Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Blegh, 1/11 Balthier BSB.

Game heard me begging for fire relics and a finger on the ol' monkey's paw curled up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Tendales posted:

If I just started, 50 mythril gathered so far, should I drop half my stash on this lucky draw or keep saving?

If you just started, it would probably only take you like an hour to farm enough mythril to do both.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Spica, Durandal, Barbut, Oversoul. So two OSBs, a BSB and an LM. Durandal is a dupe, but a neat one, weird magic swords are nice.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Dupe Cait Sith SSB and Fran’s hilariously specific materia, what a wet fart.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
2/11 GET REKS (Burst), and also Fang's OSB. Not bad. I could use a XII Hastega.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

3/11 - Sazh SSB (yeah right, it's the ancient Protectga+Faithga+Regen one that's only useful for the odd CM combo with other native/better buffs), Vincent BSB (dupe), Fang BSB1. Could be better, could be worse. At least the Vincent BSB dupe has bracer stats of +everything and also +fire.

Oryp
Jun 5, 2004

I was excited to see 3/11:

Tifa LMR
Dupe Ashe BSB (already have one max combined)
Shelke SSB

Welp. I guess at least Shelke SSB is occasionally useful?

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Lots of damage is usually good!

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
1/11

A trash Ashe SSB.

I will never have good 12 synergy.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Yuffie BSB (neat!), Hope BSB (neat!), Vincent LMR (meh). Getting the Alexander summon and the Leviathan summon on the same pull is a nice match, thematically.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

This is the first lucky I might not pull on. I'd rather take another stab at FFTA-1. I think I'd only be pulling on a few relics in a giant pool:

Raines BSB
Cloud USB
Zack CSB
Nothing else?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Dupe Fran SSB and Tifa SSB. The former is Full Break with more damage, the latter is Meteor Crush with more damage. Probably the worst lucky draw I've ever done.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
1/11, Raines SSB.

At least Raines has 10 more MAG. I don't think I'd ever use it, Imperil Holy or not.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

2/11 Zack's chain and Sephy's non-Octoslash BSB, whatever it's called. Not bad, that's my first chain option.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

I got 1/11 with Serah's en-ice BSB1! Sweet, ice stuff is hard to come by. Then I checked the multipliers against Rinoa's BSB2 (my other ice BSB) and uh. Uh. Yeah. I should've just not pulled. I guess it'll be useful for Cid's missions. It's not SIGNIFICANTLY worse, but since I also have two ice USBs, it just doesn't have a spot in an ice team for me.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Bruceski posted:

2/11 Zack's chain and Sephy's non-Octoslash BSB, whatever it's called. Not bad, that's my first chain option.

Congrats, now you can RW Cloud's USB and completely trivialize like 90% of the jump start missions if you have anybody with wind BSBs.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Congrats, now you can RW Cloud's USB and completely trivialize like 90% of the jump start missions if you have anybody with wind BSBs.

Bartz's time to shine.

Edit: does using the chain a second time reset it?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Bruceski posted:

Bartz's time to shine.

yes it does

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I got super hype when I saw 5/11

...but less hype when 4 were dupes. :(

Nanaki LMR was the new one. Good thing he's 99 with a few other SBs. Too bad I never use him. :/

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
1/11 Vincent LMR. Aaand its garbage. At least I have two ssbs for him but still this effect sucks lol.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Kawalimus posted:

1/11 Vincent LMR. Aaand its garbage. At least I have two ssbs for him but still this effect sucks lol.
the doublecast fire sucks?

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Bruceski posted:

Bartz's time to shine.

Sadly yes, that's why I was kinda happy I pulled Zack's hastega SSB a while back, it means I can drop OK for another DPS character on Jump Starts and rip them up even faster.

Zack's ability pool kinda sucks but at least he can powerchain, or use the 3* wind spellblade to +1 the wind chain. He tends to be dead weight for me after he gets his hastega and chain off, though.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
2/11 Tifa LMR and Barret penta-break SSB

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis

Nihilarian posted:

that's what I'm saying... I would've loved this as a 1/11 since I have everything else for him

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Sadly yes, that's why I was kinda happy I pulled Zack's hastega SSB a while back, it means I can drop OK for another DPS character on Jump Starts and rip them up even faster.

Zack's ability pool kinda sucks but at least he can powerchain, or use the 3* wind spellblade to +1 the wind chain. He tends to be dead weight for me after he gets his hastega and chain off, though.
might be worth it to craft Wind Slash for him instead; it's cheap and will build chain faster. Bit weaker but it'll probably cap anyway? Or you can forget the chain and just Powerchain/Full Charge

Also Celerity will be getting a new 5* wind ability at some point which is basically perfect for him

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
1/11 barret ssb1. Never pull.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
5/11 :toot:

Cloud OSB (dupe), Sephiroth BSB1, Sephiroth LMR, Vaan LMR, Serah SSB1 (the AoE Slow)

Lots of relics, but nothing amazing. I have Vaan BSB, but with quickcast on the commands and the longer default duration on Mug Bloodlust, it's not the most useful effect.

