Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Aerith SSB and dupe Basch BSB.

Should've saved them for IX.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

wizard on a water slide posted:

3/11: Basch's BSB, Cait Sith's crit SSB, and my third copy of Reks's Diamond Shield. I'm doing at least two pulls on the upcoming FF12 banner for the husband effect, and I'm going to absolutely poo poo if I pull more Reks relics.

Basch's cmd1 actually sounds like it might be really good on a holy team, if one level of imperil is enough to activate 5x hits. Pity he doesn't have some broken LM to pair with that.

Basch's CMD1 is a bit more lackluster now that we have 4-hit Guardbringers, but otherwise it'll probably still edge out Saint/Divine Cross if you're capping.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

KataraniSword posted:

Man, going back and looking... Hidden Bloom and Guardian Mog (Aerith and Eiko USBs) are evergreen since they're instant-cast medicas (and because Eiko has two really strong buffs to go with), but even the original USBs are kind of lacking compared to later ones, aren't they?

Aside from those two, you started with Tyro USB (Astra is nice, HP Stock is good but doesn't replace a medica, and Hastega is Hastega, but who uses this over Wall if they have it), Faris USB (convergent/AoE pentabreak + autostun in a meta where neither status effects nor debuffs are valued like, at all), and Vanille USB (Proshellga + Astra + Stock, only really comes into play at the beginning of fights or as a RW).

It wasn't until Ramza USB hit the scene that they started to be really Hot poo poo On Toast as opposed to just "better SSBs".

Just pointing out that Aerith USB isn't instant, either. So it's basically just AoE Curada with a usually useless Shell effect (since by the time you need to use it 90% of the time you'll have Shell up already anyway).

Tyro USB has its own merits, especially as Wall RW becomes more and more forced; Wrathable Astra is never a bad thing. Vanille's isn't amazing, but it does its job fine as a 'Dr Mog set-up starter' if you're using say, Fabula Raider/Ramza BSB as a RW.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Two 11-pulls got me three dupes, Steiner's BSB2, and Garnet's USB. No Vivi.

I might be able to save up another 50 before the banner goes away, but with six dupes on the banner it's tricky. Any of the non-dupes would be great though...

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Threw a 3-pull at the IX banner with the last of my mythril and the game rewarded my poor choices with Eiko's LMR.

So as much as I'd like to keep trying for Garnet's LMR or Vivi's stuff I really can't justify pulling on a banner with 8/12 dupes. I'll just have to try again in the next IX event, it's just a shame that it directly follows VIII.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Got my Bismarck sub-30 thanks to Garnet's Legend Dive (and having her USB didn't hurt, either). Now I can farm Major Summons.

If I pulled the plug on a couple more Dives I could probably sub-30 Mist Dragon and maybe Shadow Dragon, hmm.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Attestant posted:

Steiner OSB, Break Blade
- 1x ST Fire/Lightning/Ice physical attack with 99,999 cap. Increased damage if hitting a weakness.
- Break Blade has +Fire% under realm synergy.

Here is an OSB that I very much do not like. While it's easy enough to get the increased damage by hitting a weakness, Steiner has much more trouble with gaining access to one EnElement, let alone three. He can get EnFire from his old BSB1 that is not featured on either banner, and the rest are all on his USB, on the first banner. And if you're pulling for Steiner, you're probably better off just trying to get that USB instead of this. Overall Steiner just suffers from being a jack of all trades, but a master of none. That also applies to this triple-elment relic. Verdict: Pass

That's where we'll have to disagree - as a standalone, Steiner's OSB is one of the best; as far as elemental OSBs go it only loses out in potency to Orlandu's, and you can bring Steiner to hit three different weaknesses. If you do have his BSB1 then it's the strongest Fire physical OSB, and it's still one of only three Ice OSBs (the others being Squall and Ayame). Also note that you can make a poor man's Enspell with his Trance; while it's weaker than an Enspelled OSB, it gives him some guaranteed power that's not dependent on pulling a certain relic.

