Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Kalakote PDF

A large figure clad in chitinous armor silently watches the group arrive, committing himself to passing wood and tinder into the flames, patiently tending the fire as though a servant to the other men. Once introductions are made he comes to attention and looks down each of the party, idly wondering if Daclamitus had organized a team of scholars first. Mentalists and Elves? They were small. Half-giants clear seven feet easily and Kalakote's shaped plate boosts him further to nearly eight feet in height, the natural spires of the centipede extending further as wicked horns. The natural colors of the insect have been worn down by hand and replaced with paints to match the desert colors of a large cloak. Cracks and hollow spots show in small stretches of the shoulder and chest, outlined by light blue paint. He removes a wrapped great sword from his back and sets it aside to lean against the camp's tent. His helmet follows, set beside the blade, then his largest traveling pack. He fetches something wrapped against the elements and straightens up, giving everybody a fresh look over once again. An old wound mars his right eye but it moves in sync with the left and he chuckles, taking everything in.

"Warriors, let me add to your revelry. This is a reminder of the home I leave behind to help the Honored Sage." He draws the leather wrap from around the bundled goods and shows off a bundle of dried and smoked bird meat, the heavy smell of salts and hot spice released into the air. "I am Kalakote, the Eater of Revenants. Your work is of a noble sort. If Master Daclamitus is right, then Athas is not in a decay. It has died and we shall see it reborn, honoring the efforts of this era. I would serve you as blade and vanguard to see that joyously done." He speaks seriously yet never seems somber, instead sweeping his free hand to his chest and bowing at the waist, still holding the gift up with one hand to be accepted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Kalakote PDF

Kalakote straightens and helps himself to the food, as he seems to be the only one interested in it. He regards the others as introductions are shared, chuckling with a hint of mirth at the older man. "Then I shall call you Baba. Well met." The shrouded man's revelation is a bit much for casual conversation, but he finds it a good sign. "Proof of your strength. You are fine by me, branded! A few servants would make our travels easier."

Underestimating a <Walking Ghost> would be a mistake fit for a newborn. Kalakote grunts and nods in response to Sathain's curt greeting. "An honor." He manages a sincere, wry grin. Something about the smell of those places never went away. Ah, but there's one introduction that Kalakote was not expecting and he stands at attention, peering down, down, down at Shaiha. "Doctor! Blessed Mender, you must be the captain of this band. I pledge my blade to your authority!" Size difference or not, he shows only the utmost respect!

---

As grand as the Sage's plans were, it was much easier to dream of something than to take steps toward it. It is not his place to demand answers yet, but he is party to what will be revealed. "You've found a relic? You must have a tale to share. And come, Honored Sage. You've still not told me what I can do for this dreamer's task." They did have the makings of a fireside feast here, surely all would be made clear tonight.

"Cities or Trees... soft living, either way. But Baldic, that is a stench that is easy to understand. As good a start as any."

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Kalakote PDF

He hums in appreciation, unmistakably pleased by his new authority. Then Kalakote throws his head back and laughs aloud, a voice deep and booming! "Hahahahahaha! Truly, Blessed Doctor, you would already have a second at hand! But you honor me all the same!" He grins to Shaiha, the joke forever blurring with reality. And as his introductions carry on he suddenly feels a need to stand even straighter, to show even more respect.

"Divine Seer, Noble Ancestor." Kalakote bows to Zevra with reverence, and again to her ghostly mother! As he straightens up again he looks to Zevra with intense interest, smiling widely. "A great title, though I am no match for my old friend, Genn, Who Finds Water. I hope someday to truly be a bringer of food..." A bit of sadness creeps into those last few words but he makes a strong effort to wall it out of their time of good cheer. "I see now. Clearly you are her Second. Divine Seer, Blessed Doctor, I pledge my blade to you both!"

---

The salves and ointments draw a small appreciative whisper of "expert skill.." and the giant patiently hears out Daclamitus' words, his companion's hopes and concerns. He makes a low hum as he considers Shaiha's words. "A path of wisdom. This is a good vision you would wish for us all. I believe I feel similarly.. there is little for me left in my life. I would very much like to carry meaning and triumph to my grave."

Getting comfortable, Kalakote is used to long times spent standing, a tall observer in conversations. He folds his arms over his chest and chuckles. "Where the Sage gives us one impossible task, this walking ghost suggests another. Your time in the space between winds changes your eyes. Let good effort be made today and when tomorrow comes, let it be made again. That is all to think about."

