Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orv
May 4, 2011

calusari posted:

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46895

Some armor buffs detailed, including Synthoceps

Sunsinger is back, even if only a little bit. gently caress my Titan I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

PopeCrunch posted:

o dang, thank you friend!

Mods don't do much in general. I think having 3x Grenade Cooldown mods will reduce the charge from like 69.0 to 42.0 seconds, maybe? Not sure.

Don't sweat it if you've used a bunch already. You will eventually have a TON of the poo poo that people were freaking out was "only in Eververse" when the game launched. Check my inventory, for example

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

on one hand the optimal way to use them is to only use them on guns and armor you want in the endgame, on the other hand theyre mostly meaningless

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
drat those lock buffs look good and that lion rampant change is hella good.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Orv posted:

Sunsinger is back, even if only a little bit. gently caress my Titan I guess.

Synths are still the best non Hunter pvp exotic and Lion Rampant will let you play Starsiege Tribes

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Eej posted:

Synths are still the best non Hunter pvp exotic and Lion Rampant will let you play Starsiege Tribes

Are Synths used for the bonus melee damage or purely for the range increase?

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/1000136029620224000?s=19

Good. Worst boss in the game atm.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Synths have the biggest melee lunge increase in the game (it's like one character length more than Ophidian?) which you pair with Sentinel top tree to just murder dudes from across the room and activate your heal/shield after softening them up with an SMG or HC.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Are Synths used for the bonus melee damage or purely for the range increase?

100% range increase IMO, I have secured what would have been impossible kills so many more times than I have killed someone who was slightly out of melee kill range. You win what would have been a trade if they were in normal melee range.

LoL Bungie just watching everyone insta-bailing on Exodus Down and throw it in the Rat King pile.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

loving finally. Every time I load into exodus crash either everyone just instantly bails or its at the boss and I'm stuck behind a barrier and can't get through so I just bail. gently caress that strike.

puppets freak me out
Dec 18, 2015

Ah good, it only took them 8 months to realize that literally nobody likes that strike.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Servitor would be more fun to fight in that room than a warping captain tbh

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Yes. Best deal ever and you’ll get at least 60-70 hours on this game.

I got like 20 tops. Does battle.net or Bungie track my play time?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I had like 350 hours logged by the time CoO dropped.

At least 40 of that is like me leaving my PC on with D2 open while I go to work or something but when I saw that number in discord I was just like... how?

(Oh yeah I raided like 50 times)

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

How easy it to get the shader things? When I hit max level and settle into a gearset I'm going to keep for a while, I want it to be FABULOUS LAVENDER so how much will I hate myself by the time I get enough magic space god spray paint for it

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

You will very quickly run out of shader space and there will be no respite

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

Well I'm gonna offload poo poo like 'boring gray' and 'hot topic black' and 'scrotal fungus green' because purple is really the only shade I am interested in, I assume I can sell or otherwise trade in turd colors for space cubes or some other benefit

Like seriously the color I want is the sort of lurid purple that would make Prince (pbuh) go drat

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

You’re gonna be sitting in the shader menu holding F a lot then

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

PopeCrunch posted:

Well I'm gonna offload poo poo like 'boring gray' and 'hot topic black' and 'scrotal fungus green' because purple is really the only shade I am interested in, I assume I can sell or otherwise trade in turd colors for space cubes or some other benefit

Like seriously the color I want is the sort of lurid purple that would make Prince (pbuh) go drat

You can't really trade them except for getting tiny amounts of the Eververse currency if you destroy shaders you got from bright engrams. Shaders you get from regular engrams and planets just turn into (not much) money.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
The big issue with shaders is just how clunky the interface is. Before long, you will hit the maximum limit of different shaders you can hold and then that means you have to delete one of them to make room. Unfortunately it gets worse - you can only delete one shader at a time from stacks. So if you want to get rid of scrotal fungus green to make room for Princely purple, you're gonna have to individually delete your 102 scrotal fungus green shaders one at a time. Did I mention it's not even instant? There's a small cast time to do it.

:bungie:

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I have no idea how often Eververse stock changes or if the shaders are something that rotate but you can just go buy a really dope shiny pink/purple shader from it. The game utterly shits eververse stuff everywhere so it isn't even a thing to care about.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
just put the scrotal fungus in your vault, jesus

unless you are hoarding 1 of every possible item in the game the vault is more than big enough for all your mods and shaders and ships and sparrows and still room left over for some guns and armor and poo poo

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
So my co-op group grabbed the humble and we started D2.

Question: I have massive trouble using my Warlock jump abilities to boast up on ledges that the hunter and err.. big guy ... can easily reach. There was a place on the wave power plants were I fell in the water repeatedly because I could not jump high enough and reach the ledge with either of my 3 abilities. What am I doing wrong? Is there a secret to jumping?

And good god the load times. I have an SSD but the load times of this game suck. Loading the tiny farm hub takes ages and loading internet maps as well. And the greatest bullshit is the load you get when you join or leave a firearm.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
The warlock jump is good, you just have to get the hang of it. Hit the double jump immediately after jumping for max height.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Hopper posted:

So my co-op group grabbed the humble and we started D2.

Question: I have massive trouble using my Warlock jump abilities to boast up on ledges that the hunter and err.. big guy ... can easily reach. There was a place on the wave power plants were I fell in the water repeatedly because I could not jump high enough and reach the ledge with either of my 3 abilities. What am I doing wrong? Is there a secret to jumping?

And good god the load times. I have an SSD but the load times of this game suck. Loading the tiny farm hub takes ages and loading internet maps as well. And the greatest bullshit is the load you get when you join or leave a firearm.

For height on a warlock jump you want to quickly double tap space/jump button.

The loading times are just servers being garbage about party stuff, not your computer.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Wait so I have to double jump like a double click on a mouse instead of jump wait for height jump? That totally counter intuitive to every other game I played in the last 30 years. Why is this not explained anywhere? I was so annoyed yesterday...

kater
Nov 16, 2010

the warlock thing is more like a continuous jetpack than a booster thing. If you don't do it early its just pitiful.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Warlock jump is based on momentum

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
For warlocks, tap the spacebar once to do a regular jump, then tap a second time to turn on the jump booster jets, which will preserve your momentum from the regular jump. That's why you want to hit it quickly. Tap it a third time to turn off the jets if you want to land early. Titan works kinda the same way (although more vertical oriented), and hunter is just regular jumps.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Warlock jump is based on feces

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Warlock jump is based on hope

Cutscene Powers
Jun 7, 2010

geonetix posted:

All of my jumps are based on hope

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Yeah, hope that bungie patches warlock jump to be good

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Warlock jump is good, if you're bad with it's on you tbh.

It's just less forgiving than on other classes :shrug:

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
It's slow as gently caress and way more finicky than other classes, just because it gets you where you're going doesn't mean it's good :argh:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
:gitgud:

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

It’s funny because it’s true. The new lair added a lot of dimension to this

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Counterpoint: Blink is OP in PvP

Cutscene Powers
Jun 7, 2010

QuasiQuack posted:

It's slow as gently caress and way more finicky than other classes, just because it gets you where you're going doesn't mean it's good :argh:

On the other hand, it's good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
Warlock jump is actually really good. The only problems I have with it is getting too much height, or if you start floating when going down, but not down enough that it reverts to the flat float and you just slowfall into a pit. Warlock jump is a graceful float to wherever you want, titan jump is a wet fart that doesn't have enough juice to get you anywhere.

• Locked thread