Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Fantastic OP!

Don't forget to buy stamina potions and use them on XP days (today and Tuesday)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
This FFTA 180 CM was so free. I'm tempted to go back and do it again and let him slow me.

Marche USB is hilarious.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Lechtansi posted:

So, I've been getting the itch to play this game again after a long time. I quit just as OSBs were introduced, so I have no idea what any of this new fangled stuff is. I somehow have over 800 mythril still, so I could at least probably get up to speed with the current gear.

Whats the current meta? Any new must have abilities that I need to whale for? Is there a good catch up guide anywhere?

Pull 3 times on the FFTA banner that features Marche, Agrias, and Ramza. That's the best banner in a long time.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I just saw the description of the next Crystal Tower on reddit.

:catstare:

This set looks even harder than the current set. Looking forward to spin kicking my phone through a wall.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Hooray for Stop resist!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I got super hype when I saw 5/11

...but less hype when 4 were dupes. :(

Nanaki LMR was the new one. Good thing he's 99 with a few other SBs. Too bad I never use him. :/

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
No regrets on Legend Diving Vivi. I replaced Fujin with Vivi on my Golem team and if RNG is good he does WAY more damage than Fujin ever did. Double cast Meltdown is amazing.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

iamsosmrt posted:

Did you do it without relics? Just curious, what's your damage per hit with meltdown on the various magicite? I'm considering going down that road, but not entirely sure I want to yet.

I have his LMR and BSB but I only use the LMR.

With trance and 2 mag buffs and LMR buff he does about 8500 per hit of Meltdown. That's with max mag gear and Devotion RM. I'm not sure if Attunement 2 would be better for his RM or not. I don't think I'm hitting the mag cap but I haven't done the math yet.

I haven't optimized the team or the run yet. My most reliable way of triggering trance is to just have Edge put up Last Stand and refuse to heal Vivi.

If I get good RNG early in the fight and Golem damage triggers trance it's really fast.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

iamsosmrt posted:

Cool thanks. I have nothing for him, but it might still be worth my while. He's on my bubble now, along with Shelke, but I'm probably just going to try Shelke first, see how much it improves my runs then Vivi after.

Who the gently caress is Shelke?

Seriously though she's one of my next 3 physical LDs. Bartz is probably next although I'm not looking forward to honing all those spellblade abilities.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Philouza posted:

Lucky Draw went 1/11 getting Reno's en-lightning LMR, for whom I have no relics.

Good news is I stumbled upon a sub-30 Golem method. The party if anyone's interested:

Fujin - Faith on Alph, ninja magic until BSB
Shadow - RW, ninja magic, trigger Enkidu when needed.
Alph - Protect, BSB
Vanille - Shell, heal
Cid - MM, BSB, Meltdown

I don't see a Hastega here. :confused:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Yeah a ton of hones, LDs, and good RNG. :(

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Flavahbeast posted:

Ardyn is a healer though

He'll probably have access to white, black, and some sort of swordfighting abilities.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Wow February 13th for Orlandeau? I thought that was supposed to be in January. I'll have a fuckton of mythril by then.

I might just throw a pull at the OK banner then.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Just beat mist dragon for the first time. Yay me.

What's the dark dragon strat for skipping the fang move? I know it involves entrusting Orlandeau OSB but I can't find a full team list anywhere :(

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I just started playing a few days ago. I'm gathering Final Fantasy friends and fighting bad guys!
I didn't think a phone game could be this overwhelming though. There seems to be a lot to work towards.
...and deciding whether or not to blow all this mythril...

Welcome!

Blow all your mythril on the FFTA banner that features Ramza, Agrias, and Marche. Unlock all 3 of those characters in the event and build your A team around them. That banner is the best one we'll see for a while and it has tons of fantastic stuff for new players.