He unfolds his arms and makes to examine this magical sand removing salve. "Besides, surely one of the Kings will challenge us the moment our task is known. It would be a good way to die." He regards the ointment curiously before trying a smallest dab to cleanse his ears.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Kalakote PDF

Helmet on and fully clad in chitinous plate, Kalakote looms behind the group in the classic posture of the hired guardian. Tall, foreboding, completely polite and compliant. Waiting for the others to speak their way in goes smoothly and settling into a role as a mercenary is well enough. Once they are past the gate he looks to the rest and voices a humble concern. "You must be proud, Baba, but we will have to be quick to meet this Veraxis." Surveying the crowd and the city's silhouette something a bit more alarming than an assassination plot stands out...

"The harbor is still. Targeting their "Lord of Committee" has halted all passage in and out, more so than just the gate. This may be difficult." He reaches up and pinches the bottom of his face plate, adjusting the fit of the helmet. "Come, I'm certain a skiff will depart if enough coin is offered." Astoundingly, the point blank thrust-pouch-into-chest approach may not turn up any leads on skiff captains! Perhaps Kalakote would best serve by actually being a silent guard for Baba and the others.

Checking out this silt harbor with no sail movement!

Streetwise 9.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jun 12, 2018

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Kalakote PDF

"I tell you, I could not hide from one such as you. I am much too large." Following Baba's lead, Kalakote executed his own full bow at the waist. "Forgive me, Honored Matron. I should better obey the laws."

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Kalakote PDF

Like the wind passing by, Kalakote feels the threat come and lets it go. He nods to Baba. "Forgive me, I have not dealt with a city in some time." He ruminates for a moment. "The shared madness of so many seeking so little to do..." He shakes his head in the vague direction of the retreating old woman. "We will be watched and none may pass. Perhaps if we stepped into the light and settled the matter."

Sensing a misunderstanding before it comes, he holds up a massive palm to request a moment to explain. "The soldiers sniff out those in the shadows. Help them and we clear this lockdown while escaping their notice."

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Kalakote PDF

He peers to Jascha for a moment after the crier's announcement. "Fate moves quickly." He raises his head and tactfully casts a wide gaze from side to side, slowly and deliberately taking in his surroundings. If he saw anything it would be at the whim of fortune, same as it was very fortunate that he was now one of the tallest beings in or near the Harbor Precinct.

Perception 26

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Kalakote PDF

"My side is with the quest of the Honored Sage. Let us turn in this vagrant." Kalakote gestures to the others and calls attention to his findings. "An amateur... or an unplanned act, perhaps." Feeling that tactful and brothel isn't a winning set up, he looks to the building for any side or back exits. "Blessed Mender, if he is cornered, I would serve best blocking his path. Were you and Branded to seek him out, the rest of us will have him surrounded if he spooks."

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Kalakote PDF

Intimidate 22

The first to descend, Kalakote gestures behind himself to the others to stand back. "This boon is thanks to your tact. Now..." Kalakote draws his blade and holds it in a steady stance with both hands, then drops it to a neutral one at his side, drawn away from the elf. He steps to the side of the map table and firmly roots himself in the center of the room. "Vagrant, you've delayed us long enough. Surrender, or know that your corpse would earn the praetor's favor all the same." His deep voice rolls through the cramped room and he stands quietly after the threat. He rolls his shoulder and lets grey light bleed out of the holes in his helmet, strange radiance with a passing similarity to defilement.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Kalakote PDF

The whole of these affairs seems to wash over the armored hulk. All of this just to procure a skiff, all this nonsense about an elf trying to cover his tracks in a locked down city. His superior rightly outraged, but ah, here's the final trade. An exit from the city, passage aboard a skiff. He gestures to Baba to join him in their established duo as Master and Bodyguard in approaching the man barking orders at the dock, seeing if he is this Zalcor.

As the two walk together, Kalakote feels a need to share some stinging information with Baba in private whisper. ".. I wager these men, as per their Alliance, care not for the law. They will depart under lockdown and draw ire from the praetors. At least we may simply go to the forests next, hmm? A shame though. It will be difficult for you to return here... to make a partnership with the potter and your son." A chuckle reverberates briefly from the helmet. "Hrm. But if we are spotted, we may not be able to return."

Not that he cares for the city, but it was good to have everyone on the same page. Now to hail Zalvor and set that page to out of the drat city.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Kalakote PDF

Kalakote listens intently to the debate over the supposed stars, enjoying the chance to listen to something that wasn't hot air about imagined importance. Leaving the city behind was a treat and overhearing the apology an even rarer one. Though he was largely silent he felt that the skiff and its crew was the sort of thing he could appreciate. Travel without effort was oddly relaxing...