Also, Steiner's USB can be pretty tricky to work with at times - you have to set it up yourself, and while you can get some great power out of it, spamming his USB is actually weaker than OSB spamming even if you Enspell him. I'd be happier pulling his OSB than his USB.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
MAG/MND/RES is a unique buff ID, unlike Papalymo's since plain +MAG is pretty common.

Edward can also Wrath so that's cool beans.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

So it's just another "you get more rewards if you've been playing for awhile" thing it sounds like? Like new people will still get motes and won't lose access to anything permanent, but people that have already done these Torment dungeons will get to double dip on them? Sorta lame (well, not for me, I need a shitload more job motes) but I guess it's in line with 5 Dooms never coming back.

Eh, Global long-time players kinda whiffed on the Renewal dungeons' mythril since you were probably spending your mythril on non G11s and inferior banners back then.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Stopgap posted:

The people who posted before me aren't wrong about a Ramza dive, as it's not very sexy as far as dives are concerned. I don't regret mine however, just based on how much I use him. It's a decent dive on a versatile character, although the current top-dog meta doesn't really benefit from the abilities you get from it.

Honestly, I would say hang on to your motes until after whatever Christmas/winter fest we'll get in a few weeks. Lightning USB is great but kinda wants her LMR, Edea has a great burst but her dive is lame, and Serah gets new relics in a few weeks. Squall BSB is awesome and all, but there's a good chance you'll get some killier relics in the next few weeks which will open up your options.

This week, in fact. She has some good stuff coming out (and her banner is one of the most Ice-focused banners we've seen since Squall/Rinoa), it's a matter of if you can spare the Mythril to chase it.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Also multiple hits are still better than a single overstrike because of chain shenanigans.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Nothing too special, but did manage to get sub-30 Bismarck with Garnet as primary DPS:

Poor SB-less Onion's job was purely to Entrust to Garnet while building up bars with Swift Bolt. Braska hit Garnet with a Meltdown to drop her to Trance, then just Chain Thundagad while using his SSB once he got it.

My original team had Vivi in place of Braska, but I wanted to see how far I could push the damage. Turns out Garnet chucking out 6kx4 CMD2s (7k after Hydra is summoned), and then a constant stream of 9999s once her first USB gets going is enough with some potshot damage from Onion/Braska. Her cast speed gets ridiculously fast once everything is set up; TGC + Trance + Summoner's Dream makes her moves blindingly fast.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
The only BSB I'd really want to pull is Mog's. Squall BSB2 or Ramza BSB2 would be nice as a bonus, but otherwise the pool has too many possibly bad things for me to risk it considering how low I am on resources right now.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

iamsosmrt posted:

Nice review. I think this is objectively a very good banner, especially for people with no dupes and beginners. It has a little bit of everything you need. It's just that veterans likely have alternatives for almost every relevant relic here, even Ashe (lightning is a very strong element in general). If non-elemental were more important, I think Vaan's USB would make this a more serious contender. But with fest and OK banner imminent, it's a tough sell for those looking for some future proofed relics.

It's a very good banner that's hurt by being sandwiched between some very strong banners. I'd budgeted a pull for this but IX really drained me.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
They stack, but their value is still a bit dodgy since it's not incredibly hard to get ATK above the softcap these days, especially after a Legend Dive.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I think it's earmarked for the 27th, but subject to change.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Shadow Dragon's gimmick is that he will use Black Fang on his fourth turn, and on his eight turn, to KO the character with the lowest % of hp left. This is at around 10.50 and 21 seconds respectively. There are a few ways you can get around this:

1. Revive a character to be used as a sacrificial lamb for the second Fang and just do the fight with four characters. Best used if your damage is slow to ramp up or you can't juggle rebuffing duties.
2. Shadow Dragon will stop using Black Fang either after his second Fang, or if you do about 120k damage to him, whichever comes first (he'll start using it again if you spend too long in the fight). Several teams should be able to do 120k damage before his eighth turn, so you can have a sacrificial lamb for the first Fang, bulldoze him before the second, and then just do the fight with four characters.
3. Burst him before his first Fang and then do the fight with a full team. Requires a very strong bursty Holy team (usually involving Orlandu and/or Raines). This is almost definitely the way to go if you want to sub-30 too.

