Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEtvkH56UcU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I went looking for shoes one time and found nothing. also every shirt has lovely little sleeves

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
if you're not picky go to a thrift store, I got a dope skirt at one awhile ago

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
protip: if you don't want to or don't know how to shave your legs, wear pantyhose

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
<--- loving loser.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Apr 8, 2018

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
<--- loving loser.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
<--- loving loser.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
<--- loving loser.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
<--- loving loser.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

cis autodrag posted:

Knock it off or I will lock the thread until a mod can deal with you.

call the cops bitchhhhhh

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

jit bull transpile posted:

Ugh. A girl emailed the trans mailing list at work to share a distressing interview from a local npr show where the interviewer let a transphobic "activist" rail against trans people for 2 hours unchallenged. This lady even said things like transgender parents are more likely to rape their children.

The girls email suggested we contact the station to voice our anger that the interviewer didn't challenge this lady at all.

Immediately a bunch of "allies" jumped in to say how they're uncomfortable "shutting down opposing viewpoints" and how shouting down bigots makes us just as bad as them.

gently caress allies. As always, they will never see past their own interests when you are being harmed. I hate that there's no trans only group at work so you have to endure poo poo like this to be able to talk to other trans people at work.

I was gonna apologise for posting devine in this thread but it looks like you just want to talk about yourself

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
now you'll say "get out of my thread"

but you're just mad you cant talk about yourself

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
it's not an LGBTQ thread, it's just so you can talk about yourself

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

graph posted:

post again

my shoe size is 10 and a half wide, and I'm not going to mention my bra size

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

graph posted:

let's try posting constructively in here then :) or post whatever

gently caress you graph, for real

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I'm very conservative, so I like wearing long skirts. you can get them easy at thrift shops

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

do you have any issues with finding good sizes secondhand? i know a few girls who are trying to make over their wardrobes on a budget but it's pretty emotionally taxing for them to go into a store and find nothing that fits.

I always go to second hand stores. you might find something cool and nobody will gently caress with you if you want to try things on

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
that might not be an option if you're rich though

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

The couple of peeps I'm thinking of are in particular anxious about second hand stores because they feel conspicuous if they don't buy anything and you're banking on equally tall women having donated stuff. It's one of those early transition anxieties lots of us go through.

of course they're conspicuous, that's why they're at a second hand store, you dig?

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I thought this was a known thing. I'm coming at this as a very poor person though

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
if you're trans they wont let you try thing on at a normal person store

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I mean I can understand that people dont want second hand poo poo

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

I got most of my initial transition advice from other goons and friends through my work's resource group, and the secondhand stores where I lived at the time were known to be transphobic because they were all christian run.

Your perspective is actually really valuable here. I can't imagine going through transition back when I was working 5 jobs and still having to shoplift lunch to make ends meet. it's impressive that you're doing it anyway.

it;s impossible for me to transition, but I like hoodies and skirts tbh

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I'm mostly scared of getting my rear end kicked

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWHqgyWoeSk

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
this too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb_TeBGBY2M

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33B711hDgEg

lol sry

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I can't stop posting queer music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1uSSRcn7UE

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLdGIJHDEO0

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Illusive gently caress Man posted:

one of my co-workers just transferred to another office and I'm writing a "hey it's been great to have you on the team, sorry to see you go." email. Would it be weird to point her to yospos / this thread? She started transitioning a year or so ago and I feel like this is a pretty welcoming forum for trans people in tech + I've learned plenty here. In the past i def wouldn't because then they could see my bad posting, but now we're on different teams so it doesn't matter.

keep the internet as far away from your personal and professional life as you possibly can

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEtvkH56UcU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
the best part of being trans is hiding it constantly for fear of getting assaulted for not passing, and also the substance abuse

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

OldAlias posted:

if you don’t address this properly you might end up killing yourself one way or another. I’m serious, it’s a much more pressing concern than a fear of others

I'm old, it's ok

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

OldAlias posted:

no, you’re like 30 something

yeah! I've made it this far.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Stymie posted:

30 is not old only if you are old

feels old, dude. my poo poo doesn't recover as much as it used to

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
it sucks buying things at a store when you can't try things on. if they don't fit you have to deal with it or try to return it

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

you can try things on. literally nobody is looking at you. if it makes you feel safer go with a friend.

nah, they're looking. lol

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

OldAlias posted:

there’s still a lot you can do, and never is too late, but you’re young enough that you won’t need to worry about possible age related health issues with transitioning (if you were to). I know you have long hair - with hrt you’d get to keep it, and stop further masculinization. you can even trial this stuff, and not need to present outwardly one way or another if you don’t feel up to it. then maybe one day it gets easier and people see you how you feel, or at least you feel a bit less incongruous. before any of that it’s probably a good idea to talk to someone

it looks like a specialized clinic (Gender Health Program) in Edmonton opens in February. hopefully you can find accessible or sliding scale resources

you're telling me everything I already know and I'm sorry I brought it up in the first fuckin place

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

OldAlias posted:

honestly then what do you expect to hear?

what were you expecting to hear from me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
even if I transitioned I'd still wear jeans and t-shirts and hoodies because that's what I like. maybe I'd wear a long skirt sometimes but really