As the sun comes and brings with it a tide of ill omen, Kalakote brandishes his blade without words and vaults to the Northern ship, landing beside the aftermath of twin arcane vortexes. He raises his blade and his helmet erupts with miserable blue light that bleeds over every opening and crack in the chitin, rushing down his shoulders, to arms and over blade. With a sweeping strike he unleashes a terrible torrent of wracking pain upon the two, swinging too low in compensation for the prone psion and missing the Captain. Their evasion is foiled by the presence of the Honored Doctor's contraption, a buffeting wave of strange energy forcing pain upon the pirate leader and returning vigor to the giant swordsman.

Determined to send a classic message in response to a tired old mugging, he readies his blade again and gestures with two fingers from the hilt towards the Captain. He makes a subtle gesture in a two-motion farewell, spreading the blue light to the enemy leader before raising his blade overhand in monstrous speed! It comes down as fast and finds a pleasing target in shattering whatever the Captain brandishes in defense, whatever they wore to safe-guard their life. Minus a head and with blade buried in their chest it has all been for nothing. With a hard wrench he withdraws his blade and levels a threatening glare to the rest of the attackers.

"The unspoken threat you took on with this life. Who is the second in command?"

Move: Athletics 22 to Jump to North Boat and Move to I18(assuming J18 is the gap jumped)
Minor: Ardent Vow on Captain
Standard: Strength from Valor vs Cap/Aqua Psion Fortitude(22(24 thanks to Ob Serv's CA!) and 27) in CB1. Hits Captain and Aqua for 18 Damage and gain 10 THP. Aqua/Captain have -1 AC from Withering Weapon.
Action Point: Blood of the Mighty vs Cap AC(37) hits for 42 Damage and Captain has -2 AC from Withering Weapon. Lose 5 THP!

pre:
Kalakote PDF  						 
HP: 105/105 (THP: 5/10)         AC:	27	Passive Insight: 25
Surges: 12/12 (V: 31)	For:	27	Passive Perception: 20
Initiative: +8		Ref:	22	Action Points: 0/1
Speed: 7		Will:	26      Vision: Normal
Languages: Common, Giant(Literate), Deep Speech(Literate)	
DR 1, Resist 5 Necrotic

At Will			Encounter	           Daily
Ardent Strike		[ ] Second Wind            [X][ ][ ][ ] Ardent Vow
Holy Strike      	[ ] Stone's Endurance      [X] Blood of the Mighty
Body Equilibrium        [ ] Divine Strength        [ ] Frenzying Smite
Divine Challenge         OR Divine Mettle          [ ] Death Angel
                        [ ] Heedless Fury          [ ] Blade of Black Wind
                        [ ] Vice's Reward          [ ] Dwarven Vigor(I)
                        [X] Strength from Valor    [ ] Piercing(I)
                        [ ] Valiant Rush           [ ] Octogram(I)
                        [ ] Force of Arms  
                        [ ] Lawbreaker's Doom
                        [ ] Dispensed Justice
                        [ ] Red Death
                        [ ] Leaping(I)
                        [ ] Scabbard(I)

Melee: +20 Attack, 1d10+14 Damage
Challenge: 14 Damage (6 + 2 Cha + 6 Str)
Sanction: 8 Damage (6 + 2 Cha)
Withering: -1 AC per Weapon Hit. Cumulative, Save Ends current stack.
Implement: +13 Attack

Passives:
Power Athlete: Roll Twice on Athletics to Jump/Climb
Disciple of Stone: +7 THP when spending Healing Surge
Heavy Blade Expertise: +2 Defenses against OAs
Divinity's Shield: +2 F/R/W UEONT after using Channel Divinity
Immobilizing Action: Immobilizes LD Target on successful Hit with AP Action
Physical Resolve: +2 to Saves against Weakened/Slowed/Immobilized
Skull Mask: Enemies have -2 to Saves against Fear effects

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Aug 8, 2018

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Kalakote PDF

With the battle swiftly commencing and both sides clashing, Kalakote smiles at the speed with which the pirates are undone. This emotion isn't visible through his helmet and there's still work to do, so he wreathes his blade in the low pulsing blue flame and draws it into another vicious two-handed swing, marking the adjacent Raider with mystic fury immediately before spearing them through the stomach, cleaving a massive gouge into their side.

