Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Kayode "Baba" Babatunde

"Ho-hum." Baba's voice rumbles into the crowded little hut, deep and resonant. The old merchant strokes his beard as his eyes scan the group. "My name is Kayode, of the house of Babatunde. I shall endeavor to keep you all safe as we traverse the treacherous sands." Though one might have seen him in the past in Tyr with deep-colored cloth and many a bright jewel surrounding him, the old man is dressed much more practically now - a simple robe that shimmers as the light flickers across it, a white cloak in a feather pattern to shield him from the sun, and sturdy sandals. Tapping his staff on the ground, Baba continues: "Master Daclamitus, though the doctor's question is certainly important, I should wish to add one more. You have already addressed the ludicrous nature of this quest. As much as we might all hope for a green Athas to be truth, I would beg for a little more proof of your conviction. I can see you are not mad, but how did you come to know of this? Wherefore pursue you this quest? Forgive my doubts, but I am a businessman at heart, and I did not get where I am on hope alone."

pre:
Kayode   						 
HP: 75/75 (THP: )        AC:   28    Passive Insight: 24
Surges: 7/7 (V: 18)      For:  22    Passive Perception: 19
Initiative: +11  	 Ref:  25    Action Points: 0
Speed: 6     	         Will: 28    Vision: Normal
Power Points:  8         Languages: Common, Primordial

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Bond of Censure         [ ] Argent Rain                      [ ] Force Spheres    
Dimensional Scramble    [ ] Aspect of Agility                [ ] Mind Blast            
Dishearten              [ ] Dream Blade                      [ ] Strength of Many
Kinetic Buffer          [ ] Far Hand
Manifest Dream Form     [ ] Mind over Flesh
Thought Projection      [ ] Mind Shroud
                        [ ] Oath of Enmity
                        [ ] Relentless Stride
                        [ ] Second Wind

Item Powers
[ ] Raven Cloak (Daily)
[ ] Repulsion Armor (Daily)
[ ] Silt Sandals (Daily)

Conditionals/Resists:
Courageous Mind: +1 to saving throws while bloodied. 
Dominating Mind: When inflicting save ends daze, dominate or stun, target takes -2 to the first save.
Dreaming Advantage: When using an AP to make a psionic attack, gain CA against any enemy adjacent to dream form.
Eyes of the Deep Dwarf: Gain darkvision as long as you have one PP.
Human Ingenuity: When using an AP, regain a PP. 
Raven Cloak: Resist 5 cold and necrotic.
Silt Sandals: Ignore difficult terrain and leave no tracks in dirt, sand, silt. Can move across non-solid surfaces.
If you end your turn on a non-solid surface, you sink. 
Staff of Expertise: Do not provoke OAs from ranged or area attacks with a staff. Melee attacks with a staff get reach 1.
Superior Will: Save vs daze and stun at the start of your turn. 

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Kayode "Baba" Babatunde

"Aye," Baba agrees, stroking the tip of his moustache with his fingers, "I am still not entirely convinced that this will heal Athas... but I suppose a leap of faith shall be required for any such an undertaking, no matter how much proof there is. I shall accompany those who go. If nothing else, ridding a temple of the restless dead is a noble enough quest." The old man turns to look out the window of the little hut, his eyes scanning the desert ahead. Such a barren waste. Could it really be green, one day? Wasn't it worth a try?

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Kayode "Baba" Babatunde

Kayode remains mostly quiet throughout the journey, lost in thought. He does remain alert, in case of scavengers or bandits, but fortunately such trouble is far away. The sight of Cromlin brings him joy, however. No matter how dirty and backwoods it may be, it is still a place of commerce; and whatever else, the flow of currency is still the merchant's field of expertise. "Ho there, Doctor, master Sathain, allow an old merchant to accompany you. We may run into an acquaintance of mine who can tell us of this Bevus!" He falls in line with the two, motioning reassuringly to Jascha who heads off to contain Gnarglenog's manners. "Now, shall we about? The market is bustling, and it shall bring us much opportunity!" The old man seems to liven up quite a bit as they step off into the market, his eyes glittering with mirthful perception.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Kayode "Baba" Babatunde

