Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16K1Zryyxrh7vdKVF1f7eRrUAOC5wuzvC3q2gFLch6LQ/edit#gid=938172420

(in the op)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Does element boosting equipment stack?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

fridge corn posted:

Does element boosting equipment stack?

yes.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Yes, additively, so two pieces means 1.4x damage. They also stack additively with enelements, so two pieces and an enelement is 1.9x damage for abilities or 2.2x damage for SBs.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I did okay, I guess!

Healer lucky: Skipped
BSB Lucky: Abel Lance #3, Matoya’s Broom
6* Lucky: Durandal #3, Cocytus (Prompto USB), Force Stealer(Paine USB)
Fest banner #1: Dollar pull crap
Fest banner #2: Aegis Shield (Ingus BSB, only dupe I believe I had on this banner so I was going to pull this no matter what!), Sleipnir’s Tail(Rydia BSB)
Fest Banner #3: Dollar Pull Mutsunokami (Edge EnWater BSB)
Fest Banner #4: Skipped
Fest Banner #5: Skipped

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005

Ah right, thanks.

Didn't realize OK's dive gets him dualcast black and celerity, that's pretty awesome. Even if I whiff on either USB, seems like a no-brainer dive with his burst. I assume we get access to that next week?

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Yeah the Onion God Banner cannot be more hyped, whether or not you're down with it he becomes the premier Swiss army Onion and is top S rank in any kind of team with his dives and USBs

PS the banner has :siren: NO SSBs :siren:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Beasteh posted:

Yeah this is a big one.

Personally I'm torn between pulling on this one or saving up for the Dragonsong War. As an XIV player I feel obligated to pull for Haurchefaunt and Ysayle.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Healer lucky: Aphmau USB, Chaos Rod number infinity plus one, Artemis Bow
BSB lucky: Orlandeau cloak and Yshtola circlet, both dupes
6* lucky: Zack chain, Marche USB, Marach USB
Fest 1: Refia BSB/11
Fest 2: Galuf LMR/11
Fest 3: skipped
Fest 4: Kain CSB, Rinoa CSB, Lightning BSB2, Abels Lancex2
Fest 5: Seymour CSB, Marche armor dupe

all in all my fest pulls involved three 1/11, a 2/11 and a 4/11 with two dupes on it, but those fest pulls got me Kains chain, Rinoas chain and Seymours chain, which along with Zack chain from the 6* lucky means all i am missing are fire, earth, and holy chains at this point. i could try and grind a bunch of dungeons to draw on the holy/dark banner again to hope for some dark stuff but i have a decent amount of dupes and i guess the mithril should go to FF3.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

Yeah this is a big one.

Personally I'm torn between pulling on this one or saving up for the Dragonsong War. As an XIV player I feel obligated to pull for Haurchefaunt and Ysayle.

Oh snap, didn't realize were getting that much XIV love. I already have Vessel of Fate so I can probably safely skip the OK banner.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

DizzyBum posted:

Oh snap, didn't realize were getting that much XIV love. I already have Vessel of Fate so I can probably safely skip the OK banner.

and he forgot to mention estinein coming in that same event too

definitely gonna grab all the dungeon myth i've been neglecting for the xiv banners

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Beasteh posted:

Yeah the Onion God Banner cannot be more hyped, whether or not you're down with it he becomes the premier Swiss army Onion and is top S rank in any kind of team with his dives and USBs

Adding to this, 3/4 LMRs are actually pretty good even if you don't have relics for the characters.

I was planning on 1 pull on VI, but I may hold off until OK banner and see how it turns out. If I somehow luck out quick, I go back for Terra relics.

lexxyth
Jan 21, 2015
So i am unable to run this game on neither phone (lg k10 2017), bluestacks ot memu. Getting "Unfortunately, FFRK has stopped"
- checked all the permissions
- tried with a different google accout, just in case
- clearing cache, reinstalling, moving to sd does not help
- tried from play store and separate apk
- latest updates on the phone
- tried an old apk 5.3 on both phone and emulators
- webviewer not installed

It used to work on the phone last summer, when i played it for a bit. Reddit threada seems to be fixed with either allowing permissions or stopping the webviewer.

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis
I just tried messing with Nox the other day and got that same error message, but it worked fine when I opened it again.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Well then since you all convinced me to save for onion dude, that makes my final haul from the fest: Tidus chain & burst, Edge burst, Khimari ultra, Fujin burst, Zack burst and Alpiwhatever burst. And before that from the luckies I got Relm super and ultra, Aeris Burst - Gaffgarion burst - Lion Ultra, Porom burst & Cecil overstrike.