Minor: Divine Challenge on Raider Orange. Marked and takes 14 Radiant if they make an Attack not including me.
Free: Lawbreaker's Doom on Raider Orange, adding +4 Damage/Slow to myself against them UEOE.
Minor: Divine Strength for +6 Damage and +2 F/R/W UEOMNT.
Standard: Force of Arms vs Raider Orange AC(+4 Force of Arms Bonus and +2 Prone) hits for 41 Physical Damage(+4 Lawbreaker's Doom) and Slowing them UEOMNT. Also causes them -1 AC(Save Ends.)

pre:
Kalakote PDF  						 
HP: 92/105 (THP: 0/10)         AC:	27	Passive Insight: 25
Initiative: +8		Ref:	22(26)	Action Points: 0/1
DR 1, Resist 5 Necrotic

Body Equilibrium        [X] Divine Strength        [ ] Frenzying Smite
                        [X] Force of Arms  
                        [X] Lawbreaker's Doom
                        [ ] Dispensed Justice
                        [ ] Red Death
                        [ ] Leaping(I)
                        [ ] Scabbard(I)

Passives:

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Aug 17, 2018

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Kalakote PDF

"My thanks, Honored Elder." Kalakote accepts the prompt and the energy and from his resting stance after his last thrust and cleave, he reverses the cleave motion and adds a matching, diagonally parallel wound to the Raider's chest, switching the hands he holds his sword in with a mirrored resting pose.

MBA hits Raider Orange for 20 Physical Damage. Shift 1 Square away from Raider Orange to I17(to the West.)

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Aug 19, 2018

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Kalakote PDF

On The Boat

One final twist removes any chance his last target might be enduring their wounds. The blue light dims within the helmet and fades away to the murky shadows over distant eyes, now sliding back and forth across the fallen raider. Any others left on the skiff are seized and piled onto the ruined corpses of the captain and the bruiser and Kalakote searches through their belongings, not hesitating for a moment as he takes intact clothing and weaponry and casts the naked fallen over the side to the sands. In case of any protests he simply shifts his head the minimum amount necessary to face them respectfully and observes: "Any ugliness was brought by them. Fighting is survival... and this too is survival." He figures that there is no need to force the possible chagrin of those he barely knows and refrains from the harvesting of hair, flesh or bone. Hopefully they would not need extra resources to barter with the feral or brutal.

(Checking for any notable belongings, investigating any remaining big rear end harpoons like they used on us and taking mundane possessions like intact clothing, packs, carried food/water, etc.)[/n]

After stowing anything worth trading into a pack, Kalakote lumbers over to Shaiha to consider her request. He does so in silence, not moving or donning mask when the heavy sands are called. Eventually he offers a raised forearm and undoes the first strap of the bracer. "Blessed Doctor, you hide a wicked side. Do not take too much." [i](I'll chip in one Healing Surge for any esoteric Leader needs.)

---

Shault

"Hrmmm." Without waiting he heads for the opening in the trees, occasionally tilting his head to peer skywards and watch the trees. A village would be welcome, to get to the bartering and restock a few provisions. To shed and tend to the maintenance of his armor. To eat heartily.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Kalakote PDF

Being drawn upon by strangers seems to be a simple pattern of the day. He remains quiet as conversation reigns but does not miss the chance to reach up and grip the hilt of his sword. Let none find their group lacking.

He has only one thing to add to their guide's care: "Shell. Good for flexing and shaping."

Once she departs he takes careful stock of their surroundings. "Good hunting. But this.." He attempts to examine the layout of the skeletons and the way try fell but the old bones simple crumble in his handling. "Hmm. Danger within, or without. We cannot tell."

Dungeoneering 12

Favoring the direct approach he steps up to those central doors and volunteers their first opening in centuries or more.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Sep 29, 2018

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Kalakote PDF

Sharing the same sentiment, Kalakote offers to help Zevra fill the group's waterskins and gather some extra. With his height and strength he's able to lift her and help her reach the higher spots on the walls. "A good find."

---

In the temple below, everything seems a bit sacrosanct to him, but exploration demands some initiative. He walks about the room, splashing loudly and pushing small building tidal waves here and there, and examines the altar and mosaic. "The flood has claimed it. It is a strange thing to consider... but I do not fear the depths." He eyes the stairs below for a moment. "With sword alone, I would dive." He goes to check his pack and finds something lacking, cursing under his breath for folly in believing they'd reach an actual town here. He at least dumps the belongings of the pirates he was able to gather and gives a quick look through for a length of rope. "There is light, but some rope to guide my return would be a boon."

(Barring relevant rituals or utilities, Kalakote has Big Athletics and Endurance for some swimming!)

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Kalakote PDF

Taking the time to remove his armor and still not caught up in sentiments of sacrilege, Kalakote ties the rope off to the altar and then twice around his waist. He gives the rest of the group a steady nod before entering the water at a controlled pace. Truth be told the idea of so much water that it requires a special skill for navigation seems utterly bizarre, but fearlessness seemed a decent counter. The ability to simply walk along the existing architecture and not actually rely on perfecting a massive, awkward breast stroke certainly helped as well. He wouldn't be winning any contests of speed but the idea of descending and doing simple, minimal exploring was easy enough.

As Kalakote submerged he couldn't deny that there was a certain impossible luxury to being completely surrounded by water. It was downright soothing.