"Be at ease, good man. We are not here to harass; 'tis your aid we seek, on behalf of master Daclamitus." Kayode steps forward, palms out to display his unwillingness to do harm. "If you seek proof, allow me to show you a letter, that each of us received in turn; a summons, if you will." Slowly reaching into his pockets, he pulls out the aforementioned parchment, unfolding it and holding it at arm's length for Bevus to read. "My name is Kayode of the house Babatunde; however, you may call me Baba, if it suits you. My companions' names are not mine to give, but they can be trusted - this I swear upon my honor. I can understand your distrust of those who seek the temple ruins; but our intentions are naught but good, and we hope you can help."

Diplomacy to put Bevus at ease at 1d20+7=22.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Kayode "Baba" Babatunde

Baba's posture changes immediately when the door opens. Instead of a calm, jolly man, an experienced warrior stands in their midst. A whirl of wood through air as he brandishes his staff and lowers himself into a guarded pose with practiced ease, ready for anything that might come at them. He pulls a pair of dainty-looking spectacles from his sash, the glasses tinted bright green like some kind of jade. He steps ahead carefully but with determined paces, the glasses allowing him the ability to see in the dark without impediment. He scans the room carefully, and listens for anything that might be ahead, beyond the finely crafted door.

Eyes of the Deep Dwarf give me darkvision while I have power points. Perception for anything out of the ordinary beyond old dusty shelves , as well as listening for anything beyond the door at 1d20+9=21.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Kayode "Baba" Babatunde

Kayode flinches as Zevra's mother makes herself known, a flourish of psionic energy shimmering before him as he brandishes his staff; but he relaxws when Zevra talks. "A little warning would have been preferred, lady Zevra," he grumbles quietly, nodding his head towards the door. "The immediate area seems clear, but I would still advise caution as we proceed. Is there much to glean from the texts here?"

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Kayode "Baba" Babatunde

Baba nods, and falls in a little ways back. However experienced he might be, he's less hardy than some of his companions, and doesn't want to walk face-first into a trap or a spirit. "Be careful," is the only other warning he utters to the bold gnoll.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Kayode "Baba" Babatunde

The wind and lightning buffet the old man, but he holds firm in place. Gripping his staff, he slams his palms together around it, and a blast forces out from around him, forcing the battered elven ghost backwards and at Gnarglenog's feet. Having no way out, Baba instead chooses to kneel, and a shimmering forcefield comes to life, shielding him from further attacks. A shimmering copy of his form emerges on the other side, ready to strike at whatever enemy runs afoul of his staff.

Standard: Kinetic Buffer (augment 1) vs Green Raaig E9 at 1d20+15=23.. Hit thanks to Nog's flanking for 1d6+9=14 damage, and push the Green Raaig to E10. I also get +2 to all defenses UEOMNT.
Free: Manifest Dream Form in F10 upon use of PP.
Minor: Mind Shroud. I have superior cover and am slowed UEOMNT.
EOT: take 10 damage from zone.

pre:
Kayode   						 
HP: 39/75 (THP: )        AC:   28    Passive Insight: 24
Power Points:  7/8       Languages: Common, Primordial

Dishearten              [ ] Dream Blade                      [ ] Strength of Many
Thought Projection      [X] Mind Shroud
                        [ ] Oath of Enmity
                        [ ] Relentless Stride
                        [ ] Second Wind

Item Powers
[ ] Raven Cloak (Daily)
[ ] Silt Sandals (Daily)

Conditionals/Resists:
Dominating Mind: When inflicting save ends daze, dominate or stun, target takes -2 to the first save.
Dreaming Advantage: When using an AP to make a psionic attack, gain CA against any enemy adjacent to dream form.
Silt Sandals: Ignore difficult terrain and leave no tracks in dirt, sand, silt. Can move across non-solid surfaces.
Staff of Expertise: Do not provoke OAs from ranged or area attacks with a staff. Melee attacks with a staff get reach 1.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Kayode "Baba" Babatunde

Kayode spits some blood to the ground from the hit, turning his staff in his hands and thrusting at the shimmering copy of himself. A wave crackling psionic energy washes over the ghosts, and while the elf seems to withstand it, the human spirit is tossed about through the aether. Now free of threats, the old man moves back to get some distance between himself and the ghosts that had battered him so. His dream form would ensure that he could still reach them with his power, however.

