Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I'm going to steal Christmas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm claiming my role as the Postman from Christmas classic Olive the Other Reindeer.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Quidthulhu posted:

Keane always tries to steal Xmas

I'll succeed someday.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I am going to write a compelling case and get the next person to join executed day one, and I'll be particularly cruel while doing it.

Encouraging people to not join this game is my ultimate "steal Christmas" move (copyrite do nut steel)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm Rudolph town cop Asiina is scum thank you god bless.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Your Personal Muse posted:

Actually it’s CC, he said he would be mean in his first case

I was going to, but then I got the role of Christmas Ham, the tracker, and tracked Asiina to the kill. (Asiina murdered the VT PMs.)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Asiina posted:

How is Ham a tracker? That doesn't even make sense!

Ham can't do poo poo!

Keane, are you lying in this here mafia game?

Listen buddy, I'm Charlie Brown's Christmas tree, self watcher, okay.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Guys I am starting to doubt CC’s claim. I think he’s just a d0 cop and not a self watcher bulletproof

I never claimed bulletproof...how would you know...unless you tried to kill me?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Monathin posted:

I believe Keane.p

It's usually the wisest course of action.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I am Jesus Christ, so think about how *I* feel. Everybody else gets presents. :(

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Monathin posted:

Check up is doctor softclaim, cmon, get it together

And with this, jokephase is over.

##vote Monathin

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Monathin posted:

If you wanna bus the new guy, be my guest. I accept this fate.

But also: I'm not scum, just bad! Of that I can claim.

First game?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

YPM why are you picking on new players. That's not very christmasy of you

Yep. ##unvote

Who are your top three you're most suspicious of Mona? I'm not going to vote you today.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Monathin posted:

Hey Keane, you still over there buddy, what's your opinions. You asked me mine at the time (they've since changed a bit but I don't want to play those out yet) and I never got your thoughts.

My dude, and the game in general: I am not going to be available to respond immediately and expecting someone to be omnipresent in a game is pretty silly.

That said I'd go quid right now, but I'm VERY curious to see your answers~~~

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Sorry if I responded more aggressively than was called for, I have been called out "for lurking" in games for not being at the Beck and call of the thread and it's deeply irritating to me.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Quidthulhu posted:

Can I call you out for dropping suspicions on me without anything to back it up? I’d love to call you out for that!

Oh yeah, that's absolutely a fair call out.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

Whoa Keane no need to be so defensive my dude

This has happened across multiple games and it's really incredibly frustrating. I don't work the same hours as many other posters and I don't always have proper internet access.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Like GeneX made a post about me disappearing less than two hours after my previous post. Come on now.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Quidthulhu posted:

Who scum, Keane

Monathin posted:

That's fine! I wasn't trying to call you out for lurking, sorry if it came off that way.

Anyway, some miscellaneous thoughts.

I think my biggest suspicions right now....

- I'm much more inclined to think of Asiina because of a lack of presence for what is nearly a whole 24 hours but I'm not gonna go for lurker bait twice in one post, so I'm willing to give a little (but not much) leeway
- I have no clue where flerp stands. I can't tell if he's playing aggressive just cause that's his style or if he's trying to do some 'being so aggressive to double bluff people off thinking he's scum' nonsense.
- Speaking of aggressive, I'm slowly coming around to the idea of YPM biting off way more than should be reasonable, but again, unsure how much of that is playing style and how much of it is puffed up scumhunting for appearances sake.
- I'm honestly seriously feeling a No Lynch D1 because I don't think any conclusions reached in the first day are going to be at all convincing of the greater majority and Town should still be at an advantage even if one of us goes down overnight.

And in fact I feel strong enough about that last bit to go for it so

##vote nolynch

Alright so basically I'm feeling Mona as scum and I was pushing them for three because I figured a newer player would probably put their scum buddy on the list. This post certainly does very little to alleviate my suspicions, so I'm going to focus on the three players Mona listed. Immediately you'll note that all three players listed are spoken of in alarmingly hedgy ways, and this continues my suspicions of Mona being scum.

