Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I'm going to kill, all the players,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I will use my night action, now

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
and you SHOULD apologize!!

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
oh no, peramene, the vile scum, has vote for me

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
peramene, seems to be melting down, or has crashed and is currently stuck in an irrecoverable state

and must be stopped

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
##vote hexwren

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
what the hexk is going on in this crazy thread

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

hexwren posted:

But this I don't get.

I thought that the following posts were too spooky

hexwren posted:

probably nothing good

hexwren posted:

Trying to derail town from getting any work done and maybe risking everyone in the process?

Do not taunt happy fun rampant system.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
between yorkie talking to himself and all the weird flavor(?) stuff, I can't tell what's actually happening except I guess I missed a 24h deadline in there somehow?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Podima posted:

This feels like an overreaction. You emptyquoted MMT saying that a NPC post made her suspect two other players more, with no other comment. Why the clap-back when asked about your intent?

I agree w this. I put a vote out early because it felt like wren jumped to attempted town derailing really fast.

Podima posted:

Would you say this is enough reason to vote MMT or not?

I'm conflicted about this because I feel like it's more likely that kind poster OMG assumed he could talk it up from 2 to 3.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
##vote natural 20

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Murmur Twin posted:

Can you quote posts A and B that you're referring to in this case? I literally don't understand what you're referring to :ohdear:

If you think I did that, why not vote me?

hi yes, hello. I would also like to ask these questions that were asked above

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
kill dorkshire! the person actually intent on white noising over d1, imqho

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Podima posted:

Hot take: Is Nat20's self-inflicted PR an artificial way to inflate his post count?

My other game has a deadline in less than half a hour, I'll catch up afterwards.

this is why I voted for yorkie but I also agree w hal

Hal Incandenza posted:

Until he made that recent post I was thinking he was using it to avoid scumhunting but his last few posts are very solid

I think I would like to kill wren, omg, or peramene, today

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Murmur Twin posted:

- votes Nat20 with no real case, later clarifies "he's using white noise to distract"
- acknowledges Nat20's casework is solid, by agreeing with Hal
- lists three other people he wants to kill, without explaining why or casting a new vote

He doesn't look like someone who is at all interested in figuring out who scum is. His opinions read to me like someone who knows he has to put some content out there and is going through the motions.

Snail: why Wren/OMG/pera? Why list those names if you're not going to case/vote for them?

I'm not really interested in filtering through natural 20's post restriction and feel his previous content posts were all a blur.

it's possible for me to agree w hal wrt natural 20's more recent posts being pretty solid. these things are not mutually exclusive. absent solid points, his posts are all fluff and white noise that actively distracted me from the early game.

reading the game like that, wren's over reactions were the only thing that stuck out. OMG's posting mostly trips me in that it feels like he's bumbling a bit like rusty scum.

I said as much to my big dumb idiot mason partner peramene, who arbitrarily decided to make a breadcrumb for both of us - be the third in a list, which means I had to make a list with at least three players, then post about it

after which I have not really posted in this thread, for at least 21h, over the period of friday night to saturday.

peramene has been peramene in mason discord, trying very hard to get me to spend time focusing on things that aren't finding scum, like coming up with a fun personal wincon for the masons. when I asked what peramene had in mind, peramene only suggested it be fun but ridiculous to any third parties, ie the kind of thing that has nothing to do w scum hunting

well, this has been my report

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

peramene posted:

regarding snail, I'm aware that this isn't normally a thing to say/admit to d1? especially seeing as, idk, what are you gonna do with it anyway? but for the purposes of transparency about something that i don't REALLY think matters a lot but whooooo knoooows certainly not mafia superstar peramene:

sentimental snail and I are in an unconfirmed masonry together. we share a discord chat with observers. the vast, vast majority of our posting together has been jokes - we are after all long-time associates and Good Buddies [relevant myst fact: his character lived but became stranded on an age that will not be visited by players for some time, a fate he shares with MMM]

we have not discussed scum-hunting whatsoever outside of a joking context ["wren is scum" "obviously you are scum"] however, snail has brought up that because I said to him, "dude if you ARE scum i think it would be soooo fun to be in an unconfirmed masonry with a townie so I'm jealous" and he went very thunk but I'm not sure how serious it was

regardless an unconfirmed masonry is not exactly the peak of joy, but my breadcrumb for the two of us was that in any list the three of us made of multiple players (at least after the first time I did it, I didn't initially think to include him in the plan lol), we both occupy the third slot of the list of players - my initial estimation was that day 3 would be a good time to come clean when it was unconfirmed anyway

I am pretty confident a day 1 claim like this will be taken on faith but it is easy enough to confirm and I'd be happy to go post-hunting, but obviously, I would prefer voting elsewhere than my snail buddy who incidentally has just informed me via phone prolly that he won't be here for like a half hour

also? i need like an hour nap hardcore (xanax-induced auditory hallucinations) so I am gonna hard peace-out for just a little bit but ya'll know me by now and now I'll read every word once I"m back in... gently caress, I just blew the first half hour on making some ramen. ugh. well, I'll be right back I GUESS

my secret role ability is to look at this, but in discord in addition to the thread

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Podima posted:

This pings me from MMT, on top of her jumping on the obvious [...] joke thing from pera. In fact, that's the second time I've said that about her in the span of just this first game day.

:yeah: :agreed: :same:

similar jump on a joke from the early game. given the number of times, this kinda feels like projection in retrospect.

Murmur Twin posted:

Actually hmmm ##vote OMG

On a reread OMG's first sentence looks a lot to me like scum trying to fake content. I can't imagine anyone actually taking b-minus' post seriously.

Murmur Twin posted:

I think 2 is the norm for 9-player games but don't quote me on that. Either way, I'm admittedly kind of suspicious of the way your mind jumped to "this is how I think scum would play it".

personally, it's this kind of weak But Don't Quote Me On That vibe that usually gives me bad feels about mmt. feels like her scum claiming, but being anxious about it, and following with But Not Really

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
##unvote

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
in light of the words I have posted, I think we should kill mmt, omg, or peramene

##vote murmur twin

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I'm feeling pretty indifferent about the mislynch on me, actually

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
lmao

right now, I'm not posting enough, not scum hunting enough, pushing one person too hard, and offering too many options

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Murmur Twin posted:

This is the case in a nutshell. Snail's opinions are fabricated.

Come on town, I know you can do it!

please point out the fabrications when you return.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
apart from all the other weirdness, omg is weirdly obsessed with the time between posts in this game that hasn't been going on long. weird!

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

hexwren posted:

why are you tying my name to a vote I wasn't specifically considering

hi yes, I was confused and asked, she means not voting

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
trying to save him now that he has some momentum, hm

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

OMGVBFLOL posted:

this is an extremely wtf thing to ask and we should revisit it D2, especially if snail flips scum

for future ref, I responded to her q in mason chat and didnt like her response

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
##vote omg

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

OMGVBFLOL posted:

my flip would not bode well for you

what

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

b-minus1 posted:

Nice job mmt. I did not expect so many self aligned roles in a 9 player game. I’ll have to rethink my strategy because I seriously thought this would be a town win, I’m so disappointed in that regard. Thanks for running the game FL.

nah, you did well and were the strongest town read I had after I was dead. you were fighting uphill even though you convinced omg since town was already the minority.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

chaoslord posted:

Murmur Twin pushing the “docs can’t self protect” thing should have been the biggest red flag and I’m amazed she got basically no flak for it.

Enjoyed reading this one! Congrats mmt :toot:

she was getting away with it because it was two town that have played relatively little vs three scum with no incentive to correct her

• Locked thread