Standard: Dimensional Scramble (augment 1) vs Grey Raaig G9 and Green Raaig E10 at 2#1d20+15=24, 19. Miss Green, but hit Grey for 1d6+9=14 damage. Teleport Grey to H8.
Move; Aspect of Agility to shift 5 to B3, get +2 AC/Ref UEOMNT. Dream Form shifts 1 to E9.

pre:
Kayode   						 
HP: 20/75 (THP: )        AC:   28    Passive Insight: 24
Power Points:  6/8       Languages: Common, Primordial

Dimensional Scramble    [X] Aspect of Agility                [ ] Mind Blast            
                        [ ] Oath of Enmity
                        [ ] Relentless Stride
                        [ ] Second Wind

Item Powers
[ ] Raven Cloak (Daily)
[ ] Silt Sandals (Daily)

Conditionals/Resists:

Wahad fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Jan 19, 2018

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Kayode "Baba" Babatunde

"Hold fast, my companions! The tables turn!" Baba calls out from across the battlefield. He sends out the full force of his will to battle one of the ghosts, distracting it momentarily for others to disengage while the shimmering copy of himself dashes into the fray.

Standard: Dishearten (Aug 1) on Grey Raaig I5 at 1d20+15=34. Hit for 1d6+9=11 damage. Grey Raaig I5 takes -2 to attacks and can not make OAs UEOMNT.
Move; Dream Form up to I4.

pre:
Kayode   						 
HP: 46/75 (THP: )        AC:   28    Passive Insight: 24
Power Points:  5/8       Languages: Common, Primordial

[ ] Oath of Enmity
                        [ ] Relentless Stride
                        [ ] Second Wind

Item Powers
[ ] Raven Cloak (Daily)
[ ] Silt Sandals (Daily)

Conditionals/Resists:

Wahad fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jan 25, 2018

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Kayode "Baba" Babatunde

Seeing the battle coming to an end, Baba takes a step forward and moves his arm. In the same moment, his phantom copy lashes out with a phantom blade, striking the ghost before it knows what happened.

Move; Shift to C5.
Minor; Oath of Enmity on Grey Raaig H5.
Standard; Dream Blade vs Grey Raaig H5 at 2#1d20+15=26. Damage for 2d8+9=14 psychic. Squares adjacent to my dream form are difficult terrain for enemies UEOMNT.

pre:
Kayode   						 
HP: 46/75 (THP: )        AC:   28    Passive Insight: 24
Power Points:  5/8       Languages: Common, Primordial

Dishearten              [X] Dream Blade                      [ ] Strength of Many
                        [X] Oath of Enmity
                        [ ] Relentless Stride
                        [ ] Second Wind

Item Powers
[ ] Raven Cloak (Daily)
[ ] Silt Sandals (Daily)

Conditionals/Resists:

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Kayode "Baba" Babatunde

The burst of wind elicits a surprised grunt from Kayode, as he looks up towards where the airflow is directed. "Hm. Forgive an old man his trepidation, but it seems unwise to jump in with such violent wind without a means to control it. Perhaps we're best suited to investigate further on this ground level," he suggests, moving towards the door opposite the circular room once it is still again. After taking a moment to make sure it is safe, he carefully tries to open it.

If we're taking a short rest, I spend 2 surges to heal to full.
Arcana to check for magical traps at 1d20+19=20. Womp womp.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Kayode "Baba" Babatunde

Baba is quiet, respecting the sleep of the dead as they march on. But when Zevra shares her findings, he responds: "A tragic tale; though until we find more details, I say we let them rest. No sense angering the spirits by lingering in their space." He pads carefully through the area, looking for whatever passage will lead them onwards.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Kayode "Baba" Babatunde

Baba's movement is quick, and before anybody notices he's picked up a canvas and hauled himself to the top level. A silver fire erupts behind him as he locks eyes with the priestess, engulfing one of the ghosts in their cleansing energies, though it doesn't seem to harm the books scattered around. "Sathain! Control the ground floor!" he shouts down over the raging wind. The elf had been particularly useful in denying the enemies their freedom of movement; something that would be crucial in such a large space.

