Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.
AE Gish time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Hexenritter posted:

I don't get it, how will turning into a tarball with mutable properties help?

At risk of :thejoke: gish is a d&d term for an armored caster.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

A If we are to learn many languages let us select a gift of glyphs and meaning.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Game show host: Choose from one of these six doors and you win the prize behind it.

Goons: Aha! What's that seventh door there?

Game show host: That's the door you came in through.

Goons: Perfect! I smear my blood and feces on the door in the symbol of the Elder Sign. Surely this will claim dominion over the hidden prize.

Game show host: *sigh*

Edit: I know it's not a direct comparison. It's even possible this is a test. But let's get got before we go flipping tables looking for gotchas in our arcane dealings. Everything we've experienced so far of the mystic arts has been pretty straightforward.

Not Alex fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Dec 14, 2017

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

A of course.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Crazycryodude posted:

Oh we obviously talked to the bad guy. Don't ask the Sejin about it, though, because the terrifying flame-spirit that directly orders you not to tell anyone about your secret chat is not someone to immediately betray.

Eh, he just said to keep the meeting secret from the Djinni or poo poo would get harder. The Sejin isn't a Djinni... probably.

Weird outcast evil things tend to be light on threats until you free them from some ancient prison.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Can I make shaft of the magic channeling glass for my spear?

If we can't have awesome rune stones let's at least make a spear capable of writing our name on the moon.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

AMHF

Gotta warm up the pipes so we can learn to control magic glass like the wizards of yore.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Ooo, that could be cool, too. I was envisioning calling up blades and spires of glass using power ballads.

Come on goons, let's make ourselves a sand witch.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

B

Let's go see what all the fuss is about.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

A sounds like a game made from something in the real world. Guardian zombies or something. I don't know, but it calls to me.

And yes, obviously critters later.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

D because J breaks our promise to hide our magic. We can wreath it in fire once we've skewered the boar with it and the children have run away.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

1. B
2. D
3. MQT Don't think I've forgotten about the song controlled magic focusing sand. We will be a musical sand witch.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Aaaaaaaaaand we're back! :woop:

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

The Lone Badger posted:

1A. Avoiding having our mind blasted by incomprehensible horror seems like a good tactic at the moment.

2D. A regular ferret is a good pet, rather than the giant wingferret we saw.

3H. Given the life we've chosen to lead we're going to need to start racking up the hardened notches on our Violence meter, best to start exposure under controlled conditions with the Seijin around so a potential freakout won't get us killed.

This. The spirit, while tempting, slows our training appreciably at a time when every scrap of mana could be the difference between casting a spell and dying.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

I feel like its a "child watching horrible things in a first person perspective" rather than a magical warping deal. Considering he recognized it easily, I suspect we'll be viewing the Fragments later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

A likely plus some horrible but not supernatural dreams.