Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Scarlet
Cool +3 | Hard -2 | Hot +1 | Sharp +1 | Weird +1
Harm: 0:00 | XP: 0/5 | Barter: 4-1

Paying 1 barter for lifestyle

I stare into Corgi's eyes as he talks. I have no idea why he changed his mind and I don't care. I'm not leaving without getting my money. While I'm trying to make it look like I'm not even concerned about the hardbois, I keep an ear out in case I hear them trying anything.

"The time for revoking the job and payment was before I went and did it Corgi," I say calmly. "Why should you make me do work and then get to back out of our deal?"

I have no idea what the thing in the box is. It's some kind of metal square with a faded display and all kinds of buttons and dials. There's labels, but not in any language I've seen before. But that's not what I'm interested in now.

@Scarlet (Heliotrope): 2d6+1 Read A Sitch = (4+5)+1 = 10
Which enemy is most vulnerable to me?
Which enemy is the biggest threat?
What should I be on the lookout for?

quote:

Scarlet, the Battlebabe

Look: Woman, casual wear, sharp face, calculating eyes, slim body

Stats

Cool+3 Hard-2 Hot+1 Sharp+1 Weird+2

Moves

Ice cold: when you go aggro on an NPC, roll+cool instead of roll+hard. When you go aggro on another player’s character, roll+Hx instead of roll+hard.

Visions of death: when you go into battle, roll+weird. On a 10+, name one person who’ll die and one who’ll live. On a 7–9, name one person who’ll die OR one person who’ll live. Don’t name a player’s character; name NPCs only. The MC will make your vision come true, if it’s even remotely possible. On a miss, you foresee your own death, and accordingly take -1 throughout the battle.

Healing touch: when you put your hands skin-to-skin on a wounded person and open your brain to them, roll+weird. On a 10+, heal 1 segment. On a 7–9, heal 1 segment, but you’re also opening your brain, so roll that move next. On a miss: first, you don’t heal them. Second, you’ve opened both your brain and theirs to the world’s psychic maelstrom, without protection or preparation. For you, and for your patient if your patient’s a fellow player’s character, treat it as though you’ve made that move and missed the roll. For patients belonging to the MC, their experience and fate are up to the MC.

Dangerous & sexy: when you enter into a charged situation, roll+hot. On a 10+, hold 2. On a 7–9, hold 1. Spend your hold 1 for 1 to make eye contact with an NPC present, who freezes or flinches and can’t take action until you break it off. On a miss, your enemies identify you immediately as their foremost threat.

Perfect instincts: when you’ve read a charged situation and you’re acting on the MC’s answers, take +2 instead of +1.

Gear:

Rifle (ap ammo, scoped), (3-harm ap far reload loud)

Handgun (semiautomatic, silenced), (2-harm close)

Fashion worth 1-armor

Oddments worth 4 barter

BATTLEBABE SPECIAL
If you and another character have sex, nullify the other character’s sex move. Whatever it is, it just doesn’t happen.

Advances

Get an Ally (Absinthe, Ally: Confidante)
Get a move from another playbook (Healing Touch, Angel)
Get +1weird (max +2)
Get a new Battlebabe move (Dangerous and Sexy)
Get a new Battlebabe move (Perfect Instincts)

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Sep 11, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm: 0:00 | XP: 0+1/5 | Barter: 3

I continue to stare at Corgi for just a moment longer. Then I upend the table and make a grab for the weapon.

@Scarlet (Heliotrope): 2d6+4 Act Under Fire = (4+4)+4 = 12
Includes +1 from Read A Sitch
Marking XP for rolling Cool

I take the revolver and open it, dropping the bullets onto the ground. "Not my problem," I say as I toss the gun aside.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm: 0:00 | XP: 1+1/5 | Barter: 3

"It's not them you have to worry about," I say, before making a dash to get behind him. I slip past the hardbois and get Corgi in a chokehold. I don't apply pressure just yet. "Now have those two leave."

