Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Brother Entropy posted:

i'm assuming this is some kind of bug i wasn't around for and not you being the luckiest person ever
This is exactly correct. Somehow all the 3* and 4* garbage got removed from the loot table in between some banner changes, so for a few hours people could get a boatload of 5* relics to do whatever they want with. Some were just dated BSBs that you could grind up for Rosetta Stones or combine for 5*+++ synergy monsters, but there were also the staples of Wall/Shout/Sheepsong available in the mix for thpse who didn't have them yet.

Eventually DeNA caught on, shut down the exploit, and issued some apology mythril. So it was basically good times to some degree or another for everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Pander posted:

So, uh, did the fft 220 raid solo and he was only doing this counter attack that did 666 damage to my front row and basically nothing else.

I have good FFT synergy but even without it this would have been a laugher.
Yeah, I'd gotten the impression that this was supposed to be a tricky fight as well. But it's so easy to blunt the counterattacks that anyone can just load up on slow resist and heal through the rest. :shrug: Plus the omni-resist is apparently only -20% (for a net 80%), so elemental shitkickers like Cid Raines are still great for damage.

Presumably the next event's MP fights aren't so easily short-circuited?

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

3/11 - Sazh SSB (yeah right, it's the ancient Protectga+Faithga+Regen one that's only useful for the odd CM combo with other native/better buffs), Vincent BSB (dupe), Fang BSB1. Could be better, could be worse. At least the Vincent BSB dupe has bracer stats of +everything and also +fire.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Barbarrica and Yojimbo* were no worse than before, but Mateus became more tricky just by virtue of the more limited party selection. Thankfully she still melted under sufficient damage, but turn 3 Star Cross is pretty rude if you can't get your healing BSB or USB up quickly. And then Diamond Weapon was a question of whether you had sufficient burst damage without RW access to Cloud USB. In my case Cloud with his BSB2 really wasn't cutting it, so instead I grabbed Quistis who's very good for self-buffing.

*The cat still died.

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Dec 12, 2017

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Leavemywife posted:

Any advice for a new player? I asked about this in the old thread, I think, but it was a long time ago and I just reinstalled.
  • Get your maximum stamina up so that you don't have to deal with babysitting your device every few hours. I believe that the story dungeons are at half the usual cost right now, so if you want to you can plow through a lot of them.
  • Get as far as you can in the current events. Any time a new event shows up, do the same.
  • Focus on leveling the characters you have relics for.
  • Push for staple 3* and (eventually) 4* abilities, since each tier is a fair bit better than its predecessor. 5* abilities are still a luxury for now, excepting must-have abilities like Full Break or Multi Break.
  • Past a certain point, bring stat debuffs against bosses unless they're outright immune.
  • Stat changes (both buffs and debuffs) stack in a nonintuitive way - effects will overlap if they affect the exact same stats in the same direction relative to each other (buff or debuff), but otherwise they will not interfere with each other. (+ATK is in the same class as -ATK, as are +MAG/DEF and -MAG/DEF, but +ATK/-DEF is not the same as +ATK/+DEF.) So if you're using (say) Rallying Etude on your party (+15% ATK), it won't stack with Shout (+50% ATK) but will stack with Vessel of Fate (+ATK/MAG). Inversely, if a boss gives itself a +ATK/MAG buff then you can reverse that with a -ATK/MAG debuff (generally on SBs).
  • Do not pull on the newcomer banners.
  • Nearly all effects have durations, unlike the mainline games. Keep them in mind. That said, the concern is primarily on when to reestablish your buffs/any enemy debuffs as opposed to going for long stretches without them.
  • Do as many of the current dailies as you can; they'll be changing in a few days (after having been static for months) and their loot will really help you to rush for those 4*s that are currently expensive.
  • Check the Helpful Links in the OP. ffrk.pdf and FFRK Toolkit are my usual staples if I'm not looking up a boss's AI.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Apparently Cid Missions are still fulfilled if a character gets petrified? I managed to beat Vinuskar with an admittedly janky setup (when I probably could have brought along OK and Tyro as my ringers and then just thrown lots of dark magic and Raines RW at the boss), and Reks got turned to stone right at the end. Somehow I still got my reward, so I won't complain on that front. Does this also work if a character is KO'd, or not?