Free; Move 2 to E0.
Free: Slide 5 to B5. Gain +4 Ref UEOMNT.
Minor: Pick up Canvas.
Move; Move to A9 (upper level) with canvas.
Standard: Argent Rain vs Green Raaig 1 at 1d20+15=26, hitting for 1d10+9=11 fire damage. Create a zone from -C6 to -A8. Any creature entering the zone or ending their turn in it takes 10 fire damage. They can only take this damage once per turn.

pre:
Kayode   						 
Surges: 5/7 (V: 18)      For:  22    Passive Perception: 19
Power Points:  8/8       Languages: Common, Primordial

Bond of Censure         [X] Argent Rain                      [ ] Force Spheres    
                        [ ] Oath of Enmity
                        [ ] Relentless Stride
                        [ ] Second Wind

Item Powers
[ ] Raven Cloak (Daily)
[ ] Silt Sandals (Daily)

Conditionals/Resists:

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Kayode "Baba" Babatunde

Baba deflects the spirits attack with his staff, and waves of force start to emanate from his being. Circling around the raging phantom, he slams his hands together and forces it back into the burning silver fire.

Minor: Repulsion Armor. Until the end of the encounter, whenever an enemy moves adjacent to me, I push them one square as an immediate reaction.
Move: to -B10, avoiding OAs.
Standard: Kinetic Buffer vs Green Raaig 1 at 1d20+15=29. Hit for 1d6+9=13 damage, and diagonally-down push Green Raaig 1 to -B8, making them take an additional 10 fire damage for entering the zone. I get +2 to all defenses.

Reaction: If Green Raaig 1 moves adjacent to me, I will use Repulsion armor to push them back into the zone.

pre:
Kayode   						 

[ ] Oath of Enmity
                        [ ] Relentless Stride
                        [ ] Second Wind

Item Powers
[ ] Raven Cloak (Daily)
[X] Repulsion Armor (Daily)
[ ] Silt Sandals (Daily)

Conditionals/Resists:

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Kayode "Baba" Babatunde

Noticing the spirit flying away, Baba reaches out with his hand. He might not be able to stop it, but at least he could prevent it from attacking the others down below. His will lashes out and hits the raaig like a brick, leaving the phantom sluggish. On the ground floor, a copy of himself appears, brandishing its staff to threaten the other spirits and hopefully take some attention away from the party.

Standard: Augment 1 Dishearten vs Green Raaig 1's Will at 1d20+15=29. Hit for 1d6+9=14 psychic damage. Green Raaig 1 takes -2 to all attacks and can't make OAs UEOMNT.
Free: Manifest Dream Form in E7.
Move: Shift 1 to -A10.

ACTION POINT! (Regain 1 PP)

Standard: Augment 2 Dream Blade vs Grey Raaig 1 and 3's Reflex at 2#1d20+17=22,19. Double miss. Still, all squares adjacent to my dream form are difficult terrain for enemies UEOMNT.

Reaction: If Green Raaig 1 moves adjacent to me, I will use Repulsion armor to push them back into the zone.

pre:
Kayode   						 

Dishearten              [X] Dream Blade                      [ ] Strength of Many
                        [ ] Oath of Enmity
                        [ ] Relentless Stride
                        [ ] Second Wind

Item Powers
[ ] Raven Cloak (Daily)
[ ] Silt Sandals (Daily)

Conditionals/Resists:

Wahad fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Mar 20, 2018

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Kayode "Baba" Babatunde

"Get back here!" Baba cries out, reaching across a fold of space to warp the spirit back into the still-raging fire, while his clone rushes to aid Sathain.

