Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
I hope if Luso ever makes it to FFRK he'll get a goofy Auction related SB like Larsa with potions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
5/11 :toot:

Cloud OSB (dupe), Sephiroth BSB1, Sephiroth LMR, Vaan LMR, Serah SSB1 (the AoE Slow)

Lots of relics, but nothing amazing. I have Vaan BSB, but with quickcast on the commands and the longer default duration on Mug Bloodlust, it's not the most useful effect.

Don't have anything else for Sephiroth either except his Sap SSB, but it's a pretty nice LMR once I have some physical Darkness skills honed better. DEF piercing on that BSB isn't bad either for non-elemental damage for omni-resisting bosses.

Serah's SSB1 sucks, but an AoE Slow is useful every once in a while, at least.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Ignis BSB is sort of fun, with two turns he can double a characters physical damage with the crit buffs then provide Instant Casts.

And I guess Ignis USB is to Fire teams as Marche is to physical (Holy/Earth) teams now. The front/back row flexibilty is nice.

And it's not an amazing USB, but Iris gets a cute weapon.

https://cdn-image.pf.dena.com/fa9c327e33426cd5e3dff097aa3feee754c90f9a/1/7c0eb1c5-cdbe-3eb8-91ca-992d661bcc95.png

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
I believe he's confirmed to get Shooter and Thief - the DENA page that has all the relic details specifically mentions Ruby Spark and the new 5* Thief ability from the Locke event, Soul Burn, for using with his USB for back/front row.

Shooter is a little odd when Iris and Prompto have the only ranged weapons for the realm and he's getting dagger and lance relics, so I'm curious to confirm his full skillset and equipment access (not like the abilities need ranged weapons to be good). You do throw spells in XV, so maybe thrown weapon access?

I guess we're waiting on Lunafreya for an XV mage, but if they're making an Episode Ardyn for XV, he'll probably br our next new character.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Does anyone who plays JP happen to know if Vivi's relics come back anytime soon? Especially his USB.

I really want to chase his stuff here but I have 6 dupes on this banner now and that seems like awful odds, especially considering half the banner is solidly meh to begin with.

Freya 2. USB, BSB2 and LMR all return. Two weeks off from Orlandeau if events don't move around too much, if that impacts your Mythril planning. Maybe... 2 and a bit months from now?

Swaps Steiner USB, Eiko BSB/LMR, and the 2 SSBs with Kuja USB (new), OSB, BSB, LMR, Marcus BSB and Amarant BSB.

I'm torn since Quina and Vivi are my favourites, but it's a big back to back Mythril investment to pull on all the banners I want with Orlandeau 1 right before and Freya/Quina/Beatrix on Banner 1. There's also the FF1 banner that has both the holy and dark chain on it.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Dec 8, 2017

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Final report on Ignis:

Equipment:
Dagger, Spears, Thrown, Rod, Staff
Robe, Light Armor, Heavy Armor, Armlets

Abilities:
Black 4, Combat 4, Support 5, Dragoon 3, Thief 5, Sharpshooter 5

RD boosts Shooter damage a bit, LD is completely fire focused.

Got the token 4* Black and 3* Dragoon for flavor, but everything is as predicted. An option for Lifesiphon is nice, and Support 5 too, but he won't be using it too often with his BSB (as it has good commands) or USB (Fire Shooter or Thief skills).

Still think Shooter is weird, but a decent amount of people in this thread complained about dupe Iris Moogles, so here's someone who can use them by setting them on fire.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
I just needed a list for a reference for planning my IX pulls, thought it might help people. Dates are estimates assuming the same event order as Japan with the first few taken from reddit.