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

2/11 - Selphie SSB (dupe) and Aphmau USB. Not bad.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

6EQUJ5 6 7 posted:

Is it even worth it to level generics like knight, red mage, et cetera? I only ask because of the exp dungeon coming. I’ve leveled everything but them.
Eventually you run out of other characters to give XP to. Plus a few of them have serviceable RMs for dualcasting or boosting school-based damage.

Edit: Yes, that's a lot of XP. My roster currently has 92 characters at 99 and 93 at 80 instead (and the generics are split half-and-half between those groups), so ballparking level 80/99 at 6 million/12 million XP respectively you'd need ~1.5 billion XP to run out on non-generics.

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Dec 24, 2017

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Pulled on the BSB banner to get...

Gaffgarion (dupe) and Echo.

I would probably have been happier with 1/11 Tiny Bee. (Seriously, what the hell is Echo's BSB even designed for?)

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Bruceski posted:

How did you get that many T3 crystals?
We've had a lot since they debuted about a year ago between one per event (about 50), fest rewards, and generics getting them for free as elite dungeon rewards (8 so far).

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Schwartzcough posted:

Echo has Dancer 5, so basically she can bring the full break and power BD dances, and her BSB supplies a magic break dance command, a 40% party heal, and a stacking faithga. It's actually not bad.
Hmm, good point. Usually I just bring along Tyro to that sort of thing but being able to juggle another debuff and a stacking buff is decent once you put it that way. I do already have Exdeath's +MAG/RES party buff but these days I've ignored it in favor of his other party buff (+MAG/MND) that also has Grand Cross attached.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Bruceski posted:

On a non-pulling note, is the xp daily supposed to be boosted? Looks like the same (+) dungeon we had all week.
Both XP dungeons have a higher rate of return. In particular the + dungeon gives out 588K per stage, or even more if you get a Magic Pot.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Garland just shot up to the top of my MC3 priority list. :syoon: That is one sexy CSB.

Bruceski posted:

I just did it today and got 645K on the first stage with a pot. I don't think Sunday was boosted.
Sunday was definitely boosted compared to other days, as with one pot yesterday you'd get ~780K XP instead (as opposed to the above 645K). Or without a pot, on regular days you'd get ~480K per wave (instead of 588K). The net result is that all days are good for XP, but Sunday is even better.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Considering how many MC3s we keep getting for killing endgame bosses in the current fest (9 so far, plus more with BRA*BRA), how many does JP have in comparison? At this rate I would not be surprised if you could get one for every character, or nearly all of them.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

fridge corn posted:

Do status resistances stack? I've been legend diving yshitola and shes got a minor silence resistance node and a moderate silence resistance node - do these stack or does the greater effect overwrite the lesser one? What happens if I equip her with a silence resist accessory?
Status resistances do stack, though mild + moderate won't do much more than the moderate resist on its own. Status procs are expressed as 3% * (1 + [base]/[Resistance]), where Resistance is either 1 (with no resistance) or the sum of all resist status resist values (with resistance). So with the maximum value of [base] = 100, you have a 303% chance of the effect hitting (generally seen on gravity effects), which is then capped at 100%. Mild status resist has a resist value of 2, moderate gives 10, and major gives 100; all are at +1 with synergy. So mild + moderate sets your Resistance to 12 instead of 10, but moderate + moderate sets it to 20. Also, recall how the proc chance is capped at 100%? Effects like Affliction Break or Fujin's SB apply after the cap, so even a >100% proc chance is reduced to 50%. (Gravity effects - dealing a percentage of current or maximum health - are the exception to this.)

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Bruceski posted:

Man, Orthos is rough even without doing him multiplayer. Hits like a solid truck, apocalypse tentacle spam.
I got by with a back row party, that new -ATK/MAG dance, and Raines BSB to blunt Apocalypse Tentacle. And according the the SP AI he's programmed to use it three times in a row, either upon reaching 40% health or after 8 turns.