Standard: Dimensional Scramble vs Green Raaig 1's Fort at 1d20+15=29. Hit for 1d6+9=14 damage. Teleport Green Raaig to -B7. It takes 10 damage from the zone.
Move: Dream Form to I6.

pre:
Kayode   						 

[ ] Oath of Enmity
                        [ ] Relentless Stride
                        [ ] Second Wind

Item Powers
[ ] Raven Cloak (Daily)
[ ] Silt Sandals (Daily)

Conditionals/Resists:

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Kayode "Baba" Babatunde

"I'm afraid I cannot." Baba answers the spirit with a twinge of regret in his voice. "Be at peace, spirit." A handful of glowing spheres shimmer into being, circling around the old man's form as he stands up. They start to spin faster, faster still, until one of them lunges out and bursts straight through the Raaig's form, dissipating it into nothingness.

Move: Stand up.
Standard: Activate Force Spheres. I have +2 to defenses as long as I have one force sphere.
Minor: Force Sphere Attack vs Green Raaig 1 Reflex at 1d20+15=30. Hit for 1d6+9=14 force damage. Green Raaig 1 dies. I have 3 spheres remaining.

pre:
Kayode   						 
HP: 48/75 (THP: )        AC:   28    Passive Insight: 24

Bond of Censure         [X] Argent Rain                      [X] Force Spheres    
                        [ ] Oath of Enmity
                        [ ] Relentless Stride
                        [ ] Second Wind

Item Powers
[ ] Raven Cloak (Daily)
[ ] Silt Sandals (Daily)

Conditionals/Resists:

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Kayode "Baba" Babatunde

"Is everyone alright?" Kayode calls when the spirits cease their rage, using his length of cloth to sail down to the ground floor and join his fellows. Seeing everybody is mostly still standing - bruises and bumps aside - he turns his attention to Iole instead, carefully listening to her story. Leaning on his staff, the old man occasionally strokes his beard in thought. He had never thought much of gods - or those pretending to be gods - but Iole had lost her purpose in life. Such a thing is hard on anyone. he remains quiet, though, letting the other, more clever people do the questions.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Kayode "Baba" Babatunde

"I am Kayode, of house Babatunde," says the old man to the newcomer, "but most people call me Baba." His journey back had been spent in solemn contemplation, meditating on what they had found in the temple. He still hadn't been sure of all the implications. Athas, a green world, once? A green world once again, if Daclamitus had his way of it. Things would change so drastically, he wondered if he could even imagine all the consequences. Still, hopefully Daclamitus was up to answering some questions. The man's knowledge of certain things was...uncanny, to say the least.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Kayode "Baba" Babatunde

Baba, for his part, doesn't simply lounge in the lingering smoke. He accepts the relieving balms gratefully, of course, but rather than sit and soak, he instead goes through a few routine exercises, with slow, measured movements. "It is a form of meditation that helps keep my body limber," he mentions towards quizzical expressions, his voice strangely serene, almost monotone. Alongside the physical benefits, it was a fine way for him to keep hold of the powers of his mind, by settling the focus and not letting petty thoughts distract him.

Still, Shaiha's question reaches him perfectly clear. "Have you any children? Any of you?" Avra's shrieking protest doesn't even raise an eyebrow. "Ghostly company excluded." Baba's words come slowly, as if with great deliberation. "I have three children - two daughters and one son - and they all have children of their own, eight in total." A long exhale follows the words, and his eyes seem to grow more aware, as he comes back into the conversation at a more normal tone of voice. "I do this for them. If they and their children can see a greener Athas, I should wish for nothing more."

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Kayode "Baba" Babatunde

Kayode simply sits, cross-legged, and nods. "Aye. The teeth of time have fortunately spared me the curse of the cripple or the infirm. But even so, this old body ages, and it will not be long before I, too, crumble into sand." His eyes glimmer with focus. "I shall endeavor to complete our quest before that happens, however." Whatever else might be said, the old man simply lapses into thoughtful silence, enjoying the soothing alchemical supplies.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Kayode "Baba" Babatunde

Daclamitus' place

Baba scoffs at Sathain's suggestions. "I have no delusions of immortality or grandeur, and I take great offense that you would suggest such a thing. Time will take me when it is ready. I have long since accepted this. Spare me your cynicism, Sathain."

