Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

hbag posted:

realized recently that i use the internet and computer-touching to distract myself from my gross and wrong flesh body and also distract me from thinking about what gender i am
looking forward to the day i can upload my consciousness to the internet but then again that would probably also suck eggs

in the meantime there are birbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

secretly best girl posted:

gently caress it, I'm trans, I'm out, and now I have to go retag and rewrite a bazillion podcast pages and social media and aaaaaaaaaa

so just best girl now then (hurray!)

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Improbable Lobster posted:

ask me about a 60 year old man offering to pay me and my college roommates money to limp biscuit him

i deffo had an older dude follow me from app to app and site to site years ago

then he saw me in a panera one day and immediately ran into a corner to pull out his phone and frantically flip through the pictures i assume

it was extremely uncomfortable

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Shame Boy posted:

friend sent me this, holy moly what the gently caress is this dude's problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpWQhOWvfhY&t=60s

I'M GAY I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING

gross

now you have to start hormones! i don’t care about your personal feelings. are you a boy or girl gtfo

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

i am gay off the line too

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

me and my partner are planning on getting married but money and the pandemic hasn't made it any easier. one of these days we'll pop over and get the paperwork done and then we'll just have the ceremony whenever ends up being convenient

we did this and have zero regrets about the courthouse wedding (which was still a required ceremony actually)

just threw a big party a few months later at home. never had a hundred people in a condo before lol.

massive money savings. i know people like them but i would never want a traditional wedding.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

ultravoices posted:

i doubt i will ever have a committed live in partner again.

just an ever expanding solar system of comets and other stellar bodies, with orbits of varying eccentricity

nothing wrong with getting slammed from the heavens periodically

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

the reality show is just you deciding which lovely feline gets the red collar this week

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

i wouldn't be surprised if most weightloss before surgery was actually qrbitrary and not a medical nessecity

really depends on what sort of weights for the person. even without high bp or any of the other potential comorbidities being heavier just on its own makes a lot of aspects of surgery more difficult

also a difference between a surgeon saying they’re not going to operate unless someone loses fifty pounds and saying a patient really should lose weight to make the procedure safer but not making it dependent on getting the procedure

either way it sucks to have to focus effort on that in the best of times let alone right now. the pandemic makes everything about life more difficult.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

seriously started asking myself abt my gender in September last year, alongside my therapist

so far the answer seems to be “buddy you transfem as hell. saw my endo yesterday and left with a spiro scrip

so, uh

hi?

hey congrats on getting to know yourself! it's past time.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

thanks- and darn right it’s past time; wish I’d figured this out when i was 17 instead of 37, but better nate than lever at the end of the day i guess

this is how i feel about everything in my life. i still struggle with things that have been said/done to be but at the end of the day i'm still here and things get better all the time

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

lmao how have i never seen this before

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

I stab myself in the rear end once a week. Maybe I'll do something else once I get my scrote yote but it's working pretty good

we're talking about using a syringe

related to needle issues, when i got vaxxed i turned the chair around because i'm a southpaw and the lady's like, "are you scared of needles"? and i shook my head and she's like oh thank god

i guess it's been a real issue, and that has to suck for everyone involved

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

I dunno I try to remind myself that I too was once young and insufferable and that given time and guidance they can become like me, old and somewhat-sufferable

This did not apply to my one male coworker who would not stfu about NFTs (I had to duck out of the way on zoom calls to roll my eyes)

He eventually stopped and I'm pretty sure it's because he his ape or whatever got stolen

this is sort of how i feel

also, young people of all stripes do this in all domains of knowledge

being an excited young gay is no different, and i think it's worth having some sympathy, to some extent, when being around people who are getting to live their truths for maybe the first time in their lives

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

carry on then posted:

think i'll skip that phase thanks

nobody's suggesting it's required, everyone's different

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Shame Boy posted:

thing is dude wasn't much younger than me, he was just Like That

queers are often socially behind a lot of their straight peers for many reasons, some quite obvious

i try not to judge, just smile and nod

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Lady Radia posted:

correct, i never heard of different needles for draw/inject until starting estrogen

my mil is a nurse, well, just retired now, and one of her biggest pet peeves is when professionals don't swap needles for injections since it blunts the needle (she gave me my flu vaccine in her kitchen one year lol)

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Lady Radia posted:

got in a fight with a friend because they didnt see why trans sports bans or texas' marking transitioning as child abuse was a problem. yeah they're not my friend anymore. it's shocking how much the cis are open to soft genocide.

sorry to hear that; it always sucks when that happens

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

my dad always said that all the queers should be shipped off to an island somewhere and i’m starting to think it might be great

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

It's been five years or so now, 4½ since I've been out, and still after so many years and all those years before of just torturing myself I just raise my arms and giggle and say

hell yeah

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Lady Radia posted:

being a trans is great and awesome and magical

ok can i get u to cast some spells for me tia

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

still, only 3 months in to having estradiol patches, and being nearly 40 years old maybe there won't be enough physical changes for the questions to even matter, so i suppose i ought to not get too wrapped up about it all (yet)

i’m not trans so take all this with a grain of salt but how you end up can really vary from person to person. i have some friends who transitioned late in life and some of the changes were really shocking to them; i think it’s probably hard to predict.

there’s not really a wrong way to go and you should just do whatever you feel you need to live your best life. but how you feel now and how you feel in a couple of years may be pretty different.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

CHILDREN

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

there was a good discussion in here a while back about reusing needles and i just happened across this perfect youtube short about why exactly thats bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzLuZWWZ2eQ

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Lady Radia posted:

im super upset and nervous about coming out at work and maybe using the women's restroom despite looking like a loving dude and just overall hating myself and it's gonna suck so bad. i know it will. i dont really want to do it, but i really have to. :smith:

:sympathy:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

candy for breakfast posted:

hell yeah well done

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

cowsaw is pretty rad

there’s a new queer as folk out

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

Greetings from Dyke Day LA

i’m blue

da ba dee
da ba di

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Shame Boy posted:

is that a giant poop balloon behind you

look sometimes poo poo happens ok

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

congrats!

Ciaphas posted:

(e) the hair thing too, male-pattern balding can fuckin bite me, but turns out i like how i look in thin beanies, so that'll do :v:

maybe you’ll be lucky and see it grow back as your hormones adjust

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

this is perhaps exactly not the point but are you going to keep them, maybe preserved as christmas ornaments

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

lmao

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

lmao

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

candy for breakfast posted:

good thing they trademarked it.

"yogurtologist" seems kinda forced tho

it’s worse i think yogurtology is the name of the chain

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

ah so you’re here for…

*peers at paper*

an additional scrotum?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Johnny Five Testes?

“why do they call him the baker’s dozen?”
“it’s like this, you see…”

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

there is famously that dude on reddit that was born with two fully functional big dicks lol

so there’s precedent

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

LanceHunter posted:

I am certain that once extremely high-quality phalloplasty is invented, 99% of the people getting it will be cis guys who just want an upgrade.

hard agree no pun intended

lol 2250 if humans are still alive, half of all dudes of all stripes will be walking around with 14-inch dicks

leading their partners to create a societal movement praising the smol (read: bioaverage) penis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

:-)