Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

The final level will be two videos because it ended up being a much longer experience than I had anticipated. I'll post them both at the same time though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Dread Dragon's Keep is a bit of an rear end in a top hat right at the start with those two small platforms and orbitting skulls/masks that you access by using the trapped box to bounce up. The slightest mistiming has you crash into the orbitting hazards or slipping off the platform. After that part and the floating skulls immediately after, you get a shield gem and the rest of the level is very managable.

"I'm looking forward to the final boss."

:getin:

Yeah, no surprise if you'll be needing a few practice runs for that one.

Erpy fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Jan 21, 2018

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Aaaaand we're done! Sort of! We've got some bonus levels to tackle, and then the expansion, but for now we're done!

Also I may be taking a little break in the near future because of computer issues. If I go dark for a week or so, it's because I won't actually have a computer.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Congratulations, you beat the main game. Well done. It's not uncommon for people to make it all the way to the end and then ragequit upon bumping into the final boss.

To be honest, the long completion times for this level (the game gives you 30 minutes in time attack mode, which is a lot) is mostly due to the boss and the fact that a LOT of the fight against him involves waiting for him to cycle through his attack pattern. (it seems to want to give the crumbly platforms time to reappear before cycling to the next move) The level itself, once you know what to expect, is quite a bit easier than most levels in world 3.

Well, until you get to the chase part, that is. If you don't care about gems, that one's not too bad, but every time I try to collect all gems there, I tend to get run down at least once.

Gurglewocky is probably most people's least favourite boss. The fight is extremely long, the lava sticks around after the first phase, the random pattern of the rain of fire means that no matter how much you practice there's always a chance the RNG screws you over and generates a fireball spread you just can't properly avoid, Gurglewocky spends a lot of time between attacks just waiting (which drags out the fight even longer) and worst of all: that poo poo-eating smug grin of his all throughout the fight is like a permanent troll-smiley mocking your efforts, your failures and your very existence.

Most people (yours truly included) had a MASSIVE death count before finishing this level for the first time. Gurgly is that horrible. On easy mode, it's a lot easier since they insert solid non-crumbling platforms as well as multiple shield gems in the room. BTW, Gurglewocky has one attack I don't recall seeing in your video...during the third phase he sometimes does the "breathe lava all over the room"-move a second time, causing the lava to rise to the middle of the room and submerging the floating platforms near the bottom. The lava eventually drains away to cover just the floor again, but if he decides to be an rear end and use the fireball move right afterwards, you're in for some tense moments.

In the first build of the game, you actually get the shield gem after the FIRST round rather than the second, which most people rightfully called unnecessary since you can still use the floor at that point, so Black Forest Games eventually moved it to the end of the second round. BTW, you don't need to dash into the extinguished meteorite, just touching it or jumping into it or landing on it is enough.

The four "normal" bonus levels are kind of "retooled" versions of levels you've already conquered in the normal game, except due to different enemy, trap and obstacle placement, they still feel mostly like a new experience even though, if you recognize what level they used as a template, you'll easily be able to get the hidden areas since those are unchanged. The exception to this is Halloween Special 2013...that one's a literal clone of level 3-6 Breakneck Passage with absolutely no changes whatsoever aside from the visuals. You can safely skip that one, since you've already played through it a couple of episodes ago.

The Dieselstörmers level is the odd one out in that its design is not based on an existing level as it's meant to be a plug for Black Forest Games' Rogue-like/Shoot-em-up game Roguestormers and its level is somewhat based on the level structure there. It's also more a plug than a deliberately designed level, so it's the easiest one by far. It's also kind of a spoiler for Rise of the Owlverlord since the music in that level is a tune that's a homage to the themesong of a certain movie franchise and it's introduced in a level in the expansion that has a similar theme to those movies, except futuristic. Obviously, in the Dieselstörmers level, the reference is lost.