@Scarlet (Heliotrope): 2d6+4 Go Aggro on Corgi = (1+4)+4 = 9

If Corgi sucks it up he takes 1 Harm

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm: 0:00 | XP: 2/5 | Barter: 3

"Right. So, what else are you going to give for payment? The fuel cards are a good start, but not worth the full amount." I ease the pressure, but still keep him in the hold. "And don't say whatever it is I brought here. It's clearly trouble, and I have no desire to make Vaya angry at me."

@Scarlet (Heliotrope): 2d6+1 Read Corgi = (2+5)+1 = 8
How can I get Corgi to give me full payment?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm: 0:00 | XP: 2+1/5 | Barter: 3

I think about his offer for a moment. Shouldn't be too difficult, right? Still, my eyes fall on the device I brought here. I am curious about what's going on with it and Corgi to be honest - might be good to know what's going to happen in the future. I feel the Maelstrom come in, and all the color fades out of the world. Black and white, except for the device. What color will it be, and what might I find out?

@Scarlet (Heliotrope): 2d6+1 Open Your Brain = (3+1)+1 = 5
Marking XP for rolling Weird

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm: 0:00 | XP: 3+1/5 | Barter: 3

With a shout, I flip up to my feet and pull out my pistol. I have to get out, and back to my father. The hardboi tosses the match, but I see the color fade from her. It will be no problem to get through.

@Scarlet (Heliotrope): 2d6+1 Visions Of Death = (5+3)+1 = 9
The hardboi dies

I run towards the door, firing at her on the way. I don't want her being a threat by the time I get to the exit.

@Scarlet (Heliotrope): 2d6-1 Fight Your Way Free = (2+4)-1 = 5
Includes +1 from Read A Situation
I win free and get away, inflicting 2 Harm on the hardboi

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm: 0:00 | XP: 4+1/5 | Barter: 3

I put my gun away and look at the ground, ignoring the people with the buckets. Corgi has that swamp vehicles of his, I bet he took it to flee. But the imprints on the ground will let me know where he went and I'll take it - over his dead body, if he desires. I head to the back of the shop in a run, following the tracks. Whatever is going on at the gate isn't my problem.

@Scarlet (Heliotrope): 2d6+3 Hunt Prey = (6+4)+3 = 13
I've driven him slightly outside Waterway, where Vaya's rules no longer apply
Marking XP for rolling Cool, and my advance is taking Absinthe as an Ally: Confidante

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm: 0:00 | XP: 0+1/5 | Barter: 3

As I reach Corgi, I have my rifle out. I draw the scope to my eye, and aim it right at him. "I don't know what happened back there, but put everything valuable you have on the bike and give it to me." My finger is on the trigger, ready to pull if he tries to do anything else.

@Scarlet (Heliotrope): 2d6+3 Go Aggro on Corgi = (3+4)+3 = 10
If he sucks it up he takes 3 Harm (ap)
Marking XP for rolling Cold

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm: 0:00 | XP: 1/5 | Barter: 3

I don't say anything to Corgi. We're done talking. When he and his hardboi leave I take the rope and work on pulling the trike out myself. Soon enough it's out of the muck and I hop on, riding as fast as I can to get back to my father. Who was that woman? What did that vision mean? But those questions will have to wait. I twist the throttle and go as fast as possible.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm: 0:00 | XP: 1+1/5 | Barter: 3

I bring the trike to a stop, looking around the area. Where's the cabin? What's going on? I shut the trike off, and wait a moment for the silence to fill the air. Then I let the Maelstrom in, watching the world become dark and gray - except for something that will show me where my father is.

@Scarlet (Heliotrope): 2d6+1 Open Your Brain = (6+6)+1 = 13

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm: 0:00 | XP: 2/5 | Barter: 3

I blink. What's going on? I turn my gaze from the clouds to my father.

"Hello Dad. The job with Corgi didn't go as planned. Hold on, let me bring back what I got."