Athletics 20

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Kalakote PDF

A strong hint is fair game. He offers the rope to 2-3 others in the party. "Let it move with me. I will pull three times, quickly, if anything happens or before I return. Begin pulling then."

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Kalakote PDF

Without his armor on Kalakote's sheer wonder at seeing Iole summoned is written clear on his face! "Wonder of wonders, how many spirits bless you, Divine Seer?" He watches the water recede and begins donning his armor. "Fortune favors us. I shall lead!" Once prepared he takes up his sword and takes point, clearly eager to see what the temple is all about!

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Kalakote PDF

Sent forward by granted boons, Kalakote casts his ire upon one of the wretched fishes lurking near the back of the group and attempts to follow through with cleaving disapproval, coming up short against the nimble little slimer!

Granted Movement: Slide 5 towards Orange
Move: Close to Left/West side of Orange
Minor: Divine Challenge Orange(14 Radiant as Mark Punishment)
Free: Lawbreaker's Doom on Orange
Standard: Holy Strike vs Drowner Orange Misses.

pre:
Kalakote PDF  						 
HP: 92/105 (THP: 0)         AC:	27	Passive Insight: 25
DR 1, Resist 5 Necrotic

[ ] Strength from Valor    [ ] Piercing(I)
                        [ ] Force of Arms  
                        [X] Lawbreaker's Doom
                        [ ] Dispensed Justice
                        [ ] Red Death
                        [ ] Leaping(I)
                        [ ] Scabbard(I)

Passives:

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Kalakote PDF

Seeking retribution for the hook that pierces his side, Kalakote draws his blade up high before being struck blind! Stuck in a predicament, a whirlwind of chaos and exchanged spell effects passing before him, robbed of vision and bleeding out, this is as bad as things can get. But that's something his old friends would chuckle at, seeing travelers and city-goers panic when things get tough. Things will always get tough. It is a calming truth. A reliable one. A predictable pattern. Would being struck by maladies now be any different than when the giant arthropods of the desert spat venom and some found flesh?

No! A man must fight on and have faith. A simple trust in himself. As practiced today as it was decades ago, Kalakote brings his blade down once, the Pink Drowner evading the big swing. He rises again, passes to one side and anticipates the desire of the smaller beings to mob him. His sword drives into the Orange Drowner from above like the blade of an righteous mounted cavalry, the size difference and his own anger pushing further into the fiend's shoulder until he feels the sweet, smashing relief of the blade passing to the stone, finding no further resistance in angler-man flesh. He can't see it but he knows: the Drowner has just repaid it's debt in viscera back two-fold, for his blade's passage did find a brief detour through the creature's thigh as well. He withdraws in a careful, measured pace, waiting for the scrambling counterattack.

Soon restored, he whispers thanks to the "Blessed Doctor."

Free: Ruby Scabbard for +1 Damage to next Damage roll.
Minor: Divine Strength, gain +6 Damage on next Attack and +2 F/R/W UEONT.
Standard: Strength from Valor CRIT on Orange Drowner, Miss Pink Drowner. 33 + 14 Crit Bonus for 57 Damage to Orange Drowner, -1 AC to Oranger Drowner(Save Ends), Gain 5 THP, Orange Drowner is Slowed UEOMNT.
Move: Shift 1 to B11.

pre:
Kalakote PDF  						 
HP: 87/105 (THP: 5)         AC:	27	Passive Insight: 25
Surges: 12/12 (V: 31)	For:	27(29)	Passive Perception: 20
Initiative: +8		Ref:	22(24)	Action Points: 0/1
Speed: 7		Will:	26(28)      Vision: Normal
DR 1, Resist 5 Necrotic

[ ] Force of Arms  
                        [X] Lawbreaker's Doom
                        [ ] Dispensed Justice
                        [ ] Red Death
                        [ ] Leaping(I)
                        [X] Scabbard(I)

Passives:

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Kalakote PDF

Renewed and invigorated multiple times, Kalakote roars as he turns and raises his sword overhead! Pain is an illusion as his vision returns and he sees past the dull blade barely poking him. Instead he moves in a smooth motion, propelled by Sathain to the side of his old foe. Defilement rips across his armor and blade for a second before it comes home with perfect accuracy and mulches the fish from jaw to hip!