• XIII (Dec 14) - Ice Focus with Snow, Noel and Serah // Hope, Sazh USBs
  • XII (Dec 21) - Ashe, Balthier USB, Larsa, Reks BSBs // Meh. Basch, Gabby USB + Vaan BSB
  • VI (Jan 04) - Fire Focus with Locke and Terra // Fire Chain with Strago and Sabin
  • III (Jan 11) - Onion USB, CoDs Party Doom BSB, Ingus's Earth Radiant Shield BSB
  • 0 (Jan 23) - Rem (offensive WHT), Machina (earth spellblade), Deuce // Queen (lightning spellblade), Ace (new OSB) and Nine
  • XIV (Jan 30) - Haurchefant (Cover Knight), Estinien (Wind Dragoon), Alph and Minifilia // Ysayle (Ice Mage & Summoner), Cid, Yda and Papalymo + Y'sh BSB
  • I (Feb 06) - Sarah, Garland, Master USB, Echo BSB2 // Garland and WoL Chains, Matoya USB, Thief BSB
  • T (Feb 13) - Orlandeau, Marche, Alma, Ramza BSB2, LMR // Mustadio, Meliadoul, Agrias USB, Ramza USB, Chant SSB
  • VIII (Feb 20) - Rinoa, Irvine, Fujin USB // Squall, Laguna, Selphie USB, BSB2
  • IX (Feb 27) - Freya, Beatrix, Quina, Zidane // Kuja, Vivi, Garnet
  • V (Mar 06) - Galuf, Dorgaan, Xezat (Ice Spellblade), Kelger (Earth Ninja) // Krile, Exdeath USBs
  • XII (Mar 13) - Vayne, Larsa, Reks, Ashe // Gabranth, Vaan OSB & USB
  • II (Mar 20) - Guy, Minwu new offensive USB, BSB, Maria's Vivi USB clone // Josef, Firion, Gordon
  • 3rd Anniversary - March 26
  • X (Mar 27) - Tidus UOSSB, FSB, Rikku USB2 (Imperil Water), Yuna Summon USB, Healing USB // Seymour USB, Dark Chain, Jecht
  • XIII (Apr 03) - Raines, Nabaat, Vanille, Hope + Noel BSB2 and LMR2 // Fang, Snow, Raines OSB
  • III (Apr 10) - Arc, Ingus, Aria, OK (physical) USB
  • 0 (Apr 17) [Heavy Combat School Introduced] - King (Lightning Machinist), Cinque (Earth Heavy and Realm's Support 5), Rem (first WHT OSB) // Nine, Machina, Queen
  • VI (Apr 24) - Locke UOSSB, FSB, Edgar, Celes // Leo, Terra, Relm + Locke Chain
  • XV (May 1) - Ignis (Fire Sharpshooter/Thief), Iris, Aranea, Noctis

pichupal fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Dec 9, 2017

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Agreed. Went back and edited the post a little to make it a bit more clear.

I just needed a vague idea of what events and banners were close by to each other, and get a baseline guess at what events will fall around 3rd Anniversary since that date is fixed.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Geocities Homepage King posted:

Ugh. Looking at my FF13 equipment while gearing up is making me want to pull on these banners even though I know they aren't any good. My FF13 synergy just sucks so hard.

If CMs help you decide, the XIII Torment is against the first Bart battle but with the Pauldrons/Ailettes resisting everything but lightning, and Bart weak to lightning and neutral to everything else. He uses a 30 second doom in the D300 once the Pauldrons are destroyed.

Banner 1 has Snow's Onion BSB-like, Vanille's BSB Medica and Serah's MAG/MND hastega which makes for a pretty nice banner if you're also missing ice relics and have a good lightning mage to take on Bart.

Banner 2 has Sazh's USB Hastega, ATK/MAG boosting BSB and boostga+Mblink SSB, Lightning relics and Nabaat's reverse wall for mitigation. Not bad with all of Sazh's buffs, but I personally like banner 1 unless you really want Lightning's BSB2 or LMR for Cloud USB RW-ing, or for non-Torment purposes, Sazh's USB for the status blink and Hope's stuff for Holy damage. (We should be getting a 5* holy summon this fest)

Next XIII event is 4 months off focusing on Raines, Nabaat and Fang. Vanille and Noel also get new relics. Banner 1 has two Medicas (Vanille's USB2 and BSB) and Snow's BSB2, along with Raines, Nabaat, Hope and Noel.