Though that said, how different is the fight in MP? Orthros claimed that he was bringing in Typhon as a ringer but then left after grumbling about me facing him on single player.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

3/11 - Shantatto USB (dupe, need to figure out how to use the drat thing), Gaffgarion USB, and Marche LMR.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

I was thinking on difficulty and power creep in this game after the reveal of the first Torment Renewal boss, and on the one hand Cuchulainn looks like a bunch of :tviv: for the third and maybe second stages.

On the other hand, I was able to blitz through the current event with nothing more than a few tweaks on my "farming" team of physical characters with dualcast LMs. Healing? Naw, no need for that. (Lion USB is sometimes necessary for getting mastery, so I'm not entirely without breaks.) So maybe all this power creep on the side of the enemies is warranted?

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Level him up. All his stats, including HP, are terrible until level 93 when things start taking off.

(Old but still relevant.)

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

For me, front row Atlas was easier just because you're setting up your buffs anyway at that point. So you only need to slightly delay your hastega and proshellga to have them up after the first dispel (on Atlas's second turn). If you're fast enough you can in theory skip the second front row dispel, but otherwise it's easy enough to anticipate and immediately nullify.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Bruceski posted:

Don't be scared off by the broken soul break battles, their stats have been lowered severely and they all have lv2 break resist instead of lv5. Definitely worth taking a shot at them even if you can't usually do 180/220-difficulty fights. Granted, I have doublecast materia for Bartz and Vivi's dive still works fine, but if you have a few good abilities I think they're actually more forgiving than typical battles.
Dances are ungodly powerful in these fights. Even 220 Broken Soul Squall can be turned into a kitten with Multi Break and the -ATK/MAG dance. I'd brought Y'shtola along for doublecast healing just in case, but funny enough it was her Support 4* access that mattered more for Breakdowns.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

And here I'm still waiting for Wei Shen, Geno, and Kain to show up.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

I managed eight phases before I finally dropped with an all-BSB team. In theory I could possibly hit 9+ by subbing in Tyro for one of my slots to gain even more defensive throughput (or finding a support BSB with anti-defense commands in my collection), but being able to make it to and clear the final phase is good enough. Would folks be interested in me posting the stats and AI? I'm not familiar with some of the oddball variables that are apparently in play but at least FFRK Inspector gives most of the relevant information.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

I treated this like a DU Lucky Draw - if I get mostly or entirely crap, who cares. :shrug: Luckily I instead pulled 3/11: Sora AOSB, Riku USB, and Riku LMR. But all those keyblades are unfortunately getting dumped in the vault, because making a weapon type exclusive to content that may never show up again is right up there with Planar Shepherd and Fire Heroes in terms of obviously boneheaded design decisions.

Seriously, how did they not learn their lesson on that from the funny weapon types in FF10?

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Perhaps I'm just forgetting, but I don't recall the existence of Godwall or a Ramza chain in global play. Are you on JP, then?

Content:
It's been a while since I've had occasion to pull this out, but I just employed a team for dumping out really fast magic damage and called it a day. ("-" refers to an unused ability.)
Y'shtola: BSB, Wrath/-
Raines: BSB, Wrath/Memento Mori
Fujin: BSB/SSB, Wrath/-
OK: mUSB, Meltdown/-
Tyro: SG, Multi Break/Enfeebling Jitterbug
RW Rikku USB
The only really tricky part here was in keeping alive before everyone with Wrath started to fire their BSBs. Except for Fujin the whole team is dived, so she was the only sketchy character in the party. (And even then her -MAG/RES opener still makes everyone do more damage.)

Edit: Something to note about the new 5* Dancer abilities is that at base they're -50% to the relevant stats. In contrast the -ATK, -DEF, and -MND Breakdowns are only -40% at base. So if you have to choose between one or the other, bring a dancer.

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Feb 26, 2018

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

LornMarkus posted:

Ah, I forgot I rarely post much anymore and there are newbies about.