Free: Granted Slide to B10.
Minor: Octogram Daily to regain Channel Divinity.
Move -> Minor: Divine Strength for +6 Damage.
Standard: Force of Arms vs Orange Drowner with +4 from Divine Strength/Force of Arms effect, +2 CA, +2 vs Prone. Hits for 36 Damage, killing Orange Drowner.

pre:
Kalakote PDF  						 
HP: 80/105 (THP: 9)         AC:	27	Passive Insight: 25
Surges: 12/12 (V: 31)	For:	27(29)	Passive Perception: 20
Initiative: +8		Ref:	22(24)	Action Points: 0/1
Speed: 7		Will:	26(28)      Vision: Normal
DR 1, Resist 5 Necrotic

[ ] Valiant Rush           [X] Octogram(I)
                        [X] Force of Arms  
                        [X] Lawbreaker's Doom
                        [ ] Dispensed Justice
                        [ ] Red Death
                        [ ] Leaping(I)
                        [X] Scabbard(I)

Passives:

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Kalakote PDF

Granted guidance, Kalakote continues to move and draws his blade up after the momentum of his slaying the Drowner. His new path finds the Cutter forced to take his blade's edge! The paltry tools it uses to rake at flesh are cast aside by the sheer might and size of the giant's greatsword and great compensation is paid unto the angler-man, right through the side!

Granted Movement: Shift to C10
Granted Attack: Hit Red Cutter for 27 Damage and -1 AC(Save Ends.)

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Kalakote PDF

Braving the storm, he sets his hand on Sathain's shoulder to try to offer some reassurance, or at least a prompt for enduring. He nods to his companion before raising his head to properly address Antaeus. "Learned One, we seek answers at the behest of the Honored Sage Daclamitus. You speak of ways to advance... this is his dream as well. Would you share that which you know?"

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Kalakote PDF

(Geyser hits, Gaze misses, Elemental slam hits.)

Blasted and slammed, left soaking wet, Kalakote stands tall and lowers his head slightly. He simply glowers at the Lich. ".. What you do with water is somehow extra profane." At the Doctor's prompting he evacuates the area of the coming Mind Blast and withdraws his blade before whirling back in, delivering a whirlwind motion that belies a maddening flailing. In truth he raises and slams his blade down precisely three times, cleaving only those elementals around him! As the cold crystalizes around his upper body and begins to mist a defiled light rips through and rebuffs it!

Free: Granted Slide to F11 to avoid Baba's Attack.
Start: Ongoing 9 after DR, burning through 9 THP.
Move: Move to H8 via diagonal through G9.
Standard: Strength of Valor hits Lime, Fuchsia and Aqua(H7, I7 and J8.) Gain 15 THP. Deal 22 Damage to each and afflict them with -1 AC(Save Ends.)
Minor: Divine Challenge on Elemental Lime. 14 Radiant Damage if he violates the Mark.
Saves: Clear one Ongoing 10 Cold.
Granted Save: Natural 1, Nope.

pre:
Kalakote PDF  						 
HP: 80/105 (THP: 15/15)         AC:	27(31)	Passive Insight: 25
DR 1, Resist 5 Necrotic, Ongoing Cold 10

[ ] Force of Arms  
                        [ ] Lawbreaker's Doom
                        [ ] Dispensed Justice
                        [ ] Red Death
                        [ ] Leaping(I)
                        [X] Scabbard(I)

Passives:

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jan 5, 2019

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Kalakote PDF

(15 THP burned and drop to 79 from Robot hit with DR 1. Take 26 from Elemental down to 53. Healed to 91. Ongoing 9 down to 82.)

Without a further word Kalakote draws up his blade and banishes the frost coating him, blows away the water soaking him. Magical energy rips through him for a second before he brings the blade down upon the nearest elemental. It's form turns rigid in defense but the raw power of the swing crashes through it without grace or subtlety, overwhelming it to near dispersion!

Minor: Vice's Reward to gain 10 THP, +2 Defenses(Power) UEONT and a Saving Throw.
Save: Ongoing 10 Cold cleared.
Minor: Divine Strength. +2 F/R/W(Untyped) UEONT.
Standard: Force of Arms vs Cyan Ele(H7) with CA and +4 bonus via DS and FoA combo. Hits for 27 Damage. Cyan Ele has -1 AC(Save Ends.)

(Current Defenses are 31/31/26/30 UEONT.)

pre:
Kalakote PDF  						 
HP: 82/105 (THP: 10/10)         AC:	27(31)	Passive Insight: 25
Surges: 12/12 (V: 31)	For:	27(31)	Passive Perception: 20
Initiative: +8		Ref:	22(26)   	Action Points: 0/1
Speed: 7		Will:	26(30)      Vision: Normal
DR 1, Resist 5 Necrotic

[X] Vice's Reward          [ ] Dwarven Vigor(I)
                        [X] Force of Arms  
                        [ ] Lawbreaker's Doom
                        [ ] Dispensed Justice
                        [ ] Red Death
                        [ ] Leaping(I)
                        [X] Scabbard(I)

Passives:

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Kalakote PDF

(Burn 10 THP, take 9 damage, take 4 Ongoing. Healed to full.)

