Lodestone Lure on Yellow Psion (S19) - 1 PP - 1d20+20=40! for 10+9+3d6=30 damage. He gets pulled to P15, overboard, failing his save: 1d20=5.

Triggered actions:
-If someone within melee range hits Sathain, he'll use Forceful Counter, augment 2, making an attack at 1d20+20 for 2d10+9, pushing them 6 (ideally overboard) and knocking them prone.
-Opportunity Attacks with Eldritch Strike at 1d20+20 for 1d10+9, knocking them prone, slowing them, and sliding them 3, ideally overboard


Statblock:
pre:
Sathain

HP: 103/103 (BV:51)          AC:	30 	Passive Insight: 17
THP: 0	                        Fort: 27 	Passive Perception: 15
Surges: 15/15 (V:25)	Ref:	26	Vision: Low-Light
Initiative: +9	                Will: 28	Action Points: 1
Power Points: 7/9          Speed: 5

Power Cards
At Will		              Encounter		            Daily
Eldritch Strike              [ ] Adept's Insight	      [ ] Living Fortress
Battlemind's Demand           [ ] Persistent Harrier	    [ ] Nightmare Vortex
Mind Spike                 [ ] Dimension Slide            [ ] Intellect Hammer
Concussive Spike             [ ] Impose Your Will             [ ] Battle Aspect
Forceful Reversal             [ ] Rebind the Will
Lodestone Lure                 [ ] Fast Talk
Thought Projection

Item
[ ] Shield of Eyes - don't grant CA when flanked UEMNT (D)
Deep-Pockets Cloak - draw or store an item from the cloak(AW, 1/round)    

Passives
Fragment of the Way: expend 1 PP at end of short rest to deal +1[W] with next weapon attack
Bracers of Mighty Striking - +4 damage to MBAs (Eldritch Strike)
Hat of Disguise: +5 to Bluff to pass myself off as someone else
Shield of Eyes: +2 AC vs OAs
Wielder's Action: spend AP to make attack, get 1 PP back
Superior Will: Save vs stun/daze at start of turn even if not save ends.
Flail Expertise: when I hit with a melee attack using a flail and the attack lets me slide the target, knock them prone instead
Dragging Flail: whenever I use a filail to knock an enemy prone, also slide them 1 square
Rushing Cleats: increase the push or slide effect of any close or weapon attack by 1
Hindering Shield: whenever I pull, push, or slide a creature with an attack while using a shield, slow that creature USMNT
Fail of Winds: +1 all forced movement

LogicNinja fucked around with this message at Aug 9, 2018 around 18:47

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

ROBBLE ROBBLE ROBBLE!


Jascha the Lost

Watching the battle unfold, Jascha follows up Shaiha's attack on the psion with an attack of his own, adding insult to injury as his arrow strikes its target with authority. He then wordlessly moves into position and launches a pair of barbed arrows into the psion's chest, finishing them off.

Immediate Reaction triggered by Shaiha's area attack: Combined Fire vs AC: 1d20+19-2 (-2 for cover granted by ally) 31 3d12+13+2 (+2 for target being prone) 31

Move to K17
Minor: Hunter's Quarry on Aqua Psion
Standard: Biting Volley vs Reflex: 2#1d20+19+1 38 CRIT! 29 2#1d12+13+2 22 27 20 2d6 7 Crit Damage: 2d6 9 Crit Damage: 1d6 1 (forgot the third crit die) for a combined 64 damage, not counting the combined fire attack. Aqua Psion is super-dead.