Banner 2 is Fang's new stuff, Snow's USB/BSB 1/LMR and a weird mix of relics I don't particularily like, such as including Raines OSB and Vanille LMR 1 despite all their other relics being on Banner 1. It at least has Lightning BSB2/LMR and Sazh BSB/LMR for CM relevant SBs.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Dec 15, 2017

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Quick summary:

Banner 1: Locke CSB, Krile CSB (Expect Locke and Krile LMR to debut as well)

Banner 2: Galuf USB, Bartz USB, Ingus CSB, Tifa Imperil Earth BSB2 (Expect to see Tifa LMR2 to debut as well)

Banner 3: Tidus CSB, Zack CSB, Cloud USB, Kimahri USB (Mentions three other new relics, most likely picked from Yuffie BSB2, Yuffie LMR, Kimahri LMR and/or Zack LMR. Can also be Lenna's BSB2)

Banner 4: Kain CSB, Snow CSB

Banner 5: Seymour CSB, Garland OSB (expect Seymour BSB2, LMR)

That covers everything from Superfest 1 we're missing. The last Superfest 2 relics not mentioned are Lenna's Bar-Ice Medica burst, Shantotto's triple witch LMR and Kefka's Dark (not Poison) OSB and LMR.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Dec 18, 2017

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

iamsosmrt posted:

This is becoming a pointless argument. Yes, Galuf's buff is common, but now you're free to use something else on someone else. And if you're inclined to hone, he'll do good to great damage with the monk abilities. Even better with chain. Is it the best, no, but it's better than a lot of other Earth options.

And as you said, Minfila's USB doesn't do this for magicite. They're just entirely different roles. Both are OK. Neither are ideal targets for planning pulls.

I think it's still a small issue for ATK/MAG and pure MAG.

ATK/MAG buffs contend with Ellara Raider for Magicite, which while can be worked around, does affect team composition - if I don't need to bring Wall or if I just want to pop off a Hastega quicker by having LD Shelke call the RW and Tyro bring the Wall. You can work around it depending on your relics, but always having access to an ATK/MAG Hastega does slightly devalue ATK/MAG buffs compared to other buff suites.

Pure MAG buffs conflict with Memento Mori and Faith. There aren't too many new ones floating around anymore, except for those paired with Quickcasts like Tellah BSB and Rapha USB, but having something that will stack with MM and Faith is certainly better then something that doesn't.

Wrath and ATK buffs have a similar issue, but most people spamming Wrath don't need to do physical DPS, or have the option of Lifesiphon. Excluding you, Freya.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
It's not a bad pull sadly, just an average pull.

:confuoot:

Not a dupe, at least. If I hadn't just honed Curada to R3 this would have been an occasional alternative to Eiko USB or Selphie USB.

I am happy to have a XII Medica that won't be an issue with XII's ridiculous elemental resistances and absorbs. Lookin' at you Penelo BSB1.

I knew I was weak. Not even going to bother not trying to pull on the BSB draw.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
3/11

Vaan BSB (dupe), Desch BSB (dupe), Minfilia BSB (dupe)

Would've been a great pull if they weren't all dupes.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
1/11 - Setzer USB

Nothing amazing, and not great for magicite. But I'm happy to see all these good pulls everyome else is grabbing this Christmas :toot:

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
The new chains all follow the same pattern too.

• Activate Chain (Max counter 150%)
  • ATK or MAG +50%
  • Large (Element) damage boost

And yes, this does mean Garnet's Chain has the first 50% MAG buff since.... Black Mage SB. If you were wondering why they suddenly made Hastega an ability, here's your answer.

Vague banner themes are Holy/Dark/Ellara, Fire, Wind/NE (Noctis, really), Water/Ice, Lightning/Earth (Earth completely represented by 5 Tifa relics and no Earth Chain on the banner)

Quite a few new relics on each banner too, excluding Water/Ice. Noctis's Flash Art is interesting from the standard En-element stacking - Instant 100% HP self-Stoneskin and combat damage up. Ironically, the Cloud/Noctis banner has neither his USB or OSB which benefit from the Stoneskin.

Tifa also gets a monk damage up + cast time buff Flash art, but she also puts a giant dud on her banner in the form of her ancient BSB1. It's an En-earth, at least.