I head back to the trike and drive it to the front of the cabin.

"Has anything happened since I left?" I pause, but then decide to tell him everything. Maybe he'll know what this means. "I delivered some kind of device to Corgi, but he tried to refuse paying me. Said I negotiated it back, but as we were leaving it did something and I had this vision of you stabbed by a giant tooth, with me holding it. A woman of some kind called me a murderer and said 'a life for a life. I woke up and one of Corgi's hardbois tried to burn down the building but I got out and tracked him down." I point to the trike. "He was trying to flee with it. I came back here and the cabin was gone for a moment. Then it was burned down and you were crucified on them. And now it's back and you're here."

I pause, realizing I just put a lot out there. "Oh...sorry. A lot went on. How was your day?"

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm: 0:00 | XP: 2+1/5 | Barter: 6

"Corgi is still alive," I say. "I got what I wanted from him, even after his betrayal. But I'll never do anything for him again. And thanks." I head inside and towards the bath. I put all my gear aside for now, along with my clothes, and get inside the tub.

I sit there for a while, thinking. The Maelstrom is acting up, so I guess that's why Dad isn't worrying about what I told him. Still though...that woman who appeared to me in Corgi's workshop. Was it really just nothing or is there something more going on? I close my eyes, sinking deeper into the water. It might be fierce today but the Malestrom can let me know. As I relax, I feel it enter my mind.

@Scarlet (Heliotrope): 2d6+1 Open Your Brain = (6+4)+1 = 11

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm: 0:00 | XP: 3/5 | Barter: 6

I can barely feel the water anymore as I watch the winds. The winds point to the nexus...E'Kidnaw? Then The voice in my ear speaks of "Go" and "Canal." But it addresed me as Red Greenova, so perhaps it means something else? Does E'Kidnaw have anything to do with them? I focus on myself, pulling my mind away from the Maelstrom. I sense everything fading and the sensation of being back in the world come to me. For a second it feels like I'm falling and I flail in the tub, feeling foolish right away.

When I'm done, I head to the coals and take some of the soup to eat. Dad is already there, eating in silence. I sit down, eating some of it while I gather my thoughts. Then I speak. "I may have something to do after this. The Maelstrom showed me winds gather towards E'Kidnaw, I think. And then it told me that Go's life is in my hands, and that she and Canal will die without me. But it also called me Red Geenova, so...I don't know if that's the actual names. Do you know of anyone by those names? Or what it could mean?"

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

"Yeah, she is." I look down at my soup. I'll have to head back to Waterway but at least it wasn't E'Kidnaw. Whatever's going on can wait for another day, if I even want to head there. I wonder if the trouble has anything to do with that thing Corgi hired me for - before he backed out and tried to cheat me out of my pay. If so, I'll just tell Vaya the truth. Not my problem if Corgi gets into trouble with her because of it.

After eating, I check with Dad to make sure there's nothing else to do before heading out, get my things, place all the the goods I got from Corgi in the home, and start the trike up. "Might be a while before I'm back," I shout as I begin heading off. "See you then."

I head to Waterway.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

I'm thinking about what I'm going to say to Vaya, when I suddenly notice the ruined road. I slow down, and the smell of diesel comes into my nose. I pause, and then take a quick look around in case something's going on. I might not want to be here much longer.

@Scarlet (Heliotrope): 2d6+1 Read A Sitch = (1+3)+1 = 5
What's my best escape route?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm: 0:00 | XP: 3+1/5 | Barter: 6

As the truck slows down I twist the throttle and immediately begin to drive away as fast I can, off the road towards the swamp and away from whoever those people are. I'm not staying close enough to figure out the answer.

@Scarlet (Heliotrope): 2d6+4 Escape A Hunter = (1+2)+4 = 7
I lead them to Waterway

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm: 0:00 | XP: 4+2/5 | Barter: 6

I look at Vaya's boiz. I look over at the cargo boiz following me. The driver is faded, and perhaps the car will crash soon. I see the person in charge here, bright and practically glowing.