"How lucky you are to die twice!" Kalakote Shifts forward and pulls his blade up in a foolhardy stance! There's no caution, no observation, no guard! But infused with rippling magical fury he drives his blade down and crashes through Antaeus like a collapsing building! He blasts the undead mage with full force, such that it lingers! Pressed into close quarters and in the recovery of such a crazy swing he slows momentarily..

Move: Shift to I9.
Minor: Ardent Vow on Antaeus for +9 Damage and Divine Sanction Application UEOE.
Standard: Frenzing Smite vs Antaeus AC hits for 54 Physical Damage, decline Push, Antaeus is subject to my Divine Sanction UEONT and takes 8 Radiant Damage the first time each Round he makes an Attack that doesn't include me. Antaeus also gets -1 AC(Save Ends.) I grant CA to Enemies USOMNT.
Save: Save Failed vs Ongoing 5 Cold.

pre:
Kalakote PDF  						 
HP: 105/105 (THP: 0/10)         AC:	27()	Passive Insight: 25
Surges: 12/12 (V: 31)	For:	27()	Passive Perception: 20
Initiative: +8		Ref:	22()   	Action Points: 0/1
Speed: 7		Will:	26()      Vision: Normal
DR 1, Resist 5 Necrotic
Ongoing Cold 5

Ardent Strike		[ ] Second Wind            [X][X][ ][ ] Ardent Vow
Body Equilibrium        [X] Divine Strength        [X] Frenzying Smite
                        [X] Vice's Reward          [ ] Dwarven Vigor(I)
                        [X] Force of Arms  
                        [ ] Lawbreaker's Doom
                        [ ] Dispensed Justice
                        [ ] Red Death
                        [ ] Leaping(I)
                        [X] Scabbard(I)

Passives:

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Kalakote PDF

"Hahahahaha! There are bigger worms in the triangle, you Gods-scavenging snake!" In the wake of fighting through the mage and his elementals, Kalakote's armor is coated in a layer of thin frost yet barely scathed, only the odd shard of ice puncturing the large plate shells. Hefting his blade up in both hands, he pauses to assume a proper straight-forward stance, sword held at a 45 degree angle. Then he shifts to one side, lowering his sword and holding it parallel to the ground and pointing behind him, held steady at the hip.

There wasn't a great deal of subtlety behind his fighting style. It simply became necessary to use sweeps against creatures that were longer than they were tall, especially if they burrowed. Without further hesitation he rushes forward, the hollow light erupting out of his eye sockets as he slashes open the first length of Brasexei's guts. The memory of older hunts and the ghosts of the tribe that cut down so many of these worms is transmitted through this defiling wave, blasting the beast with arcane might. In the reverb caused by impact he's already pulsed forward, appearing at Brasexei's side. Grim specters preside over this hunt and Kalakote in his mask is indistinguishable from those assembled!

Minor: Blade of Black Wind Stance. My Hits cause target to grant CA UEOMNT. Can also Push 1.. but not this guy!
Move: Move to D9.
Standard: Death Angel CB3 hits Will![/b] Deals [url=http://orokos.com/roll/698922]33 Necrotic Damage and Brasexei must either use a free action to Move its speed to a square as far away as possible from me, or to become Dazed(Save Ends.) Withering Blade applies -1 AC(Save Ends) to Brasexei. Brasexei grants CA UEOMNT.
Effect: From Death Angel I Teleport to B10.

pre:
Kalakote PDF  						 
HP: 105/105 (THP: 0/10)         AC:	27()	Passive Insight: 25
DR 1, Resist 5 Necrotic

Ardent Strike		[ ] Second Wind            [X][X][ ][ ] Ardent Vow
Body Equilibrium        [ ] Divine Strength        [X] Frenzying Smite
Divine Challenge         OR Divine Mettle          [X] Death Angel
                        [ ] Heedless Fury          [X] Blade of Black Wind
                        [ ] Force of Arms  
                        [ ] Lawbreaker's Doom
                        [ ] Dispensed Justice
                        [ ] Red Death
                        [ ] Leaping(I)
                        [ ] Scabbard(I)

Passives:

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Feb 28, 2019

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Kalakote PDF

Shaken, rattled and rolled it is all Kalakote can manage to stumble up to his feet, sword embedded in the ground for him to lean on.

Move: Stand from Prone.

pre:
Kalakote PDF  						 
HP: 66/105 (THP: 0/10)         AC:	27()	Passive Insight: 25
DR 1, Resist 5 Necrotic

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Kalakote PDF

Empowered by spirits and chemicals, Kalakote falls upon Brasexei's side with a frenzy of strikes! He brings his blade up in a massive surge of momentum that carries through to leading it with one hand, the blade carving through flesh before going up and over his shoulder, landing behind him and impaling the ground, a single hand on the hilt to keep that path steady. With his other hand he thrusts a palm forward and applies a withering burn of magic to a scale yet uncleaved beside the wound, preparing it!