Speaking of the expansion, you'll enjoy Rise of the Owlverlord. It's kinda short (only 7 levels), but there's a lot more variety in the level design, the levels together form somewhat of a narrative and the boss is my favourite boss in the two games...lots of fun to fight and not nearly as infuriating as Gurgly. In the expansion, "normal" is the main game's easy mode and "hard" is the main game's normal mode, so you should totally pick the latter...you shouldn't have much trouble handling it.

Erpy fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jan 23, 2018

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Erpy posted:

BTW, Gurglewocky has one attack I don't recall seeing in your video...during the third phase he sometimes does the "breathe lava all over the room"-move a second time, causing the lava to rise to the middle of the room and submerging the floating platforms near the bottom. The lava eventually drains away to cover just the floor again, but if he decides to be an rear end and use the fireball move right afterwards, you're in for some tense moments.

I fought him for over an hour and this never happened. Maybe it was removed?

quote:

The four "normal" bonus levels are kind of "retooled" versions of levels you've already conquered in the normal game, except due to different enemy, trap and obstacle placement, they still feel mostly like a new experience even though, if you recognize what level they used as a template, you'll easily be able to get the hidden areas since those are unchanged. The exception to this is Halloween Special 2013...that one's a literal clone of level 3-6 Breakneck Passage with absolutely no changes whatsoever aside from the visuals. You can safely skip that one, since you've already played through it a couple of episodes ago.

Does this apply to both and Normal and Hard versions? Is there no reason to show off either of those?

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Jamesman posted:

I fought him for over an hour and this never happened. Maybe it was removed?

Naw, he's done it to me plenty of times, but he only starts using it after you've hit him twice and I got the impression that after you hit him twice and got your second shield gem, there were no further deaths.

Jamesman posted:

Does this apply to both and Normal and Hard versions? Is there no reason to show off either of those?

Halloween 2013 Normal is the same as Breakneck Passage on Easy and Halloween 2013 Hard is the same as Level 3-6 on Normal, so no, no difference. You can briefly start it up if you like to show the visual difference, maybe even side-by-side if you enjoy editing shenanigans, but there's no need to play it all the way through because you've been there and done that.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
I started Rise of the Owlverlord today.

You know how I have said repeatedly I don't like being chased? Yeah, about that...

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Haha, yeah, that part is "fun". You're like 2 seconds into the game and you suddenly have "oh crap" moment. Rise of the Owlverlord has a tutorial level specifically so they can immediately throw you to the wolves the moment you start the actual game.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
That last boss fight was harrowing, at least they threw you a shield after a while. It looked pretty fun, too...I've decided to move this game up in my backlog thanks to this LP.

One complaint I do have for the game is the music...it's fantastic and I've started listening to it on my ipod. But there aren't enough songs. It got a little repetitive through the LP.

The bonus stages were neat. I liked the jingle bells added to the soundtrack in the christmas stage. And I guess you could say the halloween stage (and the christmas stage too) was a frankenstein of previously used obstacles!!! :haw:

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
The bonus levels aren't a combination of different levels. The geometry of the levels is pretty much identical to the levels they were based on. What's different is the object placement...enemies, ghosts, light pillars, clouds, amethyst crystals, lava/ice floors, enemy spawners, skulls and impenetrable platforms in a few locations. That's all. It's nice to see how different the creators can make the levels by fiddling around with the objects inside them. (more so in the Christmas level)

The Halloween 2012 level is a modified level 2-5: Enchanted Mountain Path. The Christmas 2012 level is a modified level 1-4: Soar Wing Hills.

And yeah, the lava-ice mechanic is one that was never used in the base game. The area near the exit was actually a nice "puzzle" where in the dark world the floor is lava that kills you on contact, but in the light world the area's dangerous too because the area contains A LOT of spawners that rapidly spawn invulnerable armored Demowls, so if you don't switch back to the dark world every few seconds the area becomes too infested with armored demowls to cross. You need to switch back to the lava and drown the enemies.

