Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST

Your first memory is of fire. It burns against your skin. The smoke wraps around you, a terrible, dark chocking thing.

You are but a child. You reach out, trying to scream, trying to cry, but the smoke, the heat, they overwhelm you.

You lie there, feeling only a tightly coiled fear, as the timbers around you creak and fall, the heat grows more and more intense, and there is only one certainty... you are going to die.

Then you awake, panting, you are no longer a child, but that memory, the day your family died, the day you almost died, surviving by some miracle you cannot remember, still clings to you, like a parasite on your subconscious.

You look around, you're in familiar surroundings, you take a deep breath and remind yourself that...

A.) Master Cador saved you. A traveler staying in the tavern, he somehow survived the searing blaze that consumed the village and managed to rescue you from the pile of timbers that would have surely become your tomb. You spent a couple years with him on the road, before you two settled down to live in a cave near the tiny village of Briarthorn. In that time you learned something Cador urged you to keep secret... Master Cador is not just a skilled metalsmith and hunter, he's a mage! And in recent years, he's begun to instruct you in the fundamentals of magic. Why you live in such a remote part of the world, or what he was doing in your village, the man has never explained.

B.) The Witch, Morrigan adopted you, she claims she found you floating down the river, burnt, barely clinging to a smoldering timber. How exactly you got to the river remains a mystery to you, but she healed you, and has made no secret of her mystical skills. She lives in her hut, distant from the nearest village of Daggerfist, but close enough that those desiring her poultices and charms will still visit. As soon as you were healed enough, she begun to "make you useful", and in the years living with her you have learned many things about herbalism, laylines and crafting charms. Its unclear if she expects you to replace her one day, but for now she seems content to impart upon you her ancient brand of knowledge.

C.) Sejin Amir lies nearby, a traveling merchant from a distant land. When he arrived at your village, he scoured the ruins for survivors, finding you, inches from death. Through his mystical arts he managed to save you from death, and in the time since you have traveled with him. He comes from a strange land, and travels the world, selling precious goods, and when the coin is scarce, selling his services as a monster hunter. He has many mystical abilities, which he claims are granted to him by the Dijin. Since you have been his student, he has trained you in the common arts of haggling and combat, and has just recently begun to teach you how to tap into your inner mystical strength.

What is your gender?

D.) Male
E.) Female

WELCOME TO THE GAME!

Welcome to Sword and Sorcery, a Chose Your Own Adventure style game. The format of the game is simple. I will lay out the scenario and offer options to proceed with. You can always propose an alternate path to pick. The most popular choice will be picked. Type as much as you like, but please indicate your vote by bolding your choice like this.

One way this game is different from other Chose Your Own Adventure game is that your adventure is to a degree, a freeform adventure. You chose your path through the world. The world can and will change around you based upon your actions and you will not have a predetermined story to run through. Your path and ultimate fate are not planned. Today, the day we started the game, I honestly have no idea where we may be a month from now, let alone how it might one day end. It is all up to you.

You do not have plot armor. Bad decisions can get you killed or wreak horrible consequences which you did not intend.

(welcome statement shamelessly stolen from Paradise Lost)

TheCog fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Dec 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
BD

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
'A' speaks to me, since metalsmithing and what I presume is elementalism has the potential of growing into belching brass factories where we build our golem legions to conquer the world.

But then again, got to go with BD since I have a soft spot for grumpy dudes living in a swamp casting hexes at everyone that looks at them wrong.

Actually, let's just go with AE for max Brass Empress shenanigans.

Theantero fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Dec 3, 2017

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

C
E

I suggest E because Goons get creepy about every female NPC they encounter if they are a male. Maybe it will be different if we are female!

Diogines fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Dec 3, 2017

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

Witchboy Adventures are also cool, but I'll put in my vote for CE. Gotta haggle with shady lampsellers and book thieves and bind all the sylphs and demodands to our designs.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

AE

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Voting BE, and I'd like to pitch Hythloth

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
AE

Female Metalsmith/Hunter/Mage

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Voting BE though diogines is right goons do tend to get goony about female NPCs.

AE, for maximum fusion of metal and magic.

Also pitching Malora as our name

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Dec 3, 2017

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

AE, let's build a kickass army of iron golems or whatever the blacksmithing path means.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

B
E

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
CE

OrangeOrbit
Apr 27, 2008
Fun Shoe
AD

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

CD

Ceramic Shot
Dec 21, 2006

The stars aren't in the right places.
AE

Mr Apollo
Jan 1, 2013
AD

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
CE let's have desert merchant adventures and bind ALL the spirits. All of them. No spirits for anyone else.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
BE a Witch!

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Slaan posted:

BE a Witch! hungry servant of the ever-devouring Queen of the Deep

This is how I read your post

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.
AE Gish time.

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

CE

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
CE

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Not Alex posted:

AE Gish time.

I don't get it, how will turning into a tarball with mutable properties help?

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
CF

We CLAIM to be a porpoise :colbert:

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

BE

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.

Hexenritter posted:

I don't get it, how will turning into a tarball with mutable properties help?

At risk of :thejoke: gish is a d&d term for an armored caster.

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?
CE

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

C E

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I will always vote for witches.

BE

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
BE

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
AE

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Not Alex posted:

At risk of :thejoke: gish is a d&d term for an armored caster.

I did not know that, my group rarely played d&d. Gish was also a game with a sentient tarball.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
shut up about ooze post witches

https://twitter.com/Criisalys/status/928373131798044672

https://twitter.com/meat_prism/status/917602454774132737

https://twitter.com/reisarVili/status/917480361717792768

https://twitter.com/vickisigh/status/917109432454017024

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
BD
I want witch boy.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Please continue

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

AE

Crabby, cranky old man teaching us poo poo? Yes.

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.
Yay! It's good to see you made a CYOA, this will be awesome!

A
No vote on gender, I don't really care.

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

BE

cambodian holiday
Sep 4, 2009
B E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010