Don't have anything else for Sephiroth either except his Sap SSB, but it's a pretty nice LMR once I have some physical Darkness skills honed better. DEF piercing on that BSB isn't bad either for non-elemental damage for omni-resisting bosses.

Serah's SSB1 sucks, but an AoE Slow is useful every once in a while, at least.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Looking at the pulls here, probably one of the worst lucky pulls I seen in the SA threads since I started. Gonna have to get more stingy about these I guess.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Yeah this draw has a shitload of misses, and usually I don't mind misses because hey 25 myth pull. FFTA staring at me, mocking me, makes this LD go from "eh sure" to a probably no.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

only been playing for like 3 weeks, so ya know what, im fine with this

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Got dupe cloud OSB and gabranth USB so not bad for a lucky draw I guess

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Both new. As I often say: Always pull.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
3/11: Basch's BSB, Cait Sith's crit SSB, and my third copy of Reks's Diamond Shield. I'm doing at least two pulls on the upcoming FF12 banner for the husband effect, and I'm going to absolutely poo poo if I pull more Reks relics.

Basch's cmd1 actually sounds like it might be really good on a holy team, if one level of imperil is enough to activate 5x hits. Pity he doesn't have some broken LM to pair with that.

Baku fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Dec 6, 2017

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

wizard on a water slide posted:

3/11: Basch's BSB, Cait Sith's crit SSB, and my third copy of Reks's Diamond Shield. I'm doing at least two pulls on the upcoming FF12 banner for the husband effect, and I'm going to absolutely poo poo if I pull more Reks relics.

Basch's cmd1 actually sounds like it might be really good on a holy team, if one level of imperil is enough to activate 5x hits. Pity he doesn't have some broken LM to pair with that.

Any amount of weakness (even a half-imperil 10% weakness from various LM and machinist ability effects) trigger the "more x when hitting weakness" criteria.

Edit: assuming they started neutral. You have to stack enough imperils to get them at least slightly weak to the element if they resist it by default.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

The Newcomer Realms (7, 10, 13) are generally the swingiest of the realms even in normal Lucky Draws, since they have the Early Adopter Syndrome where you have the ancient dinosaurs, the very first relics of any given tier. (FF8 gets honorable mention for being in this group, too.)

The very first relics of any given tier are poo poo trash.

This Dungeon Update has two of those realms. It's got some real high highs (Cloud/Reno/Vaan/Lightning USBs, Raines/Larsa/Vanille BSB) but it's also got some of the worst lows possible (Cloud/Lightning's first SSBs and BSBs, the very first of their kinds ever, power creeped into worthlessness. Cloud's LMR. Hell, most of the SSBs this time.)

EDIT: Speaking of which: 2/11! Overture (Lightning's crud BSB1) and Shotgun (Vincent's :flaccid: faithga). :confuoot:

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

I ended up with Vanille USB which is nice since I have her full dived and have her BSB. This makes her about on par with Iris BSB+LMR which has been my main healer lately. I also got a dupe Barret BSB which won't see any use.

Other things I got done is my first magicite dungeon (sea lion) and I even sub 60'd it. I used an entrust strategy with Edea BSB as my main DPS. I forget to screenshot stuff but it felt good.

The game's been good to me even amongst the trash relics I get. poo poo river's been having lots of golden nuggets floating around.

Randabis fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Dec 6, 2017

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

wizard on a water slide posted:

Basch's CMD1 is a bit more lackluster now that we have 4-hit Guardbringers, but otherwise it'll probably still edge out Saint/Divine Cross if you're capping.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

KataraniSword posted:

The very first relics of any given tier are poo poo trash.

Man, going back and looking... Hidden Bloom and Guardian Mog (Aerith and Eiko USBs) are evergreen since they're instant-cast medicas (and because Eiko has two really strong buffs to go with), but even the original USBs are kind of lacking compared to later ones, aren't they?

Aside from those two, you started with Tyro USB (Astra is nice, HP Stock is good but doesn't replace a medica, and Hastega is Hastega, but who uses this over Wall if they have it), Faris USB (convergent/AoE pentabreak + autostun in a meta where neither status effects nor debuffs are valued like, at all), and Vanille USB (Proshellga + Astra + Stock, only really comes into play at the beginning of fights or as a RW).

It wasn't until Ramza USB hit the scene that they started to be really Hot poo poo On Toast as opposed to just "better SSBs".

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

FutureFriend posted:

only been playing for like 3 weeks, so ya know what, im fine with this

Vanille BSB is still a very nice BSB, doubly so when you're starting out. Enjoy your instant "oh poo poo" panic healing button.

So anyway, I put this off until the last day but hey it got done

(lol game didn't bother loading all the background crystals)

I got blown away by Squall the first time I tried, but turns out that bringing double healer was the key, especially since Tidus CSB + Buttz USB with Engulfing Quadstrikes was enough to rush him down. Adel was definitely scarier in retrospect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Nihilarian posted:

Actually I guess its not all that bad since I forgot one of his ssbs does indeed have en-fire

• Locked thread