Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
1/11

A trash Ashe SSB.

I will never have good 12 synergy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
All the USBs broke me down and I pulled. Got Aeris' USB and Eikos BSB which is cool since I have her LMR. I'd say it was worth it but at this point I e got like 7 healer BSBs so hopefully the next healer exclusive lucky is mostly USBs...

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
One pull got me Galuf's Ultra which seems awful besides another boostga, Guy's BSB, and Bartz's Chicken Knife, which was the real item I wanted. Makes me feel better about the awful pulls I ended up with on the fire banner.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Spikey posted:

Time to legend dive Bartz.

Ive got like 300 of every 4* more except vitality...I somehow only have 40 and the only fully diced character I have is cloud.

One day Butz...and OK...and Tidus...

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Nameless Pete posted:

Cloud USB/11 leaves me in the frustrating position of having enough 5* motes to dive him but not enough 4* VIT to actually get him there.

I looked at how many mote dungeon clears I'd have to do tomorrow to dive Tidus/Bartz/Raines and get Lightning 5 star spellblade and I got very sad.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Gafgarion LMR/11.

That might be my worst pull since I started playing again, rivalled only by a Genji Armor/11.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Elephant Ambush posted:

I don't trust Leaping Rush.

Can you explain to me how it's supposed to be used?

OK pUSB
Quick hit 6ish times
OK pUSB
Leaping Rush until whatever you're fighting is dead.

Note that after leaping rushes buff you only need I think 5 actions taken to max it.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Bruceski posted:

4/5/6/7 hits after 0/3/5/7 actions post-buff (currently 0/7/10/13)

So yeah, same damage as boosted Dervish at max and twice that of Quick Hit (though that goes off twice as fast), OK's doublecast celerity helps you get stacks up faster, and easier to hone than Dervish (depending on the crystals/orbs you have and what's competing for them). And if you're running OK's ninja blitz, hone stacks is gonna matter.

I went with quick hit/leaping rush because of crystal shortages, it seems okay but when compared to actual dps like cloud/bartz/Tidus its kind of lackluster and makes me think I should just load him up with utility.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Combo posted:

Never say never, I just took 7 months or so off and am back now.

Yea no kidding, I took a 14 month break.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Is there a reason the music hall doesn't have any of the music from the brabra events other than lol dena?

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Pulled twice, got Kuja's Terra's Legacy which has +dark on it, Zell's ssb (trash), Gabranth's ultra, and Quina's bsb which doubles as another water armor. Picked Lightnings LMR, not sure on the second. I've got Tidus' USB so his LMR isn't super appealing and Bartz's was already discussed. I'd grab Terra's if I had anything for her...I might grab Iris'. The only other white mage I have with double cast is Eiko and she gets hers off an LMR so it's the same as Iris', but I've got Iris' burst and it's really hard for me to drop a burst with astra and stoneskin.

But I'm going all in on the tactics banner so I'm sure I'll pull all of Alma's stuff. There's always crystal towers I suppose.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Goddamn that last Torment battle was rough. I tried a ton of configurations, even egging up Shantotto for her Chain and Desch for his BSB. Turns out the right option was to just go apeshit with Cloud and Lightning on Mateus and ignore the Ice Azers completely. Still took a couple of S/Ls.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
I pulled Platinum Sword (lol I've got an 8* Platinum and now a 6*, and I never use either), Tidus' LMR, and Noctis' sword. Pretty good considering I went in with 5 dupes. That LMR gives Tidus everything but his OSB, and Noctis' sword is at the very least interesting for magicites. After the pull I decided to finish up the magicites and was able to complete the 4 I hadn't so I was able to unlock Dark/Holy but haven't made any actual attempts on them yet. Instead I spent all day running Fenrir and still don;t have an Enkidu.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
3/33

Ramza's BSB, Gafgarion BSB, Marche BSB.

No dupes but other than Ramza's better shout these are mostly garbo. I was really hoping to pull some stuff for Alma and replace Iris as my healer but that's not happening. I can't afford another pull with the fest around the corner I don't think.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

FairGame posted:

How the hell do you all have so many 80s and 99s?