Also join the discord listed in the OP and hang out with us. There's a dedicated new player help channel and we do raids together and give each other team building advice. It's a good discord.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

If you have Cait Sith's BSB, you can cast that right away, entrust Orlandeau, and as long as he crits with his OSB and you have someone else to cast guardbringer or something, you can bypass it. I think you need to do 114k damage within about 10.5 seconds to make him not use it. I know there's some other strats involving legend dived Shelke and probably some others, but basically most of them revolve around getting Orlandeau's OSB to somehow crit for max damage or close enough.

tbh it's way less stressful to just bring someone like Ramza to cast Shout and then eat it, or Shelke to wrath, wrath, entrust then die. As long as you can pick up enough steam to avoid his second Black Fang (which is pretty easy), he doesn't actually throw out that much damage.

I have Cait Sith BSB. Any idea what the rest of the team is?

I have everything for Ramza except Shout2 so I could do that too and I've been considering LDing Shelke anyway.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Found it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5f6DR-HlmQ

Now that I look at it again I don't even think their Shelke is dived, looks like this was done before her dive even became available in global.

It's also a sub-30 clear so if you're just looking to beat it period then you should have a lot of wiggle room.

Thanks!

I probably can't do sub 30 because I don't have Agrias OSB but I can absolutely roll that strat or a variation on it. I just need to hone Guardbringer and I'm cool with doing that.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

That is a good discord and I will join it! And ask dumb questions!

Except for this one here: I don't see that banner though, the FFTA one. :saddowns:

Under Relic Draw it's the 4th one from the top.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Bell_ posted:

A lot of it might come down to who else you have.

I run
Orlandeau - r2 Powerchain, R2 Saint Cross | Truthseeker (Cloud 99 RM) | OSB
Onion Knight - r5 Wrath, r2 Entrust | DMT | N/A ; Shelke is probably a better choice. OK's speed at 99 is 175, and Shelke's is 183 at 93.
LD Agrias - r2 Divine Cross, R4 Guardbringer | Azure Blade (Cecil 99 RM) | USB, OSB, LMR ;You could probably use her BSB and/or substitute Beatrix if you have her SBs
Ramza - r5 Wrath, r2 Entrust | MM | BSB2, LMR ; USB would be a bonus but not mandatory, Can get away with Shout since he's an entrust bot anyways
FF1 Sarah - r4 Protectga, r2 Cureda | Gathering Storm | BSB for Magic Blink ; Wrathin' Rosa could possibly work, but Sarah makes it easy

RW: Wall; Magicite: Endiku

Turn 1 is always Cid using Powerchain, OK entrusting him, Agrias using Divine Cross, Ramza buffing with Boostga and Sarah dropping Wall
Turn 2 Cid uses OSB, OK wraths, Agrias uses Guardbringer, Ramza wraths, Sarah casts Protectga - Fang is pretty much skipped!

From there:
If Cid's SB bar is low, have him use Saint's Cross. If it's very close to filling a bar, use powerchain instead. OSB whenever you can.
OK can entrust even partial bars to Sarah to get her BSB started and she'll keep the party up. Otherwise, SB can be fed to Orlandeau or even Agrias
I have Agrias USB for enholy and knight damage. If I get her extra meter I spend on an OSB, and she usually caps damage late.
Ramza wraths and entrusts. When reapplying the buff, if you have the USB it might be worth using that over boostga because of insta-cast.
Sarah applies mitigation and heals, whether it's Cureda, BSB or using Endiku. Using the BSB medica gives extra staying power on top of the magic blink and she'll generally keep the party out of trouble.

There's a few ways to skin this cat; it's the one I use.

Quoting this so I can find it later. Thanks!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

That is an AWESOME pull for a new player! Congrats!

If you can pull again I recommend doing so. Drain all your mythril on this banner. I'm not kidding.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
My first 6* dollar pull:

Pretty rad since my Edward has his BSB and was the bard I gave Allegro con Moto to.