Mona's post on Asiina is boiler plate lurker and I am not suspicious of Asiina at this time for it. Please note reasoning Mona has given.

Flerp and YPM are both viable scum candidates from this post, and I'm leaning fairly significantly on it being Flerp instead of YPM, since Mona seems to be setting a YPM juke if the no vote works out.

Anyway I'm going back on my word here, it's a 9 person game so no free newbie rides, sorry Mona.

##vote:Mona

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Quidthulhu posted:

Who scum, Keane

I don't really think you're scum I wanted to say the name of an active poster to draw a response from Mona. I will write an apology poem for you.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

This is Just to Say

I have finished
The post
That was for
The game thread

And which
You were probably
Hoping
Would name Hal

Forgive me
They were aggressive
Elite
And so bold

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Quidthulhu posted:

Asiina’s effort post ruined my perfectly timed poem signature

I'm glad you appreciated my apology poem. It's gotten me out of a lot of jams over the years.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Fire in the apartment next door, guys, big hole in the ceiling, had a day.

My vote stands, I'm happy with it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm fine and no meaningful damage to personal property, so it all shook out alright.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hi hello

I feel good about YPM this game, he seems far townier than last game we played.

Keane... I am still a little put off by his defensiveness and his follow-up explanation for it. Everyone gets frustrated I guess but I have NEVER known Keane to give a poo poo if people think he is lurking when he's town. I don't feel great about him at all, and I am a little less forgiving of the gotcha on a newbie than you are, although he pulled back a bit on that (but got back on sooooo).

It's been bothering me more and more since my work hours have gotten increasingly more unusual and, I think, there has been a significant movement toward POST POST POST as a game play methodology, which is a bit off puting since it ends up with people with availability different than the norm end up getting accused of lurking. I've certainly gone through this before and if you'd like me to link you to a game I'd be happy to do it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

GeneX posted:

Yeah, it’s an eclectic bunch.

Quid called for Asiina’s aid after flailing at YPM (and YPM getting mad at me for posting thoughts here instead of, like, a word document) so I was wondering if you saw something there; I didn’t, for the record, but Asiina’s usertitle is a riff on your username so I figured you’d have the meta-knowledge I lack.

Mona’s been the main discussion point of everyone not named YPM, and Asiina voted for him with an okay D1 case that I disagree with mostly due to gut feel from Mona’s posts (specifically, that his aggressive attempt to catch me in a lie and his post voting for no lynch stem from naivety more than scum intent.)

Quid’s posting a lot and seemingly critical of some criticism of Monathin, but that link I’m trying to figure out is tenuous at best.

Oh and ##vote CCKeane: gimme your thoughts on Asiina, Quid, YPM, and flerp, most importantly the latter three. You said, if I’m parsing right, that you thought Quid was suspicious, then dropped him out when you listed Monathin, YPM, and Flerp as your current thoughts of possible scum. Any follow up?

As a side note: I want to lynch bowmore at dayend if he doesn’t do anything

I mean, Quid was pretty much a throw away suggestion and I do have a strong bad feeling against Mona, so of course my cases are going to be focused on them (Hal while I get your point, and it's taken, I do think a game of 9 is significantly different than a game of 15, so I'm less inclined to give anybody a ride.)

YPM reads better now, Hal reads fine. Asiina is fine too. Point on Flerp stands.

Can I ask why you wouldn't vote bowmore? I'd like to hear your reasoning.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Anybody got any questions for me because I'm bearing "break out the scotch" o clock.

I don't really like scotch but beggars can't be choosers and that's what was in my flask.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

GeneX posted:

Leaving my vote on a dude that is questionably even reading the thread doesn’t do much; I want him gone as a “gently caress lurkers(as in, actual lurkers, not people just busy irl)” policy thing, but if I’m voting for him I lose the ability to add that weight to my words and requests for clarification.

