Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Hah, interestingly enough my best possible strategy to consistently sub-30 Bismarck is to have shantotto(fully dove) wear NO armor, this way her res is low enough that self-memento mori through shellga does enough to trigger her plsy rough LM status.

And yeah wth was with event mateus! He was a tough cookie. Every other iteration of him(way too many! One of my main complaints on current state of game) in this event was easy so I wasnt expecting that.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Dec 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

1/11 Vincent LMR. Aaand its garbage. At least I have two ssbs for him but still this effect sucks lol.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Nihilarian posted:

the doublecast fire sucks?

Actually I guess its not all that bad since I forgot one of his ssbs does indeed have en-fire

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Oh, its 25%? Well thats not bad then. I thought "small" would mean like 10%

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Looks like they fixed the screen and lag issues on android. So thats a relief. But now Im getting anotber problem: the music always cuts out and I have to restart the app to get it to work again. Ding dang it!! One of these days they'll get it right.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

On the last 6* lucky I got 1/11 Y'shtola. Lets hope for a better one this time. Not touching the other two.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Glad to see the Cid Missions stay around. Also I think I see how to stop the music from stopping--I gotta make sure the music starts up on a screen before I click to the next one. Theres a real small delay now before music starts and when I click through too fast thats when the problem begins.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Unfortunately the music still craps out even if I wait. This is such an annoyance!

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

3/11

OK Armor(dupe)
Aeris USB
Ashe USB

Nice! Dont mind a dupe of that armor, Aeris(her proper name) USB is an upgrade for FF7 heal, and Ashe USB is brand new!! And I already had her dived even. I could already get him in under 30 now Bismarck is really making GBS threads his whale pants.

Dont know whether Ill pull on the fire banner.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Dec 25, 2017

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

What the poo poo is this Valigarmanda fight? Its stop bypasses your stop res accessories, affliction break, and even status blink. But it doesnt resist mnd breakdowns I guess. This is bullshit though.

Edit: beat him, but it took like 20 mins even with mnd shenanigans. He uses stop again and again! The fucker is relentless with it. Awful fight.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Dec 26, 2017

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Shoenin posted:

So what exactly is the gimmick to beating Vali

You raise your mnd and gently caress with his. Its still tedious as gently caress though and took me like 15-20 mins

Sadly doesnt look like I'll be pulling this fest. Fire banner is the only one where I dont have 3+ dupes, and none of the relics except the chains excite me. First time this will ever happen in my ffrk "career"

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Dec 26, 2017

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Got OK OSB(dupe), Aeris USB, and Ashe USB from 6* lucky. Skipped the other two. Got Rydia BSB from dollar draw on banner 2. No draws elsewhere. My least active fest ever!

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Pander posted:

Pro: dollar draw five star

Con:

Thats why I mostly dont do dollar draws anymore. Very unlikely that when I do get something it will even be of use.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

1/12 edge bsb.

GRR! RAGE PULL

3/11

Edge BSB dupe
Yuffie BSB
TIDUS USB

Heck yeah!

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Dropped 2 pulls;

1st Edge USB
2nd Tidus USB, Yuffie BSB and Edge LMR

Wasn't quite enough of a boost to finally kill my first magicite but enough of one to puree' Rubicant on the Rematch Dungeon event. Might try Living Flame again now that I realize how much Forbidden Power boosts Ninja abilities.

Id think tidus USB alone should be enough to waste the fire magicite, maybe even in under 30. Dont know how far along you are though. But that USB is nasty just make up an offensive team based around Tidus.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Gave it another try with the entrust route and best him at 49 seconds. The trick for me was being Alphinaud as my second healer and turning OK into an entrust/wrath bot.

Nice! My USB has actually gotten me under 30 for that now--but I also have Bartz with his USB supplementing. And Eiko with her BSB as healer. OK and Ramza are supports. That flame gets extinguished quick!!!

Magicites are fun the first time you beat them or can get a good time. I just hate how the game wants you to do them over and over.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

A couple people on reddit have sub-30d every magicite, including the water one, with a fully dived / kitted out Tidus as their main DPS. He's absurd.

