Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

bartok posted:

Did you guys not see the part where Jason Jordan sneak attacked the Big Dog first to set up the match?

Which was after Roman called him a fraud trying to cash in on his dad's status. Then they had a hell of a match where Jordan more than proved himself a worthy contender, then Jordan actually saved Roman from Joe's opportunistic attack. Then Roman attacked him again anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
https://youtu.be/onISnnUFBUE?t=556

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
Paige looks like a walking genital itch.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

dromal phrenia posted:

CYOA:

Stone Cold Steve Austin is thankful for your help! In a gesture of gratitude, he offers you a beer.

If you accept the beer, turn to page 69.
If you do not accept the beer.... turn to page 69.

As soon as I wake up from the Stunner, I'm gonna say "nice"

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Ew Mandy Rose straightened her hair she’s like a 2 now.

Also I’m fat with a big comic book collection.

bartok
May 10, 2006

The Wheel of the Worst! So tempted to abandon Raw to watch it because I don't think we are going to top that opening match.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Jerusalem posted:

Austin ALWAYS beat up everybody, including his friends/allies. That was actually his character, however, plus he was over to a level that arguably nobody else has ever reached so he could get away with a lot of stuff.

I guess I don't remember him attacking his allies as much because most of my fond memories of Austin were him beating the poo poo out of Vince and Vince adjacent people.

Also that night the "Old Stone Cold" came back to save the WWF from the Alliance. Then again, he turned heel again like 2 weeks later, so that might not be a great example.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
Am I having a fever dream here or have we had like 5 ad breaks in the first 50 minutes?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

how do people sit through total divas

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Also the time Austin and Dude Love won the tag titles.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

how do people sit through total divas

I know, at my place there's at least 5 standing ovations per episode.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rhonne posted:

I guess I don't remember him attacking his allies as much because most of my fond memories of Austin were him beating the poo poo out of Vince and Vince adjacent people.

The one that always stands out to me is Mankind coming to Austin's aid, the two of them working together as a team to triumph, and then Austin proceeding to stunner him and talk trash to his prone body while the crowd went apeshit with delight.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Push El Burrito posted:

I know, at my place there's at least 5 standing ovations per episode.

like is there just a little "and then everyone clapped" alert that pops up and then you're supposed to applaud at home too or

also what ever happened to wwe story time.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Jerusalem posted:

The one that always stands out to me is Mankind coming to Austin's aid, the two of them working together as a team to triumph, and then Austin proceeding to stunner him and talk trash to his prone body while the crowd went apeshit with delight.

To be fair, attacking Mick Foley doesn't count.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Jerusalem posted:

And that gave us Dude Love!

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

i appreciated last week that Alexa was on commentary and could have helped Sasha against the women that jumped her the previous week but ehhhhh nah

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I appreciate that raw is usually light on wrestling but this really does feel incredibly slow and poorly paced. Please do things. Thank you.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
Surprised Sasha didn't get banned from Twitter for threatening to burn Paige's house down.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
The thing I miss most about Austin, and what I think the product is missing these days, is that there's nobody to loving root for.

You tuned into the show every week because you wanted to watch Austin succeed. He was badass, he was clever, he felt unscripted, he was a winner, he overcame long odds that were established realistically, he wasn't a whiner, and he was just flat-out fun to watch.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Sega Genesis 1994 fighter game box imo

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I appreciate that raw is usually light on wrestling but this really does feel incredibly slow and poorly paced. Please do things. Thank you.

There was a long (and decent!) match in the first hour so the pacing is different.

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

I'll take any excuse to have Mickie on my TV screen. Even if it is just pseudo-Lumberjack.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

fart blood posted:

"I know you didn't want help from that mutilated freak Mankind, you ain't said nothing about the hippest cat in the land! Baby, it's me, Dude Love, and I've come to save the day!"

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

How can this be Paige's house if it's already Roman's yard? :ohdear:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

bartok posted:

The Wheel of the Worst! So tempted to abandon Raw to watch it because I don't think we are going to top that opening match.

Aww man they uploaded a new episode???? Decisions.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

surf rock posted:

The thing I miss most about Austin, and what I think the product is missing these days, is that there's nobody to loving root for.

You tuned into the show every week because you wanted to watch Austin succeed. He was badass, he was clever, he felt unscripted, he was a winner, he overcame long odds that were established realistically, he wasn't a whiner, and he was just flat-out fun to watch.

*clears throat*

*inhales deeply*

... "BBBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN"

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

dromal phrenia posted:

*clears throat*

*inhales deeply*

You're right. Braun should be the Cruiserweight Champion.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Well to be fair we got a very long and very good opening match as opposed to the usualy 20-25 minute back and forth promo (there was also a long back and forth promo)

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Writer Cath posted:

You're right. Braun should be the Cruiserweight Champion.

Braun gets an Opposite Holly Scale.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Change my view: I never thought Paige was that great in the ring. She is decent and that’s it.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Didn't even complete the competition, SO TOUGH!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Show me the rear end

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

fart blood posted:

Austin's confused face when Dude Love shows up is amazing.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Well to be fair we got a very long and very good opening match as opposed to the usualy 20-25 minute back and forth promo (there was also a long back and forth promo)

I think that's probably what's throwing it. Wrestling? In the first hour? :aaa:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
This isnt a very exciting match. Can we get our weekly Asuka murders a jobber match already?

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

dromal phrenia posted:

*clears throat*

*inhales deeply*

Braun is awesome and one of my favorites, but he's not as versatile as Austin. Doesn't have the comedic chops and has more of a "scripted to be incredibly badass" than "unscripted" feeling to his appearances.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rhonne posted:

Austin's confused face when Dude Love shows up is amazing.

Him and Vince accusing each other of setting it up :allears:

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

That DICK! posted:

Show me the rear end

where u been

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
This match is plodding, to say the least. The crowd is dead.

• Locked thread