Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Got got. I am not merging with the consolers. PUHHHHLEASE!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
The new dawnbringer super is kind of boring. Not that it's terrible or anything, but sticking a sword in the ground doesn't really get me hype. The new nightstalker super looks really fun, but I didn't get to play with it. Looked really effective as an invader in gambit, though. At least when my competent teammate used it, and not when some other guy I saw used it.

The exotic bow felt weak, but I didn't use it for long until I swapped it out for a shotgun. Caveat: it was hampered by the insane sensitivity settings on the station which I didn't have time to fully adjust.

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Sep 3, 2018

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Tell me about this bow friend. Do you remember if it had a lot of ammo or fired in rapid succession? Which slot it was?

Just curious.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Are there any good deals around for just forsaken?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

QuasiQuack posted:

Are there any good deals around for just forsaken?

Gamesplanet with the FORSAK10 code is as good as I've seen. Might be some launch day stuff

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

That collaborative list of good lore things from the last page should definitely be in the new OP

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I hope Tess has some sick poo poo tomorrow I have about 10k dust saved up, but i'll probably blow it all on getting shaders out of the collection.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

So I stopped playing after Osiris cause everything was so repetitive. Getting back in now for forsaken: good? Bad? How much content are they adding for the :10bux: :10bux: :10bux: :10bux:

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

My ghost woke me up again. I picked up expac 2 to catch up and forgot they added levels. I died 14 times on a mission and sga thought I was drunk. But I hit 28 before I decided sleep was a good thing since I volunteered to work. At least we don't have to wait till October again.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Tatsuta Age posted:

So I stopped playing after Osiris cause everything was so repetitive. Getting back in now for forsaken: good? Bad? How much content are they adding for the :10bux: :10bux: :10bux: :10bux:

seems good

Lots of content

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
You genuinely can't believe anything that Bungie posts, because like "gripping campaign & 5x new Strikes" can actually be the same thing, but we know about three things that are confirmed good

1. Armor perks
2. Better weapons
3. Gambit

We won't know if the campaign and post-game are good until launch.

PvP improvement is also huge, but that's free so it's not a point in favor of buying the expansion

(It's also only $40 though so just like... buy it...)

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Just the simple fact that it's gone back to the D1-style weapon system is enough for me, it finally gives back a sense of real power to the player. You can blast off their heads with a sniper rifle or clear out an entire room with a shotgun and you don't have to worry about ammo or try to scrounge around for them so much. It's not just the power too, it's the sheer variety of loadouts. It makes an enormous difference.

The weapon system has long been my #1 complaint about Destiny 2, I have been incredibly vocal about it, so seeing it being reverted is an absolute dream come true. It's the one thing that has improved the game more than anything else.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

You genuinely can't believe anything that Bungie posts, because like "gripping campaign & 5x new Strikes" can actually be the same thing, but we know about three things that are confirmed good

1. Armor perks
2. Better weapons
3. Gambit

We won't know if the campaign and post-game are good until launch.

PvP improvement is also huge, but that's free so it's not a point in favor of buying the expansion

(It's also only $40 though so just like... buy it...)

Yeah I'm going to be extremely skeptical of anything about strikes until we see it due to how lovely all of the strike content in the two prior expansions was.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
imagine caring about strikes lmao

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I agree that strikes are bad.

Imagine not caring that they should be good, lol

celebrating buying bad content to own the libs

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The mars strikes are good

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Tell me about this bow friend. Do you remember if it had a lot of ammo or fired in rapid succession? Which slot it was?

Just curious.
It was the own shown here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIEoau25lBU
Energy slot, I believe it had special ammo. It charged and fired quite quickly. It just didn't feel nearly impactful enough, but I wasn't able to really land precision shots on enemies because the default sensitivity settings on the station (and basically every station at PAX, honestly) were absurdly high, and I didn't want to spend too long messing with them. The base bow mechanics felt pretty solid, so I'm looking forward to trying them more once Forsaken drops.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Yee there's always been an insane amount of archetype overlap (SMGs with lower ROF than autos, full auto Handcannons, No Land Beyond being a thing, etc.) so as long as they are fun to use I don't really care if they're a scout reskin