Beyond the Fang, Shadow Dragon just has naturally hard hitting physical and magical AoE attacks and can inflict Sap and Doom, so you'll still want a good healer that can keep up with him.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I have nothing for Water bar Yuffie's USB and Terra's ancient BSB1 and I still can't allow myself to pull on banner 3 because of the amount of dupes I have (and I really don't need more Wind stuff).

If I get enough Mythril I might throw a shot at banner 2 or 4, but given that I'm barely scratching 30 right now I doubt it.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Three dupes isn't terrible, mind.

And most normal banners have only max one chain so rolling on banner 2 is pretty much equal to a normal banner but with the flak SSBs taken out.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Three lucky draws coming up on the 22nd, 23rd and 24th respectively. Elemental-focused banners appear every two days starting on the 25th.

The current XIII banners are alright if you really like Ice (on banner 1). Banner 2 isn't incredibly focused unless you like Sazh, so you might want to skip it.

XII banners drop Friday, and the first banner has some strong stuff - the best relics are hone-dependent though, so if you're just starting out you won't be able to maximize their power.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I could always pitch in with my own reviews if people cared. I'm not overly keen on drawing (mostly due to lack of mythril), so I'll be happy enough to play armchair analyst.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

Miracle Veil is great. The problem is it's probably the most reoccured relic in the entire game and everyone who's played for a while has it and multiple copies already.

I somehow have never gotten one.

I have somehow managed to have now gotten a 7* of Conductor (X), Lamia's Flute (IX) and Faerie Tail (VIII).

The game really loves throwing healer USBs at me.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
A bit late, but here's my review for banner 5.

Seymour's Staff: 11x MAG Dark ST hits, party Quickcast 2, activate Dark Chain

Chain is chain. Seymour has enough options to make good use of the Chain itself, including Dark Zone, Dire Heal and Ultima Weapon, and is more versatile than his other Chain counterpart Garland.

Chain rating.

Warrior of Light's Ragnarok: 11x PHY Holy ST hits, party 2000 HP Stock, activate Holy Chain.
+RS Holy (Sword)

The only Holy Chain for a very long time. A party HP Stock has its own use, and being a Knight, WoL of course has plenty of options to contribute to the Chain count afterwards.

Chain rating.

Marche's Burglar Sword: 10x PHY Holy/NE ST hits, Enlight, EX Mode: Speed Cast
Speed Cast: Frontrow party members gain High Quickcast 1 for PHY abilities when user uses a Knight ability.

Excellent top-tier USB and helps accelerate all forms of physical teams, Holy or not. Marche himself has a Dualcast Knight LM2 and so can more than hold his own in terms of DPS. You wouldn't be complaining at all outside of dupes.

Excellent.

Garland's Earthbreaker: Overflow PHY Dark/NE attack, bonus multiplier if hitting weakness.
+RS Dark (Axe)

Standard OSB. Garland the character is kinda limited on options, being only marginally more versatile than Dark Knight Cecil. But he gets Combat and Darkness, which is just serviceable enough. Otherwise, OSB is OSB. His LM options aren't very impressive (though his LMR is a watered-down Trance), so there are better Dark OSB options out there if you desperately need one.

Serviceable enough for its job.

