Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I've been watching Myelin more and more for my lore fix lately. Covers a wider range of topics than Byf and doesn't spend the first 10 minutes of every video talking about other stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
there's a reason myelin got the job offer from bungie to work on the grimoire book,

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
*shooting invader from other side of map with a sleeper simulant* I play this game for the lore

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

I'm just now doing the sleeper sim quests and I have to do 5 heroic strikes. Are they planning on bringing them back or is this quest borked?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
yes, on tuesday

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

is there any sort of a "what 'should' i be doing" thing as far as content in this game goes? i was satisfied enough with the base game to buy into forsaken but now i've got a million things showing up as of the last story mission and i have no idea what's even relevant (if anything).

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

just... do it all. like there's nothing you are supposed to or not supposed to be doing.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Legs Benedict posted:

there's a reason myelin got the job offer from bungie to work on the grimoire book,

No gag reflex?

Deception
Nov 6, 2004
Your an idiot
My an idiot
So I haven't played destiny since the first one. Never got into the second one but hearing a lot of good things about this next expansion. Should a friend and I get this this game..? Any thoughts on what class to play? Usually play the Pally/DPS role in MMO's played a lock in destiny 1 but felt meh. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

mr bungo just drop the expansion early theres a dang holiday tomorrow!!!

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

jerry seinfel posted:

mr bungo just drop the expansion early theres a dang holiday tomorrow!!!

bungie employees gotta show up at 5am for standup and maintenance on Tuesday

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Deception posted:

So I haven't played destiny since the first one. Never got into the second one but hearing a lot of good things about this next expansion. Should a friend and I get this this game..? Any thoughts on what class to play? Usually play the Pally/DPS role in MMO's played a lock in destiny 1 but felt meh. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Hi new friend!!!!!!!

You should definitely give the game a chance now. It’s finally good and only getting better. You can check the past two pages here and see some of the praise from folks. We weren’t doing this months ago.

As for class, they’re all viable. Ciaphas just started playing and he is a Titan. He is a good man.

My friend moonman just started playing and loves Warlock. He is a terrible human being good man.

Do you is what I’m saying. Have fun with it, join a clan and discord and let’s help you have an even better time than you’ll have.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Deception posted:

The classes have no real role specifically, just different tools to achieve what you want. Warlock with its pool and new super falls more into that support role but can spec into doing ridico dps also. What do you think looks cooler, space marinez, tech-mage, or skipping hobo?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Turkey Farts posted:

I'm just now doing the sleeper sim quests and I have to do 5 heroic strikes. Are they planning on bringing them back or is this quest borked?

You can do the Vanguard Strikes list.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Orv posted:

You can do the Vanguard Strikes list.

They don't count for that quest.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Let's make this sexy, shiny, and slick.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Condoleezza Nice! posted:

they will on tuesday :)

Orv
May 4, 2011

Condoleezza Nice! posted:

I just did it the day the patch came out, they did.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Somebody must've used a Vanguard Boon

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

Siljmonster posted:

bungie employees gotta show up at 5am for standup and maintenance on Tuesday

just do launch the expansion and give everyvody the day off, let's watch the world burn

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Wrapped up Osiris tonihht, working on unlocking the mida 2 multi tool now, I like this kinda doofy poo poo just running around unlocking guns. More of this Mr bungle

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Siljmonster posted:

*shooting invader from other side of map with a sleeper simulant* I play this game for the lore

Yeah kinda, like the folk story stuff like the book of sorrows or Shax teaching kids how to play dodgeball are honestly good trashy pulpy fun.

Orv posted:

Which one of the two, I had someone in an EOW raid complaining they didn't count

Orv
May 4, 2011

Stormgale posted:

Which one of the two, I had someone in an EOW raid complaining they didn't count

The middle one.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

I thought I was out, but the Sun God's posts pulled me back in!

(also Gambit was fun)

Looking forward to playing with Aussies and whoever else is in our weird timezone

Cheap Trick fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Sep 3, 2018

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Cheap Trick posted:

I thought I was out, but the Sun God's posts pulled me back in!

(also Gambit was fun)

Looking forward to playing with Aussies and whoever else is in our weird timezone

Man. Glad to hear it. Yes yes, I know. (Don’t believe his lies) but this time, you do!

The game rocks and we do have a number of Aussies playing and rejoining now. So you should be in good company.

See ya in game! Reach out if you need anything at all.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Stormgale posted:

Yeah kinda, like the folk story stuff like the book of sorrows or Shax teaching kids how to play dodgeball are honestly good trashy pulpy fun.

If you're new or have any interest in Destiny's lore or even just real good science-fantasy writing, you should absolutely go and read the Books of Sorrow. They are pretty self-contained and just hecking good. Also goon-written.

Both Destinypedia and Ishtar Collective have them in full.

1stGear fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Sep 3, 2018

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Seconding this, the Books of Sorrow are excellent and are one of the main reasons I think TTK was one of the best expansions a game has ever received.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Thirding the Books of Sorrow.

I hear General Battuta's The Traitor Baru Cormorant is also great.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Waffle House posted:

Thirding the Books of Sorrow.

I hear General Battuta's The Traitor Baru Cormorant is also great.

Fourthing the sad books and yes, do yourself a favor and read his book. It's super duper good.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
General Butteata

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

:ducksiren: It’s a late two days but it still remains. We are at 2 days remaining until THE GREATEST EXPANSION EVER RELEASED IN THE HISTORY OF VIDEO GAMES :ducksiren:

Now who wants to be a real true guardian and wear THESE for Tuesday?

Pictured Above: Trust me, you can fit into these and you can win raids and pvp matches in these. Your KD will improve. This is free advice you don’t need to eBay me for.

And then, to also prepare, here’s a guide for what you should do before Forsaken. An example: spend all your glimmer on mods and dismantle those purple mods. It’s time.

https://www.gamesradar.com/destiny-...-big-expansion/

Tomorrow rocks because then we are only one day away. I already have my tissues ready and moat dug for all the tears.

Let’s all do some farewell raids tomorrow to prepare for Foreskin.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

who took my cosmic joke

i'll find my cosmic joke

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Post the new thread coward

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Post the new thread coward

I will never! We are going to the console thread now!!!!!!!

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
What?! I'm not talking to those scrubs.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

You’d have to fight moist for the keys to the console thread. Just a fair warning, one of the decathlons for the throne involves a lot of squats and shots in Vegas.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

gently caress you Uncle Gary

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

The Darkness Consumed You

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Orv posted:

I've been doing them continuously. They don't any more, I can guarantee it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Thread dead just like year 1 destiny and my career

• Locked thread