@Scarlet (Heliotrope): 2d6+1 = (4+5)+1 = 10
The driver of the car following me dies, the person leading Vaya's boiz out here will live
Marking XP for rolling Weird and taking Healing Touch from the Angel

Then I just drive in to Waterway, swerving to avoid any gunfire from either side - once I make it in, I can explain what's going on and maybe help.

@Scarlet (Heliotrope): 2d6+3 Act Under Fire = (6+3)+3 = 12

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm: 0:00 | XP: 1+1/5 | Barter: 6-1

I chew on the beans, thinking on what to do next. Getting caught in a siege wasn't my plan, but I can turn this to my benefit. I place my food down, stand up, and look over the walls to the land outside of Waterway. I focus, and the color of most everything fades away. Show me where the important people are, I think. If we kill their leaders, they'll at least be less effective.

@Scarlet (Heliotrope): 2d6+1 Open Your Brain = (3+4)+1 = 8

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm: 0:00 | XP: 2/5 | Barter: 5

Their leaders are farther off then I though, but once I get through the danger here I could find them. Or perhaps get their location from the people laying siege. They'd surely have to have camps set up. But then I see the crosshairs, and I feel the color rush back into the world. I duck down, behind the walls. drat. I take a look over the wall again, taking care to avoid putting myself in the line of a sniper again.

@Scarlet (Heliotrope): 2d6+1 Read a Sitch = (5+1)+1 = 7
What's my best way into the camp of the attackers?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

I start thinking. Them being in vehicles might make this a bit more complicated but a good vantage point and my rifle should help out. And perhaps...

I turn to Vaya. "I think I have a plan to disrupt the attackers. Can you give me grenades?"

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

"They're using the high ground. So I could sneak up on them by going through the creeks and mudbogs outside Waterway. Once I get close to them I'll figure out who's leading them here and take them out. I could use my rifle, but grenades would inflict more damage and cause more chaos. Then we could figure out where the people who sent them are."

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

I nod, and begin to check my gear. I can hold the rifle above the muck, perhaps move my pistol holster a bit higher. I could clean then later, but getting rendered useless in a dangerous situation could be the end of me. I came here after a relaxing bath in my father's home but now I will submurge myself in filth. No getting around it - might need a bit longer of a bath this time.

I ready myself.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm: 0:00 | XP: 2+1/5 | Barter: 5

"Thank you." I take the satchel and put it on. Then I carry my rifle above the muck and begin making my way into the camp. I'm careful to try and make as little noise as possible, both to avoid alerting the enemy or the creatures that live here.

@Scarlet (Heliotrope): 2d6+4 Act Under Fire = (5+1)+4 = 10

As I circle back, I keep an eye out for anyone coming close and make sure to keep myself hidden. I take a grenade out and look to see if I can see their leader.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm: 0:00 | XP: 3/5 | Barter: 5

I look over the land, and eye the tent. There we go. I take one of the grenades out, pull the pin, wait until I have a clear shot, and throw it into the opening.

@Scarlet (Heliotrope): 2d6+3 Sucker Someone = (4+6)+3 = 13
They take 4-Harm area

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Oct 10, 2018

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm: 0:00 | XP: 3/5 | Barter: 5

Between the gang and the fulltrack, the fulltrack is obviously the biggest threat. I take another grenade, hurl it into the crowd, and begin running. I make a leap and begin crawling up the tank, making my way towards the hatch.

@Scarlet (Heliotrope): 2d6-2 Assault a secure position = (1+5)-2 = 4
I force my way into my enemy's position, and deal 2-harm area but take 2-harm back

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm: 6:00 | XP: 3+1/5 | Barter: 5

"gently caress!" I feel myself slipping and scramble to keep my hold on the barrel. I just need to swing onto the top of this drat thing and then I can toss the grenade in. I wait until the turret moves me to a better position and then leap off back onto the tank.

