Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Kawalimus posted:

1/11 Vincent LMR. Aaand its garbage. At least I have two ssbs for him but still this effect sucks lol.
the doublecast fire sucks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Sadly yes, that's why I was kinda happy I pulled Zack's hastega SSB a while back, it means I can drop OK for another DPS character on Jump Starts and rip them up even faster.

Zack's ability pool kinda sucks but at least he can powerchain, or use the 3* wind spellblade to +1 the wind chain. He tends to be dead weight for me after he gets his hastega and chain off, though.
might be worth it to craft Wind Slash for him instead; it's cheap and will build chain faster. Bit weaker but it'll probably cap anyway? Or you can forget the chain and just Powerchain/Full Charge

Also Celerity will be getting a new 5* wind ability at some point which is basically perfect for him

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Aerith's BSB2 might be better for specific content, but Iris BSB is fantastic anywhere. Stick with Iris unless you're against a dark heavy boss, basically

Edit: also Iris BSB is status blink, not magic blink iirc

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

40% heal and instant cast is the 0 ingredient recipe???

EDIT: oh, he starts with 2 ingredients. Missed that

Nihilarian fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Dec 7, 2017

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Also what is the math on this Vivi LMR? I'm guessing it's better than his first legend dive if I'm not casting a fire spell, but how does it compare if I am?
I don't know the numbers but I've heard his LMR is good enough to Legend Dive him by itself? I imagine you want to combine it with fastcasts/instantcasts somehow though

EDIT: it probably combos excellently with the 6* bard ability

Nihilarian fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Dec 8, 2017

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Fister Roboto posted:

You definitely can't ignore SSBs. They're outdated, but a lot of them are still really good, especially ones with party buffs, breaks, or enelements. Red's USB is great, and I'd actually suggest giving Gordon the boot. His USB is... not so great.
Gordon's USB? It's not metawarping but its pretty solid debuffing plus haste and regen. And AoE damage, I guess.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Before the ability buff, Kuja BSB command 1 was like a 4 hit Dark Zone. Now it's just a worse Dark Zone.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

How much effect does the speed stat have on # of turns? If it's a lot then saving all your Crystal Waters for speed is probably going to be The Move.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Squinky v2.0 posted:

Is hope any good? I just pulled his usb and bsb2 in the same 11.
he's fine, and those are pretty good. He'll get better when we get Madeen.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

3 dupes on every banner except 1. That makes my first 50 mythril pretty easy at least :v:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Wait it's Tifa OSB? One less dupe on banner 2 I guess

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Fujin BSB command 1 is just damage, no breaks.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Ashe SSB on the loving medica banner

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I'd rather spend 50 for a shot at the hot new thing than chance snagging a medica SSB and being out 25 mythril for almost nothing. I still don't have any chains yet

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Even if you're good on lightning I'd go for a pull on banner 4, as long as the dupes are manageable.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

The only problem with Kimahri's bsb is that it's on Kimahri

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

numerrik posted:

So I have a hero soul, should I just pop it on whichever dude looks cool?
pop it on a dude you have a thingy for

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

no dupes, my first white mage USB, and a useful ice imperil. Good stuff.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Lulu with USB replaced Edea with BSB on my Fenrir team. It's Good.

EDIT: and that was before the ability rework.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Last pull!

How'd I do? I now gotta figure out how to focus on....
you have a pretty sick holy team so far. Ramza and Celes BSBs are fantastic, and if you're going that deep into holy Agrias BSB is respectable as well. I'd stick with Y'shtola as your healer for now, but Eiko USB is good to have once you have more hones available.

Of course, if you're new, most content can be chumped with OSBs. You can level up Locke for his or you can just RW OSBs and put your favorite character in the 5th slot. Either way, his holy boosting dagger is good to have.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

the only banner I have 0 dupes on lets go

hell yeah first chain + 3 other stuff. Asura Rod is probably just +10 mag but everything else looks usable

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I took waaaay too long to finish CT. Had to go back and refight Mateus to free up Shelke, OK and Y'shtola so I could through them at Diamond Weapon

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Krile Chain was enough to get me to my first sub 30 :toot:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

LornMarkus posted:

Ooo, they finally announced the banners for JP's New Years fest and one of them will be a Holy Chain for Ramza. :getin:
still no holy magic chain?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Don't care much about Tifa's OSB but I'll take Tifa's Guise to use with her USB. BSB seems alright.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Every attack is a quintuple cast if you reset the fight enough

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Dupe book, I got nothing relevant for Zack. Yuffie's Materia is nice though, I got her USB.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Tidal Cagnazzo: hit auto-battle and wait for the music to change, then just loving unload everything on him

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I'm glad I care nothing about the LMRs or I'd consider pulling even with 4 BSB dupes

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

my melee team just got real fast and Shadow joins my list of Ninjas I Should Probably Just LD, alongside Edge with SSB and Yuffie with LMR/USB

I like this

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

6* LD: Yuna USB, Fran USB, Aranea OSB
Banner 1: Krile CSB, Refia USB, Krile BSB, Braska bSB
Banner 2: Tifa OSB/LMR, Ursula BSB
Banner 3: dupe Alphinaud BSB, Yuffie LMR, Zack LMR
Banner 5: Marche USB, 2x Shadow BSB

Only 1 chain, but Marche USB is a pretty good consolation prize

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

uh gently caress off?

Shoenin posted:

figure of speech
extremely gently caress off

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

hell yes. Not sure if I should do a second pull - up to 3 dupes now - but this is definitely the 1/11 I was hoping to see.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

The Moon Monster posted:

I'm set enough for water that I don't think I'm pulling for anything but a chain there. IIRC Yuffie's USB also gives team pblink.
Yuffie's USB does a bunch but pblink is not one of them. Her Gauntlet SSB is her pblink

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

The Moon Monster posted:

You're right, I have both and I guess I was thinking of the USB as being the SSB but better.
it's more closely related to her old SB, Clear Tranquil

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

oof. Might be my worst pull in a while. I suppose I do have her enfire ssb though.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Question: on the screen when you try to enter a dungeon but you have too much stuff in your inventory and it's asking you if you want to spend mythril on slots, what's the option on the bottom? There's equipment, abilities, magicite and then one unlabeled one below them that just has "1/5" and the "Get More Slots" button

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Onion USBs are some goodass bait and they know it, just wait for a better hook

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I use Garnet's SSB2 more often then I use her BSB2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Pretty sure the LD is already over

• Locked thread