Hi, I'm one of the JP players here and also in the Discord (though I mostly stay in the JP specific channel there). I almost never talk about my Global account and might be dropping it soon to save time. Nice to meet you.

pichupal posted:

Don't forget JP and Global are getting this at the same time. So yeah, God Wall is coming in the next fest, and Ramza Chain in the one after that.

Speaking of future walls though, I'm curious how Pecil's USB2 has stood up for Wall comparisons. Would it be enough to forgo a healer in some content with someone running TGC RM or supported by Marche USB to spam the 1500 HP heals?
Yeah, being on an English-language forum does tend to limit the discussion on JP. Most of the time here it's just "something will be showing up in JP in however many months" or whatever, so direct experience like this is quite limited. But in turn that makes the simultaneous collab all the more interesting - how did the JP crowd generally react to this, mechanics wise? I personally didn't find any of the segments to be too hard, but as above that's not universal. (Also it seems really bizarre to have every boss resist fire/ice/lightning; apparently this was a thing in the original series but often as not FFRK falls flat when attempting to literally translate some piece of mechanics.)

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I could be thinking of outdated information but I was under the impression that wall was technically considered a status buff akin to protect and shell but the duration boost is absolutely tiny.
Maybe you're thinking of the Slow status? That has a base duration of 20s and does scale with differences in MND like any other status effect...but the rate of change is on the order of 1s per thousand or ten thousand points of difference. So in effect Slow will always last 20s.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Bruceski posted:

Whew, Shinryu-Celestia down with my wind chain team. Between the built-up chain, Lucky Strike's crit damage boost, and OK's pUSB critfix I had enough damage to finish him off after the armor went back up instead of trying to hold out for another cycle.

Ravna's going to get my ice guys to its face. Between Chaos and Odin is either one more deserving of prioritizing my better folks (aside from Chaos having omniresist)?
Definitely Chaos. Odin's entire deal is in throwing medium-to-high damage at you, but it's not as bonkers as Chaos can sometimes get with quickcasts and no omniresist means that you can burn him down far faster. (Also bring a source of Grand Cross for Chaos to ignore the early single-target attacks/slows.)

15/0/T: Noctis USB
14: Y'shtola SSB (dupe)
13: Lightning BSB2, Noel BSB1 (both dupes)
12: Vaan SSB2
11: Lion SSB

How does one use Noctis' USB, anyway? It says that it boosts non-elemental damage but IIRC non-elemental damage has to explicitly be called out as a damage type. And so far as I can tell he doesn't get access to abilities with said type.

Edit: Tinypic doesn't seem to link you image leeching like that. Try Imgur?

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Mar 14, 2018

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Bruceski posted:

Just call it Runic. People without Runic still know what Runic is if they've played FF6. Folks without Grand Cross who played any of the FF games where it showed up will wonder why you're bringing it to as status-immune fight.

Anyway, Crystal Tower down, my first of these standard-difficulty ones. Chaos was a pain of a damage-race but I managed it, unfortunately my non-elemental folks were also my stacking attack breaks folks so I didn't have much to disarm Odin and only a weak healer available. So I went the other way (stack defense buffs), and it was a damage race between him and my knights. Quite fun, I have a lot of knights.
The tricky thing is that Runic is a different status effect in this game. See, Runic (as in the original FF6, and in the Celes SB of Runic Blade) taunts and absorbs black magic attacks to power your casts - all well and good. But Grand Cross (as in the Exdeath SSB, his USB, Celes SSB of Indomitable Blade, and Celes BSB2) does the same for white magic attacks as well, and that's what slow effects are usually typed as in this game.