Balic

"Ho there!" The old man hails the guard with a jovial raising of the hand. "Be at ease, sir. My name is Kayode, of the House Babatunde of Tyr, and this here is my entourage - protectors and companions alike. I have come to speak with my friend, Darius Veraxis, the pottery merchant! You know of him, yes? His vases are the finest in all of Balic, as I'm sure you are aware. I myself am no longer in the merchant business, I'm afraid - old age has taken its toll - but I had hoped to convince him to continue business with my son, who has taken over." His gentle smile turns into a worried frown. "But what is this about an attack, you say? What a terrible thing! I do hope there were no fatalities... Have you any idea what happened?"

Bluff to get us into the city at 1d20+15=34.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Kayode "Baba" Babatunde

It takes a hot second before Baba realizes what their newest companion had wrought. He tries to stop the giant from making a blunder, but alas, the praetor already approaches. Putting on his best friendly old man face, he steps forward with an apologetic bow. "A thousand pardons, master Praetor. This is all a big misunderstanding. Rightfully this good woman here is concerned with the laws being upheld! But we have little to hide, nor do we wish to break said laws. My name is Kayode, of House Babatunde of Tyr - formerly a merchant by trade - and this is my entourage. Your companions at the gate can confirm that I am here to visit a former colleague, and we only just entered the city. I had asked my guard here to see about securing us passage out, indeed; but only as soon as this dreadful business with the attempted assassination was done! Certainly, we do not wish to flaunt your beautiful city, or its just laws. But he is an unsophisticated man - his talents lie in other areas, as I'm sure you can imagine - so it was my folly indeed to ask this of him, and thus cause this panic. I beg of you, master Praetor, and you, good lady, forgive an old man an earnest mistake." Another bow, deeper than the former. This was going to take his best convincing to see off the praetor.

Bluff at 1d20+15=23

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Kayode "Baba" Babatunde

"Of course, master Praetor. You shall have no trouble from us. Thank you for your gracious mercy." Baba keeps his subservient smile, and bows once more, until the preator is far out of ear-shot. Once he is sure they are alone again, he sighs, his expression becoming slightly annoyed. "It seems we must tread more carefully. Let us go and find our ladies before they get carted off on suspicion of assassination." Turning to Kalakote, he mentions, "...and perhaps next time, a little tact would be of use."

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Kayode "Baba" Babatunde

Baba keeps close to the entrance, trying not to look conspicuous, while he lets his eyes glide over the crowd. Nerves were something to be expected, of course, in a situation like this. Nobody likes being questioned. But there were signs if one was hiding that they were actually an assassin. A glance towards the exit, a nervous tapping of the fingers...or, alternatively, a lack of nerves, and a steely answer to any questions that might come. If there was somebody like that in this room, he could find them.

Insight at 1d20+15=34.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Kayode "Baba" Babatunde

Baba had watched the display with quiet dismay. As much as the Sorcerer-Kings were a problem, they were too powerful to go up against, especially in the seat of their power. Still, they had what they came for. A way out of the city...hopefully. "Let us go, and swiftly," the old man said, taking the offered gift and beginning to move, "before the Praetors figure out what we did."

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Kayode "Baba" Babatunde

Baba quickly hurries into the protection of the more capable party members, but not after knocking two of the pirates down on their stomachs with a well-placed blast from his staff.

Minor: Oath of Enmity on Pirate Captain.
Standard: Dimensional Scramble (centered on H15) vs Psion Aqua and Raider Orange at 2x1d20+35,31. Hit both for 1d6+10=13. Teleport Psion Aqua to J13 and Raider Orange to J14 (off the boat). Save vs falling: 2x1d20=18,11. They don't move but fall prone.
Move: M19.

pre:
Kayode   						 
HP: 80/80 (THP: )        AC:   29    Passive Insight: 25
Surges: 7/7 (V: 20)      For:  23    Passive Perception: 20
Initiative: +12  	 Ref:  26    Action Points: 1
Speed: 6     	         Will: 29    Vision: Normal

Avenging Shackles       [ ] Argent Rain                      [ ] Celestial Fist    
Dimensional Scramble    [ ] Aspect of Agility                [ ] Force Spheres            
Dishearten              [ ] Bound by Fate                    [ ] Mind Blast   
Kinetic Buffer          [ ] Dream Blade
Manifest Dream Form     [ ] Far Hand
Thought Projection      [ ] Mind over Flesh
                        [ ] Mind Shroud
                        [X] Oath of Enmity
                        [ ] Second Wind