Bummer about no Cloud ubs... :( Tidus is kind of saving it though, he's been tearing stuff up and Edge tends to finish of whatever Tidus doesn't for now.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

lexxyth posted:

So i am unable to run this game on neither phone (lg k10 2017), bluestacks ot memu. Getting "Unfortunately, FFRK has stopped"
- checked all the permissions
- tried with a different google accout, just in case
- clearing cache, reinstalling, moving to sd does not help
- tried from play store and separate apk
- latest updates on the phone
- tried an old apk 5.3 on both phone and emulators
- webviewer not installed

It used to work on the phone last summer, when i played it for a bit. Reddit threada seems to be fixed with either allowing permissions or stopping the webviewer.

I got that a few weeks ago. I reinstalled memu and it worked fine. Although I could still run it on my phone, so it sounds like you have a different issue.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
i want refias lmr but I hate Onion Idiot what do I do

Stirdog
Oct 11, 2012

MotU posted:

Embrace the meta and use who is the most OP.

lexxyth
Jan 21, 2015

Fister Roboto posted:

I got that a few weeks ago. I reinstalled memu and it worked fine. Although I could still run it on my phone, so it sounds like you have a different issue.

This is a fresh install of memu, just to see if it was a bluestacks issue.

Parasol Waddle Dee
Oct 30, 2012

Waddle waddle.

MotU posted:

-If- you're willing to go down that road, I think Refia's LMR will be available for selection on the gem-only pulls that were mined on the last update. If not, you'll have to roll the dice on that banner, since her LMR has no guaranteed foreseeable return as of now.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

After spending 350 mithril on the first 4 banners and getting zero 6 stars I decided to do a dollar pull on banner 5 and got the WoL chain. Very nice! What I really wanted from the banner was the Seymour stuff and the Ramza BSB but now that everything else on the banner is either dupes or junk it would be pretty stupid to pull. I'll probably have 100 mithril each for OK and TGCid (which has the Ramza bsb I think).

My final pulls were

Fire
Yda BSB (dupe)
Yda BSB (dupe, dupe)
Yda BSB (dupe, dupe, dupe)
Vivi BSB, Braska BSB, Papas Fritas BSB, Locke LMR

Earth
Skip

Wind/Water
Yuffie BSB

Lightning/Ice
Shelke BSB
Lenna BSB

Holy/Dark
WoL Chain on a dollar pull

Pretty freakin' dismal except for that one fire pull and the WoL chain dollar pull, I must say.

Parasol Waddle Dee
Oct 30, 2012

Waddle waddle.

BGrifter posted:

So now that the Fest is over I'm feeling like I shored up my Ice weakness nicely. Rinoa Chain/BSB and Squall got his LM to go with his BSB2 from last fest. Should be great once I dive Squall. Now my weakest element is Lightning, for which I have Lightning USB/BSB and not much else.

Nothing really jumps out to me as a solution now that the Kain Chain is gone. FFIX banner two for Garnet stuff might be something I guess? Otherwise I guess I can wait for the 3rd Anniversary Fest in three months. But banner 2 is riddled with Squall dupes, more stuff for Lightning and another shot at Kain Chain.

What is everyone else running for lightning teams? There doesn't seem to be a ton of obvious standouts aside from "Lightning and her stuff is good".

For a while, I've been running Ashe with BSB and LD, Rapha with BSB+USB+LD and Desch BSB for my magical offense, while USB+LD Lightning runs my physical side. I recently landed Garnet's USB+LMR and Desch's USB, which might warrant some rethinking at least on Rapha's side. Ashe USB is top tier, of course, but if you don't have that... she's very functional with just BSB+LD, since her BSB isn't enspell-taxed and neither are her commands - the self-heal on CMD1 gives it at least a -point- over Chain Thundaga even if the multiplier is a bit lower.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Parasol Waddle Dee posted:

For a while, I've been running Ashe with BSB and LD

Yeah Ashe definitely seems like the way I’d like to go if the relics fall that way. I’d rather hold on to my mythril till OK banner than pull on the current XII, but the next XII banner with Ashe and Larsa stuff looks perfect. I’ll definitely throw that banner a pull or two.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Ashe's BSB is showing its age a little bit but with her dive it's still a monster. It's not too hard to cap her CM1 even against Bismarck's crazy res stat, and doublecasting it is just brutal.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Parasol Waddle Dee posted:

-If- you're willing to go down that road, I think Refia's LMR will be available for selection on the gem-only pulls that were mined on the last update. If not, you'll have to roll the dice on that banner, since her LMR has no guaranteed foreseeable return as of now.

im a big gem man so if its selectable then thats good

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Did the LMR selector banner get datamined on the global client? I might actually grab an iTunes card to be able to select Bartz LMR.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i feel like i got insanely lucky on all of my pulls and i just had fun blasting that 180 demon wall dude in the ff12 event with marche giving everyone quickcast and agrias being agrias