I've only been playing 2 months and have like ~20 80s and ~12 99s. Sora and Riku were easy b/c the game gave me MC3s, but it's by far been my most limiting factor.

Which is fine; I don't really have relics for anyone under level 50 so who cares?

But the people who have tons of 99s and say they haven't been playing long blow my mind. Where are the MC3s coming from?

I'm a day 1 player and I've got about the same number of 99s and 80s as you. I think the people with a ton are doing all the CMs and religiously do dailies. I basically just do events and magicite and really only level new people up if I get a great relic for them or need their RM.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Parasol Waddle Dee posted:

:20bux:

Same reason we still lack an AoE healing ability, really. Hastega is just a lot more egregious because it became more or less mandatory for tough content circa Bahamut SIN, over two years ago.

I remember the days of using Kirin for regen...and when Lenna was first released I took her everywhere because her base SB is Mass Regen. Really before the Healer BSBs healing party wide damage was pretty difficult and I probably take it for granted now what with double cast Curada's/BSBs/running someone as off heals.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
These have been universally awful:

FF5: Faris LMR
FF6: Cyan SSB
FF7: Rufus LMR
FF8: Zell SSB
FF9: Quina SSB
FF10: Braska BSB (Dupe)
FF11: Lion LMR
FF12: Vayne BSB
FF13: Lightning SSB (Dupe)
FF14: Yda USB
FFT: Mustadio BSB

I guess Faris' armor is +wind and Vayne's glove will be alright for Cid in 12 dungeons so yippee? I suppose I shouldn't complain because y'know, 5 mithril but holy gently caress am I pulling the most absolute garbage trash that in the end will be Rosetta Stone'd. Even the USB is straight trash tier since I have Refia's which is just a better version.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Randabis posted:

Galuf USB....wet fart...

I can't remember when I pulled that but yea that description is accurate. At least Onion Knight has a FF5 hammer I suppose.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
PCecil USB, Alphinaud USB (dupe), Rydia OSB, Cid BSB.

Yes that's a fine lucky pull.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Looking at these LMRs...I guess it would be between Squall's and Noctis'. I've got squalls BSB so that would cut magicite time down, for Noctis I've got his USB, OSB, and SSB so hed be another nice source of NE damage, but I've also got a mostly complete Cloud that hed be competing for Omega Drive with.

Really sucks that OK, Yuffie, and TGC's LMRs all aren't included. (Not removed, nothing got removed, everything is fine, dena loves you)

PneumonicBook fucked around with this message at 15:54 on May 23, 2018

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

They haven't removed anything. It's all relics released until a certain date and the cutoff is a bit before the OK USB event. It moves forward every time they do dream draws. Compared to the 3rd anniversary fest's dream draws we "got" for example Ramza and Tyro LMR because they added two months worth of relics to the list. Next time it will have OK & Orlandeau LMR but not Yuffie.

It's been like this every time. It will be like this every time. The new hotness will not be in a dream selection. You'll get it when it's old and cooled down.

I misspoke and had I known this wall of pedantry would have come down on me I would have replaced the words removed with doesnt include.

I mean they're all on the next fest dream selection which is what at the end of June? So whatever I'll wait a month.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

KPC_Mammon posted:

I wish I had Squall's LMR. I've found SSS spam -> AOSB with Gathering Storm better for speed clears than using his BSB against Tiamat and his LMR would make that even better. He becomes completely self sufficient, which is really nice.

Yea if I had his AOSB I'd absolutely grab it. Not sure if just his BSB is worth it though.

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

Looks like I just purchased life lessons for 500 rupees. Instead of an explanation of why the some of the selection relics are missing the correct reply was "Yeah it's loving BS dude".

I default to everyone's a dick on the internet. You're right though, it's probably good info for someone not familiar with how they limit the dream draws to past events.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Two pulls on FF6 fishing for Edgar's USB got me Lockes AOSB/LMR, Edgar's LMR, Sabin's LMR, and Celes' USB/BSB.