Seymour's Guado Wedding Robes: 8x MAG Dark/NE ST hits, Endark, Burst Mode
Desire for Ruin (CMD1): 6x MAG Dark/NE ST hits, damages user for 35% max HP
Grudge of the Dead (CMD2): Self Phantom Regen (periodically restores 15% of max HP) and MAG/DEF Bargain

A more unusual Burst. The entry is fairly standard. Command 1 offers a hard-hitting high-count command (the overall attack is just slightly weaker than a Doomed Dark Zone), while command 2 gives the standard MAG bargain along with a unique powerful Regen. There is some serious potential there, and even if you don't like the backlash of CMD1, CMD2 is pretty nice. However, Seymour gets his USB in the next FFX event with the same chase as Ashe's USB, so if you really want him to be a Darkslinger you might want to go for that banner instead (especially since it also has his Chain).

Decent commands, but soon to be powercreeped.

Ramza's Kiyomori: Enholy, Burst Mode, party ATK+50% and Haste
Warrior's Dance (CMD1): 5x PHY Holy/NE ST hits, no SB gauge gain
Warrior's Will (CMD2): Large self SB gain (same as Wrath)

Shout 2.0, just as good as you'd think it'd be. OK and Quina USB are coming in the next few months, but Ramza is still a great support. The commands offer him some great options: CMD2 saves him a slot that would be used for Wrath and means there's no reason you shouldn't have 100% uptime on this. CMD1 isn't as strong as the 5* Knight options, but Ramza doesn't have that so it's his best DPS move if you don't need him to carry Breaks or do the Wrath/Entrust shenanigans.

Excellent.

Raines' Metamorphosis Claws: 6x MAG Dark/Holy ST hits, higher multiplier if user is Doomed, Burst Mode, party MAG/DEF+30%
+Dark (MAG-based Fist)
Shining Moment (CMD1): 4x MAG Dark/Holy ST hits, self Magic Instantcast 1
Lingering Spirit (CMD2): 2x MAG Dark/Holy MT hits, self MAG/RES Bargain

While the age of BSBs is slowly passing, Raines' still stands strong and serves as a reminder of a time when they were still working out BSB balance. When it first came out it basically invalidated pulling for any other Dark or Holy options for a very long time. That's no longer the case, but Raines can still hold his DPS, thanks to the party buff provided, his own ability to easily hit the buff softcap with CMD2 and Memento Mori, and the ability to chaincast his CMD1. His own LM2 gives him doublecast chance for both Dark and Holy, meaning outside of bosses that resist both he'll always have an option. Still, while the power of his BSB has remained relatively stable, options are slowly growing which may not necessarily benefit Raines - party Quickcast/Instacast/Doublecast options are growing which allow other mages to keep up with Raines' speed. This BSB is still going strong and it's hard to say that it'd ever get fully powercreeped.

Still excellent.

Warrior of Light's Lustrous Shield: 8x PHY Holy/NE ST hits, Enlight, Burst Mode
+Holy (sword)
Stroke of Light (CMD1): 1-5x PHY Holy/NE ST hits, number of hits scale with DEF
Crystalize (CMD2): 2x PHY Holy/NE MT hits, self DEF+50%

WoL appreciates the Enspell, but CMD1 is woefully outdated by Guardbringer. Crystalize helps since it does stack with Divine Cross, but that's it. Great if you really want to ensure that max-hit Guardbringer, but otherwise there are probably better Holy BSBs out there.

Outdated with still useful side effects.

Golbez's Zeromus Shard: 7x MAG Dark/NE ST hits, MAG+30%, Sentinel, Burst Mode
+Dark (rod)
Shadow Dragon (CMD1): Grants 30% Stoneskin to user and toggle on. If toggled on, deals 4x Dark/NE MT Summon attacks, then toggle off.
Glare Hand (CMD2): 4x MAG Dark/NE ST hits. If toggled on, heals user for 20% of damage dealt.

A unique mage tank option, but otherwise outdated by Dire Heal, and the entry's side effects can be duplicated with Memento Mori/Divine Cross if you really want to. Shadow Dragon's discharge is impressively strong, but the 2-turn combo and Golbez's lack of any dualcast LMs leave this BSB in the dust. Golbez is still a pretty unique mage tank if you really like that I guess.

