Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Parents said that if I continued standing up to my mother's emotional abuse, they would kick me out. The first time for one day, then for three to five days, etc.

So after contacting a friend they helped me fill out a form to an lgbt advocacy group -- and holy poo poo. Filling out the risk assessment meant dredging up a lot of lovely things I had blocked out, helped me validate the whole idea of getting help with benefits, submitting to the Welsh GIC, maybe moving out.

It feels like the unobtainable goal of moving out is suddenly much closer, although I'm scared by how unprepared I feel/am.

Improbable Lobster posted:

every time i've gotten bloodwork i've very nearly passed out (and one time did) so kudos to anyone that can stand getting em regularly

I've had to have bloodwork taken every year as long as I can remember. I can stand tentatively looking at it now but I can't watch the needle go in at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

new year, old me. maybe we can work towards new me sometime this year :)

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

hi rusty, vortmax, im gay

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

"🥺"

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

minivanmegafun posted:

someone on workslack abbreviated "orchestrator" as "orch" and I responded with "uh... please don't abbreviate it to that. i'll let you look up why on your own."

There's a whiskey sold in Lidl called "Glen Orchy" which as a trans gal I find it hilarious to buy (It's also just generally good whiskey)

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

hbag posted:

realized recently that i use the internet and computer-touching to distract myself from my gross and wrong flesh body and also distract me from thinking about what gender i am
looking forward to the day i can upload my consciousness to the internet but then again that would probably also suck eggs

Yeah I did this for ten years lmao. Computer touching is a wonderful cure for dysphoria

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

Hrm, maybe someone can cook up something to autodetect and splice accordingly? This is the dirk forum 🤷🏻‍♀️

yeah!

what format is everything in?

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

endlessmonotony posted:

secretly best girl is perfectly capable of building that tool, the only question is if that's a sensible way to spend time.

Not that that has stopped her ever before.

i mean, moooood

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

i'd consider hrt if there was some kinda nonbiney option that sorta stops in the middle where it'll confuse everyone

For what it is worth, South Wales WGS does exactly this. You sit down with them and they ask you ok, what treatments you want, how far do you want to go, etc.

It's pretty cool and they do things with trans masc folks who just want breast removal, or don't want that and want to do HRT. It's like a pick n mix bag of gender affirmation

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

I think the problem with injections is you have to just steel yourself and do it immediately and not give yourself time to express anxiety about it. Otherwise that anxiety snowballs and you end up driving yourself into a superanxious state and it still isn't done and now you're really scared and emotional about it. And your brain logs this experience and so it accumulates over time into just a dreadful, horrifying experience.

It's the same trick for dealing with automatic thoughts, no matter what hellish poo poo your brain comes up with, you kinda have to force yourself to breathe, forcibly go "that's ok", and move on, otherwise it's going to get worse, because it's fundamentally driven by anxiety.

Of course, the theory is sound but the practice is just super difficult to pull off lol

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

all of the above, including the combination one

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

it would be cool to have not just an lgbtqia+ thread but also a cgs (chat gay stuff) thread

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

I'm exhausted and tired and gay. and tired of this disenfranchised grief about change and moving ugh

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

i guess the EHCR has illegal guidelines now. lmao

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

:glomp:

I mean yeah we're all passing hella illegal laws here so it's not a great moment for us 😬

Personally im hoping for either a trans man to get forced to use a womans bathroom, or a gnc cis person to feel the wrath of these new guidelines, and then maybe they can fight it in court.

Like if a trans gal ended up in court over this, there would be the chance that a judge could decide against her, imo that is pretty impossible for a trans man or a cis person

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Ciaphas posted:

hell i said that much yesterday (in a spoiler bar admittedly :v:); i just didn't expect the danged things to ever leak, especially not at less than 3 months in

lol didn't think of that when i posted. sadly not

I uhh, I would tentatively advise u to get ur prolactin levels checked because that hormone causes breast milk production but also generally shouldnt be high enough in trans women normally to do that, and can sometimes be an indicator of Bad

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

Also I guess I have a skewed notion of what constitutes TMI

This seems pretty normal in queer groups afaik but perhaps can be quite jarring when it hits neurotypicals

Like the time I talked in detail about my intestinal surgery with a coworker at an extremely posh work party (in my defense, he asked)

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Yeah I did the big event (EMF Camp) and have no route to learn about any of the other local events anymore so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

if i get an orchi can i get three or four silicone balls put in

I know of at least one trans girl who got silicone(?) or water(?) injections in her scrote

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

yeah, the clinic that i'm getting hrt through is also sending my doc test results and i'm going to get my various juices checked regularly

the gender fluids

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

hbag posted:

yeeeeah but using someone who was raped, tortured and buried in a barrel of cement to base your moniker off is pretty hosed up

its funny that you're arguing this because a year or two ago you would have been on the other side of this lol

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

armpit_enjoyer posted:

while we're on the topic of, uh, "extreme" people

anyone remember that "i can't believe its not hrt" site that popped up a couple of days ago that absolutely was a honeypot? you'll never guess what happened: it absolutely was a honeypot.

https://twitter.com/seinfelddahog/status/1666972431167234048

the guy behind it used to run nazi roleplay servers in gmod for 14 year old kids and accidentally doxxed his entire patriot front clique because he tried lying to the cops on a public bodycam

lmao

e: on a tangential note -

https://twitter.com/musent__/status/1666688432628801538?t=QxIY0PcYU8c6o6gT8sWOkA&s=19

alexandriao fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Jun 9, 2023

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

not sure why the fash keep winning when they are repeatedly making the dumbest possible decisions and have zero opsec

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

oh right, the rich fuckers

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Silver Alicorn posted:

zero depth vulvoplasty doesn’t require electro either (or dilation) but it has its own drawbacks

idk, i heard of some people getting a whole fist in so there's no way i cant take that as a personal challenge to beat

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

quiggy posted:

i did want it at one point but had A Bad Experience so i just never followed through again

this mirrors my experience with voice training — specifically when my voice dropped into my boots in front of a full carriage halfway through buying a ticket :cripes:

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

im excited to go to pride this year

i deliberately missed it again this year for the nth year in a row because the main folks i was involved with started making poo poo up about me and because it was too hot and i couldnt stand an hour on the train getting sweaty beforehand

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

I've never had the chance to go to clubs or to pride and it fucks me up occasionally tbh

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Yeah something that I find kind of funny about the 2nd amendment defenses is the revolution argument. Like, the USA has loving predator drones and tanks. Nobody sane is doing an armed revolution unless they want a LOT of people to get obliterated

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Shame Boy posted:

i mean no you just need to have people in the military lean towards agreeing with you, so it'd prolly work great if you're a threeper or whatever

Yeah im sure the extremely not famous for being relentlessly fascist military will support an armed revolution uh huh

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

cube :)

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Piecemeal Papilla

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

did i mention i got to sit down with a psych for the first appointment

cuz i did and now I'm in the waiting list for actually getting hrt lol

its shorter so maybe by next year... bluh

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

I mean six months isnt a scratch on ten years of waiting/lacking enough social support to start the process

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Radia posted:

owned lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

i wanted to be like happy patch monday but then my patch adhesive completely and utterly failed and it turned out due to expiry i was only getting a smidgen of a dose from the patch anyway so now its Patch Sunday for me