Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
When are we getting that new story mode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

drat that sucks. Looks interesting

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Got dupe cloud OSB and gabranth USB so not bad for a lucky draw I guess

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I got Edwards bsb and cait siths bsb in todays lucky draw :confuoot:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Edward BSB is legit still a really good burst in the ability era. Imperil Holy + 50% ATK on entry makes Edward a prime candidate for the support slot in a holy party. Plus he's got dual break commands (ATK/DEF and MAG/RES) that stack with Full Break and Breakdowns and hit Holy to smack that weakness he just made. The only thing is you do need to supply a hastega from somewhere else and there is the self-sap on his commands but they are mostly just a mild inconvenience at most.

Hmm yeah actually I can make that work

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Merry Christmas record keeper goons

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I got Mogs USB and Fangs OSB

Mogs USB looks really good but kinda difficult to slot in on what is essentially a healer character??

Maybe better as an RW?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

1/11 ace bsb.... 😑

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I got bartz usb (woo) guy bsb (yeah) maria bsb (dupe)

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I finally got around to doing the curada and omega drive nightmare dungeons and immediately honed them both up to r2

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Really not sure whether to pull on this banner or not. I wasn't planning on pulling but that was before I got Bartz USB last phase and a water or wind chain would go very nicely with that. Only problem is a few dupes I have namely Cloud USB and BSB and Zack BSB...

What to do..? 🤔 I have 200 mythril and was planning a pull on Phase 4 but not 5 and also saving for things down the line

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I pulled. Got Bartz BSB and Alphinaud Bsb. Ehhh.. at least neither are dupes. Was secretly hoping for edge bsb but oh well

On a different note Bartz USB is insane and its so nice to finally be able to get 4* motes consistently. Gonna start being able to dive so many more characters. Now if only I could get my hands on some 5* motes...

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Do status resistances stack? I've been legend diving yshitola and shes got a minor silence resistance node and a moderate silence resistance node - do these stack or does the greater effect overwrite the lesser one? What happens if I equip her with a silence resist accessory?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Does element boosting equipment stack?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

So I have never attempted any torment dungeon cuz im a filthy casual and figured they were a bit beyond me but after collecting a few toys from this fest and the last decided to give it a go and after tearing through the 200 and 250 dungeons of the ff1 torment I tried the 300 with this team

and the boss just melted.

Was a bit worried going in without a wall but really wanted to try with my only decent ff1 character for the extra motes and it turns out that a wall was completely unnecessary as I hardly took any damage at all. Only BSBs on everyone; no USBs. Didn't use any abilities either outside of full break, magic breakdown, and banishing strike; just bsb commands.

Are all 300 jump starts this easy? Really want to start collecting 5* motes so I can dive some ppl

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Beat the 200 FFT torment but struggling on the 250. Just too much damage and struggling to keep wall up and everyone healed. Using yshitola for wall and heals might be too much for her to do idk :/

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Cowcaster posted:

yeah the barrier from keeping me from completing any of the higher tier content isn't so much capability (i assume) as it is the necessary amount of tedium/time investment to get through any of it. if i've got 15 minutes of time or more to spend playing a videogame i've got a million other things i'd rather be playing than the gachapon phone game i use for my daily commute

that daily commute is usually just barely enough to complete the weekly event up to the penultimate difficulty and so the torments and the nightmare dungeons and the elite dungeons and the daily dungeons all remain mostly untouched

Yeah that was mostly my reasoning as well but now there's an easy way to come by 4* motes and some decent pulls I've been spurred on to try the harder content and try to dive some folks.

It was only the other week that I finally did the omega drive and curada nightmare dungeons :)

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Keep getting a connection error trying to load the main screen from the title screen. Tried on both wifi and mobile network, tried closing the app, restarting the phone, still won't load.

Anybody got any ideas?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

That Valigarmanda rebirth fight was really fun once you know the gimmick. Ace and Aphmau were two characters I've never used before

Exdeath USB
Ace BSB
Rikku USB
Aphmau BSB
Tyro SG

RW: Mog USB

Could've made shorter work of it too if I had put chain firaga on Ace since Exdeath's runic kept meltdown topped up. Aphmau ended up contributing a decent amount of damage with his BSB too.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I wish I had good terra relics

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

These jump start fights are fun. What's the general strategy for the chadarnook fight? I've got lockes bsb which I hear it's really good for it

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Attestant posted:

NZT had this to say a few days ago:

Thanks. Managed to beat it after a few tries cuz i kept having a guy drop before I could get mitigation up but once I was up and running he died rather quickly all things considered

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Shoenin posted:

RK's rates made me ragequit once, but RK's gacha is basically a philanthropist compared to the triple layer gacha bullshit of FEH's.
Exvius' is honestly better in my experience as well, and thats saying something cause Exvius' is jewery bullshit incarnate.

lmao holy poo poo

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

This announced change is way more important than any new 6* abilities or wardrobe records:

New Hall of Rites Growth Eggs Trading System
In late January, there will be an update to the Hall of Rites where you can now trade in excess Memory Crystal lodes to Growth Eggs in multiple amounts!

Wtf I literally just spent an agonising amount of time doing this the other week

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Randabis posted:

Oh and I finally got r3 curada and Omega drive! 8 and 6 casts rocks and makes Vanille and Iris with LMR/LD powerhouse healers. Dualcast white is really strong.

Do dualcast LMs use an extra ability charge when dualcast procs?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Im going to do one pull cuz i only ever do one pull on any given banner

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

So I wasn't gonna pull on this banner at all cuz ive never chased after OK relics, idk i think his gimmicky nature just kinda put me off even though I've managed to secure a few of his things incidentally (OSB, SSB) but in commemoration of the first banner with no SSBs and the hope of maybe picking up something for refia, I made a single pull

Where do I get onion motes again???

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

thank you for continuing to support the rest of us who play completely for free

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

swapping USB onion knight in for USB luneth dropped like nearly 4 seconds off my wisdom mote dungeon time

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Really want that edge USB but I've already got tidus USB and Bartz usb for epic water damage so think I'll skip it this time

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Stop it youre convincing me

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Ugh. Still can't beat FFT 250 torment even with OK pUSB :(

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Do you have Agrias' or Beatrix's BSB? They kind of trivialize the fight.

FruitPunchSamurai posted:

If you have any AoE holy SB, it should do some pretty good work in that fight. I used Orlandeau SSB for it, and 3 sb bars of it built up from trash take care of the extra minions pretty handily.

Lol. I finally did it despite Cid Raines dropping fairly early and Agrias getting petrified towards the end leaving OK and Tyro as my only damage dealers. OK pUSB + Cloud USB RW on Agrias with her BSB was definitely the way to go but only after reading your posts did I remember that I also have Beatrix's BSB which would have made things a lot easier lol oh well. I'll put her in for the 300.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

And the FFT 300 torment is down. It took the combined powers of Agrias, Ramza, and Beatrix BSBs and it was a bit hairy toward the end but managed to master it too. And the sweet sweet victory motes meant I was finally able to complete my first legend dives for Bartz and OK 👌 😋 🆗

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Urrghh really don't know what to do with this banner. Really want Bartz LMR but that's the only thing I really want on this banner. Have three dupes including tidus USB hmmm 🤔

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Oh nvm then. I think someone upthread said it was an improvement.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Since I've finally able to collect 5* motes at a decent rate now and have a fully dived OK, Bartz, and Yshitola, I'm wondering who I should dive next??? My most used/useful characters are:

Agrias (half dived already but only have her BSB and two SSBs)
Celes (BSB2)
Rikku (USB, BSB)
Cloud (USB, BSB2)
Exdeath (USB, BSB)
Luneth (USB, BSB)
Cid Raines (BSB)
Tidus (USB, OSB)
Squall (USB)
Snow (CSB, BSB)
Lulu (USB)
Noctis (USB)
And a few other BSB-only people that get used a lot like Refia, Zell, Maria, Kain, Locke, and Ashe

Leaning toward Tidus cuz i think i could nearly complete his dive already and then maybe Cid Raines as they don't compete for motes. Cloud and Rikku look like good choices but I don't actually use them much and tend to RW their USBs instead. It's a hard decision!!! 😀

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Thanks for all the advice on various things!

FF9 300 torment down and now I've got a fully dived Tidus w/ wrecking ball!

Maybe I should finish my last couple nightmares and finally open up the magicites...

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Ive just done my first magicite dungeon and lol wtf is all this poo poo and how does it work????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I beat liquid flame just under 30s, although am I correct that there are three tiers of difficulty and that was just the first one?

I was more asking about how the main magicite and sub magicite works and what I want to build toward as far as those things are concerned

• Locked thread