Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
2/11 GET REKS (Burst), and also Fang's OSB. Not bad. I could use a XII Hastega.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Silvergun1000 posted:

I just started and from the sounds of it we’re in the midst / close to a lot of good banners. Are there any I should really be planning to save my mithril for?

Well, there are those banners everyone is oohing and ahhing over up above coming out closer to Christmas, but before that are three half off Lucky Banners. They'll have a wider spread of items, but if you're new you don't have to be picky. One of them is a healer banner, and almost any healer burst or even super is a great boost

Also, DON'T loving ROLL ON THE NEWCOMER BANNERS!!

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

4/11

Ovelia SSB (dupe)
Lenna SSB x2 (dupe x2)
Aerith USB (dupe)

Radical!

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

djfooboo posted:

I need to buckle down and tackle the magicite dungeons.

I have three chains: wind, ice, dark
My star player is Butz with USB, Wind BSB, Water BSB

SUPPORT CAST
Cloud: bsb2, OS
Raines: BSB
Agrias: USB, BSB, OS
Squall: BSB2, OS
Refia: USB, BSB

TOOLKIT
Faris: usb1, usb2
Tyro: wall
Onion Kid: vessel of fate
Ramza: shout 2.0
Gladiolus: pep talk
Noctus: SSB insta gib, BSB
Vaan Setzer Lion: reverse wall BSBs

HEALS
Relm: star prism
Yuna: usb, summon strike heal
Mog: love serenade
Eiko: tenants of faith
Rosa: MBlink heal

Halp, what should my team look like to kill one of these so they can all start falling?

Try Fenrir. Enkidu's a great magicite to have, too. Legend Dive Squall if you haven't. Take him, Bartz, Rosa, Onion Boy, and Ramza.

Your options for Onion Lad are an Entrust/Wrath battery to feed Squall or Affliction Break/Quick Hit to neutralize Fenrir's bullshit. Normally I'd recommend feeding meter to whoever has your most powerful burst entry, but Squall's a special case. When he does his burst a second time, he loses his Draw stacks, so casting it constantly might not be the best approach. Either way, have him do Vessel at the start.

Ramza will be an Entrust battery, at least at the start so Squall has meter to prime the pump at the start. You can Shout afterwards if you like.

Rosa can one heal this if your timing's good. Give her Wrath so that she's doing her magic blink heal a lot. You shouldn't need to single target heal.

Bartz can use Snowspell Strike and Frost Strike, and shouldn't need to rely on Soul Breaks at all. He won't beat Squall's DPS, but he can get the job done, especially if he's legend dived.

It'll take a lot of tries before you can get the execution sorted out, but that ought to work. Consider swapping out Onion Fellow for another healer if Rosa can't get the job done by herself.

Don't forget wind resist gear; it helps considerably.

Edit: Oh wait, you have an ice chain. Drop Bartz and use whoever has that. You may want to feed that person meter for the opener damage, but it will reset the chain combo meter.

Sesq fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jan 3, 2018

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

KataraniSword posted:

Also, just like when he was on the FF6 event, :siren::siren:REMEMBER TO APPLY BREAKS TO ULTIMA WEAPON BEFORE HE HITS 70%.:siren::siren:

I'm pretty glad I brought Yuna's USB to that fight.

Also, keep everyone in the front row in the Deathguise fight.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I got Maliris down. 32 seconds flat, even!

Here's my (admittedly pretty ridiculous) team, all of them legend dived

Tidus (USB, CSB, OSB, LMR, SSB)
Bartz (USB, OSB, BSB2, BSB3, SSB)
Onion Guy (pUSB, BSB, LMR)
Shelke (bein' Shelke)
Y'shtola(BSB)

I fed Tidus and Bartz two meters each towards the start. Tidus used Chain then Ultra, then used Sapphire Shot until the chain needed refreshing. Bartz used Woke Water then Ultra and used Engulfing Quadstrike until his thing needed refreshing.

After things got established, I started feeding all my meter to Y'shtola because Maliris gets a lot nastier at low health. I used Asylum three times in a row at the end.

I've done the fight three times now, got a King Bomb every time. A level 65 4* appears to be about the save level as an 80-99 3*

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Speaking of Refia, is she viable at all in the Isgebind fight? I've got a smattering of solid fire mages, but none are close to how great Refia's been working out for me. Best ranged weapon I've got for her is Amarant's old SSB.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Jiminy Christmas. I have nine dupes on that second banner, but if you're a newer player or just plain don't have a lot of those, that's the banner to pull on.

I'm having trouble healing through the 4* Magicites as well. I have a legend dived Y'shtola; she gets me through all the 3* ones as well as Maliris, but can't do it with any of the others. Even two healing them seems too much, and my second healer is a legend dived USB Eiko. I've gotten through Isgebind that way, and it's barely a sub-minute run. I haven't really made it lower than 25% on any of the others, but I'm not trying again until the new month.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Disco Dollah Dark Chain!

