Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

girls :allears: (it's still gay im nonbinary shhh)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

https://twitter.com/halomancer1/status/1579540890359848961

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?

carry on then posted:

* gym fit bod only

it's very easy to be a slut no matter what body you have, assuming your tastes are wide enough.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
yeah, one of the hardest lessons for some people to learn is that you kinda have to meet the standards you're setting for other people

i know a lot of perfectly good single people who have been extremely unsuccessful romantically because they just dont understand what a realistic partner looks like for them

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

a fun experiment would be to start swiping left when you want to swipe right and vice versa, just to see how much changes

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
dammit i tried so hard to keep it vague and then i said "looks like" 🤦‍♀️

its not hot-dates-hot but if you're not conventionally attractive and also not particularly interesting to talk to and you don't have your life together you really can't expect to pull khatia buniatishvili with a "hi..." on okcupid

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

there is no explicit rule that hot ends up with hot and ugg ends up with ugg.

that’s just what usually happens.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

a friend likes to point out that i'm a 2000's-era sitcom guy since i'm a dumpy overweight white dude with an inexplicably hot skinny wife

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

yes that was in fact the most pathetic humblebrag ever

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

just got told there's openings for weekly voice training sessions as soon as Thursday, instead of having to wait for next spring! yayyyy

a budget-tightening $85 a session tho, since insurance won't pony up - i swear the gender-dysphoria-related coverage exceptions in the plan ought to be illegal

but still! :toot:

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Ciaphas posted:

just got told there's openings for weekly voice training sessions as soon as Thursday, instead of having to wait for next spring! yayyyy

a budget-tightening $85 a session tho, since insurance won't pony up - i swear the gender-dysphoria-related coverage exceptions in the plan ought to be illegal

but still! :toot:

uh. that sounds really bad. congrats and all but i would actually figure out if those exceptions ARE illegal if you're still in CO.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i was thinking about that as i wrote the post, but kinda dismissed it at the time as "oh lord i have enough to think about as it is, let's not go there"

still true, tbh, but i'll keep it in the back of my mind

(e) it's doubly weird because said insurance covers all my prescriptions, including the explicitly-for-gender-dysphoria HRT, without complaint or question - or at least less question than I already get for the fuckin adhd meds lol

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Oct 12, 2022

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Ciaphas posted:

i was thinking about that as i wrote the post, but kinda dismissed it at the time as "oh lord i have enough to think about as it is, let's not go there"

still true, tbh, but i'll keep it in the back of my mind

(e) it's doubly weird because said insurance covers all my prescriptions, including the explicitly-for-gender-dysphoria HRT, without complaint or question - or at least less question than I already get for the fuckin adhd meds lol

yeah i get this. medical care in america is so hard you really really gotta pick your battles :smith: so i guess just glad you're continuing to power forward :)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

yep, onward and upward :toot:

frankly wrt insurers I count my blessings that anything gets paid for. right now Labcorp's after me for $400 for... ordinary thyroid testing, for some reason???????? definitely fighting that lol

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0pPPkkT7GI

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

when i met up with these two boys for uhh Stuff i planned on meeting them at a convenience store but they couldnt find it so they just found somewhere to park and told me what street they were on

they had parked directly outside my house, without knowing my address
pretty funny in hindsight

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

hbag posted:

when i met up with these two boys for uhh Stuff i planned on meeting them at a convenience store but they couldnt find it so they just found somewhere to park and told me what street they were on

they had parked directly outside my house, without knowing my address
pretty funny in hindsight

:rimshot:

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

there were a few of those too yeah

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
weird gay sex, is good

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
i have a second date with a lesbian librarian on sunday

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I’m cooling off on the dating stint, or at least OLD. I don’t think it’s an effective way to date

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Im gay and u can be gay in stardew valley and also there’s plants

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Pollyanna posted:

I’m cooling off on the dating stint, or at least OLD. I don’t think it’s an effective way to date

online is hard and all the dating apps are designed to keep people around as long as possible to spend money, not to actually try to help start a relationship

Snuff Melange
May 21, 2021

...some men,
you just can't reach.

Feeling the gender dysphoria set in again. And here I thought I could successfully bottle it all up without any issues.

:colbert:

What the heck life

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Lain Iwakura posted:

i have a second date with a lesbian librarian on sunday

how the gently caress didnt i notice your av and username earlier
twinsies

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Improbable Lobster posted:

online is hard and all the dating apps are designed to keep people around as long as possible to spend money, not to actually try to help start a relationship

yeah I’m honestly not impressed. gently caress it

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Pollyanna posted:

yeah I’m honestly not impressed. gently caress it

i met my husband randomly in a discord server when we hit it off, just keep open to new people and you'll eventually find the right person

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I should talk to more people then

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

apparently we find each other on fuckin twitter and discord

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
the internet is for the gays

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i have never met a gay person (that i know of) IRL

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Improbable Lobster posted:

the internet is for the gays

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

hbag posted:

i have never met a gay person (that i know of) IRL

turn off your monitor

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Pollyanna posted:

Online games of D&D for me, mostly.

Most good things in my life result from people being impressed at how good I am at being consistent at being an rear end in a top hat.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Pollyanna posted:

this is true, I met my current primary partner off discord. tho the majority of relationships and hookups I’ve had just sorta happened as a result of socializing. or less than socializing, in mundane every day life encounters

id never met up with someone off dating apps specifically but I’d prolly have fun with them if I tried again. the last time I tried it was a lot of attention and kind of overwhelming. that was egg me tho, I am better equipped now to deal with that tho the whole ‘self commodification’ thing still doesn’t feel great

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

hbag posted:

how the gently caress didnt i notice your av and username earlier
twinsies

lain good

gnatalie
Jul 1, 2003

blasting women into space

Snuff Melange posted:

Feeling the gender dysphoria set in again. And here I thought I could successfully bottle it all up without any issues.

What the heck life

welcome! keeping it bottled is a fool's errand

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no

Snuff Melange posted:

What the heck life

literally can’t look at myself in the mirror. hurray!

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i need to get my legs and uh that stuff lasered at the very least
everything else i can handle waxing probably but i would need way too much wax to do my legs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
I like "dating" apps because I like hookups, but I don't expect to find a long-term partner on them