Dang thats pretty neat. Ill have to look into that.

Thinking back on it I probably shouldn't have even pulled on that water banner since only Tidus' USB would have really helped me water-wise....but I got the USB so it all worked out.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Yeah can't imagine it reflects well when there wont be any high-end raid content for an entire week..

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Avalerion posted:

Vayne bsb and some super. :( Will probably just skip luckies going forward, the name is very misleading!

Imo since BSB meta has ended theyre not worth it anymore.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

There are still plenty of really good BSBs, and even older ones that have good entries are decent. The real reason lucky draws aren't very good anymore is that they still have a ton of SSBs, which are mostly garbage now.

I've played long enough that I have no real need to fill out synergy; even for realms I have nothing for don't hurt me cause of the reforged and augmented combo stuff I have.

"BSB meta is over" does not mean "there are no good BSBs", just that most of them aren't really going to improve my game(stuff that will help me in 4* magicites). So the mythril is better spent elsewhere. For newer players theyre probably still good to pull on.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Half price is tempting, but still probably a skip. My Bartz is a murderer already and its unlikely a single pull is going to put Sora anywhere near that level.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Was going to skip but pulled for novelty.

Got 1/11 Sora "glint"

what even is this garbage

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I can't see them abandoning the KH realm unless its a huge bomb.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

This is the first actually difficult event boss in like forever it feels like. Still he didnt stand a chance against SG.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

KH will not get its own story realms.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Washout posted:

Well I finally just got frustrated and uninstalled. Trying to play this ftp is just a endless chore of farming realm dungeons. I want to actually play the strategy part of this game and you don't get to do that without months and months of farming.

Are there any newer games without the endless no fun grind?

I imagine its pretty overwhelming for a new player. If you want a Final Fantasy game one called Dissidia Opera Omnia just came out like a month ago and I've liked it as a change of pace from FFRK. I like that theres no stamina system for story content, so you just play when you want. Its early enough in that you can basically use anyone.

But in this sort of game there will always be farming of some sort. Its kinda unavoidable. But I can totally see what you mean about the story dungeons seeming endless if youre new now. They were long for me and I started over two years ago! Probably finished soon sadly.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

75 mythril for 15 guaranteed relics is an awesome deal, even with a soiled pool. Thats like 2 guaranteed relics normally if you let the 2nd one be a lucky draw.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

My pulls are duds so far. Best thing is what I just got, which was Garnet Bsb2. Other stuff just dupes/ssbs/undesirable lmr

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

This event countdown is a great showcase of just how many completely useless relics there are in the pool these days lol

They at the very least should go through and weed out some of the really old lovely ssbs at this point.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Got Sephiroth BSB2 and Zack LmR off the VII, an actual solid draw.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Kefka SSB. On the road to a discoless run.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

2/3

Both dupes.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Edge BSB trip

Still not a single disco out of this. Urge to quit rising.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The Moon Monster posted:

So banner 2, I'd be extremely happy with any disco other than Gladio OSB or Butz USB (dupe) and any of the 5*s aside from onion gloves (dupe) would be a decent addition to my earth team.

Pull 1: Chicken Knife/11
Pull 2: Chicken Knife/11

gently caress me. I literally felt a little sick after that. The funny thing is that I was 100% sure that those were exactly the pulls I would get but then I convinced myself I was being irrational (I mean I still was, but drat...).

Anyone want to trade a Gladio LMR for one of my knoiaves?

Lol i remember several fests ago there was this banner where I wanted any relic on it except the debuting Vaan OSB. Like every single one but that was good for me. Its the top relic though and how often do those ever come up? Ive never even pulled a single disco.

First pull: 1/11 Vaan OSB. Ha ha game. Ok youve had your fun now lets try this again.

Second pull: 2/11, Vaan OSB.

I just sat and stared for a few minutes. On the bright side I use that dagger to this day lol

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Two draws, got all zack relics except chain. Ugh

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Off two pulls on banner 5 got both AOSB, Krile CSB, Tidus LMR. Not bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Got a good pull here--Minwu USB and Aphmau USB.

• Locked thread