Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Monathin posted:

Also Christmas mega sucks when your birthday is two days before so gently caress Christmas

Mine is 4 days before so I totally understand

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

GeneX posted:

jesus, dude, don't fullclaim on d1

Are you counterclaiming?

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Your Personal Muse posted:

How else would you be able to survive Asiina visited you if sheís scum? Bad case bad player.

QFT

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

YPM why are you picking on new players. That's not very christmasy of you

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

GeneX posted:

impressive reasoning

the problem is this: it's wrong

strong response, I like it

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

That's fair.

I actually don't love Gene's response to you, a little too flip. But I don't want to vote them

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidthulhu posted:

Hold up:

A contradiction! What gives, Hal?

I left that there just for you quid!

I liked his spunk when he posted that but on reflection I didnt like the feel of the post in response to what YPM had said.

I definitely like his most recent posts though, the right kind of aggressive

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

What the gently caress is an RVS

Jokephase

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidthulhu posted:

Yeah thereís no way that dude is scum

Feeling YPM, maybe Hal too. Even as a joke thatís a pretty abrupt turn around that looks more reactionary than genuine.

There was no joke, just an immediate reaction and a considered reaction

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidthulhu posted:

##vote Hal I donít buy it

Pffffft ok buddy

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Whoa Keane no need to be so defensive my dude

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidthulhu posted:

Game dead?

People work?

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

But I am here now, where are you?

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am excited for maf

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidthulhu posted:

But Hal if you're still here can you drop some thoughts?

I am going to get to my reread but I kinda wanna wait to see what bowmore finds with fresh eyes, which hopefully he will do

Hi hello

I feel good about YPM this game, he seems far townier than last game we played.

Keane... I am still a little put off by his defensiveness and his follow-up explanation for it. Everyone gets frustrated I guess but I have NEVER known Keane to give a poo poo if people think he is lurking when he's town. I don't feel great about him at all, and I am a little less forgiving of the gotcha on a newbie than you are, although he pulled back a bit on that (but got back on sooooo).

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CCKeane posted:

This has happened across multiple games and it's really incredibly frustrating. I don't work the same hours as many other posters and I don't always have proper internet access.

I have to say though that I certainly have 100% empathy here

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

GeneX posted:

Hey, ##vote Hal get in here and talk. No rush, because Iím done using my brain for the night, but give me thoughts on Quid, Asiina, Monathin, and the interactions between all three

This seems like a strange group to lump together.

I think Asiina's vote on Mona makes me feel pretty good about her. I don't think she would fake a case on a new player on D1 and even if I don't agree with everything she's said I can see where she is coming from. Would also like to see what is being knit.

Mona I am having a hard time discerning if it's awkward new player or struggling scum. Not a lot to like in the posting so far

Quid seems pretty town so far to me, he's doing typical Quid stuff

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidthulhu posted:

Hal come back and answer my question!!!

Also can we get a bowmore modkill or something, a nonexistant player in a 9 person game is rough

Sorry when is deadline here. I got called into work today and now I just found out I have to fly to Montana so I am leaving for the airport but Iím going to try and get thoughts in before my flight

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Monathin posted:

Deadline is Midnight EST tonight.

Ballllllllz

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidthulhu posted:

Hal's taking too long. I'm a little confused why he's feeling off about Keane for being suspicious of Mona and then praises Asiina for making basically the same case in his "reread." Feels like a faking mistake.

I still am skeeved out by YPM but I'm gonna assume everyone else is seeing things I'm not and trust the town here.

Keane is definitely town. I like Gene for town too. Mona I liked for town but they have basically vanished after Keane dropped his gotcha so that is probably pretty telling.

Everyone else I'm a lil shrug about. Maybe flerp is bad.

Would vote Mona, Hal, in that order.

Sorry man they donít let me post on a plane

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

Sorry man they donít let me post on a plane

I forgot what you even wanted from me, but it was why I felt good about Asiinas case?

I thought I basically answered this anyway, but even though I didnít completely agree with her case, I could understand her points and they seemed like genuine thoughts. I also think that while Asiina is mean I donít think as scum sheís try so hard to fake case a new player.

I do wish she would post more regularly in here but who am I to talk

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidthulhu posted:

See but she made the same points as Keane who you said you were feeling was being disingenuously so idgi

I also donít like that you immediately jumped to being defensive about me saying you were taking too long. That wasnít throwing shade at you, I knew you were unavailable because you told us. I just didnít want to wait any more.

Well I believe you can make the same points in different ways. There is scum making fake points and town making incorrect points. Most of the time town is still wrong in mafia, I always look at tone and intent with posts as my main reads with the actual content itself secondary. Iím pretty sure you know this about me by now!

Sorry if I seemed defensive, but in the same post you said you were tired of waiting for me you also listed me as your second scum read so you know it felt like maybe a little attacky

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh jeez deadline is super close. Guess ##vote Mona is all I can do

People I feel good about : Quid, YPM, Asiina (less than those other 2)
People I donít like much so far (Keane, maybe Gene his last few posts arenít so hot to me)
Unsure: monathin, flerp
Person we really should just kill: bowmore

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hrmmm gene having his vote on Keane this late makes me think they are unlikely to both be scum

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Please dont let this be yet another NL in an Opop game. I swear somehow we can never kill anyone in his games

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CCKeane posted:

Anybody got any questions for me because I'm bearing "break out the scotch" o clock.

I don't really like scotch but beggars can't be choosers and that's what was in my flask.

Hope it doesnít smell too much like fire in your place

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sigh. Better luck tomorrow folks

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidthulhu posted:

Man I wish we had a votefinder from EOD yesterday. I'ma try to figure out who was where.

Me, asiina and I think Gene were voting mona, mona was voting someone, I think you were voting someone, and I don't think anyone else was voting.

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Monathin posted:

- My current gut feeling is that Flerp and Hal are both scum. They've both been on the fringes of discussion but haven't contributed to it in any meaningful way, and have not answered questions/suspicions asked by myself or Quid with what I feel are satisfactory answers, and I feel as though Quid's case on Hal is still probably the strongest scumread we've got.

LOL quids case that I supposedly was inconsistent on my read of you?

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Monathin posted:

More specifically that you were inconsistent on not liking Keane's read on me vs Asiina's read on me when they were literally The Same Exact Read, but yes.

So my entire point about tone, etc... meant nothing to you? Asiina and Keane arenít the same person and they didnít say the exact same thing or approach it in the same way. I made that very clear in my initial point on Asiina (that I actually did not agree with her case on you) and that I was saying what I said based on the feel of their posts and not the content.

But maybe you just donít get me man

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I was voting gene

Youíre a good man YPM

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Thanks bud your approval is the whole reason I play mafias

Ditto

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hey Hal, why are you not as gungho about Gene as I am? Gene is basically Mona without the excuse of being a newbie

Gene is on my list, I think heís much more suspicious than Mona at least

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CCKeane posted:

You and Hal.

Merry Christmas.

Awwww thanks I needed a new friend!

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidthulhu posted:

That's -2. Asiina, Hal, want to chime in?

Hey sorry life hasn't been great the last couple days so I fell behind. But thankfully that was like 15 posts so now I am caught up.

I think your case on Gene is pretty decent and I have had a bad feeling from him so this is probably the way to go. He does touch my heart with his recent posting though.

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidthulhu posted:

Someone die already Jesse

Gene died at least

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

https://youtu.be/4feIwig2AtA

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

FAST PACED

Adbot