Edit: Ramza might be buffed to Knight 5?

pichupal fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Dec 27, 2017

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
I still don't understand Witch skills taking a damage and cast time penalty, while Machinists are right there covering the same elements (and fire) with their own 6-hit skill that's not only stronger than the Spellblades but also inherently ranged for back row usage.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
This FFIV event almost has me as excited then those fest banners. Pecil's Wall + Medica chase USB and Flash Art skipping the Enholy stacking for a 2000 HP Stock, Decil's actual good Stoneskin gimmick SB compared to Noctis, Palom with a dualcast Black dive and getting the next Black Double USB, and Barbaccia finally bringing us a Wind Black Magic ability other then Meltdown.

Even Fusoya gets a dualcast White AND Black LM2 which would be great with his old SSB, and a Enholy magic burst with Squall styled BSB commands.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

stab posted:

Is there a list of all doublecasts triplecasts in game? Like who do we get it from, regular ol materias or special ones etc.

For LM2 dualcasts:

https://twitter.com/onworld1/status/946287685685014528

And for dualcasts including Legend Materia relics, sorted by ability school and element (Red boxes are LM2s, all others are LMR):
https://twitter.com/onworld1/status/946289413859897344?s=09

If enough people want I can try translating these to make it more readable, I don't think these have an English version floating around.

There are also some Record Materia dualcasts, but they're generally only worth it if you're capping damage without one of the damage boost RMs, or dealing with something like Squall BSB or a chain where you might want the 15% chance to dualcast. I'd personally just aim for the damage ones first, or just Garnet's which has the highest chance among dualcasts RMs.

Here's a list from reddit with some of the best Record Materia. Not all the dualcast RMs have the same % chance to trigger a dualcast so the list here will be useful to figure out which is best.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Dec 29, 2017

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Grozz Nuy posted:

Really wish Kain's legend dive was better, or at least that there were a lightning-element version of Blood of the Wyvern so he could effectively build the chain without needing another bar for his BSB.

We're actually 2 months off getting exactly that with the Freya IX event.

quote:

Cyclone Bolt, 5✭ Dragoon
3x0.70 ST Lightning/Wind ranged physical dmg, self No Air Time 2
Uses Major Lightning/Power/Wind Orbs

pichupal fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Jan 1, 2018

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Well my first run at Fenrir with my new Snow Chain and Squall BSB2 cut my time literally in half, to 32 seconds. Think I'll be able to tweak my setup a bit and get it under 30.

I will say that Fenrir's phys blink always happens at the absolute worst moments, though. Is it triggered at a specific time interval / hp threshold, or is it just sorta random?

Interval and HP, which ever comes first. It'll happen on the third turn, the tenth turn or the turn after dropping below 81% HP, then the 25th turn or the turn after dropping below 41%. Then once every ten turns and if you're still there after 50 turns, once every 5.

Reddit A.I. thread if you want to see more detail.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
My fest was all disappointing. 200 Mythril sunk into Banner 4 and did get some nice stuff, but no Cloud USB or Zack Chain which I was hoping for. Lots of dupes too. I do have BSBs for Yuffie and Edge now, and can't decide which dualcast Ninja I want to go after first (Yuffie with BSB2 and LMR for general use, or Edge with BSB and SSB for better water DPS)

BGrifter posted:

Did the LMR selector banner get datamined on the global client? I might actually grab an iTunes card to be able to select Bartz LMR.

I believe the banner header was datamined and translated, but no other details including date and contents. So there's a decent chance we'll be seeing it, but no guarantee yet.

edit: Found it.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
The monthly luckies for me have always been partially about scratching an itch so I don't do any stupid pulls, but now that I have pretty decent realm synergy in everything and the big SSB pool I might just start skipping them.

I'm considering this one just for XI synergy and a slim chamce at Aphmau USB, Ramza LMR, Rikku USB and Marche USB. Also looking at the opening of the Type-0 and XV realms too since I'm currently weak in those, but it's still 3/4 months off.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
2/11 - Seymour LMR and Lulu's SSB1. Not even the ice+ doll.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

How many pulls are you guys doing? I already have OK's BSB and Refia's USB, so I've got to dodge 2 good dupes. I had budgeted for 3 pulls originally but now with that water banner I think I might only do 2. It sounds like OK's USBs are going to be headliner items on fests for the foreseeable future, so I'm thinking it might be a bad idea to chase them too hard on this banner, but I dunno.