Item Powers
[ ] Raven Cloak (Daily)
[ ] Silt Sandals (Daily)

Conditionals/Resists:
Resilient Focus: +2 to all saves.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Kayode "Baba" Babatunde

The old man endures the pirate assault with admirable stoicness, though he does fall to his knees. Standing up while gritting his teeth, he looks at both pirates aside him, and brings his arms out. As he does, a wave of force explodes from Baba, sending the pirates flying overboard with a scream. Meanwhile, on the other ship, reality shatters into a new form, a copy of the old man with a mirage-like quality to him. Free for the moment from attacks, Kayode hunkers down, ready to weather any other assault.

Move: Stand up.
Standard: Kinetic Buffer (Augment 2) vs Warrior Orange and Raider Aqua at 2x1d20+17=37, 29. Hit Raider Aqua for 2d6+10=16 force damage. CRIT Warrior Orange for 22+3d10=43 force damage. Push Raider Aqua to J23 and Warrior Orange to P23. Save vs falling overboard for both at 2x1d20=8, 7. Both fall overboard. I also get +2 to all defenses UEOMNT.
Free: Manifest Dream Form at R14.
Minor: Mind Shroud. UEOMNT I have superior cover and am slowed.
End of Turn: Save vs Immobilized at 1d20+3=6.

pre:
Kayode   						 
HP: 24/80 (THP: )        AC:   29    Passive Insight: 25

[X] Mind Shroud
                        [X] Oath of Enmity
                        [ ] Second Wind

Item Powers
[ ] Raven Cloak (Daily)
[ ] Silt Sandals (Daily)

Conditionals/Resists:

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Kayode "Baba" Babatunde

The old man kneels on the ground, spending a long moment in silence, running his hand across the ground. When he rises, his voice breaks for his first few words before settling. "Is this...what the world can be? Is this what we fight for?" He sighs, and a smile, too, breaks across his bearded face. "I am heartened by this sight, friends. I hope you feel the same." Sathain's suggestion leads him to nod. "It is as good a place as any. Lead on!"

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Kayode "Baba" Babatunde

"Hail!" Baba splays his hands with palms open, showing he means no harm, even with the blade pointing at him. "Be at ease, guardian of this place. We mean you no harm. We have come to this magnificent place to meet one who is called Mereades," with a slow movement, the old man produces the paper given to them by Daclamitus, holding it up for the hostile one to see, "Our instructions were to show them this. Know you where we can find them?"

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Kayode "Baba" Babatunde

Baba gazes out over the ruins below, reaching out with his senses to see if he can find something similar to what the guardian says she feels; but his is magic of the mind, not of the land, and it simply fizzles out into the air. "Have you a name for this place, Mereades?" he asks softly, "I have never seen its like." At a failure of his senses, he calls back to his education; even as a youth, he was fond of reading. Had he seen animals or read tales of the dead city of Shault?

Nature to identify animals or anything about this city. 1d20+10=28. If it should be History, it's 34 instead.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Kayode "Baba" Babatunde

"Water...?" Baba utters, in slight disbelief. He taps some of the dripping stones with his staff, as if trying to see if they're real. Looking from the stairs to the trapdoor and back to the party, the old man asks: "I agree with Jascha; this place is strange. Nevertheless, we must proceed. Shall we go up or down?"

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Kayode "Baba" Babatunde

"We'll need to tie it off somewhere, lest your strength wrests it from our grasp," Baba says to Kalakote, looking around for a suitable place to tie the rope around; he gestures at the altar with a quizzical look, finding it the only real solid place that can hold the giant's weight.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Kayode "Baba" Babatunde

"More angry spirits. Wonderful," Baba sighed, eyeing the now-accessible passage with a critical eye. "Very well, then. Kalakote, would you mind taking the lead? Just in case the aforementioned spirits decide to rush us while we move down the stairs."

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Kayode "Baba" Babatunde

Baba springs into action the moment the spirits arrive, calling forth a vortex that pulls one out of position and moving to the side to avoid getting hit with any far-reaching attacks the creatures might have.