Edit: Because the first shot of Biting Volley was enough to finish the psion, Mel allowed me to redirect the second attack at someone else. So Orange Raider eats 25 damage (the original roll assumed the target was prone, so it loses 2).


pre:
Jascha   						 
HP: 79/79 (THP: __)      AC:   28    Passive Insight: 20
Surges: 7/7 (V: 20)      For:  23    Passive Perception: 29
Initiative: +12  	 Ref:  28    Action Points: 1
Speed: 7     	         Will: 26    Vision: Low-light
Languages: Common, Elven

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Sensing Eye (Minor)     [ ] Elven Accuracy                   [ ] Healing Lore    
Hunter's Quarry (M.)    [ ] Invigorating Stride              [ ] Sure Shot            
Summon Armor (Minor)    [ ] Second Wind                      [ ] Flying Steel
Nimble Strike           [ ] Defensive Volley                 [ ] Attacks on the Run
Twin Strike             [ ] Disruptive Strike
                        [ ] Combined Fire
                        [ ] Two-Fanged Strike
                        [ ] Biting Volley
                        [ ] Wind Fury Assault
                        

Item Powers
[ ] Screaming Bow (Daily)
[ ] Rain of Hammers Ki Focus (Daily)
[ ] Silt Sandals (Daily)


Conditionals/Passives:

Reactive Stealth: If you have any cover or concealment when you roll initiative, can make a Stealth check to hide.
Superior Will: Can make a save against daze/stun at the start of your turn, even if it is not a (save ends) effect.
Hunter's Aim: You don't take the normal -2 penalty to attack rolls against your quarry if it has cover/concealment.
Grounding Shot: Ignore attack penalty for ranged attack vs prone target, and deal +2 damage to prone enemies.
Silt Sandals: Ignore difficult terrain and leave no tracks in dirt, sand, silt. Can move across non-solid surfaces.
     If you end your turn on a non-solid surface, you sink. 

Dick Burglar fucked around with this message at Aug 10, 2018 around 01:37

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.


Zevra steps back from the railing and lifts her hand: silvery sand spills out and forms a swirling vortex that becomes her mother's ghost. Pirates are, after all, only elven raiders with boats, and she's been killing raiders for ten years. Avra lets out a shriek that disorients and frightens the pirates, causing them to stumble drunkenly across the deck and leading one to almost, but not quite, pitch overboard.

Move action: Zevra moves to L20, Dog moves to M20, Spirit Companion moves to P19.
Standard action: Intellect Pummel centered on Spirit Companion: Intellect Pummel vs Will on Lime warrior, Lime raider, Yellow Psion: 3#1d20+16 28 24 30 hits Warrior and Psion for 2d6+8 15 psychic damage and they are dazed UeonT. All are slid two squares: Raider (if i am interpreting these icons correctly) to Q15: he makes his save and falls prone.. Lime Warrior moves to P15: can't tell if he's in danger of falling there or not., Psion is shifted to U19.
Minor action: Dismiss Spirit Companion
Free action: Summon Spirit Companion adjacent to Kalokote at H19.


pre:
Haunted Zevra   						 
HP: 81/81 (THP: __)      AC:   25    Passive Insight: 26
Surges: 9/9 (V: 20)      For:  24    Passive Perception: 28
Initiative: +11  	 Ref:  26    Action Points: 1
Speed: 6     	         Will: 27    Vision: Low-light
Languages: Common, Elven

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Spirit Infusion		[ ] [ ] Healing Spirit		[ ] Spirit of the healing Flood    
Spirit of the Tempest	[ ] Ironbreaker Claws		[ ] Ancient Progenitorís Spirit            
Voice of Battle		[ ] Granite Armor		[ ] Ancient Warlordís Inspiration
Call Spirit Companion	[ ] Blood-Red Mist                    
Spiritís Wrath		[ ] Intellect Pummel
Summon Armor (Minor)	[ ] Speak With Spirits
                      	[ ] Engaging Pursuit
                        [ ] Insightful Warning
			[ ]Twilightís Veil

Ghost Dog Companion
HP: 38/38 (THP: __)		AC:   28    Passive Perception 29 
Surges: -			For:  26    
Initiative: - 			Ref:  26    
Speed: 6  			Will: 26

Conditionals/Passives:

Resist 10 Fire
Elemental Spirit: Allies adjacent to the Spirit Companion gain +2 to saving throws
Spirit of Vigor: When Spirit is summoned as a minor action, one adjacent ally gains +4 Temp HP
Healing Spirit: When Healing spirit is used, target makes a saving throw, one ally adjacent to 
Spirit Companion heals 3d6 HP, all gain 6 temp HP
Spiritís Step: When Spirit Companion is dismissed, one adjacent ally can shift 1 square, +1 to hit any adjacent enemies.
Spiteful Retaliation: if enemyís attack causes spirit to disappear, enemy is dazed UENT.
Spirit Companion: Conjuration. Uses Zevra's defenses. Canít flank. Occupies 1 square. 
Allies can move through, enemies canít.  Can make OAs from enemy movement but nothing else.
 Can only be targeted by melee or ranged attacks. If dealt 15 damage by single attack, disappears, and Zevra takes
10 damage. Canít be affected by conditions or forced movement, ignores difficult and hazardous terrain.
Dog Companion Aura: Allies adjacent to dog companion can teleport within aura as move action, 
enemies give Zevra combat advantage
Totem Expertise: ignore partial Concealment/Cover

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.




Pirate Warrior (Orange) HP: 118/118 | AC/F/R/W 28/25/23/22
Pirate Warrior (Lime) HP: 118/118 | AC/F/R/W 28/25/23/22
Pirate Raider (Aqua) HP: 126/126 | AC/F/R/W 27/23/25/27
Pirate Raider (Orange) HP: 68/126 | AC/F/R/W 27/23/25/27 [prone]
Pirate Raider (Lime) HP: 105/126 | AC/F/R/W 27/23/25/27 [dazed, slowed]
Pirate Raider (Yellow) HP: 126/126 | AC/F/R/W 27/23/25/27
Pirate Psion (Aqua) HP: 49/98 | AC/F/R/W 27/24/26/23
Pirate Psion (Yellow) HP: 98/98 | AC/F/R/W 27/24/26/23
Pirate Captain HP:100/100 | AC/F/R/W 27/23/25/25

Lime Warrior fails save vs falling: Saving Throw: 1d20 3

With a yell, one of the pirate heavies throws a grappling hook into the skiff's rigging, swinging over onto the party's ship. Upon landing behind Baba, he swings with a heavy slash but misses. Despite missing, he remains focused on Baba, waiting for another opportunity to strike.

Pirate Warrior (Orange)
Move: Grappling hook - fly to N19 (this movement does not provoke OA)
Standard: Cutlass vs AC (Baba): 1d20+17 28 2d10+8 11 effect: target is marked UEOMNT, penalty is -4 to attacks instead of -2

A pirate swordsman lands a solid blow on Zevra, but has already hopped to the party's ship to follow up on the heavy's attack on Baba. This fellow appears to solidly connect, landing a blow on Baba's arm.

Pirate Raider (Aqua)
Move:to I20
Standard: Slash and Dash vs AC (Zevra, Baba): 2#1d20+18 35 31 2#4d8+14 34 32
After first attack, Raider flies without provoking OA to L19
half damage is dealt on miss
Raider does 2d8 bonus damage if it has CA Bonus Damage (Baba): 2d8 6

A second swordsman follows his partner suit, attacking Shaiha's creature and Kalakote - unfazed by the brutal death of their captain. The swordsman fails to connect a solid blow, but is able to graze the creature and Kalakote while darting around.

Pirate Raider (Orange)
Move:stand from prone
StandardSlash and Dash vs AC (Servant, Kalakote): 2#1d20+18 28 24 2#4d8+14 26 37
After first attack, Raider flies without provoking OA to I19
half damage dealt on miss

The raiders remaining on their ship opt to avoid crowding their colleagues and bring out large, wicked looking harpoons. They look to each other and nod. After a quick count they both launch their harpoons at the party members they are able to see.

Pirate Raider (Lime)
StandardHarpoon vs REF (Sathain): 1d20+16 30 2d8+12 22
Hit: knocked prone and immobilized; save ends

Pirate Raider (Yellow)
StandardHarpoon vs REF (Baba): 1d20+16 32 2d8+12 26
Hit: knocked prone and immobilized; save ends

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«10 »