I've got two pulls planned which should leave me with a bit more to save for Orlandeau, Freya and future fests. Planning to stop early if I get either of the USBs or the LMR for OK on the first pull. There was a cool sub 30 strategy for Magicite Ixion that just uses Eiko's USB and Ingus's BSB2 so that would also make it fun to grab.

While I can't comment on fest appearances, the physical USB and his LMR both reappear on the next III banner, trading Refia and CoD out with a focus on Arc, Aria and Ingus. It falls a bit after 3rd Anniversary, I think.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
4/22 - Refia USB, Refia BSB, Ingus BSB2, CoD BSB2

Not bad in a vacuum and no dupes (only dupe going in was Onion BSB), although missing out on all the Onion Knight items makes it dissapointing. At least all of Refia and CoD's stuff doesn't come back in the next III event if I want to try again in a non-event banner.

Saving the rest for either Orlandeau, fests or playing favourites with Freya and Vivi banners.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Been looking at Japanese banners to distract myself from pulling again to chase the OK stuff. Fingers crossed the fest banners are nice, want to have Mythril for future banners and my IX bias.

New FF8 event has a new Ice Chain for Laguna, USB for Squall and Seifer, OSB for Ultimecia, who DENA has decided is a wind mage, and an LMR3 for Seifer, who just got his second with their New Years event.

Laguna's Chain is also on a Bazooka. If you wanted to, you could equip OK with a bazooka.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Yup, since they lack the job mote access.

I think that's the part of the reason they finally released a 5* Wind Quadstrike in Japan's latest fest along with his new Wind stuff. Can't have Cloud keep focusing on Wind without a single target wind ability.

The exception are the Nightmare abilities (Combat, Celerity, Support, Black, White, Summon). Any character who gets access to 5* via Record Dives for those gets automatic access to 6* abilities, assuming you've completed the Nightmares of course.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Striking out on Cloud USB and Zack Chain on the fest banners left me with a nice collection of Water stuff so I won't be risking this banner.

With Japan getting successive FFT, IX and V events coming up before our banners arrive, I'll be looking at those to see if my pulling plans change. Still deciding whether to pull once more on OK.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
What I don't understand is how Ramza's new USB is like a powercreeped USB combining the chase and quickcast, but Agrias's new USB isn't. It really makes it look bad beside Ramza's.

Ramza going full offensive also makes some sense looking at the new Torments - debuff resistance for the hardest difficulty is 100/100/100/90/80/70 based on 0-5 FFT party members, and the AI apparently has a lot of auto-hit status effects that make Affliction Break worthless. So Magicite level stat debuff resistance and a useless Affliction Break means Supports in the new Torments are dead. (Other then Entrusting)

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
I think part of the issue is supports are only sorta useful on a full synergy team - which is probably completely fine for Tactics that had back to back great banners, two Supports and a Dancer, but can be a lot trickier for other realms. The new Torments seem ridiculously hard from what I've heard - or at least designed for powercreeping at least, so I can see Supports shining until you can actually reach the point sub 30 is possible, sort of like how starting off with Magicite setups with two healers were useful.

This does have me more worried about realm synergy though - I'm lacking a Medica for V, XIV and XV; and good SBs on support characters in a few realms too.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Terra BSB2 on the dollar draw. I have all three of her EnFire relics now. Even if I'll never use it over her USB, It's at least nice to have another fire+ armor.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Agrias's new USB sounds considerably worse then her old one. Imperil with a minor imperil after two hits compared to Enholy, Knight damage +30% and ATK/MAG -50%? This seems like a considerable downgrade. I giess the idea is for Agrias to stack Imperil like crazy with her LMR for dualcasts and LM2 for added Imperil chance.

Also, random target entry is fine for the Imperil, but if that chase isn't doing damage I wish they at least made it AoE for multi-target fights.

I do like Montblanc's USB, if only because it's nice to see a support oriented USB that doesn't have a Hastega attached.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

iamsosmrt posted:

I'm betting that within 12 months from now, some 1st gen CSBs might even become selectable.