@Scarlet (Heliotrope): 2d6+3 Act Under Fire = (2+2)+3 = 7

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm: 6:00 | XP: 4+1/5 | Barter: 5

I pull out my rifle, and make my way to the smaller hatch. I try to avoid slipping off and to get the rifle barrel in the slits before firing at the people inside.

@Scarlet (Heliotrope): 2d6+3 Act Under Fire = (1+5)+3 = 9
Marking XP for rolling Cool, taking +1 Weird for my advance

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Cool +3 | Hard -2 | Hot +1 | Sharp +1 | Weird +2
Harm: 6:00 | XP: 0+1/5 | Barter: 5

I pull the bolt back, getting ready to reload when the cannon goes off. I wince, trying to focus on getting the bullets into the rifle. Seems the gunner is still alive. I look around and let the Maelstrom in. As usual the color fades from the world, but I look for where it remains - some clue of how to deal with the gunner.

@Scarlet (Heliotrope): 2d6+2 Open Your Brain = (1+3)+2 = 6

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm: 6:00 | XP: 1/5 | Barter: 5

I gasp in air as I bring my face up and begin to crawl somewhere I can temporarily hide and take a quick view of the battlefield. In the back of my head I'm keeping in mind the threat made to me by that voice. I might have get Dad to leave our home and set up in Waterway...or maybe I can track down the Saint and see if she deserves a bullet to the head. Perhaps both.

But for now I make it to some bushes and keep an eye out for anything I can let Vaya and her people know about.

@Scarlet (Heliotrope): 2d6+1 Keep An Eye Out = (3+4)+1 = 8
I get 2 hold, spending 1 right now to ask what's coming

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

"In a moment Rood," I say. I yell out, "VAYA THE FULLTRACK! IT'S HEADING FOR WATERWAY!"

Spending 1 hold to direct Vaya's attention to the fulltrack and give her +1 choice on a battle move

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Vaya noticed in time, but I still keep my eyes out for anything that could happen.

Spending my last hold to ask what's coming

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

"Vaya, hate to be bringing more bad news but something's coming!" The fact that nothing's showing up yet, the ripples in the water...I don't want to say it out loud but if it's a Destroyer we need to bug out.

"We may want to leave soon!" I shout.

Vaya gets +1 to any rolls made to leave

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm: 6:00 | XP: 1+1/5 | Barter: 5

I stare at the Destroyer, my rifle coming out even though I know it'd be useless. And yet...

@Scarlet (Heliotrope): 2d6+2 Visions of Death = (6+5)+2 = 13
The Destroyer will die, and Gonegirl will live

The Destroyer's color is gone. And Gonegirl, though laying on the ground and burned, is glowing brightly. I say to Rood, "Try and get everyone out of here." Then I begin firing, although it's more of a distraction to the creature.

@Scarlet (Heliotrope): 2d6-2 Lay Down Fire = (4+2)-2 = 4
Providing suppresing fire, denying the Destroyer the ability to move or act freely

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm: 6:00 | XP: 2+1/5 | Barter: 5

I put my rifle away as the Destroyer turns its attention to me. Looking around, I see a machete lying near a body. I lunge forward and grab it off the ground. Then I charge at the creature, running in a circle to make my way to its tail. I bite on the machete's handle so both my arms are free and leap on it, climbing my way up to creature's body. This thing has an incredibly thick hide - but the eyes might be vulnerable. I just have to make it up there.

@Scarlet (Heliotrope): 2d6+3 Do Something Under Fire = (2+5)+3 = 10

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm: 6:00 | XP: 3+1/5 | Barter: 5

I yank the machete out of the ruined eye, trying to ignore the deafening scream. I walk over to the other eye, carefully keeping my balance on the way despite the thrashing and roaring. I bring the machete up again, and then down on its remaining eye.