And yeah, the music in the Christmas levels had bells added to the background music...another nice touch. The backgrounds in the light Christmas levels are some of my favourites in the game.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

WHY BONER NOW posted:

One complaint I do have for the game is the music...it's fantastic and I've started listening to it on my ipod. But there aren't enough songs. It got a little repetitive through the LP.

If it helps any, the expansion has all-new music so you get to expand your playlist a little further with it.

My computer's going in for some repairs, so it's going to be about a week before I get back to posting for this. I've already got half of the expansion recorded though, so hopefully I can hit the ground running once I get everything back and set it all up again.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
You're wrong about Christmas Special 2013 being a newly designed level...you already noted parts of it looked familiar and even mentioned you might have traversed a part in a bubble. The level is actually a heavily modified version of Level 3-1: Fluffy Cloud Mountain. That area at the start where you jumped down and paused to explain the slippery ice control is the very area that had acid and a few gems at the bottom (only explorable by going down there by bubble) and a skull sign at the top, causing you to complain that "the game has started lying to me about the meaning of the skull signs". Yeah, that level. The fact that they make you traverse it completely on foot instead of bubble and made changes to a lot of the objects and platforms make it feel new though, but the general geometry is pretty much the same.

Yeah, Rogue Stormers is a rogue-like shooter. I own it myself (I was one of the backers) and it's quite a lot of fun, but very difficult at first. It's a rogue-like, so it has permadeath. Die and you start over from the very beginning of the game again. Collecting experience pickups eventually makes you level up and allows you to pick from two randomly selected "perks". (like extra max hp, being able to briefly hover during a jump and lower cooldown on secondary weapons) Those levels and perks stick around even after death, so eventually you get stronger and stronger. That mechanic obviously doesn't make it extremely suitable for LP's.

The Dieselstörmers level in Giana Sisters isn't actually an existing level in Roguestormers, because (like many rogue-likes) levels in that game are randomly generated, but the level does "feel" a bit like the upper parts of the first level there. (the crazy amount of enemies is kind of a slick reference to the large enemy mobs you sometimes face in Roguestormers) The music's not from Rogue Stormers though, it's from Rise of the Owlverlord. We'll get to that one later.

I kinda felt the same way about the "multiplayer mode"...I wouldn't say it's bad but the mechanics and controls are different enough to make people who've spent a lot of time playing the main game struggle. The three multiplayer levels in this game are kind of an appetizer and plug for Giana Sisters: Dream Runners, which is essentially the multiplayer mode as a stand-alone game and it has 9 levels and some unlockable skins.

Erpy fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jan 29, 2018

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Hooray, owl boss! It was always a little weird, you know, seeing all these owls around and your end boss is a dragon. At least Bowser tosses a bunch of shell guys at you, you know?

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Hey, I'm not really back yet, but I wanted to post an update while I had a chance.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Yeah, Rise of the Owlverlord uses a revamped and much spiffier version of the Giana main theme. It's really good.

The expansion doesn't mess around. The tutorial is a mini-level walking you through the basic actions and then they make you walk the plank into shark-infested waters immediately 2 seconds into the next level. :) As you noted, it's a very bad idea to play this without having played Twisted Dreams first. The expansion only has 7 levels, the last one being essentially a boss room and corridor leading up to it, so they didn't have the opportunity to gradually increase the difficulty curve from Mysterious Meadows-levels to Boiling Springs-levels and still give people who beat the original (the primary audience) a good challenge.

Overall, Rise of the Owlverlord is short but good. Each level has its own theme and also its own unique loading screen animation, allowing the game to give the slight hint of a story. Not knowing what to expect causes the levels to be World-3 grade in difficulty, though only one of the levels is consistently tough on Über-hardcore.

Also, this is the first time I've seen the alien dudes get stuck in walls. It's not something I've ever experienced myself.

