Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!

Good King Gnarglenog

The gnoll stands with crossed arms, sizing up everyone within the room, pacing about like a dog waiting for a new meal to appear. Speaking of which, he does not even so much as give the fruits within the room a second glance. Jascha aside, he has a small grin adorning his face after his appraisal of each person ends. Towering above most if not everyone within the room certainly gives him an air of superiority as well. With a hearty chuckle at the mention of Dog, whom he had a seemingly higher appraisal of than its owner, his gaze turns towards the elf.

"You work with Good King Gnarglenog, Lord of Fowler's Craw, and leader of the largest Gnoll pack in Athas! As do the rest of you! But this matters not, as Gnarglenog is a capable leader of more than just Gnolls, and will lead you all into glorious battle against these 'beasts' that block our entry. I'm fairly certain only the archer and myself have the conviction to spearhead this effort, but perhaps after getting our first taste of blood together, you will impress me. Gnarglenog has no questions for any of you, but a single demand: show Gnarglenog some conviction, and tell him of what drives you. This goes for you too, quest-giver. Gnarglenog, for example, is driven by the desire for blood, meat, and the greater good of the pack."

Placing himself into an armchair that is just large enough to contain him if he reclines against it, Gnarglenog awaits the responses with bated breath and a satisfied expression upon his face.

pre:
Good King Gnarglenog   						 
HP: 80/80 (THP: __)      AC:   28    Passive Insight: 20
Surges: 11/11 (V: 20)    For:  24    Passive Perception: 17
Initiative: +11  	 Ref:  26    Action Points: 1
Speed: 10     	         Will: 24    Vision: Low-light
Languages: Abyssal, Common

At Will			               Encounter			                           Daily
Five Storms		              [ ] Second Wind	                   	        [ ] Masterful Spiral   
Fallen Needle	                      [ ] Ferocious Charge	                	[ ] Water Gives Way       
Iron Soul Flurry of Blow              [ ] Open the Gates of Battle		        [ ] Tsunami Throw
Agile Recovery	                      [ ] Eternal Mountain                              [ ] Lesser Elixir of Speed
Spider Technique		      [ ] Bonecrusher
Psionic Spark	                      [ ] Eyes of the Basilisk
                                      [ ] Quicksilver Motion
                                      [ ] Cloth of the Charging Wind

Opportunity Attack: +19 vs AC, 1d6+9 damage, Crits on 19-20 for Ongoing 10 damage (save ends)

Conditionals/Passives:

Blood Fury: +2 damage when Bloodied
Pack Attack: +2 melee damage against enemies with 2 or more allies adjacent to it
River Rat: Enemies do not gain an attack bonus for flanking you
Basilisk's Boon: +2 to saving throws vs Immobilize, Restrain, or Slow effects
Internalize the Basic Kata: +Dex to MBA attack/damage, can Flurry of Blows off of an OA
Superior Will: Make saving throws vs Stunned or Dazed at start of turn, even if not a (save ends) effect
If Attacked by a Non-Minion while Bloodied: Will use Water Gives Way, or Tsunami Throw if there are 2+ enemies that can be hit by the secondary attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Good King Gnarglenog

"Bah! Gnarglenog needs no further explanations beyond you pointing in the direction we shall travel! The living dead, if they still have a body, are nothing more than aged meals for Gnarglenog's maw." The Gnoll's pride remains loud and firmly on-display as they continue. "Gnarglenog will ensure The Pack provides enough meat for the road ahead. Gnarglenog will also be waiting for any other preparations to be complete."

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Good King Gnarglenog

Gnarglenog, as befitting a creature known to roam the wastes great distances and devour carrion, was unphased by either the trip or the sights and smells of their destination. Flipping through the pages of an aging manual of some type and scratching their temples in obvious confusion at trying to comprehend the words within, the gnoll speaks up as the others begin to head off. "This is fine. Gnarglenog would rather take, but understands concept of supply and demand. Speaking of demand, this says to 'sample' the..." he continues to try mouthing out the word until he seems frustrated, closing the book. "Rrrgh! Gnarglenog does not know the word, but understands the meaning, and will be heading to bar to find this Bevus as well as drinks and a table. Those who wish to witness Gnarglenog doing so are free to join."

