Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Combo posted:

I have a bit of a dilemma now.

I'll have enough to pull at least one more time by the end of the fest. Problem being that I'm strong as hell with water/ice and earth (plus I have like every Tifa relic) so I'm kind of shying away from banners 4 and 5.

I could use more wind and definitely (surprisingly) more holy/dark. I'm considering a pull on banner 1 of the IV event, is that stupid?

No, IV-1 is a great banner for holy/dark. DK Cecil USB in particular is probably the best physical dark tech in the game. Even up to the current state of JP Sephiroth is probably the only character that challenges him in that category, although somebody who actually plays JP might correct me on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Jeezy Chreezy:

2/11 - Aeris USB2, Aeris LMR
2/11 - Noctis Glint, Zack Chain

Yeah, okay, I'll stop there! :stare:

No dupes and everything I could want!

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Zack Chain, Cloud BSB2

Not what I wanted (noctis AOSB/Glint) but I'll take it.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Combo posted:

I have a bit of a dilemma now.

I'll have enough to pull at least one more time by the end of the fest. Problem being that I'm strong as hell with water/ice and earth (plus I have like every Tifa relic) so I'm kind of shying away from banners 4 and 5.

I could use more wind and definitely (surprisingly) more holy/dark. I'm considering a pull on banner 1 of the IV event, is that stupid?

It's definitely a pretty solid banner. Decil's new toys are good, Pecil's new toys look interesting if you can find a way to fit him on a team, and one of the consolation prizes is Fusoya BSB aka the ever elusive holy mage SB. I've been eyeing it for a while, and after assessing banner 3 and deciding it had too many dupes and nothing that I really wanted, I took the plunge.

I got both Cecil bursts, two of the least exciting items on the banner. I'll probably never cast either of them.

Always never pull.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

Irony.or.Death posted:

Done, thanks (and thanks to everyone else who chimed in!) for the advice.

Results for all my parade/assorted free pulls and one round on the Tera/Locke/Gilgamesh banner because I love Gilgamesh:

6*
Selene Bow (II) maria osb
Apocalypse (V) bartz osb
Gilgamesh's Guise (V) chain
Wizard Rod (IX) rydia osb
Holy Rod (IX) garnet usb
Apocalypse (X) tidus osb
Deathbringer (XII) vyne usb
Aldebarans (XIII) sazh usb
Lilith Rod Zeta (XIV) papa osb
Cocytus (XV) promtpo usb

5*
Cat-ear Cap (I)
Wild Rose (II)
Royal Sword (III)
Spirit Ring (III)
Bastard Sword (V) x2
Celes's Cloak (VI) bsb2
Asura's Rod (VI)
Kaiser Knuckles (VII)
Crescent Wish (VIII)
Red Scorpion (VIII)
Rikku's Dagger (X)
Moonglow Rod (X)
Tactician Magician's Cuffs (XI)
Dalmascan Warblade (XII)
Holy Shield (XIV)

That feels like a really high rate of 6*s for what I would expect from a gacha game

:stare:

You did real good. For future reference (and I didn't tell you this so my b), always list out SBs as "Celes BSB" instead of "Celes's Cloak" since most of us are familiar with the SBs first, then the relics.

That being said, you got a pretty incredible spread of relics here. You're certainly going to want to create a PHY Fire team, since you got Gilgachain, so try working towards that. For an initial party, try something like:

Bartz - OSB
Gil - Chain
Scott (FF2) - BSB
Reks - BSB
*Healer*

But in reality, you got a lot of really high-end relics (Vayne USB, Garnet USB, Sazh USB, Gil Chain, etc) and you can leverage them in a variety of teams. Congrats!

e: You both should join the Discord channel in the OP to discuss anything and everything. We're all happy to help :)

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005
Close call on Fellstar Ultima Weapon

With Full Break and Vaan’s BSB, the damage was very manageable; I lost Vanille with about 1/3 of its health left and still pulled it off.

Went with a radiant shield strat (thanks Tifa). It was slow but pretty painless in the end

Philouza fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Jun 29, 2018

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Cloud LMR and BSB2 (dupe)... Should probably pull again..

E: Zack CSB and BSB (dupe) yes good choice

fridge corn fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Jun 29, 2018

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Does anyone have the answers to the quiz dungeons? XIII in particular is giving me trouble as I never played that.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Avalerion posted:

Does anyone have the answers to the quiz dungeons? XIII in particular is giving me trouble as I never played that.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/8tmowu/quiz_dungeons_cheat_sheets_summer_sun_festival/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

hey everyone come to the new hangout

• Locked thread