Don't always never pull

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

By my count, I've got 102 MC3s used, 8 I haven't used, plus Riku and Sora, who aren't in the Hall of Rites. As far as I know, I've gotten every MC3 available, including the recent dungeon revamp compensation.

Edit I think I need 73 more to get every one left to 99, if I'm counting right. That ought to take a couple more years at this rate, given more characters being added in that time.

Sesq fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Mar 2, 2018

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I did good. I did real good.

I got an SSB for Nabaat and a dupe Vanille USB

Great times are now had by all.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Ramza Unsung Hero BSB. I'm surprised I didn't have one already.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Dupe Veil of Wiyu. Womp womp

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

gently caress! I love FF5 and I love the deep cut Dawn Warriors and I would really love having earth and ice boosting gear! Guess I have to do three 11 pulls on this banner, right before Anniversary Fest!

3/11 Xezat LMR, Galuf LMR, Xezat BSB: Yay, good ice boosting gear!
1/11 Galuf USB: Oof, not the best USB I've seen, and the only earth guys who can use hammers are him and Dingus
2/11 Xezat LMR, Kelger USB: Earth sword, and this makes him a pretty high-tier Earth/Wind ninja

I got Eiko's LMR from the 3 pull. I already had her legend dived, so this is super duper

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

T: Ramza BSB1
14: Alphinaud BSB (Dupe)
13: Cid Raines SSB
12: Basch USB
11: Shanttoto SSB (Dupe)
10: Seymour LMR
9: Eiko LMR
8: Zell BSB (Dupe)
7: Shelke LMR

It's fine. I guess. Basch's USB seems nice, but he's not going to be better than Agrias or TG Cid for me. I have Eiko's USB and have her legend dived, so that LMR is a big help that solidifies her place as a top healer. More 6 stars would be nice.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I got an LMR for Celes. I don't have anything for her but her Runic SSB. But I did get an Exdeath USB from the dollar pull!

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Oh, how about that! I got Sheepsong finally... after getting Krile's BSB, OSB, and Chain.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I have Bartz's USB plus water and earth BSBs. I just want to pull hard on the fire and wind ones, even though I know it's a bad idea.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I got a Refia LMR. Once again, I have a complete Refia. Nice!

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I've only got a burst and I think a super for Red, and I wound up using him in the Latest Crystal Tower.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

T: Ramza BSB
14: Alphinaud BSB (Dupe)
13: Cid SSB
12: Basch USB
11: Shantotto SSB (Dupe)
10: Seymour LMR
9: Eiko LMR
8: Zell BSB (Dupe)
7: Shelke LMR
6: Celes LMR
5: Krile SSB
4: Rydia OSB (Dupe)
3: Refia LMR
2: Firion OSB, Emperor USB
1: WoL BSB (Dupe)

5 dupes, 4 6-stars, some good LMRs. Not a bad haul.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

1/11 Matoya BSB. It's fine.

Of course, I'm not making a selection until the 33 pull, but I'm wondering what the best choice for me is. Here's the standouts. Anything else that's good I already have, like Papalymo's BSB, etc.

VI: This is older stuff for Celes, but I have her Runic SSB and LMR. This could help get her into shape, but probably not enough. I did recently get Exdeath's Grand Cross USB.

VIII: Quistis is the best, but I never got her BSB. This would make her complete, but it's still not a rational decision.

XIII: I have everything for Lightning except her OSB and LMR. I could never get her to do meaningful damage with her USB against Kraken, and I'm not sure why. OSB spamming would help, I assume.

XV: I don't have anything for Noctis, or Iris, really. I could use some XV synergy. This stuff is good, right?

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Yeah, you don't need to pick until the banner goes away. And you should not pick until tomorrow at least for the 33 pull. Looks like you've got about three weeks. I don't think any of this stuff appears on the fest banners?

Sesq fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Mar 25, 2018

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

11/66
Jecht OSB
Ashe USB
Vivi BSB (Gravity Rod)
Matoya BSB (Dupe)
Noctis BSB
Jecht SSB
Cid Raines SSB
Leo SSB
Vaan SSB
Nabaat SSB (Dupe)
Urusula SSB

That USB looks pretty good. Reason enough to legend dive Ashe, plus hone Chain Thundaga to rank 5.

So basically what I'm thinking about for the selection is either Lightning's OSB (I have her good SSB, both BSBs, and her USB) or Noctis's OSB (I have his BSB and that's it). Are the added effects on the Noctis OSB worth it?

Edit: Or maybe get that Ayame one. I have Overstrikes for every element except Ice.

Sesq fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Mar 25, 2018

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

1st AD posted:

Free draw: 3/33 - Ayame OSB, Agrias SSB1 (dupe), Red XIII SSB1 (dupe)

Mythril - 3/33 - Snow USB, Agrias BSB (dupe), Shantotto SSB (dupe)

Present Relic Draw 1/11 - Eiko SSB1 + FFIII set (no dupes there :woop:

Didn’t get a ton of good stuff, but at least I have 2 relics for Luneth now

The Luneth stuff is nice, but don't sleep on that Arc SSB. It's one of the best, if not the best, healer SSBs in the game, and it's reason enough for Arc to heal the Ixion magicite fight.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I went in a couple times. The dupes for me on this banner were every burst, but that's it.