Without even waiting for a response from the others, he begins stomping his way into the village, making a beeline for the nearest location with a mug or similar beverage-based symbol adorning it. His gait does not deviate in the slightest, regardless of those who may be in front of or passing him. He in fact pays them no mind, as if they weren't there at all. If there is in fact a doorway, the gnoll will express a surprising amount of forethought and duck slightly as they enter so as to not hit their head on the doorway or the ceiling due to their excessive height.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Good King Gnarglenog

Entering the place without so much as a glance at the bouncer, Gnarglenog has a smirk on his maw as he enters, as if he knows something those following him do not. Approaching the bar itself, he slams down a fist containing a singular silver piece before barking out loudly enough to be heard by all. "Barkeep! Gnarglenog and his companions desire refreshments, of whatever type and quantity they desire. For this coin, he will also pay to refill the glass of everyone within this place!" Looking back over towards the crowds at large, he retains his grin and crosses his arms.

"All the Good King asks is that you provide him a table, and for those who wish for more than a second glass of grog to visit him at that table. For the price of a few interesting words about this town, that which lies crumbled past it, or those within, Gnarglenog will approve of your third, or perhaps even fourth drink. However..." he bares his fangs and gives a snarl with his next few words. "...should I find your words be false in hindsight, know that by merely approaching the table and handing me your glass that you give me your scent. A scent that I and my kind can follow effortlessly." Like flipping a switch, he goes right back to smiling. "Now then, let us drink, and make merry! To the generosity of Good King Gnarglenog!"

In the meantime, if you need an Intimidate...

Intimidate: 1d20+18 26

Here's a 26 for you.

Unknown Quantity fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Dec 8, 2017

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Good King Gnarglenog

The alpha dog responds with a hearty chuckle. "Then that makes the ruins all the more worth conquering, both to reveal its secrets and to do that which others could not." Looking back over at the other table for a moment, he lowers his tone. "That one, in the back. They've had their eyes on Gnarglenog this entire time. Tell me what you know of them."

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Good King Gnarglenog

"Ah, a fellow leader. Fear not, humanoids, Gnarglenog knows precisely how to handle this." Waiting for the Mul to obtain eye contact with him, the gnoll maintains unblinking eye contact as he approaches the table with a swagger to his step. Obtaining an unattended seat, he plops it down by the table and seats himself, reclining but not breaking eye contact for a moment before steepling his claws together in a businesslike manner.

"Gnarglenog understands that you are the alpha of this particular watering hole. He also understands that you do not trust him, but perhaps he can explain himself. It is part of the Gnoll way to establish who has dominance when performing any kind of negotiation. Gnarglenog's performance was a means to shake the daggers out from behind anyone's backs. As everyone has either cowered or reveled in response besides you, it stands to reason you know you have an edge over me in some form."

Going back to a more relaxed stance, the Gnoll sports a large, toothy grin. "Well, regardless of what it is, Gnarglenog is not here for that. He is here to conquer over the crumbled ruins that tower over this hovel. But of course, to conquer the ruins, one has to reach them. To that end, Gnarglenog will ask who, if anyone, demands a tithe for safe passage through that particular passage. He is not so stupid to assume that no one travels the sands to pick off the remains of groups traveling to or from what is believed to be certain death, after all."

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Good King Gnarglenog

The dog has had his arms crossed, nodding in response to the questions and answers as though he understands them. However, after Bevus' comments, he interjects. "Gnarglenog cares not for history! He cares only for the challenge placed in front of him! Speaking of which, our goal lies ahead of us. Let us continue forward. The sooner we arrive, the sooner this man's job is done, and the sooner I can sink my fangs into something. One can only feed off of preserved meat for so long before desiring something fresh."

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!

Good King Gnarglenog

"The tall one is right; Gnarglenog sees no point in reading about what we can see with our own two eyes."

Gnarglenog, not being of the especially literate sort, finds himself lacking any interest in these books. What he does have interest in, however, are the scents that his canine nose will pick up as he tests the door's mettle with a push. His large presence and purposeful movement gives the others plenty of time to step towards or away from the door as he does so.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!

Good King Gnarglenog

"YESYESYESYESYESYES." Staring directly at the ghost in front of him that just nicked his fur, Gnarglenog gains a toothy grin. "Look at me when I scream at you!"

Open The Gates of Battle!: 1d20+16 24 3d10+9 32
Add Flurry of Blows and that's 42 damage to the ghost at D12, also he cannot shift. Speaking of shifting, I can't Shift in that aura, but that doesn't stop Open The Gates of Battle! I move to D10 and do not proc an OA from my movement away from the gray ghost, ending my turn.