Standard: Dimensional Scramble vs Cutters at 2x1d20+17=29, 25. Hit Cutter White for 1d6+10=15 force damage, and teleport him to the square adjacent to Mad One Fuchsia on the diagonal bottom right.
Move: to the square right-adjacent to the pool on the top.

pre:
Kayode   						 
HP: 80/80 (THP: )        AC:   29    Passive Insight: 25

[ ] Mind Shroud
                        [ ] Oath of Enmity
                        [ ] Second Wind

Item Powers
[ ] Raven Cloak (Daily)
[ ] Silt Sandals (Daily)

Conditionals/Resists:

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Kayode "Baba" Babatunde

Though the lightning robs him of his sight temporarily, the old man doesn't seem to care much; a wave of force washes over the gibbering madling besides him, blasting it away, as a shimmering copy of him appears in the fray further in the room and as Baba whirls his staff around, so does his mimic, striking all the enemies near it.

Standard: Dimensional Scramble Aug 1 vs Mad one Cyan and Drowner Orange at 1d20+17,1d20+19=23, 24. Hit Made One Cyan, killing it. Miss Drowner Orange. I get a +2 power bonus to defenses USOMNT.
Free: Manifest Dream Form in H10.
Move: Shift to A10.

Action Point!

Human Ingenuity: Regain 1 PP.
Dreaming Action: Get CA for the next attack against any enemy adjacent to my Dream Form.
Standard: Dream Blade (Aug 2) vs Cutter White, Drowner Lime, Cutter Red Reflex at 3x1d20+19=32,32,31. Hit all for 2d8+10=19 damage. All squares adjacent to my dream form are difficult terrain UEOMNT.

pre:
Kayode   						 
HP: 69/80 (THP: )        AC:   29    Passive Insight: 25
Initiative: +12  	 Ref:  26    Action Points: 0

[ ] Mind Shroud
                        [ ] Oath of Enmity
                        [ ] Second Wind

Item Powers
[ ] Raven Cloak (Daily)
[ ] Silt Sandals (Daily)

Conditionals/Resists:

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Kayode "Baba" Babatunde

Taking advantage of Sathain's repositioning, Baba calls down a pall of psychic energy amidst the maddened fishmen, hoping to quiet them down before too long. He sidesteps to complete the surrounding of their foes, with his manifested copy flanking the group on the other side.

Standard: Dishearten Aug 2 centered on C8 vs ALL enemies Will at 6x1d20+19=21,23,21,33,32,31. Starting top-left and going clockwise, and getting a bonus from Sathain (post below) so miss Lash Pink and Drowner Orange. Hit Aqua, Cutter Red, Drowner Lime, and Cutter White for 2d6+10=22 psychic damage and they take -2 to attacks UEOMNT.
Move: Shift 1 to A9. Move Dream Form to D9.
Minor: Mind Shroud. I gain superior cover and am slowed UEOMNT.

pre:
Kayode   						 
HP: 69/80 (THP: )        AC:   29    Passive Insight: 25
Initiative: +12  	 Ref:  26    Action Points: 0
Power Points:  4/8       Languages: Common, Primordial

Kinetic Buffer          [X] Dream Blade
                        [X] Mind Shroud
                        [ ] Oath of Enmity
                        [ ] Second Wind

Item Powers
[ ] Raven Cloak (Daily)
[ ] Silt Sandals (Daily)

Conditionals/Resists:

Wahad fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Nov 29, 2018

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Kayode "Baba" Babatunde

Keeping his staff at the ready, Baba first looks to the party as the fishman speaks. "Everyone alright?" he asks. When he gets more or less everyone's affirmation to the matter, he cocks his head at the still warbling enemy. "Well, I can't understand him. Maybe our friend from the temple can translate?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Kayode "Baba" Babatunde

Baba's rather astounded at the reaction; but the old merchant has not gotten this old without knowing how to play a conversation. "Fellow explorers and researchers, seeking to divine the nature of this place, good sir. We were unaware others were still here, but it is good to see another living soul! You may call me Kayode; might I inquire after your name?"

Diplomacy to be a friendly face if necessary at 1d20+8=22.