Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Their second musical performance was the first one this season I didn't immediately fast forward through and they cut off one of my all time favorite songs to play some more lovely loving Christmas music as if I wasn't sick of that before Halloween. They should just stop having musical guests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

rodbeard posted:

Their second musical performance was the first one this season I didn't immediately fast forward through and they cut off one of my all time favorite songs to play some more lovely loving Christmas music as if I wasn't sick of that before Halloween. They should just stop having musical guests.
That's funny that I had the exact opposite reaction. I always skip the music about 20-30 seconds at a time, and when the regular Foo-Fighters BLAH that sounds like all Nickleback, turned into Christmas happiness, I played it and watched.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

DoggPickle posted:

That's funny that I had the exact opposite reaction. I always skip the music about 20-30 seconds at a time, and when the regular Foo-Fighters BLAH that sounds like all Nickleback, turned into Christmas happiness, I played it and watched.

I'm sorry, what? Foo Fighters sounds like Nickelback to you?

Then the Foo have truly won.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

pwn posted:

You don’t know his story. Maybe he just lost a buddy to Foo before the show and feels guilty because he wasn’t there to help fight it

Pat Smear is old as gently caress, he's just tired.

DoggPickle posted:

Foo-Fighters BLAH that sounds like all Nickleback

lol what.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
i thought the bummer-mode everlong turning into a upbeat xmas medley was a funny troll

did anyone recognize who the singers were for that (other than dave obvi)

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Vakal posted:

Would anyone be surprised if Lorne retired and Kenan took his place?

Al Franken's gonna have some free time pretty soon - maybe after 40 years he'll finally get the chance to produce the show. The 2020s will be the true Franken Decade!

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Foo Fighter's second set was practically a David Letterman tribute. Everlong was the song they performed to close out the Late Show when he retired, Baby Please Come Home sung by Darlene Love happened every show before they broke for Xmas. All it needed was a recreation of Jay Thomas's classic tale with the Lone Ranger.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Another cut bit, this one from Franco's show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSzytvDsPfo

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

pwn posted:

Another cut bit, this one from Franco's show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSzytvDsPfo

this is loving good

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Aliquid posted:

this is loving good

Yeah that was better than some sketches that made it to air for sure

pwn
May 27, 2004

A look into the mad race downstairs to skate on live TV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x8pqcAYwxM

pwn
May 27, 2004

Upcoming shows-

2018.01.13: Sam Rockwell with Halsey
2018.01.20: Jessica Chastain with Troye Sivan
2018.01.27: Will Ferrell with Chris Stapleton

There's also a live show marked on the schedule for February 3, the last and only Saturday in February that isn't during the Olympics. Doing four live shows in a row is rare, but even rarer? Not having a live show in February. In fact, February is one of only two months, along with November, which has always had a live SNL since 1975.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

pwn posted:

A look into the mad race downstairs to skate on live TV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x8pqcAYwxM

This is shocking to me that they got down there and got their skates on in that short amount of time. Hell, as an audience member, the sheer amount of checkpoints you have to check into, and halls you have to walk down to get to the studio seems like it would prohibit that. And they had to walk down the same halls and get into the same elevators. Insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwn
May 27, 2004

New thread go now you're excited!!

• Locked thread