You were right in picking "Hard". The original had "Easy" and "Normal", this one has "Normal" and "Hard". Hard in this one is normal in the other one.

Bonus levels are the same, btw. No need to check them out. They were essentially there to give people who didn't own the base game two additional levels to play around with.

Erpy fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Feb 1, 2018

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

My computer stuff if taking longer than I expected, and unfortunately, this is the last video I had uploaded in advance as a precaution. I'm hoping I'll be back up and running within a week, but everything's up in the air at the moment. :(

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Naw, your play on the whole was good aside from a handful of silly slip-ups that seemed more like temporary brain farts than lack of skill and you did find all gems in the level on your first time through. Floating Ruins IS a tough cookie, especially since the level gives you absolutely no shield gems and it frequently lobs curveballs at you that you don't know are there until they're already in flight and heading for you skull at 200 MPH.

Glad you like the level design. If this level tickled your fancy, Mistral Reefs and the one after it would like you to hold their beer. Here's hoping your computer troubles will be over soon.

I'm not completely sure if it was concept art of the expansion you saw in the base game, since that art has been in there from the beginning, so it's more likely that the art you see in the base game weren't so much previews but they were meant to be in the base game at some point, but the devs never got around to properly implementing them and when creating Rise of the Owlverlord they took some of that unfinished stuff and finished it at long last.

Erpy fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Feb 8, 2018

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
This definitely feels like a final world to the game, so good job on everyone involved I guess?

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Hi. I still don't have a computer and I'm gosh darn frustrated over it. I was supposed to have it back by now, but communication has been garbage and I have no answers for what it happening with it or when I can expect it back. I'm mad as heck.

This is the absolute last video I had as backup for this downtime. I wasn't even able to make a thumbnail or title image for it. I'll do that when I finally have a functional computer again.

PART 25
https://youtu.be/evUB2QSwdI4

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

I watched through the new Bubsy when it first came out and premiere series expert Smight played it, and was not impressed. It's basically Gianna Sisters with none of the charm. Forgettable level design, tedious bosses, incredibly short game length, and a stunning lack of effort put into the animations. About the only good part was Bubsy's quips, where if you put the slider up to the max he would be constantly interrupting himself with a different catchphrase every time the slightest thing happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLl5N_bcTTA

The Gianna Sisters expansion looks good, at least! I wasn't very impressed with the base game, but this seems more interesting.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
I did play through the new Bubsy game and you're correct in that it's essentially a reskinned Giana Sisters without a lot of the elements that made Twisted Dreams fun. The way you walk and the way you jump feels pretty much exactly the same as in Giana Sisters, Bubsy's floating move is exactly like Cute Giana's twirl move and his pouncing move is a more unwieldly version of Punk Giana's dash. (what makes it unwieldy is that unlike the dash, which you can execute in 8 directions and has fairly reliable homing properties, Bubsy can only pounce straight ahead, it doesn't home as much and it travels in an arc, so it's very easy to overshoot your target if you're too close or you're not properly aligned) Even the safety jump and the "hit enemy in the air for another twirl/dash charge" mechanics are in there.

Unlike Giana Sisters and its expansion, most of Bubsy's levels are almost entirely horizontal and it doesn't have many of the hazards that made Giana Sisters' levels fairly interesting. You can collect yarn, just like you collect gems, but I don't believe not having enough yarn blocks your progress to the next level, so it's easy to rush through and finish the game in less than two hours or so.

I can't shake the feeling Black Forest was given a very limited budget to work with and the game itself feels like a rush job, which is a shame because as Rise of the Owlverlord shows, the team does have the ability to create enjoyable levels if their heart is in it.