A flurry of claw swipes and bites quickly erupt towards the chest of the ghostly individual, finding a surprising amount of purchase as the gnoll tears away from the target, thwapping them across the face with their nunchaku and backflipping into a position a short distance away from their prey. "How can I snap your neck if you don't have one?! Doesn't matter, I'll just have to swallow your soul, like a fine vintage blood, aged to perfection and then beyond by your Hi'ilei! A true delicacy for the gourmands of gore!"

pre:
Good King Gnarglenog   						 
HP: 63/80 (THP: __)      AC:   28    Passive Insight: 20

Five Storms		              [ ] Second Wind	                   	        [ ] Masterful Spiral   
Fallen Needle	                      [ ] Ferocious Charge	                	[ ] Water Gives Way       
Iron Soul Flurry of Blow              [X] Open the Gates of Battle		        [ ] Tsunami Throw
Agile Recovery	                      [ ] Eternal Mountain                              [ ] Lesser Elixir of Speed
                                      [ ] Quicksilver Motion

Opportunity Attack: +19 vs AC, 1d6+9 damage, Crits on 19-20 for Ongoing 10 damage (save ends)

Conditionals/Passives:

Pack Attack: +2 melee damage against enemies with 2 or more allies adjacent to it
Internalize the Basic Kata: +Dex to MBA attack/damage, can Flurry of Blows off of an OA
Superior Will: Make saving throws vs Stunned or Dazed at start of turn, even if not a (save ends) effect
If Attacked by a Non-Minion while Bloodied: Will use Water Gives Way, or Tsunami Throw if there are 2+ enemies that can be hit by the secondary attack.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!

Good King Gnarglenog

Blood coming from his mouth and from numerous slashes across his chest, the gnoll, like the hyena it is, laughs uproariously! "THIS! THIS is the sensation I live for!" Accepting the challenge of the ghost before him who has yet again placed himself in front of Gnarglenog, he drives his claws in deep with a forceful palm strike, a strike of the nunchaku, and a kick away from him. He taunts his foe. "Into the dark of an endless night, where the pulse of the land offers no respite. The blood glows soft in the pale moonlight as I devour your sweet entrails tonight!"

Eyes of the Basilisk!: 1d20+16 25 2d12+11 33
Adding Flurry of Blows again, this is 43 damage to the C10 ghost. They are pushed to F11, marked, immobilized and can't shift UEOMNT.

Seeing a near-dead prey and an opportunity to move to another target, the gnoll moves like a blur, arriving in mere moments across from Sathain. "Gnarglenog's prey is all but taken care of. He shall now assist you with yours."

I moved to flank with Sathain at K10.

pre:
Good King Gnarglenog   						 
HP: 34/80 (THP: __)      AC:   28    Passive Insight: 20

Iron Soul Flurry of Blow              [X] Open the Gates of Battle		        [ ] Tsunami Throw
                                      [ ] Quicksilver Motion

Conditionals/Passives:

If Hit by a Non-Minion while Bloodied: Will use Water Gives Way, or Tsunami Throw if there are 2+ enemies it can hit.

Unknown Quantity fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jan 20, 2018

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!

Good King Gnarglenog

The lightning causes the gnoll to jerk rather violently and howl in a mix of both pleasure and pain. Without wasting a second, he slips around his prey to the other side of Sathain's targets and leaps onto the healthier spirit, latching onto it and biting deep into where its neck would be, chewing away until it leaves a gash that would leave even the undead bleeding. All the while, his claws swipe away with all four limbs at its other target, shredding it into so much dust and ectoplasm.

Eternal Mountain!: 1d20+18 38 1d20+18 34 2d8+21 33

CRITICAL HIT for 37 on K8 and 33 damage on K9, KOing the latter and leaving the former Prone, Unable to Shift, and taking Ongoing 10 Damage (save ends)

pre:
Good King Gnarglenog   						 
HP: 35/80 (THP: __)      AC:   28    Passive Insight: 20

[ ] Quicksilver Motion

Conditionals/Passives:

If Hit by a Non-Minion while Bloodied: Will use Water Gives Way, or Tsunami Throw if there are 2+ enemies it can hit.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!

Good King Gnarglenog

"Healing not from poultices or licking one's own wounds? Gnarglenog will partake of this bounty! The sooner healed, the sooner the hunt can resume!"

Spending enough surges to get to full.

------------------------------

The Gnoll looks over at the walls of the circular room, scratching at one of the surfaces, then licking the resulting dust off his claw. "Bah, if the humanoids cannot handle a little air, perhaps Gnarglenog should set an example. Observe, and provide me a rope, as Good King Gnarglenog bridges the gap!"