I mean, it happened in Japan already at triple the cost. The New Years Lucky Bags for Japan were:

• Price of three gem pulls for a 33-pull with random curated USB + Chain SB choice
  • Price of two gem pulls for a 22-pull with USB/LMR combo randomly chosen from Terra, Cloud (USB1/LMR 1), Bartz, Tidus, Lightning
  • Price on a gem pull for an 11-pull with OSB/BSB2 combo randomly chosen from Terra , Cloud, Bartz (BSB3), Tidus, Lightning

I don't think it'll come to Global as we didnt get last years New Years Lucky Bags, but in Japan you could have already payed $90 for a guaranteed choice of Chain.

And this was on top of the BSB, OSB and LMR Dream Selection gem pulls also available.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jan 22, 2018

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
4 dupes - Tidus Chain, Vaan BSB, Squall BSB and Ramza Shout. I'm happy I held off on pulling again on the Onion Knight banner after striking out on OK stuff, I'll definitely throw one pull there at the minimum.

Schwartzcough posted:

Man, only having 3 dupes in OK USBm, Y'sh BSB, and Ramza Shout makes banner 2 really drat appealing. I still want to save for TGC USB banner, but daaaamn. Will they overlap at all?

No luck. Banner 2 supposedly runs between February 2nd to 9th. XIV starts on the 7th, and Tactics only on the 15th. So it overlaps with Banner 1 of the XIV event (Haurchefant/Estinien/Alphinaud/Minfilia USB/BSB/LMR, Haurchefant/Estinien SSB), but not Tactics.

Also if you're still pulling on Dungeon Update Luckies, that falls on the 6th for Mythril planning.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Berserk either has a stronger Attack command attached to it or it increases your ATK, not that it really matters which it is.

So it's technically a positive effect attached to it, but yeah it sucks and I can't think of a worse one right now. Probably intended as a really bad auto-battle RM to get through trash waves in realm dungeons, saving hones with that slightly stronger attack.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jan 30, 2018

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
I like thinking of it as a balanced, dark focused Cloud USB. Obviously worse, but it's still pretty nice. Comparing Cloud to Jecht gives you:

• 5 Wind/Dark hits // 10 Dark/NE Ranged hits
  • Critical = 100% // Critical = 75%
  • Damage +30% // ATK/DEF +30%
  • Damage Overflow // Quick Cast 1, Quick Cast 1 to user when using Dark attacks

Damage boost with Cloud is obviously nicer, but the stat boost is useful if you're not at ATK cap. Quickcast is a bit less interesting then Overflow, but it at least does something if you're not capping damage.

It's also a dark+ Blitzball, so he has a weapon you can staple to him for all content. Not like many other people are looking for Blitzballs, let alone dark boosting ones.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
:toot:

Dollar draw gave me Y'shtola's BSB, and got a 2/11 with Vaan BSB (dupe) and Onion mUSB. Still want to pull for Cloud USB, Onion pUSB and all the LMRs, but 5 dupes is getting pretty high, and getting nothing for Ramza means I'm pretty safe waiting for Orlandeau.

Luckiest I've been for a while, perhaps DENA has noticed me playing Opera Omnia and Fire Emblem more recently.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
3/11 on the Realm Lucky - Cid (VII) USB, Gabranth LMR, Beatrix SSB2

Nice to have another holy boosting armor, and I'm happy that I'm surprisingly still 100% success on getting LMRs for characters I have relics for.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
The Auron/Jecht event is weird. I can't believe they didn't give Braska something new, or even put his USB on the banner. Did we really need an OSB for Auron in the same event they gave him a Support BSB?

ApplesandOranges posted:

(but there are no +Fire ranged weapons).

One day, Lann and Reynn will return. I still want their BSBs, regardless of how dated they are.

Elena also has a fire+ thrower, I think, which is at least more likely to show up again then Lann's BSB. And Irvine and Mustadio's USBs, but that's not Jecht relevant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
KH event... At the same time in Global? I wish I had the Mythril for this banner, it must be breaking our powercreeping like crazy. The bosses will probably be really tough too.

Oh, Riku's just casually using a UOSB in the video, I guess that's the Global debut.

• Locked thread