Speaking of, Mistral Reef can be tough, but it's a very enjoyable level and the cannonball mechanics make for interesting sections. Given that the theme of the level is a fleet of flying pirate ships, the music in this level was probably meant as a little easter egg/homage to "He's a pirate". Take a listen...the similarity is too close to be a coincidence.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
It's really weird to me how they had all these assets to reuse for the Bubsy game, but then removed or changed things to make it feel much more generic and uninspired. Like, all the work was already done except for a few visuals, but they used them to make this thing. Maybe they wanted it to feel different from Giana Sisters by making it really bad?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I like that ricochet-switch gimmick, that was nice. If maybe a bit harrowing.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm finally back.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Welcome back.

Flying Factory is indeed a huge level, but also a very fun one with a very unique look that's not used anywhere else in either game. (and yes, it is the owl-shaped fortress you saw in the background of several other levels) The section at the end with the conveyers, crushers and cannonballs can be troublesome, but overall once you get a hang of the place it's easy to just sprint, dash and twirl your way through the level without ever slowing down. That won't be the case with the next, though.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I don't know how to feel about that drop at the end. Not having any collectables or anything probably does mean you can freefall through it as long as you don't eat a wrong-colored canonball, but that much of a level being skippable if you can tank a single hit almost seems like cheating. Or a speedrun trick.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Glazius posted:

I don't know how to feel about that drop at the end. Not having any collectables or anything probably does mean you can freefall through it as long as you don't eat a wrong-colored canonball, but that much of a level being skippable if you can tank a single hit almost seems like cheating. Or a speedrun trick.

Well, it's something you probably wouldn't even consider had I not mentioned it. I only thought of it because I took a hit and lost my shield, then lost my focus and fell past everything. And as you saw, I lost the shield before getting to that part, so it's not a guaranteed skip. It's just one of those neat little things.

Here have a new video.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Color me impressed. Black Forest (yes, it was a shoutout) is by far the toughest level in the expansion and a throwback to some of the original's more dickish levels such as Amethyst Mines, Owl Wing's Nest and Boiling Springs. Lots of buzzsaws, lots of long trips over spikes and acid, several well-hidden master gems, but fortunately quite a few shields too. Making it through there without dying is impressive on its own, but doing so while also getting all gems is worthy of praise. Especially the gems at the part where the wall of buzzsaws chases you are still something I've occasionally tripped on. The buzzsaw wall can be tanked with a shield gem, but since it sticks around when it reaches its destination, eating the hit gets you stuck on the wrong side.

Anyway, don't be intimidated by the large number of gems in the next level. It's actually quite a bit easier than this one. It's also the final true level. The final level isn't even a level, but rather a corridor (with one secret area containing some master gems) to the boss. You're very, very, very close to the end right now.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Erpy posted:

Anyway, don't be intimidated by the large number of gems in the next level. It's actually quite a bit easier than this one. It's also the final true level. The final level isn't even a level, but rather a corridor (with one secret area containing some master gems) to the boss. You're very, very, very close to the end right now.

Then I guess my next recording session for the game will be the last one, and I might just have this wrapped up by the end of the week! Yay!

Already starting to work on my next LP. Gonna be a bit more involved than this one for sure.

Edit: Hey guess who woke up this morning with a cold? Looks like this isn't wrapping up as fast as I hoped.

Jamesman fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Mar 14, 2018

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Slightly ahead of time, but thanks for going through this. It's been really interesting to see.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Glazius posted:

Slightly ahead of time, but thanks for going through this. It's been really interesting to see.

It's been really interesting to play too. I've been repeatedly impressed with what they managed to do with this game.

Here's the (almost) final level I also beat the game now, so there's one more video in the pipe before this LP is finished and I move on to the next one.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Okay, have it your way. You're good. Well, Spring Tide Bay IS a bit of a breather after Black Forest, containing plenty of shield gems, no acid pools or long sections where you have to ride platforms with sawblades/pinwheels everywhere, just the introduction of a gimmick (the rising and lowering tide when switching) that's fairly easy to deal with. (and yes, this is the only level where that mechanic is used) Still, credit where credit's due, you've gotten to the point where you're quickly able to assess new situations and deal with them without having to die first as long as the game grants you a moment to observe your surroundings and the fact you're able to beat most levels on replays with a death count of 0 means you'd probably be able to tackle hardcore with a bit of patience. (all that does is remove the checkpoints, it's basically speedrunning without the speed) Your playing style has gotten fluid enough that didn't notice any "whoops" moments that had you eat a hit because you mistimed a dash or jump this episode.