I cant in good conscience be angry about this, but I can pull again and then be angry.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Sesq posted:

Ya know what? I've gotten a bunch of surprise bonus mythril lately. I'm pulling on a Newcomer banner. Worst case, I'm a cautionary tale.

Edit: 1/11 Snow super. What a goddam chump I am

:lol:

Goondolences.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Indecisive posted:

So after mastering all the current record dungeons you end up with approximately 120 each of life, defense, and resist waters, and ~50 each of atk, mag, and mnd. So enough to completely level 1 max 5 people and give defensive boosts to ~7 more

What does the update schedule for the record dungeons look like?

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
How's Shadows USB? Just pulled it, I've got Yuffie legend dived but more ninjas are always good.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Indecisive posted:

wait where did you pull shadow USB from

where can I pull shadow usb from

(I hear its very good)

The dream OSB draw...I wanted Vaynes sword.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Goddamn you guys weren't kidding about Shadow. With just him and Vayne I got Mist Dragon down in 31, pretty sure I can sub 30 with lucky doublecasts.

Edit: I'm a dummy and didn't have Vayne's legend dive. Am I wrong in thinking he's not a terrible Dark character? I've got his BSB/OSB/SSB.

PneumonicBook fucked around with this message at 03:08 on May 31, 2018

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

KataraniSword posted:

He's actually freaking great since he's a proper hybrid like Reno or Vincent has become. He can run on physical or magic teams without any problem whatsoever since all his SBs scale to whatever stat is higher.

He's better with his USB but even with just his BSB and nothing else I don't regret diving him.

Excellent. I'll probably dive him because I'm bad at sitting on motes.

After killing the Mist Dragon I killed Shadow Dragon by entrust spamming TGC's OSB, then killed Marilith...not looking forward to the other 4 * magicites.

Also Marilith's final attack is bullshit, luckily Yuffie had a Mirror Image stack up. SHe was a superstar that fight, Clearest Tranquil pulled a ton of weight.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Indecisive posted:

Yeah I never saw either in my first playthrough as a kid, then when i found out about yuffie i wished i hadn't (gently caress yuffie). Vincent at least wasn't actively harmful to the team

I dont know. The wutai segment with her is alright, and as a party member clear tranquil helps shore up healing after Aeris dies. She was normally in my party along with Cid.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
A lot of correct Yuffie opinions in this thread.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
I had been getting nothing but garbo SSB's for the most part during RoP but last night I got Zack's USB to go with his Chain and BSB (and Vincent's LMR) and tonight I got Locke's Chain (also have his AOSB and LMR) so that's a marked improvement. Need to get into the last 100 or so realm dungeons I have when they go half off tomorrow to prepare for fest pullin'.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
4 pulls got me a complete Elarra, Tyro LMR, Seifer Chain, and Vanille BSB.

This is entirely too dangerous to pull again but I really wanted TG Cids USB and LMR. Do they reappear on the next Tactics banner? I have a feeling my next pull will just be a 1/11 dupe.

I've got Cids OSB, BSB, and SSB and hes dived so it's not like he doesnt put in work.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

iamsosmrt posted:

poo poo I forgot to pick my relic from wondrous. Does anyone k ow if there's a default one or if it's random?

Random. I also forgot and got Galuf's Hammer...

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

superloosegoose posted:

Did I just get hosed not picking an item from the wondrous draw?

Depends on your definition of hosed. You got a random item. Or at least you should have.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

iamsosmrt posted:

I didn't get anything at all.. hmm

I thought I got something when I posted earlier but when I sort by newest it should be right behind my flurry of banner 1 pulls... but it's not. I looked at the in game messages to see if there was a time frame but nothing's there.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
I got Terra's Omen on the draw. That's all the tech I have for her, is that enough to dive Terror Baltimore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

superloosegoose posted:

Did anyone else not get a wonderful draw selection yet?

Some people either in this thread or on reddit were saying it normally takes a couple of weeks.

• Locked thread