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Healer Lucky: pass
BSB Lucky: pass
6* Lucky: Yda USB Zidane USB
Banner 1: went hard for Krile, got everything except Locke LMR/Scott BSB
Banner 2: pass
Banner 3: pass
Banner 4: 100 gem Yuffie LMR
Banner 5: pass
Bra*Bra 3: 100 gem Desch USB

Other notable 100 gem pulls recently: Laguna USB, Seph USB

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Got OK OSB(dupe), Aeris USB, and Ashe USB from 6* lucky. Skipped the other two. Got Rydia BSB from dollar draw on banner 2. No draws elsewhere. My least active fest ever!

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
My fest was all disappointing. 200 Mythril sunk into Banner 4 and did get some nice stuff, but no Cloud USB or Zack Chain which I was hoping for. Lots of dupes too. I do have BSBs for Yuffie and Edge now, and can't decide which dualcast Ninja I want to go after first (Yuffie with BSB2 and LMR for general use, or Edge with BSB and SSB for better water DPS)

BGrifter posted:

Did the LMR selector banner get datamined on the global client? I might actually grab an iTunes card to be able to select Bartz LMR.

I believe the banner header was datamined and translated, but no other details including date and contents. So there's a decent chance we'll be seeing it, but no guarantee yet.

edit: Found it.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

So with the new bard abilities, what's the mystic bard thing?

I tried google and it pulled up a mechanic where the buff renews and gets stronger when you use it more times, is that it? Is there a good/best use for it?

I figure with Edward now fairly stable in my party I should figure that out.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Each stack is +10% ATK or MAG up to +50%. I think they each have a unique buff ID so they'll stack with anything, but don't quote me on that.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Fister Roboto posted:

Each stack is +10% ATK or MAG up to +50%. I think they each have a unique buff ID so they'll stack with anything, but don't quote me on that.

Well that's pretty sweet. Seems like a somewhat heavy investment on orbs but if I plan on really only using him for mage teams then I can get the mag boosting one only.

Parasol Waddle Dee
Oct 30, 2012

Waddle waddle.

Combo posted:

Well that's pretty sweet. Seems like a somewhat heavy investment on orbs but if I plan on really only using him for mage teams then I can get the mag boosting one only.

I'm running Edward myself against Fenrir for Major Wind farming runs and a Rank 2 Mage's Hymn+Rank 1 Allegro con Motto combo has been serving me pretty well. My cycle: opening with USB => Allegro => stack two Mage Hymns => Allegro again => two more stacks, possibly refreshing the USB in-between for quickcasting stacks if the gauge allows or maybe casting a Magicite in case of a dead turn. I don't think I've ever run out of Mage Hymns during my runs. For something more durable, like 4* Magicite, Rank 3 sounds more desirable, but for current content, Rank 2 is reasonably safe. Mage's Hymn definitely feels like the priority to hone between the two, since mages benefit a lot more from stacking than physical fighters.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

5 major dark orbs in a single daily stage, that's the good stuff.

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
Healer: Skipped
BSB: Potatolymo.
6*: Rapha USB
Banner1/2: Skip.
Banner 3: 3/11 Cloud USB, Tidus BSB2, Alphinaud BSB (dupe).
Banner 4/5: skip.

Potato immediately got full-dove, Rapha was already full dove, Cloud Reta Meta is goddamn hilarious, and Tidus BSB2 is fun with his en-water LMR. No complaints.

Now to save up for Sabin/Matoya USB fun.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

lexxyth posted:

This is a fresh install of memu, just to see if it was a bluestacks issue.

I installed a previous version of memu and it started working again.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

The ones I did roll on:

5* BSB: Josef? It's Ice at least

6* Only: Alphinaud USB (looks good) Yuffie USB (Does not look good)

Earth Banner: Ursula BSB, Gladio BSB, Galuf USB. Overall was happy with this, Hydra is difficult for me and I think I can handle him now (will try after events)

Wind/Water Banner: Cloud USB, Kimahri USB. Extremely happy I got Cloud USB but I ran out of mythril and spent gems on this which I really hate doing. Cloud USB/BSB2 combo did open up a lot of options to me though. Kimahri USB isn't actually bad at all, it's just on Kimahri.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

Fister Roboto posted:

I just checked! They are in fact different IDs!

That's actually super cool and now I'm reconsidering them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Eesh, Belias 300 is the first Torment in a while (since I started being able to beat em at all) that I've been having trouble with. There's just so much HP to get through for everything that I run out of steam when Belias is only halfway down.

• Locked thread