Ultimately part of the issue is that FFRK has no unified name for the majority of its status effects, so the community is left to make poo poo up based on the first instance to come along. For instance "Sentinel" (+200% DEF, taunt PHY/BLK) got named as such because it first appeared as a Pecil SB.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

MelvinBison posted:

How much damage are you guys doing to Shinryu-Celestia's weakpoint? I'm averaging 4.5k damage from a Valigaruda from Lv99 Terra after a Mage's Hymn but apparently I'm supposed to be one-shotting this thing.
I have no Type-0 synergy whatsoever.
To one-shot it, you generally want either a 4-hit ability with a chaser or at least 5 hits without one. It's got only (well, "only" given power creep) 5.5K DEF and 9.5K RES so that shouldn't be hard after you hit an attack softcap and bring along any form of +element boost. If you're only getting 4.5K from Valigarmanda on Terra it sounds like you're not achieving either of those. Ideally you'd have a chain to dump out impressive damage even when the boss hasn't collapsed, but otherwise keep in mind that Cannabilize (which summons the Breaksight) is forced on SC's 8th turn at >=70% HP/SC's 1st turn at >=40% and <70% HP/SC's 3rd turn at <40% HP.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

So for trying out the insta-retaliate strategy for farming Nemesis, how much instacast will I probably want to pull it off? I don't yet have Orlandeau's LM2 (5 more Vitality Motes! :argh:), but I don't know how much instacast matters on someone with Samurai access versus just tagging them with Gogo V RM2 (which natively grants Retaliate). So the tools I do have that seem relevant:
  • Haste + Instacast 3 on Luneth, Ace, and Shelke. I also have Instacast 2 on OK, but not his pUSB.
  • OK's BSB and both variants on Shout for Ramza as obvious boostga+hastega options.
  • Relm USB and Aphmau USB for instacast effects that give the party more instacast.
  • Lion USB and Noel for self Instacast 2 needs.
  • Ramza USB and Raijin SSB for standard-cast effects that still provide instacast.
  • Deuce SSB, Raijin SSB, and Gladiolus SSB for any Last Stand needs.
  • No Prishe RM3, but I can easily get it if need be.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

How are people running out of money? 4* reforging?
Massive amounts of orb exchanging and the lack of orbfests to replenish currency stocks.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Combo posted:

I don't know anything about most of the FFs but reddit has our back. [Answers]
For fun, try answering "false" to the last question of tonight's hard quiz. (Though only after you've completed it correctly.)

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Shoenin posted:

Whats he do when you do?

I like Final Fantasy (well at least half of em) so I dont want to make skinny jackass feel bad.
He gets saucy about you being a bunch of rebels, then throws meteors at the party for 9999 damage a head. And yes that does trigger a game over in the very likely circumstance that you die. (I dunno if the AI has any contingency for Last Stand.)

Luckily you can just retry with all the correct answers for 1 stamina afterwards.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

I got Tiny Bee! :woop:

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

For several months that was one of my best mage weapons, the other one being Durandal (Ashe OSB, so a sword and thus also non-standard for its purpose). Later on I got a bunch of more standard 6* mage weapons, but I still don't regret funneling rosetta stones into a Malboro Tentacle.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Magic gets better multipliers to compensate, though. Compare OSB multipliers, for instance - physical OSBs get x12 while magical OSBs get x40. I dunno why the formulae are different in the first place as opposed to "physical" or "magic" just being a tag that can matter for enemy resistance, as with DFFOO, but the discrepancy shows up in official games as well. :shrug:

And speaking of hard mode Fork Tower, I had a bit of fun upon reaching the last stage of the magic side. I'd been running a party mostly based around BSBs (Raines, Y'shtola, Fujin) or just kinda hanging back and dancing (Tyro), but I'd expected to use OK mUSB to dump out powerful Meltdowns. Somehow I got unlikely with the super-Ethers, because he went into the fight with only 3 left. :downs: So here I was, thinking that everyone else had good throughput with their BSBs...

:ughh:

Oh right, I had OK BSB and could just equip that instead.

(I would love to look at Omni's AI just for the sake of curiosity (especially to see if he ever casts Slowga past the first time), but for whatever reason the AI is hidden in a different spot than normal and thus FFRK Inspector can't find it. It's still in the JSON, but I dunno how to interpret most of it on my own.)