Giving a few moments for someone to provide him exactly what he desires, the Gnoll does a flick of the wrist and puts his claw into the stonework, finding purchase enough to fling himself to another section of wall. Through this rather crude but effective means of climbing the outer perimeter of the room, Gnarglenog attempts to travel the perimeter and reach the other end in one fluid motion.

Using Spider Technique to Climb 10, and as it's an at-will move action I can take up to 20 squares of movement. Will that get me to the other side?

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!

Good King Gnarglenog

Like a bolt of lightning covered in fur, Gnarglenog takes off at full sprint towards his target. "Gnarglenog desires flesh! Bother him not with your ghostly presence! Ngahhh!" Grabbing a canvas with one paw, he then leaps up towards the next level, going right to where he senses his new 'partner' setting up a plan for, and delivers an open palm thrust towards towards the priestess, intending to place her right where they want her.

John Madden.exe for movement.
Eyes of the Basilisk!: 1d20+16 27 2d12+9 16
Add 10 for flurry, and that's 26 damage, the Priestess is Pushed down 3 squares, cannot shift, is Marked and Immobilized UEOMNT.

pre:
Good King Gnarglenog   						 
Surges: 8/11 (V: 20)    For:  24    Passive Perception: 17

Iron Soul Flurry of Blow              [ ] Open the Gates of Battle		        [ ] Tsunami Throw
Psionic Spark	                      [X] Eyes of the Basilisk
                                      [X] Quicksilver Motion

Conditionals/Passives:

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Good King Gnarglenog

Fluff later, I'm very overdue on this post. Send Gnarglenog and this damage to either A) whoever's still at full HP, or B) whoever's at the lowest HP that he can reach.

Open The Gates of Battle!: 1d20+16 29 2d12+9 16
26 damage, Can't Shift, Gnarglenog moves up to 12 squares and doesn't provoke from the first enemy he reaches.

pre:
Good King Gnarglenog   						 

[X] Quicksilver Motion

Conditionals/Passives:

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Good King Gnarglenog

Free Action: MBA Gray 1. MBA!: 1d20+21 31
Damage!: 1d6+9 14
No Action: Add flurry and that offs Gray 1.
Minor Action: Fallen Needle's Movement Technique to reach E7.
Standard Action: Fallen Needle on Gray 3. Fallen Needle!: 1d20+18 36 1d10+9 13
Gray 3 takes a -2 penalty to attack me until its next turn.
Move Action: Shift 1 to be in better flanking position, if possible.

pre:
Good King Gnarglenog   						 

[X] Quicksilver Motion

Conditionals/Passives:

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Good King Gnarglenog

"RAWRRRRGH! Where's the blood! The more I cleave, the more I snarl, the more I cut into you and yet all that remains is goo, a substance not unlike blood but with none of the delicious scent or taste! You will bleed for me before this is over, glowing one!"

Gnarglenog leaps up onto the higher level, flanking with Sathain again as he attempts to deliver a bone-shattering shoulder tackle. His tackle misses wide, but he recollects himself and opts for a thunderous leg sweep, one which is far more successful in its venture.

Moved to flank with Sathain to attack Priestess.
Bonecrusher vs Priestess: 1d20+18 21 2d8+9+10 24
Missed, but I opted to use an Action Point to use Eternal Mountain.
Eternal Mountain vs Priestess!: 1d20+18 30 2d8+9+10 30
Priestess is Prone and Can't Shift. Also, will use Water Gives Way if she attacks me this turn.

pre:
Good King Gnarglenog   						 
Initiative: +11  	 Ref:  26    Action Points: 0

Agile Recovery	                      [X] Eternal Mountain                              [ ] Lesser Elixir of Speed
Spider Technique		      [X] Bonecrusher
                                      [X] Quicksilver Motion

Conditionals/Passives:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Good King Gnarglenog

With a guttural howl, Gnarglenog sees prey back on the ground, within running distance, and decides to go for a charging right hook across the thing's face.

Charging to attack Priestess from...M11? or M10 if that's available.

CHARGING FALLEN NEEDLE! (vs Priestess): 1d20+19 37 1d10+17 24 +2 for Pack Attack
26 damage, can't shift, -2 to attack rolls against me,

pre:
Good King Gnarglenog   						 
HP: 51/80 (THP: __)      AC:   28    Passive Insight: 20
Initiative: +11  	 Ref:  26    Action Points: 0

Fallen Needle	                      [X] Ferocious Charge	                	[ ] Water Gives Way       
Agile Recovery	                      [X] Eternal Mountain                              [ ] Lesser Elixir of Speed
Spider Technique		      [X] Bonecrusher
                                      [X] Quicksilver Motion

Conditionals/Passives: