Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Randabis
Apr 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Nice new OP. Be sure to include a section about record materia since those are really important such as Dr mog and mako might (you might have and I didn't notice).

I have done either 3 or 4 pulls on FFTA and have ended up with 2 Agrias USBs and dupe BSB, Ramza's USB and some SSB dupes, Marche BSB and SSB, and Melladoul BSB.

I'm thinking about one more shot but I only really need Marche USB and Ramza's LMR since I have OG shout already so I should probably just wait for TG Cid's banner.

Is Melladoul BSB any good? It doesn't look like it to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Yeah I could see it being more useful to newer players but my warchest already covers everything it does on better characters. Oh well they'll just stay level 1 longer.

E: Yeah it's stacking attack debuffs which are good for anything besides magicite, but for me I'm already well covered on debuffing so it's not a thing that will be very useful to me. I'll play with it a little some time when I get my egg supply back up.

Randabis fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Dec 3, 2017

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
I ended up with Vanille USB which is nice since I have her full dived and have her BSB. This makes her about on par with Iris BSB+LMR which has been my main healer lately. I also got a dupe Barret BSB which won't see any use.

Other things I got done is my first magicite dungeon (sea lion) and I even sub 60'd it. I used an entrust strategy with Edea BSB as my main DPS. I forget to screenshot stuff but it felt good.

The game's been good to me even amongst the trash relics I get. poo poo river's been having lots of golden nuggets floating around.

Randabis fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Dec 6, 2017

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Re: Iris
CMD 1 is generally better to use especially if you have her LMR. I use her for about 80% of the game's content at this point with Vanille Rosa and Eiko as pinch hitters. I have other healers with various relics but they really on get used if I'm trying a Cid's mission.

She shits out heals fast with TG mode on which helps get her going faster since she doesn't have wrath. Honestly it's getting hard for me to juggle commands with wrath healers like Rosa on harder fights and survive better with my healers that can dualcast

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
I'm up to 193 stamina now which rocks and almost back up to 250 mythril. Now I gotta start farming magicites again after my first snowlion kill. There's just so much poo poo to do now haha.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
I used cloud aerith and sephiroth with OK and Tyro for the 300 jumpstart CM and rw'd Zack's chain. Cloud did the heavy lifting here even though I didn't get many doublecast procs. Onion threw a few meltdowns and sephiroth mainly just spammed his SSB and death throes/reaping scythe since that's about all I have for physical dark. Tyro just magic break danced and silenced the souls.

It was very straightforward and he went down pretty quick.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Think I'm gonna just pussy out on this crystal tower and A team everything cause these fights are too frustrating with the characters I have left after killing diamond weapon.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
I wonder if they are gonna give us anything for the jumpstart being broken. I'm one of the people who can't unlock it. ;)

Where's the 6 mythril as well...I must have missed where it says when we get it.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Yeah and with all those really bad/useless SSBs on the healer banner if you already have a few good healers it looks like a waste of a pull that could go towards better things.

If you've been playing at least a year or longer and took advantage of all the renewal dungeon mythril you likely don't really need to pull on anything but the 6* banner because you'll likely get something useful on that one. The BSB one is also possibly a good pull, but I might skip it too because the only BSBs I'd like are ones with either an en-element or does something good on entry or on the commands.

Newer players with the mythril to spare should pull though absolutely on everything. There are a lot of possible game changers for them available among the trash.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Just got Ashe USB on the dollar pull. I have her BSB too. I'm thinking this is pretty awesome for my lightning game?

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Yeah need orbs and drat 4 star wisdom and vitality motes to really make her shine. It'll be great once I get those.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Personally it's the other fights on the CT that are keeping me from trying to complete it again. The fights suck and are not fun.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
That outcome is why I won't pull on this one.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
2/11 Vivi enfire and another stupid Barret gunarm. I should have resisted but oh well Vivi will help my fire game.

Looking forward to Tyro OSB/11 tomorrow.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
1/11 Rydia OSB dupe... Dena being scrooge McDuck this year.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
I feel like Dena gave a lot of us socks for Christmas.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
I did two pulls...

1/11 Cloud BSB2 dupe
5/11 Tidus CSB Zack CSB Kimahri USB (why is this a USB) 2x Zack LMR

I am happy with that... I now have Earth Water and Wind chains and can get Cloud's USB to do sick damage without needing to cast shout and chant or RWing the chain.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
On the other hand it is great having it when you don't wanna deal with a fight's bullshit and can just overcome it with sheer force. It's gonna be even better now that I have Zack's chain. I'm working on getting him and Tidus all leveled up and Tidus will likely get a dive when I can.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
I decided to pull twice and went 2/22... lightning USB and BSB2... that's cool and good but I've been pulling for chains. At least I'll end the fest with 3 new and good chains. I have enough to pull on 5 but I'm saving for onion knight since holy and dark are already really strong for me without chains.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
If you have good offenses but need better buffs and support then it looks pretty good but banner 4 and 5 might be better. It all just depends on what you have and what you need to clear content.

But yeah probably just save mythril for onion banner.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
That's an epic pull there congratulations!

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
The FFRK Reddit also has a discord server that is very good and you can get teams together in their multiplayer lobby. Use goon discord first though cause playing with goons is the best.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
I think I need the mage one more but will take either. I have cloud USB Zack chain OK BSB ramza USB but being able to add diversity for some setups by taking fewer of these guys to add other stuff like tidus chain against water weak stuff will help.

Vanille tyro Zack cloud ramza/ok/whoever already can clear a lot of content pretty effortlessly.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Almost have shelke dived for entrust battery shenanigans. I just need like 20 bravery motes. She'll be a good alternative to Tyro with LMR for content where I don't need native wall or Ramza when I'm taking Zack and Cloud with a RW Rikku USB.

I really need some more spirit and wisdom motes too because my next dives are probably Vivi and Rydia for dualcast summons or that trance.

Oh and I finally got r3 curada and Omega drive! 8 and 6 casts rocks and makes Vanille and Iris with LMR/LD powerhouse healers. Dualcast white is really strong.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

fridge corn posted:

Do dualcast LMs use an extra ability charge when dualcast procs?

Vanille's LD and Iris' LMR do not use an extra charge.

Stuff like Shantotto's USB does use an extra charge on witch abilities.

It's kinda a shame that I dived her because I ended up getting Ashe's USB and dived her because her dualcast lightning also does not use an extra charge so she shits out lightning damage with the chase proc. I could use them together but I also have a dived Lightning with her USB BSB2 and OSB so the only thing I would need Shantotto for is casting her chain if I ever pull it.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
1/11 Rapha BSB...I don't really need this but it's not a dupe...

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
I pulled twice and went 3/22 OK pUSB OK LMR and Refia LMR. Wish I would have got the sUSB too but this is still awesome except I've always used OK as a sage with his BSB. Getting the LMR rocks though since I also have Tyro's that does the same thing.

Refia also has her BSB so this is great for 100 mythril. I have a lot of farming to do now over time to get more abilities honed up and I need motes to LD OK.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Ok with pUSB and LMR is comparable at least if you start the fight with the USB.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Anybody have a strategy/advice for the ??? Boss on this crystal tower? First attempt on him was a wash. Do I just need to break the hell out of him?

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
I know screen real estate is an issue, but it'd be nice to have actual timers on some of this poo poo. Or at least have all fights have a timer that could be toggled on and off. It's just too difficult sometimes to keep track of all these buffs/ex modes/etc. once you have a bunch of your team all juggling all these USBs n'stuff.

I have a lot of the top prizes on banner 2, including Tidus CSB, Cloud USB, OK pUSB, Tidus and OK LMRs, and then the lesser prizes of Vaan BSB and Ramza SSB1. I'm still debating a pull though because OK mUSB would be awesome to have, Squall BSB2 is something I've been trying to get, and the other things on there would just be nice to have.

Banner 1 should be a pull since the only thing I have on it is Kefka's BSB2, but my go to dark users are dived Raines, dived Shadow with BSB (wish I could get his USB, but I don't think it ever comes back), and CoD USB/BSB1.

TG Cid's banner makes this a tough choice with only having 100 mythril right now...

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
That crap SSB is all I have for Steiner. Debating on pulling on the lucky. It's probably just a waste at this point for me.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I pulled on this LD thinking that it was going to be yet again junk:

I have Shadow's BSB and he's lvl 99. I don't think he's fully dived though. I guess I should fix that?

So jealous right now. I have been chasing his USB for a while. It's basically the dark version of Edge's water USB. I would absolutely dive him for dualcast ninja. I did it with only the BSB and have no regrets.