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Apr 4, 2018

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

I really want to throttle whichever idiot executive thinks that porting FF12 bosses with no changes is a good idea. Normally it's just the usual dumb idea of having the boss resist every element it's not weak against (which usually means eight of them) or weird action economy messes like the Mandragoras. Stuff that apparently* makes sense in the context of FF12 (where you have a lot more leeway in what abilities you use both in general and in the context of a given fight) but which ends up not working in the restrictive design environment of FFRK**. And now we have the mess that is Behemoth King, who's got omni-resist and a cycling physical/magical barrier against damage, whee! In the original game you could swap the barrier by casting Arise twice on it; in FFRK you just have to wait the drat thing out over 10-12 seconds.

I mean, despite my grousing it's still quite possible to down the Behemoth King in both formats...but I wish that doing so would be a more interesting battle than grinding it down with the few non-elemental switch hitters I dug up in my arsenal. Anyone I missed here?
  • Gogo VI with either SB.
  • OK with his BSB or OSB. (I used the BSB.)
  • Reno with his USB.
  • Rude with his BSB.
  • Vayne with any SB, though his OSB is dark/holy.
  • Vincent with his USB or BSB. (I used the BSB.)

*I have never played FF12, so the best I've done is to check wikis.
**Having that more restrictive environment isn't unreasonable, and is often helpful for freemium games like this. But a designer does need to realize that it's not the same as a more open single-player experience.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Status resists should stack just fine, I believe. It's only elemental resists that don't, likely because they're modal effects rather than being based on some scaling variables.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Decided to tackle this Ozma raid before it expires and is this just supposed to be 100% a dps race?
Ozma MP is basically a DPS race, yes. Though you will also want Last Stand, Affliction Break/a source of blind/physical blink, and definitely Grand Cross/anything else that absorbs BLK and WHT attacks. Ozma MP has a ten-turn cycle that's half random abilities based on phase and half fixed global abilities in sequence:

TFMurphy posted:

Turn 3+10n: Apocalypse Flare (NAT: 55535 Raw Dmg - Uncounterable)
Turn 5+10n: Apocalypse Doomsday (NAT: AoE - 1000% Dark Magic Dmg, Ignores Res, Uses MAG^0.7 - 99999 Max Damage, Uncounterable, Targets caster and all enemies)
Turn 6+10n: MP Absorb (NAT: AoE - 50% chance of reducing random non-empty Ability's uses by 20%)
Turn 8+10n: Curse (NAT: AoE - 110% Phys Dmg, 18% chance each of Poison/Confuse/Slow/Blind - Uncounterable)
Turn 9+10n: Ultimate Flare Star (NAT: AoE - 500% NonElem Magic Dmg, Ignores Res, Uses MAG^0.51 - Uncounterable)
Apocalypse Flare is obviously your first order of business. Surprisingly the defense-ignoring attacks aren't too wild if you're keeping up with breaks, but because of them you can skip the usual Proshellga/Wall suite of buffs. (Ozma has one attack that cares about defense but you can block it, see later.) Curse will likely gently caress you up if you're unprepared, but Affliction Break can blunt it and surprisingly Ozma MP is also vulnerable to the blind status. Or you can block it with physical blink because it's the only physical attack the boss has. Finally among the random/local abilities you'll find Holy (WHT, 1300%), Death (BLK, 93% KO), and Berserk (WHT, 93% Berserk) which are all single-target. Normally they'll gently caress your day up but Grand Cross will just slurp them up.

Edit: I managed to dig up the screenshot I took for the fight and so I'll walk you through an example of what worked for me.
  • Aranea was basically around for wind damage and for her magic blink SSB.
  • Selphie has her instant cast/Last Stand healing USB.
  • Edge could toss fast Celerity damage to build up to his Last Stand/physical blink SSB.
  • OK had the sole boostga and proceeded to fire off breaks.
  • Celes was present for weakness damage and a physical source of Grand Cross with her SSB.
  • I also grabbed Eiko USB for an RW to ensure that Last Stand was in place for Apocalypse Flare.

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Apr 15, 2018

• Locked thread