Outdated but saves skill slots.

Marche's Cuirass: 8x PHY Holy/NE ST hits, Burst Mode, party ATK/MND+30%
Saint Blade (CMD1): 3x PHY Holy/NE ST hits, self Knight damage boost 3
Saint Shield (CMD2): 2x PHY Holy/NE St hits, self Sentinel

Nothing too flashy with this one. The buff combo is extremely rare, and while Marche would have appreciated an Enspell more than the modifier on CMD1, it'll do the job fine.

Buff/DPS option.

Shadow's Koga Blade: 7x Instant PHY Dark/NE MT hits, Endark, Burst Mode
Mark for Death (CMD1): 4x PHY Dark/NE ST hits, short charge time
Dance with Death (CMD2): 2x PHY Dark/NE MT hits, short charge time[/b]

Very simple yet it does its job. Even if you never use the commands, Shadow loves the Endark option, and it's instant to boot. It's also great for daily runs since everything is turbocast.

Good even if just for the entry only.

Orlandeau's Cloak: 10x long charge time PHY Holy/Dark Random hits, 100% Death, self ATK+30%/DEF+50%, Burst Mode
Steely Swordplay: 4x PHY Holy/NE ST hits, ATK/DEF-20%, long charge time
Dark Swordplay: 2x PHY Holy/NE ST hits, self heal 20% of damage dealt, long charge time

The ages have not been kind to this BSB. Our ol' friend Orlandeau still has ways to get around the weakness of the BSB thanks to his access to Powerchain or with the various ways to speed up cast time, but other than the self-buff, the commands can be outdone by a few other options (like Thieves with Mug Bloodlust), and Orlandeau will get Darkness access so even CMD2 will get powercrept. TGC himself gets a much stronger USB soon, so this isn't great unless you just want all his toys.

Entry buff only.

Seymour's Moonflow Rod (LMR): 25% chance to dualcast Dark abilities

Dualcast LMs are always appreciated.

Warrior of Light's Crystal Helm (LMR): +3% ATK for each hit taken, up to maximum of +35% ATK

Fine if you want to use him as a tank and if you're having trouble getting to the softcap, but I wouldn't be pulling for it really.

Banner overview: There's a lot of excellent options here, with two Chains, several party buff options, and a chance to shore up the rare I synergy or just to hunt for more Tactics/X relics. While several of the BSBs are getting outdated, none of them are outright completely terrible. The main discouragement other than dupe pulling is upcoming banners; Onion Knight's great USB banner is coming soon, and there's a great Holy banner (TGC USB) banner coming up, and Seymour has a stronger banner if you want his new toys, in the next few months. The I banner to come eventually has some strong WoL/Garland relics too, so there's that. But if you want both elements, this is a great pulling point, and the general quality of this banner is good.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Fister Roboto posted:

Blitz King/11

That's actually what I got last time.

Still better than Lann OSB. At least Jecht can get synergy and hit two elements.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Varance posted:

The worst pull that isn't a Bee:

Kimahri's BSB is still somewhat decent, it's just not super strong in the Chain era. His lack of good 5* Water skills also hurts, but at least he can Wrath/Lifesiphon.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Squall USB dupe, Aphmau USB, and Rydia USB.

Oh well. Instant Cast spreader is nice, even if I have too many healer USBs as it is.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Badly need earth stuff like I guess everyone else and pulled.

2/11, both Gladiolus' BSB, womp. It doesn't look *that* bad I guess but having an en-earth on a character that has like literally 1 earth ability is not exactly what I was after. Can he actually pump out decent damage with his CM1 if his defense is high enough, or is it a really lovely multiplier? If it's like Guardbringer-level I think I can work with that.

Not pulling again because honestly this banner is pretty lovely and I shouldn't have even done this one, but the lure of the chain + Bartz USB was too much.