Not really sure why this is a USB though since it doesn't seem a whole lot better than Papalymo Ley Lines SSB.

I'm not complaining though.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Why would you not use your A team on these? :confused:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Pander posted:

It's like up to dungeon updates from earlier this year you could autobattle your way through anything with anything and then just murder the boss with whoever you selected with just optimized equipment and abilities. MAYBE some mitigation would be required, but not much.

The recent DU elite bosses definitely require thoughtful mitigation (proshellga, wall is good, breakdowns) and hitting weaknesses. They're not A+ level hard imo, but they're definitely harder than most event U/U+ bosses.

I used to just throw in people from that realm for funsies, but for the recent bosses I'd bring cross-realm A-teams depending on the fight.

I used to do the same until like 3 months ago when it became pretty obvious that I couldn't get away with synergy randos anymore.

Now I mercilessly crush them with my top tier nerds.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Want.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
1.8 mil damage on the first test of strength with a wing chain team. I'll take it.

No idea what to bring on the no SB meter version.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

rabidsquid posted:

i have Agrias/TG Cid/Lightning USBs, i recently got the Vivi bsb2. i have wall for Tyro although i never see anyone talk about his dive. people never talk about Agrias either but as it turns out shes my best DPS between the USB/BSB with holy imperil/and legend materia with doublecast on knight abilities.

I know you already said you were going to save but from your list I would say that Lightning, Vanille, and Vivi are your best dives.

Agrias was my first LD and while I don't regret it, her stats and resistances are generally more useful than her chance to imperil, even with her LMR which I have. She hits really loving hard with Guardbringer and can almost always get 3 hits out of it minimum in any dungeon. In the long run you'll probably want to LD her because she works so well alongside Orlandeau and his OSB.

Vanille's probably your best overall LD choice since it's generically useful anywhere and you'll really love those double cast heals in nightmares and magicites and A+ fights and raids.

Vivi is an awesome LD even with no relics as long as you have Meltdown honed to at least R3. Seriously all you need to do is trance him and spam Meltdown to beat a lot of stuff.

Lightning is hilariously OP with her USB and LD. Only drawback is that she's only really good at dealing Lightning damage.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Prav posted:

cloud's usb is boring as poo poo

It is, but it gets most jobs done fairly easily and I'm not the type of person who enjoys beating my head against a wall for extended periods of time.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Diamond Weapon is a huge rear end in a top hat.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Finished Crystal Tower. Took all friggin' day but it's done. I had to go back and get revenge on Yojimbo because he was the only one I didn't master.

I used all the motes to LD Noctis. That's going to be really fun and awesome and I'm looking forward to using his SSB even more frequently than I currently do. It's so good.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I beat Diamond Weapon using Cloud USB, Demonsblood, and that hilarious retaliate strat where everyone else bonks Cloud with multi-hit abilities and he redirects them. That's the only way I could deal enough damage fast enough. My only healing was Enkidu magicite.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

The Moon Monster posted:

How hard are the crystal tower fights? My roster is no where near deep enough to do a full run, but if I can, say, solo the 160 difficulty raids would I be able to beat them one by one?

This is the hardest set of Crystal Tower fights for the foreseeable future. I'm loaded to the gills with good equipment and it took me all day to finish. But like Fister said, they cost you nothing but setup time if you fail.

If you're going to try them, try Diamond Weapon first. It's easily the hardest of the 4. If you can beat that one then you have a shot at the rest.

Good luck!

edit: Oh and get in the discord if you need help!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Well I got Diamond Weapon down basically by sheer luck (had a bunch of abilities queued up and squeaked out the killing blow literally a microsecond before I would have wiped) and took down Yojimbo and Mateus too.

Now I'm stonewalled against Barbaricca of all things, my dragoon options are very limited and aside from Kain's BSB they are all wind-based, which she is resistant to. My only good healing BSB left is Yuna's BSB2, which actually isn't that good at the healing part, and my boostga options are also bad.

Might have to restart and bring my A team to this one, kinda sucks but at least I'd only be losing out on 15 wisdom motes, which I have far and away the most of compared to every other mote (seriously why do I have more than two times as many wisdom motes as spirit).

This crystal tower was...not fun. Every single boss has a really obnoxious gimmick and hits really hard, but the rewards are too good to just skip it. The crystals aren't a huge deal now that we can farm them, though it's still a shitload of them, but gating 5* motes behind these things is pretty cruel.

Barbaricia is the most RNG of all of them so you can just keep retrying until you get good RNG. Kain BSB was like 80% of my damage and everyone else was there to support him. If you have any good mages left you can also just do a mage team against her and bring Kain just for the jump gimmick.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

6EQUJ5 6 7 posted:

Is there a list some place that lists the best dives to invest in? I have a ton of usbs and bsbs.

Sorry for the noob questions. I’ve been playing a year but only casually. I’d really like to be able to beat things that are 130+ in difficulty finally. Pathetic I know.

Here's a survey reddit did about the most common/popular Legend Dives:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/7g4aqn/results_of_who_have_you_legend_dived_so_far_survey

reddit posted:

Who has FFRK Reddit community Legend Dived so far?
The top 20:

Cid Raines takes the top spot slaying Mist Dragons 941 times.

Y'shtola amasses an army of 750 dualcasting wrath kitties.

Cloud Omega Drives his way into third with 709.

Bartz proved he isn't just the butt of butz jokes being dived 690 times.

Ramza Shouts his way into the top five with 442.
Sidenote, this is already less than half of #1.

Lightning was the Goddess for 397 people who think that it can strike twice at least at a moderate chance.

Squall Functioned his way into Conjunction Junction with 381.

Terra followed all the routes as well as moon for 339 of you.

Tidus went To Zanarkand 336 times.

Tyro proved he is worthy of being the keeper with 314.

Shelke Entrusted her way into the hearts of 257 people. Sidenote, we are now at 1/3 of second place. The cliff is starting to drop off rather steeply now.

Vaan took revenge for 234 thieves who couldn't become Ali Ababwa.

Edge was the butz of butt jokes 228 times.

Noctis just couldn't wait to be king and slayed 203 hyenas.

Vanille tried hard to be wrath kitty 184 times.

Celes used up all her 5* motes to craft Lifesiphon with 144.

Shadow tried to help Cid Raines with his dragon slaying but got distracted petting Interceptor 128 times.

Zidane tranced his way into Garnet's opal ruby 110 times.

Agrias got voted "Knight most likely to be waifu" with a score of 106.

Faris took 93 people on a trip to DMV to legally change her name.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Yoooooooooooooooooooo

Congrats. That's super solid.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Fister Roboto posted:

So as I understand it, Squall's BSB2 is actually really good for the commands if you have him fully legend dived. If you can get a dual proc on at least one CMD1 power up, then the overall damage per turn is better than just spamming SSS. Is that accurate?

Yeah it's the #1 reason to LD him. It's real good.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Welp. Definitely throwing at least one pull at the OK banner. I was strictly hoarding for the next Orlandeau banner but this is totally worth at least one yank.

Thanks for the write up!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
It sucks that Omega Drive and Meltdown compete for crystals.

Ugh.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I hate all of you that got good pulls.

I pulled 7 total times, some with mythril and some with gems, and I did not get even 1 single 6*. It was all dupes and a couple new 5* BSBs that were meh.

The biggest victory was getting a couple new reforged relics. :toot:?

Happy New Year goons.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Spikey posted:

In MP he brings in Cagnazzo as his backup and you need eight attacks to break his water shield or else you get hit with a tsunami that can break the damage cap.

So basically you're supposed to solo him?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Edward USB with Mage's Hymn is really cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
First sub 30 ever. It was totally RNG.

• Locked thread