Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Voting BE though diogines is right goons do tend to get goony about female NPCs.

AE, for maximum fusion of metal and magic.

Also pitching Malora as our name

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Dec 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Slaan posted:

BE a Witch! hungry servant of the ever-devouring Queen of the Deep

This is how I read your post

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Not Alex posted:

AE Gish time.

I don't get it, how will turning into a tarball with mutable properties help?

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Not Alex posted:

At risk of :thejoke: gish is a d&d term for an armored caster.

I did not know that, my group rarely played d&d. Gish was also a game with a sentient tarball.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Please continue

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

it's everyone :ssh:

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

AN (Lord of hats), I'll let others formulate some questions as in too distracted right now. Also gently caress that spidude. Figuratively.

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Dec 5, 2017

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

loving :laffo:
:five:

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Did we get picked up by a king/sultan/sheikh in disguise/exile? (Not aimed at our surrogate parent, merely speculative)

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

I am torn between 1 and 5

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

We feel emBoldened, but we're not stupid. Absolutely pants-shittingly scared and probably silently crying, but we must be brave, like Sejin.

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Dec 6, 2017

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

JosephWongKS posted:

"I'm hungry. Are those things tasty? Can we cook and eat them?"

Did Slaan change his name?

Also A, that was awe-inspiring.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

A without hesitation then :barf: then E

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

I like our gigglesome new friend

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Por que no los dos?

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Not Alex posted:

A If we are to learn many languages let us select a gift of glyphs and meaning.

This reasoning broke my agony of choice moment.

A

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Dig that "travelling without moving" dagger. Also really been enjoying this thread but I've been sicker than a dog this past week.

"Can you tell me about your teacher, or will it make you sad? If it does, I'm sorry Sejin"

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

TheCog posted:

"I can tell you about him. When I met him he was very old, his beard was white, and he was very very grumpy, although he tried to hide it, I know he enjoyed teaching more than anything else in life, and although I was his only apprentice, he often taught others of the many things he knew. He put up with me, and all the many questions I asked him. His passion was binding. Especially binding spirits of the deep earth, and he taught me everything I know about binding and summoning. The little obelisk was a gift from him, when I finished my training, before I left to travel the world. I think he was a little disappointed that I was a much poorer binder than he was.

He was a strange man, but we had many good times together, and I remember him fondly. Without him, I would have certainly not become a Sejin, and I'd be dead many times over." he smiles. "Hopefully one day you'll tell your students the same thing about me"

Give him a big beaming smile and ask him if he can show us something his teacher taught him when he was our age, then tell him we promise to tell many tales about him when we're older.

quote:

Feel better!

Thanks man, this intestinal flu has been no joke. I've never felt this nauseous in my life. Plus it happened at the exact same time my girlfriend got a vicious dose of strep. I'm chugging Imodium like it's going out of fashion but the nausea has died down.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

We should definitely polish Spear-kun regularly just to establish that connection, and maybe oil it now and then.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Dr Subterfuge posted:

I dunno, I get the feeling our spear is a chan rather than a kun. Either way, I agree. I want to go all in on being pals with *unpronounceable sound of fire crackling and embers burning*.

yeah I thought so too at first, but erred on the side of "object spirit is the gender we aren't". Definitely good with it being Spear-chan though, because ribbons and pretty!

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Dr Subterfuge posted:

I really like the kind and mysterious father/mentor you've created for us and I like the idea of becoming a badass magician so I plan on sticking around at least.

I second this and hope the tales of Sejin and Sundar continue for a long time.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Furry legsnakes? Actual therapsids? And birb? I want birb. Sejin might favour the choice to buy birb as being an opportunity for us to learn responsibility not only for ourselves, but also others.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Crazycryodude posted:

Pretty sure the furry legsnake is a ferret. Birb, tho, birb is extremely cool and good.

My girlfriend accuses me of overthinking things all the time :v: just another example thereof (also she said I talk too fancy because I actually use words like thereof)

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

vorebane posted:

Aw man I wanted to hang out with nerds.

You already are :v:

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLLL1KxpYMA

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

SniperWoreConverse posted:

BM cause we're gonna poo poo on these fools

:laffo:

BEN
and Yes.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

I'm loving dying over here at the mental image and wording of A.

D + yell at the kids to run

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

The Djinni smiting those who attempt to rules lawyer is pretty awesome

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

There Bias Two posted:

It just seemed like something the Djinni would do to especially annoying sorcerers.

Oh yeah, they're the rules lawyers (just watch Wishmaster), infringing upon their territory will invite their displeasure I would imagine

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Well, other than that mysterious part of oursleves we lost, that seems to have gone relatively well, actually.

1. B
2. C
3. IST (Ignian, Alnaar, witch sight. Doubling down on this badass weapon of ours, plus adding to our senses)
4. Try to figure out what we lost.

This, plus catsnake.

Echoing sentiment here but I am very glad you've managed to find the time to return to this, TheCog. It's fun and engaging and you're painting a picture of a world I want to know and see so much more of.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

I like the way Sundar sounds, especially when i say it in my head with a mellifluous Khajiit style accent, with a softly rolled r.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

:woop:

A, and seconding the desire to never stop upgrading our mana pool.