Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Kawalimus posted:

Actually I guess its not all that bad since I forgot one of his ssbs does indeed have en-fire

Any doublecast is good, with enfire or not. That means you have a 25% chance of doubling your meltdowns, or chain firagas, or................ifrits :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Oh, its 25%? Well thats not bad then. I thought "small" would mean like 10%

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Its not crazy but a enfired Vincent doublecasting chain firaga 25% of the time sounds all right.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.

Looks like Shadow Dragon serves me, fiend.

Poor Edge had to cut through so much fat with his USB because they resist water. Porom and Golbez have BSBs, the other two have nothing.

Maybe I should plan an IV realm pull to get a fourth character with a relic.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

KataraniSword posted:

Man, going back and looking... Hidden Bloom and Guardian Mog (Aerith and Eiko USBs) are evergreen since they're instant-cast medicas (and because Eiko has two really strong buffs to go with), but even the original USBs are kind of lacking compared to later ones, aren't they?

Aside from those two, you started with Tyro USB (Astra is nice, HP Stock is good but doesn't replace a medica, and Hastega is Hastega, but who uses this over Wall if they have it), Faris USB (convergent/AoE pentabreak + autostun in a meta where neither status effects nor debuffs are valued like, at all), and Vanille USB (Proshellga + Astra + Stock, only really comes into play at the beginning of fights or as a RW).

It wasn't until Ramza USB hit the scene that they started to be really Hot poo poo On Toast as opposed to just "better SSBs".

Just pointing out that Aerith USB isn't instant, either. So it's basically just AoE Curada with a usually useless Shell effect (since by the time you need to use it 90% of the time you'll have Shell up already anyway).

Tyro USB has its own merits, especially as Wall RW becomes more and more forced; Wrathable Astra is never a bad thing. Vanille's isn't amazing, but it does its job fine as a 'Dr Mog set-up starter' if you're using say, Fabula Raider/Ramza BSB as a RW.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

ApplesandOranges posted:

Just pointing out that Aerith USB isn't instant, either.

It is instant.

Went 3/11 on the lucky draw. Cloud USB, Vaan bsb, and Nabaat ssb; all non-dupes. Great pull, would do again.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Not a huge amount of FFRK news from the Livestream this time, being largely devoted to the coming Record Dungeons.

We do know there are new 6* abilities in the pipeline (but not what they are), so prepare your crystals.
Early next year will be another Dissidia collaboration with new wardrobe records.
Starting Dec. 28th, there will be Extreme Fest banners with some new CSBs debuting. (If we're counting missing niches, there's no Magic versions of Water, Holy, or Earth yet. Also the mythical Poison and Non-Elemental chains.)
Leading up will be lucky draws for En-element relics, OSBs, and USBs. There's also going to be two Renewal Relic banners for "important relics" that have defined FFRK meta to this point, so I'd expect a lot of good stuff on them.
Will also be an orbfest, though this one's going to need you to acquire tickets in-game to be able to run the orbfest dungeons.
A Boundless Zeromus EG fight coming.

10 mythril for Christmas, up to 52 mythril in a New Year's gift dungeon, a Boss dungeon, a Quiz Dungeon, a Music Record dungeon- QoL change added at the same time where you can select the music for the party set-up screen.

As far as Record Dungeon stuff goes, FFX's intro movie got pixelated,

and there are some more FFRK characters to be introduced (the two on the right are FFRK Biggs and Wedge).

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Hogama posted:

Not a huge amount of FFRK news from the Livestream this time, being largely devoted to the coming Record Dungeons.

We do know there are new 6* abilities in the pipeline (but not what they are), so prepare your crystals.
Early next year will be another Dissidia collaboration with new wardrobe records.
Starting Dec. 28th, there will be Extreme Fest banners with some new CSBs debuting. (If we're counting missing niches, there's no Magic versions of Water, Holy, or Earth yet. Also the mythical Poison and Non-Elemental chains.)
Leading up will be lucky draws for En-element relics, OSBs, and USBs. There's also going to be two Renewal Relic banners for "important relics" that have defined FFRK meta to this point, so I'd expect a lot of good stuff on them.
Will also be an orbfest, though this one's going to need you to acquire tickets in-game to be able to run the orbfest dungeons.
A Boundless Zeromus EG fight coming.

10 mythril for Christmas, up to 52 mythril in a New Year's gift dungeon, a Boss dungeon, a Quiz Dungeon, a Music Record dungeon- QoL change added at the same time where you can select the music for the party set-up screen.

As far as Record Dungeon stuff goes, FFX's intro movie got pixelated,

and there are some more FFRK characters to be introduced (the two on the right are FFRK Biggs and Wedge).

Cool stuff, but just to be sure, all that December stuff is for JP only right?

I have mixed feelings about the renewal banners. Probably great banners, but also probably dupe city for any regular players but I guess you never know. Now if it were a renewal selection banner, that'd be something else.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

Hogama posted:

you can select the music for the party set-up screen.

I want it all and I want it now.

Pretty fed up with Hey Cid at this point.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

iamsosmrt posted:

Cool stuff, but just to be sure, all that December stuff is for JP only right?
As far as we know, yeah.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Is that... Namingway?!?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

ApplesandOranges posted:

Just pointing out that Aerith USB isn't instant, either. So it's basically just AoE Curada with a usually useless Shell effect (since by the time you need to use it 90% of the time you'll have Shell up already anyway).

It totally is instant actually. It's why it's still really good despite the tacked on Shellga. Even then it's still perfect for jumpstart fights because you'll likely need a quick party heal at the start of those fights before you get your other mitigation going so it effectively saves you a slot for Shellga. Not the most amazing of medica USBs out there (hi Minwu) but there's really no bad medica USB to get your hands on.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
No regrets on Legend Diving Vivi. I replaced Fujin with Vivi on my Golem team and if RNG is good he does WAY more damage than Fujin ever did. Double cast Meltdown is amazing.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

how much mithril are we gonna need to have saved up to pull on all of the upcoming special banners

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

No regrets on Legend Diving Vivi. I replaced Fujin with Vivi on my Golem team and if RNG is good he does WAY more damage than Fujin ever did. Double cast Meltdown is amazing.

Did you do it without relics? Just curious, what's your damage per hit with meltdown on the various magicite? I'm considering going down that road, but not entirely sure I want to yet.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
went 4/11 on banner

Fang BSB2: ok not bad
Cid BSB: well ok
Vayne OSB: alrighty then
Cloud USB (dupe): sorry everyone who doesn't have one

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

2/11
Reno USB
Aerith BSB

Up to now I had been using Iris' BSB for medica, is Aerith's better? Iris has weak initial medica, 30% barrier and 1 magic avoid, then single heal or weak group heal, but Aerith has large group heal for medica, instant single heal and single target attack/resist buff with regen.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Cattail Prophet posted:

Is that... Namingway?!?

It sure is. He appears in the profile screen where you can change your nickname.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Daynab posted:

2/11
Reno USB
Aerith BSB

Up to now I had been using Iris' BSB for medica, is Aerith's better? Iris has weak initial medica, 30% barrier and 1 magic avoid, then single heal or weak group heal, but Aerith has large group heal for medica, instant single heal and single target attack/resist buff with regen.

I’m pretty sure Iris’s medica is the same strength as Aerith’s, but even if it’s weaker, the commands are better. Aerith’s will still do work, especially in CMs, but I can’t see replacing Iris with it unless you want an excuse to bench her.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Aerith's BSB2 might be better for specific content, but Iris BSB is fantastic anywhere. Stick with Iris unless you're against a dark heavy boss, basically

Edit: also Iris BSB is status blink, not magic blink iirc

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

iamsosmrt posted:

Did you do it without relics? Just curious, what's your damage per hit with meltdown on the various magicite? I'm considering going down that road, but not entirely sure I want to yet.

I have his LMR and BSB but I only use the LMR.

With trance and 2 mag buffs and LMR buff he does about 8500 per hit of Meltdown. That's with max mag gear and Devotion RM. I'm not sure if Attunement 2 would be better for his RM or not. I don't think I'm hitting the mag cap but I haven't done the math yet.

I haven't optimized the team or the run yet. My most reliable way of triggering trance is to just have Edge put up Last Stand and refuse to heal Vivi.

If I get good RNG early in the fight and Golem damage triggers trance it's really fast.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

yeah iris bsb definitely has astra on it, when i am feeling lazy and dont need my healer doing a specific thing i just bring her since you just toss it up and command 2 and dont have to think about it

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

With trance and 2 mag buffs and LMR buff he does about 8500 per hit of Meltdown. That's with max mag gear and Devotion RM. I'm not sure if Attunement 2 would be better for his RM or not. I don't think I'm hitting the mag cap but I haven't done the math yet.

I haven't optimized the team or the run yet. My most reliable way of triggering trance is to just have Edge put up Last Stand and refuse to heal Vivi.

If I get good RNG early in the fight and Golem damage triggers trance it's really fast.

Cool thanks. I have nothing for him, but it might still be worth my while. He's on my bubble now, along with Shelke, but I'm probably just going to try Shelke first, see how much it improves my runs then Vivi after.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Here's the Record Dungeon preview segment of the Livestream, if you're interested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPSikNdst4Y

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

iamsosmrt posted:

Cool thanks. I have nothing for him, but it might still be worth my while. He's on my bubble now, along with Shelke, but I'm probably just going to try Shelke first, see how much it improves my runs then Vivi after.

Who the gently caress is Shelke?

Seriously though she's one of my next 3 physical LDs. Bartz is probably next although I'm not looking forward to honing all those spellblade abilities.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Re: Iris
CMD 1 is generally better to use especially if you have her LMR. I use her for about 80% of the game's content at this point with Vanille Rosa and Eiko as pinch hitters. I have other healers with various relics but they really on get used if I'm trying a Cid's mission.

She shits out heals fast with TG mode on which helps get her going faster since she doesn't have wrath. Honestly it's getting hard for me to juggle commands with wrath healers like Rosa on harder fights and survive better with my healers that can dualcast

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Cool, thanks for the advice :) I'll keep Iris for now. My Aerith isn't leveled much anyway yet.

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005
Lucky Draw went 1/11 getting Reno's en-lightning LMR, for whom I have no relics.

Good news is I stumbled upon a sub-30 Golem method. The party if anyone's interested:

Fujin - Faith on Alph, ninja magic until BSB
Shadow - RW, ninja magic, trigger Enkidu when needed.
Alph - Protect, BSB
Vanille - Shell, heal
Cid - MM, BSB, Meltdown

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Philouza posted:

Lucky Draw went 1/11 getting Reno's en-lightning LMR, for whom I have no relics.

Good news is I stumbled upon a sub-30 Golem method. The party if anyone's interested:

Alph - Protect, BSB
Vanille - Shell, heal
Cid - MM, BSB, Meltdown

Good stuff. You mind sharing the hone levels and legend dives?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Yay, new thread!

Lucky Draw 1/11 - Ashe OSB! :downs:

I'm having a grand ol' time catching up on realms right now. I'm about to get Garland to 99, my first! He's going to enjoy that +dark damage RM for his CSB.

I wish I'd gotten one of Jecht's good blitzballs from the FFX banners. He's one of my favorite characters and would have gotten some synergy with Garland.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

iamsosmrt posted:

legend dives are the ones with the legend materia equipped :eng101:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Philouza posted:

Alph - Protect, BSB
Vanille - Shell, heal
Cid - MM, BSB, Meltdown

I don't see a Hastega here. :confused:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Elephant Ambush posted:

I don't think it maths out to better overall DPS but you could always level Core Magus for the doublecast black RM giving you a chance of triple casting Meltdown during Vivi's trance.

And if you ever luck into his USB having that + trance mode active with the doublecast RM gives you a small chance at quadcasting.

Vivi has no chill.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

Elarra Raider is the hastega for sub 30 runs unless you have some busted relic that deals so outrageous amounts of damage fast that you can use wall.

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005

iamsosmrt posted:

Fujin: 6 for Gust, 4 for Faith (only need 1). If Enkidu landed the res-down attack, then I'd stick with CMD1 after launching the BSB. Otherwise CMD2 helps a little bit.
Shadow: Full dive, 6 each for Raging Storm and Smoldering Fire. I knew that he'd run out of wind casts so I figured another magic ninja attack would help a bit. Fire was hitting for around 2300x2
Alph: Cast Protect once, didn't use Tiamat.
Vanille: Full dive, 6 each for Shell and Curada
Cid: Full dive, 6 each for Meltdown and MM (used once).

Magicites were mostly offensive:
LVL99 Enkidu
LVL80 Wendigo
LVL99 Wind Raptor
LVL65 Enkidu
LVL 65 Golem
Can't remember exactly how the math works but for +Wind I have 10, 10 and 7 (so +16 or +17?), +Magic 10, 10, 5 (+16) and a little fast casting thanks for Wind Raptor.

RW was the haste/boost one.

Shadow double-casted Raging Storm 3 times I think, ended up just over 27 seconds. I didn't feel I was too lucky with disrupt and Vanille double casts so I think this isn't too reliant on RNG.

+Wind weapon for Fujin, luckily I had +Wind armor for Fujin, Shadow and Alph. In fact it'd probably be better to switch that +Wind armor from Shadow to Cid since he was 9999 every time.

Philouza fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Dec 6, 2017

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Philouza posted:

Alph - Protect, BSB
Vanille - Shell, heal
Cid - MM, BSB, Meltdown

Thanks for this! I could replicate it entirely. I even screwed up and had Alph cast his SSB near the end instead of recasting his BSB, and had Raines cast memento mori again instead of another meltdown, and still got it. As as suggestion, you might put the TGC RM3 on Vanille instead of Shadow and have her cast the RW. I gave Shadow Edge's 99 RM for ninja damage up, and he was hitting for 9999 with the 4* sleep magic ninja ability.

Edit: And if anyone was considering playing in JP, now seems like a good time to start. They're beginning the "happy draws" of 1 G5 3-pull for 5 mythril for each realm (combining XV, T-0, and FFT), and it sounds like there's going to be a ton of great draws. Starting now would let you build up some stamina and a little stash of mythril from the realm dungeons.

Schwartzcough fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Dec 6, 2017

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

Elarra Raider is the hastega for sub 30 runs unless you have some busted relic that deals so outrageous amounts of damage fast that you can use wall.

Or unless you take so much damage without it that you absolutely need the mitigation (Bismarck :argh:)

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
2/11...Tifa SSB and Raines SSB :smith:

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Philouza posted:

Fujin: 6 for Gust, 4 for Faith (only need 1). If Enkidu landed the res-down attack, then I'd stick with CMD1 after launching the BSB. Otherwise CMD2 helps a little bit.
Shadow: Full dive, 6 each for Raging Storm and Smoldering Fire. I knew that he'd run out of wind casts so I figured another magic ninja attack would help a bit. Fire was hitting for around 2300x2
Alph: Cast Protect once, didn't use Tiamat.
Vanille: Full dive, 6 each for Shell and Curada
Cid: Full dive, 6 each for Meltdown and MM (used once).

Magicites were mostly offensive:
LVL99 Enkidu
LVL80 Wendigo
LVL99 Wind Raptor
LVL65 Enkidu
LVL 65 Golem
Can't remember exactly how the math works but for +Wind I have 10, 10 and 7 (so +16 or +17?), +Magic 10, 10, 5 (+16) and a little fast casting thanks for Wind Raptor.

RW was the haste/boost one.

Shadow double-casted Raging Storm 3 times I think, ended up just over 27 seconds. I didn't feel I was too lucky with disrupt and Vanille double casts so I think this isn't too reliant on RNG.

+Wind weapon for Fujin, luckily I had +Wind armor for Fujin, Shadow and Alph. In fact it'd probably be better to switch that +Wind armor from Shadow to Cid since he was 9999 every time.

Thanks, I appreciate the post, despite my brainfarting on seeing the LDs! I might be able to do something like this,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005

Schwartzcough posted:

Thanks for this! I could replicate it entirely. I even screwed up and had Alph cast his SSB near the end instead of recasting his BSB, and had Raines cast memento mori again instead of another meltdown, and still got it. As as suggestion, you might put the TGC RM3 on Vanille instead of Shadow and have her cast the RW. I gave Shadow Edge's 99 RM for ninja damage up, and he was hitting for 9999 with the 4* sleep magic ninja ability.

Nice, these were both good tweaks; I had completely forgotten about Phantasm. Ran it again and got 27.1 seconds, but was never in danger of dying (Alph died first run) and Shadow had fewer double casts. This is definitely a repeatable sub-30 for me.

• Locked thread