Reaching over his back with the second hand he takes his sword and brings it back overhead for a monstrous cleave, his armor shaking with the discharge of magical energy that rolls along it like an invisible wave of fog, defiling energies building up and billowing out from the undisciplined discharge of raw power! He finds new purchase in Brasexei's hide, ripping a deeper chunk out of the wicked worm! "I AM RENEWED, CREATURE!!!"

Granted Action: Shift to C10 and swing and a hit for 19 Damage.
Move -> Minor: Ardent Vow on Brasexei for +9 damage and Divine Sanction.
Minor: Divine Strength for +6 Damage and +4 Attack on Force of Arms.
Standard: Force of Arms hits AC 30 for 39 Damage and Brasexei has Divine Sanction: 8 Holy Damage if not including Kalakote in an Attack. Brasexei also has -1 AC(Save Ends.)

pre:
Kalakote PDF  						 
HP: 96/105 (THP: 0/10)         AC:	27()	Passive Insight: 25
DR 1, Resist 5 Necrotic

Ardent Strike		[ ] Second Wind            [X][X][X][ ] Ardent Vow
                        [ ] Heedless Fury          [X] Blade of Black Wind
                        [X] Force of Arms  
                        [ ] Lawbreaker's Doom
                        [ ] Dispensed Justice
                        [ ] Red Death
                        [ ] Leaping(I)
                        [ ] Scabbard(I)

Passives:

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Kalakote PDF

Taller than the wave that blasts through him, Kalakote marches forward and draws his blade up overhead. Billowing waves of arcane fury whip around him and leech from the timeless vitality of the originating beast that yielded the carapaces for his armor. The flow of the ethereal mends his wounds and amplifies his coming strike, the defilement crackling through even the warrior wielding it and rendering his bones and armor supernaturally brittle for a moment.

It is worth the trade off as he cleaves off another stretch of scales and the flesh beneath from the great wyrm.

OA: OA hits for 17 Damage.
Move -> Minor: Ardent Vow on Brasexei for +9 Damage.
Standard: Heedless Fury vs Brasexei hits for 38 Damage and applies Divine Sanction(8 Radiant) and -1 AC(Save Ends, stacks with prior two.) Kalakote has -5 Defenses UEOMNT.
Minor: Armor of Dwarven Vigor. Use Second Wind and regain additional 8 HP.

pre:
Kalakote PDF  						 
HP: 102/105 (THP: 0/10)         AC:	27()	Passive Insight: 25
DR 1, Resist 5 Necrotic

Ardent Strike		[X] Second Wind            [X][X][X][X] Ardent Vow
                        [X] Heedless Fury          [X] Blade of Black Wind
                        [X] Force of Arms  
                        [ ] Lawbreaker's Doom
                        [ ] Dispensed Justice
                        [ ] Red Death
                        [ ] Leaping(I)
                        [ ] Scabbard(I)

Passives:

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Mar 21, 2019

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Kalakote PDF

With a roar of triumph Kalakote raises his blade overhand with both hands! Then he rushes over the span of the vanished lake, his excitement turning to low frustration as the corpse of the beast has vanished entirely. "What foul outcome is this?" To vent that frustration that sours their victory he slashes the ground, as though it would reveal the lake and Brasexei were merely hiding a foot below in the solid rock. Nothing would be forthcoming regarding Brasexei's remains and he'd have to sigh and take it in stride. "A God-killer.. it thrashed against us mortals like any other worm of the desert."

Holstering his blade he rejoins the others and considers their honored benefactor. "The sorcerer remembered your name, and with great fury."

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Kalakote PDF

The big fellow is already soothing mild irritation that such a great beast would have the indecency to leave this world without leaving remains. Most unnatural. Now their Honored Benefactor..

His voice rumbles forth room his helmet. "An Order of Fools, seeking to skip their place in the cycle of the world. And then to do the same to the world itself.. Honored Sage, leaving things unsaid and cutting against a shared intent later is beneath you. It is the way of a water thief. Come. Tell us your place in this and why you have not accepted your own end." Daclamitus is small, sure, but Kalakote doesn't think it's as easy as throwing around who is the strongest right now. "These things hunt Gods yet yield to Men? What is real here?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Kalakote PDF

"It is fortunate we happened upon the sorceror and his primal at this time." Sarcasm doesn't suit Kalakote so he doesn't bother. It really is lucky things turned out the way they did.

"Is this the bargain, then? A pilgrimage for the One God to earn a green world?"