It's worse than Guardbringer and we'll get Earthbringer eventually.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I'd like Gladio BSB to combo with his OSB, but I don't think it's worth half the bad stuff on this banner.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Ok so now what do I do for the hydra magicite fight

Galuf usb
Tifa usb/bsb1
Gladio OSB/BSB
Yang BSB (seems good but he dies so quickly)
Ursula BSB

I’ve been egging a lot of them to 99 so wanna figure out if I’m wasting resources while I shuffle around seeing what works.

I can do most magicite under a minute but can’t figure out this one.

I can sub-60 Hydra fairly consistently with similar relics - Fabula Guardian will negate most of Yang's drawbacks. Galuf/Gladio/Yang is a decent attacker combination, and you can have a good healer and a buff/Entrust bot for the last slot.

Alternatively, use a double/triple Entrust setup with Gladio BSB/OSB and Galuf to help support/contribute chip damage.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Shoenin posted:

All I got was the Tifa LMR, and I have none of her relics aside her very 1st one.

It's at least +Earth armour. Galuf has no such luxury.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I'd really like the three chains on Banner 4, as well as the Squall stuff, but anything that isn't that kinda makes me wary. There's a lot of junk in that pile, as anything that isn't Squall/Edea BSB is pretty much outdated (unless you need a +Lightning spear).

That 50 Mythril might go towards the next FFVIII event instead. I'm still on the fence.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Cloud USB has not reappeared again, your only hope is Lucky Draws or future potential fest banners.

Cloud gets a second USB in six months, so presumably at that point they'll have completely phased out putting it on banners.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Has there ever been a boss that you could insta-kill that way? I feel like there has to have been at least one.

Phantom Train, but ages ago, not the MP one.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
No chains at all, urgh. 4* Magicites are gonna be a pain.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Squall with just his LMR can still do a chunk with his LM2 and Snowspell Strike.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

KataraniSword posted:

He is, don't worry, it's just that the three(!) new characters take their share of the spotlight over him. That's when he gets his Legend Dive and also the next chance to grab his USB/BSB if you lack them.

To be specific, he shares the first banner with Haurchefant and Estinien; Ysayle takes the second banner with Cid Garlond, Papalymo and Yda.

The old characters actually get nothing new outside of Garlond (who gets a USB), so if you've been drawing on XIV stuff there might be a few dupes floating about.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

ceaselessfuture posted:

I need some advice from the JPers around.

The 3rd anni looks like a good fest, but did it have a lasting effect on the meta? I understand that the UOSBs and FSBs debuted with it and that they're real good, but that's not exactly what I mean. From what I've been hearing about the OK banner for instance, its influence exceeds even the new SBs considerably.

I'm wondering, from pure, generic power-increase terms, if the quality of the OK and Orlandeau are actually better pound-for-pound than the fest banners?

Especially since our fest banners will undoubtedly be different as well.

Tyro's Godwall is the main prize from the fest (and even then, with Wall being everywhere now, you can get by using something like Rikku/Quina USB if you really wanted). The UOSB/FSBs are good, but they're ultimately gap closers to help shave off time, especially for 4* Magicites. JP's recent fest with the 2.0 chains are bigger power-increases in my opinion.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Magicites have done more to push the idea of specific chasing of relics like CSBs than almost any other change in the game. A lot of the old content, like the original Cid's Missions were mostly solvable with good RWs and some unorthodox RMs or strategies.

It's a lot easier to brute force a lot of content now, but every now and then you get a good fight that taxes you and has you spinning your wheels. The Crystal Tower is a step in the right direction (even if I find it more draining than most content).

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
13% for a 'good' item per orb is actually incredible by gacha standards. Compare that to 3% for the majority of gachas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Pretty sure they regret it less than Cloud USB. At least Wall has other uses like bumping up Guardbringer/Earthbringer/Aegis Strike.

• Locked thread