3/11 Lightning AOSBx2, Rinoa BSB (Dupe)
1/11 Rinoa Chain

That'll do. With 3 out of 4 good items being 6-stars, I oughtn't to push my luck any more. With already having Lightning and Ashe's USBs, I was really hoping to get on the Kain Chain Pain Train.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Because I'm some kind of stupid moron, I gave myself this deal for Banner 4. I have Bartz's USB, Water BSB, and Earth BSB. One pull on Banner 4, and if I get Bartz's Wind BSB, I chase the Fire BSB until I realize what a bad idea it is.

1/11 Zack CSB

I guess that's fine too. I guess......

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Speaking of farming 4 star magicite, I've got a complete set of level 99 4 star magicites, but I'm unsure what I need to be shooting for for inheritance. Should I just wait for the dark and holy ones first?

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Is anyone getting this problem in the Android client? I can't seem to google it. Fairly often for maybe the past week, I've been getting this error message, "You've been logged out. Please log in again to continue playing.", and then it dumps be back to the title screen. It seems to happen regularly when I assemble a team from my favorites.

vvvvv Hmmmm, I'm not using an emulator or another phone or anything. Weird.

Sesq fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Apr 11, 2018

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Criminy. I can not master this last Cloud of Darkness fight. I can only lose two medals, and I'm losing one for Actions Taken even after doing a sub-30 run. I'm even avoiding healing at the end to avoid doing extra actions.

Edit: I got it. I really had to cut back on the healing for it!

Sesq fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Apr 13, 2018

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

1/11 Squall AOSB

Hooray!

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Okay, I did a smart thing and pulled on the Dream Burst banner. I managed to get a Snow Chain!

So I want to make my selection, and I'm down to a few choices:

Shadow, a good burst I don't have already, and a good guy to legend dive. My dark team is fairly stacked though, and I have stuff for Edge and Kelger for my ninja needs.
Reynn, an unintuitive choice, but she has a thrown magic weapon with ice boost that doesn't require synergy that would work great for Edea or Rinoa. Reynn by herself isn't great (for now, at least)
Water magic, for Gogo V or Strago. My current water team is phenomenal with Tidus and Bartz alone, but what if I need water magic for those 5* star magicites down the road?

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

saltylopez posted:

Yeah that combined with soul breaks and certain abilities temporarily removing the UI during their animations is a pretty good complaint.

The ol' Down Low, Too Slow

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

The problem with the realm banners is that the ratio of good stuff to crap is too low. There's nice stuff on the FF8 banner to be sure, but fishing for a specific piece of gear is a fool's errand. The 15 and Type-0 banners are somewhat of an exception since the realms are new and have a smaller and less out of date spread.

If you have a solid ice team, you may want to try a different element. Making a strong team stronger is nice, but specialization only gets you so far. The holy banner has some top shelf stuff on it, though holy stuff is generally easier to come by

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Elephant Ambush posted:

I'm gonna tackle the Crystal Tower today. This one seems a lot easier than the previous two. Any pitfalls I should watch out for?

I think Cerberus is the tricky one to deal with. He'll getcha with the status ailments (including an AOE Berserk), and if not, there's still a lot of bursty magic damage to deal with.

Twintania's tough, but straightforward. The faster you can beat him, the better.

The others aren't anything special, but still prepare for them like they're 220 fights.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Ya know what? I've gotten a bunch of surprise bonus mythril lately. I'm pulling on a Newcomer banner. Worst case, I'm a cautionary tale.

Edit: 1/11 Snow super. What a goddam chump I am

Sesq fucked around with this message at 20:34 on May 25, 2018

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

DeadButDelicious posted:

Did you not read the OP? Even the first line of the OP?

I'm a day 1 player, so I didn't think it applied to me! It was half-off! Gotta pull when it's half-off! I figured it would drop more Lightning gear in my lap like the game likes to do!

Don't pull on the Newcomer banners

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I'm sour, but I shouldn't be. I got an Iris LMR on the dollar pull and did two 11 pulls

1/11 Noctis SSB
1/11 Iris LMR (dupe, of course)

Those are two great relics to have, but ehhhh, wish I could have done better

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

SSBs for Gordo and Sazh. Both of them dupes. Oof oof oof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

This is how I've been doing. Pretty strong start, but hasn't been great since

T: Marach USB
14: Thancred BSB(dupe)
13: Noel LMR
12: Ashe USB (dupe)
11: Aphmau SSB (dupe)
10: Yuna USB (dupe)
9: Zidane SSB
8: Selphie SSB (dupe)
7: Rude SSB
6: Sabin SSB
5: Bartz SSB (dupe, like my eighth one)

My wife got Xezat's USB ice boosting sword. It's bullshit.

• Locked thread