I doubt Score mode would challenge you a lot. (it's essentially playing through the levels at a brisk pace in order to keep the score multiplier high) Speed mode through some levels would be fun to see because you have the liberty of completely ignoring gems and can just twirl, dash and bounce from one end of the level to the other. (though I get that you're done with this game now and you've pretty much seen all there is to see)

Just Owlverlord's Fall left. That large crashed air fortress on the level's menu picture was already seen in the distance during this level.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Well no reason to drag this out any longer than it's already been. Here's the final level.

I hope everyone enjoyed seeing me got through this game. In the very near future, I'll be back with Tony Hawk's Underground, so please look forward to that.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Well, I guess that's it. Good job on beating the final final boss.

Of the four bosses the game throws at you, the Owlverlord is by far my favourite and I personally found him loads of fun to fight. Unlike the first two bosses, this one has a decent bag of tricks at his disposal, there's more room to navigate than Gurglewocky's lava-filled lair and unlike Gurglewocky's battle where you frequently had to wait for him to stop smirking and throw out his next attack already, the Owlverlord's battle is much better paced; you're constantly moving about, dodging the boss and his various attacks and he's not a static enemy who sits in the background, but he dashes, flies and teleports around the room, making the battle much more dynamic. I like the boss music too, which is a remixed version of the tune you hear in the levels that lead up to the bosses. Out of curiosity, which of the bosses resulted in a larger death count, Owlie or Gurgly?

Overall, this LP has been a joy to follow. Since you played most levels blind, the game didn't feel like a run-of-the-mill walkthrough, but your playing skills improved quickly enough to not have each level beyond 1-4 be a long-rear end mixture of death, cursing/complaining and more death for 40 minutes straight either. Pretty much the perfect balance. Glad to see an LP of the game that also appreciates its strengths. The game deserves more exposure than it gets.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
I think Gurglewocky netted more deaths, resulting from trying (and failing) to navigate around his rain of fireballs. I also think it took me a lot longer to catch on to how to beat Gurglewocky.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Thanks for the LP. I had fun watching, and it's hard to believe it's been going on since last December. Giana Sisters seemed good overall, though it felt like the type of game that would be more fun to play than it was to watch. The DLC was a marked improvement, but honestly, by the time you got to it the game had overstayed its welcome for me. Still, as always, I liked your chill commentary -- even if it was only as background noise. I'm looking forward to THUG.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Ziv Zulander posted:

Giana Sisters seemed good overall, though it felt like the type of game that would be more fun to play than it was to watch.

I ended up feeling the same way, and I don't expect to do any more platformers anytime soon unless I do something interesting with it. Like I said, I kinda expected this to be a simple, quick LP I could do while I worked on something more substantial, but the game ended up being much more than I expected. That, combined with my computer issues, made it last longer than I intended.

Hopefully THUG will be more entertaining, but it's also going to be more involved and is requiring lots of practice for me to show off everything I want. It's looking more like a "once a week" thing instead of every couple of days.

Mr. Highway
Feb 25, 2007

I'm a very lonely man, doing what I can.
Part of being more fun to watch than to play, this game struck me as the type you play one level at a time. Maybe play a level or two, put it down for a couple days, and come back to it without having lost any momentum. Each level presented its own challenge, somewhat connected to other levels but still separate. Finishing a world didn't seem any more rewarding than finishing a level and being able to access more.

Either way, enjoyed the LP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Giant Pile of Gems is a better ending still than just a couple kids telling stories to each other, for all that one was nice.

• Locked thread