Yeah that's a good take, that reads as legit.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Monathin posted:

To -attempt- to defend myself here, I realized very quickly that if I tried to talk myself through that situation at the time, I almost definitely would have been hammered on as I realized how little sense I was making with all the accusations being thrown around (including the ones on me, which I honestly can't defend because I was acting pretty stupid)

I spent yesterday mostly looking at the other people discussing the thread to see if there was anything I could put together if I removed myself from the equation for a little bit. I'm still having a hard time determining people who are for real shady but I I have at least one strong conviction I'll probably vote on here i na moment after I re-read everything.

For what it worth, you seem like a good poster and I really hope nothing here discourages you from playing - unfortunately a nine player game discourages freebies and I feel like I kind of have to vote the player I think is scummiest.

Please keep playing and I really hope you stay with the community.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I think I feel better about Mona today?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Like Mona's posts and reactions feel alright.

I'm liking Asiina and YPM as town.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

flerp posted:

quid feels a lil less uhhhh feisty i think is the right word and its a lil weird that quid popped into d2 with basically 3 posts that said "hey no one is scum hunting" w/ 0 scum hunting in them (i know ypm brought this up but its still weird 2 me). i think im null on quid rn, but his playstyle, while less bombastic as usual, makes me lean towards slight town.

ypm is pinging me a bit. hes really aggressive and feels like hes trying to steer the conversation and its giving me bad vibes. tho tbf i get bad vibes from ypm in like every game so it could just be that his playstyle pings me but im getting not good feelings.

keane i feel is scummy. he hasnt done much. most of his post histories is his joke phase and then complaining about not being active (his only real case was on mona but apparently he's changed his mind). id like to know who he thinks is scum, since hes made a fair bit of town reads now.

mona im not sure about. i think he's really self conscious (which is one of my normal go-tos for finding scum tbh), but the problem is that self consciousness is as much of a tell of scumminess as it is a tell of a newbie.

You and Hal.

Merry Christmas.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Quidthulhu posted:

Yeah, I think I might agree with this just as a gut read, although I am also not liking that Asiina vanished.

Keane, what about Asiina is making you feel good about her?

Asiina's case on Mona was absolutely brilliant, one of the towniest cases I've ever read.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Outside of posting reads and a case, I haven't done much, I agree.

In related news, Tom Brady hasn't done much other than throw a football, smh smh.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

GeneX posted:

I would argue that making one reasonably solid vote, posting “I think these dudes are town and these orher dudes are scum”, and pretty much nothing else is maybe the bare minimum one can do without basically just lurking.

Like, where’s the reasoning? The questioning of others? The follow-up on the vote? There’s a lot more that can be done during the day, and giving as little as possible for others to work with is frankly good scum strategy and poor town play.

I dunno, I’m starting to think this is a whole bunch of culture shock.

I mean, you're throwing a lot of words and saying very little, so different strokes.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Alright.

##vote:Gene

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Except you provide equivocations for the individual actions, not just the alignments. There is a difference between
“Boy I don’t know about that Hal, he did kick that puppy but he also once held the door open for me, I think he’s probably town”

vs

“Boy I don’t know about that Hal, he kicked a puppy which could be scummy depending on if the dog has ever hurt anyone in the past but also it’s a dog so it’s scummy, and he also held the door open for me which might be scummy if he was going to close it really fast hitting me in the butt but just missed, but he’s probably town”

One gives clear insight into your thought process, the other is just you barfing every possible scenario and coming to an arbitrary conclusion

This is a good post, but I wouldn't want to use it to build a fence, so overall it cancels out.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

We vote slowly today ty.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Quidthulhu posted:

It’s a toss up for me between flerp/Asiina/Hal at this point because they’re all lurking a bunch.

Could be Mona too.

I don’t know at this point! Thought it woulda be Gene.

I was initially thinking Quid, but I reread and I don't feel it.

I'm going to give Mona another look. That was a hard ping from me day one, I probably shouldn't have talked myself out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

Agree there is not a lot to analyze. I still have my suspicions of Keane, and his "warning" today feels unnecessary. It's not like this game has been filled with turbos or anything

We've all played in """games""" where somebody shoot from the "hip."

• Locked thread