The REAL gun archetypes aren't impact/RoF... it's how good the sound fx and optic are

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Honestly I think what I care about most wrt strikes is variety. Whatever algorithms Bungie has going on for strikes is poo poo. I've done two strikes this morning and they were both Exodus Crash. The only thing more disappointing would be getting two Mercury story missions strikes in a row

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
fun fact: few months back they added a strike repetition feature in a patch and immediately had to turn it off because it broke the game

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

The mars strikes are good

It's too bad the nokris one regularly fucks you over by despawning a ball.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Fathis Munk posted:

It's too bad the nokris one regularly fucks you over by despawning a ball.

i have still never had this happen to me but it happened four times in a row to a friend of mine

i wonder what the gently caress.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I've had it happen once in the ~dozen times I've done that strike.

tgacon
Mar 22, 2009
Sort of related to strikeschat: I’ve had a foresaken chump Kramer its way into like three of them so far and I’m really, really liking the feature. They’re barely more than a speed bump, but they do spice up a run that you’ve done so many times you just sort of tune out.

I’m partial to the guy who was imprisoned for imitating the emperor, myself. Who’s yours?

tgacon fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Sep 3, 2018

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Fingers McGee posted:

My ghost woke me up again. I picked up expac 2 to catch up and forgot they added levels. I died 14 times on a mission and sga thought I was drunk. But I hit 28 before I decided sleep was a good thing since I volunteered to work. At least we don't have to wait till October again.

Godspeed my friend. Yeah I really did think you were drunk. It was like 3AM my time so I was trying to put two and two together. Live the dream!!

Tatsuta Age posted:

Most people quit because of CoO. It was that bad. But now, game rocks and it’s time to come back for tomorrow. We are probably gonna have 200
Goons on tomorrow. That’s what I’m telling myself. It’s a huge day with lots of hype all over the Internet. And it’ll be cool to explore all this together.

I recommend to anybody, just drop the cash. Let it ride. If you’re reading this thread, you know you love destiny so you might as well bite the bullet. You probably will do it sometime anyway.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Post the thread

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Post the thread

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

(put lore in it)

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I recommend to anybody, just drop the cash. Let it ride. If you’re reading this thread, you know you love destiny so you might as well bite the bullet. You probably will do it sometime anyway.

I'm going to be the voice of moderation and say that, if you're still doubtful about Destiny 2 or Forsaken, there's no loss in waiting a couple of weeks for people to get through leveling and into the endgame. Like, read through the first few pages of this thread and there's people saying CoO was good before we all realized that no, CoO was real, real bad.

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

After getting only one catalyst since May I received two today in back-to-back strikes. poo poo be weird yo.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I previously played this on console and I have a humble monthly key so I figured I'd give it a try on the PC with the Forsaken rework. I only played Titan so I thinking of rolling either Hunter or Warlock. Are either Space Wizard varieties in a bad spot currently?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

All classes are good

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Leveling up another class and getting it geared is super quick too if you decide to try something else

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Rest in piece McCaynde-6

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

FWIW I was convinced enough after being gifted the base game to buy in to the Forsaken + other DLC, and I can verify that CoO is pretty bad

BUT

Warmind was pretty good, and the Gambit PvEvP mode was amazingly fun for the one day I was able to play it, and the basic-rear end core game of D2 still feels good, so

here's hoping?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Huzzah!

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

FWIW I was convinced enough after being gifted the base game to buy in to the Forsaken + other DLC, and I can verify that CoO is pretty bad

BUT

Warmind was pretty good, and the Gambit PvEvP mode was amazingly fun for the one day I was able to play it, and the basic-rear end core game of D2 still feels good, so

here's hoping?

I have similar thoughts going into Forsaken. The weapon slot change doesn't make that much difference to me yet, though it is funny that I can run a sniper rifle in what was the "primary" slot

Looking forward to playing Gambit with clan buddies, maybe even with voice comms!

Also the chance to beat up Uldren Sov and take his stuff is sweet

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Where do I find this Drifter? Am I too late?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Unsinkabear posted:

Where do I find this Drifter? Am I too late?

He’s the Gambit vendor/NPC which means he’s gone until tomorrow when Gambit launches with Forsaken

• Locked thread