I pulled on this just for a chance at it, got 1/11 Cloud OSB. Not what I wanted but since I have BSB2 and USB plus Zack CSB it will be useful for enwinded chained OSB spam with my entrust bots like shelke/ok/Tyro/Ramza. Wish it was ns wind boost but oh well.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
I loving hate golem and can't figure out how to beat him...I have what could be a very strong physical wind team with Zack chain cloud USB/OSB/BSB2 zidane USB/OSB/SSB (the bad one) and also have fuijin with OSB/BSB/SSB. Entrust botting cloud isn't working and I can't seem to get fuijin to do very much damage with a ninja mage setup. I know I can do this but nothing I can think of can manage to do enough damage so far. I haven't been able to sidestep earthen wall which is the problem with physical...

I could maybe just go full mage/ninja mage. I just want completion/mastery so I can unlock the other 2.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

ApplesandOranges posted:

Are you Dispelling his Protect?

Also, I think you should be able to burst him down by Entrusting to Fujin; setup a Chain, have her get her Enwind SSB up, and then spam Meltdown (or Gathering Storm) in between OSB casts.

I'll give that a shot to both. Maybe also I could bring Yuna BSB for a faithga that could stack with onion BSB. I know I can do this just frustrated. ;)

E: I feel dumb. All it took was dispelling protect and I did it in 54 seconds with bad RNG using Cloud and Zack with shelke entrusting.

Randabis fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Feb 8, 2018

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Sub 30 on mist dragon with Vanille, Raines, Onion, Shelke, and Shadow. All are full dived except Onion, and only BSBs used except Onion pUSB. Onion also has his LMR which is key to getting buffs up.

Feels good to steamroll this one, and I should be able to get Shadow dragon down too since I have TGC OSB and everything I need for the 2 cid strategies.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
All 3 star magicites down sub 60 or better. Now to work on consistent sub 30s and then attempting 4 stars...feels good to be putting all these nice relics I have to use.

DENA needs to throw us a bone on spirit motes though...it's ridiculous how hard they are to get compared to the others.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Short for party-wide MAG buffs. They stack when they are attached to a different buff, like ATK/MAG and MAG/MND will stack together.

Man grinding RMs sucks. I'm trying to get devotion, sephiroth's katana boost and edge's ninja boost right now grinding a 1 stamina dungeon over and over.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
I've been doing both. I grinded out a bunch of wind orbs earlier and just decided to try and grind a bit more.

The 1 stamina dungeon I'm doing is 3 waves, 2nd dungeon in FF7. I'm just repeating the same floor over and over.

E: devotion just dropped. ;)

Randabis fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Feb 12, 2018

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Sadly I struck out on the god banner other than getting some kit for Alma (BSB/LMR) while my other crap was another Cid OSB sword which I combined and more Marche BSB dupes which I also combined since I have so much tactics crap. I'm not bitter though since Alma's stuff is good and she'll be another solid healer after I get spirit motes to dive her.

The best thing though is that I got Cid dived and even though I don't have his LMR or USB being able to instacast his OSB from the get go on my holy murder squad for Shadow dragon is giving me consistent sub 30s and I don't have to worry about black fang either so no need to sacrifice OK anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Dollar pull gave me Sora USB so I decided to take my chances on the half price pull.

1/11 Sora fire glint

That's pretty hilarious but at least it gives an enfire to help give some more damage on the quadstrikes and chases. I would really like that LMR though. Another pull is very tempting since we may never see these again (I doubt this honestly) but we need spellblade motes and/or an ice quadstrike for this to be as useful to me since I gave snowspell to celes and stupidly used all of them on her way back before I really understood how job motes worked so I have no way to cover ice besides blizzaga strike.

I mention ice because for physical fire I have Refia BSB with LMR, plus Delita with USB/BSB/SSB and for physical lightning I have a fully kited out dived Lightning with USB/OSB/BSB2/LMR which is bonkers.

I just need chains for these elements at this point. I only have Tidus and Zack chains so far.

In other news this update has allowed me to finally complete all classic and elite realm dungeons with only like 4 left to master which I haven't done out of laziness since they were ones with only a single battle with 3 condition s which are something dumb like afflict enemy with blind.

My biggest complaint/thing holding me back right now is needing more keystones for 3* farming and jumping into 4*.

• Locked thread