@Scarlet (Heliotrope): 2d6+3 Do Something Under Fire = (6+1)+3 = 10

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm: 6:00 | XP: 4/5 | Barter: 5

I hold on tight, feeling my feet barely managing to keep on the Destroyer as it stomps around. Blinding it is a good start, but there has to be more. As I move to grab the hair to help me stay on I brush past the grenades I got from Vaya.

That's it.

I use my free hand to pull one out, and then bring it up to my other hand and use a finger to pull the pin. I keep the lever closed, until the Destroyer opens its mouth as Vaya's people fire on it. Then I throw it in - aiming to get it into the throat.

@Scarlet (Heliotrope): 2d6+4 Do Something Under Fire = (4+3)+4 = 11
Includes +1 from Vaya's help
Marking XP for rolling Cool, will pick an advance later

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm: 6:00 | XP: 0+1/5 | Barter: 5

Taking Dangerous and Sexy for my advance

I hit the ground hard, a couple of gasps of air knocked out. I slowly get up on my feet and look. I look at the Destroyer, bleeding all over the ground as it lays defeated. The lack of colors means that surely, it will die soon. I begin walking to Gonegirl. The color is still there, but faded somewhat. I bend down, landing on my knees. I look for what I can do - but these are burns and bad ones. She'll live through this fight - but for how long after? I hold her head and begin to open my mind again and that's when I notice my hand glowing and the glowing transferring to Gonegirl and the fading of color everywhere and the area around us becoming...strange, and-

@Scarlet (Heliotrope): 2d6+2 Healing Touch = (5+4)+2 = 11
Gonegirl heals 1 segment of her harm clock

and she's...fine? Well no. But better. I can only stare in wonderment and confusion at what just happened.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm: 3:00 | 1-Armor| XP: 1/5 | Barter: 8-1

With what Vaya paid me, and what I got from Corgi I'm set for a good while. Unless something unexpected occurs, of course.

I'm not thrilled to be in Woodhold again, but it's apparently where the Saint is. I came here to think, maybe even get help on locating her from the Maelstrom. After all, I apparently can heal with a touch. Was that something I could always do or just something recent? But before I can make my mind up on what to do I hear the commotion outside. After taking a look and seeing what's going on, I down the rest of the beer in one shot, leave some jingle on the counter, and head outside.

I march up to the boiz, looking around to try and make sense of what's happening. "What's going on here?" I ask that out loud, but I watch them as I wait for a response. One of them has to be the leader, or the person they're following for now.

@Scarlet (Heliotrope): 2d6+1 Read A Sitch = (2+3)+1 = 6
Asking "Who's in control here?"

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm: 3:00 | 1-Armor| XP: 1/5 | Barter: 7

I watch what's going on, trying to figure out what to do. If this is local politics then maybe I should stay out of it. But Dremmer is talking about a harbringer of doom and beasts. Plus I might be able to gain favor at Stockards if he's someone important.

So I step into the war elk's path and look into its eyes. "Lord Dremmer, is he really the kind of danger you're describing? Or are you exxagerating for everyone else? I've dealt with Destroyers and those who use them before, they do not frighten me." I walk forward, keeping eye contact the whole time.

@Scarlet (Heliotrope): 2d6+1 Dangerous and Sexy = (5+3)+1 = 9
edit: It should actually be 10 since I have the +1 from Read A Sitch
I hold 2 and spend 1 to make eye contact with the war elk, who freezes or flinches and can't take action until I break it off

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Feb 12, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm: 3:00 | 1-Armor| XP: 1/5 | Barter: 7

"He's doing fine," I say carefully. So this man works for Dragon, and Dremmer doesn't want Stockard's people here. "This man is just someone from Stockard? You're fine upsetting them by shooting the messenger?" I move my eyes from the elk and look at Dremmer. If I do something about this, I should probably be aware of how Dremmer will take it.

@Scarlet (Heliotrope): 2d6+1 Read Dremmer = (6+3)+1 = 10
I hold 3, and spend 1 right now to ask "What's your character really feeling?"