Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
(all 69 active posters try to submit "It already was lmao" simultaneously)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Legs Benedict posted:

Gun catalysts

Not remotely worth it.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Man this thread is full of whiny goons. Also masterwork exotics are real good, finally you can poo poo orbs with your fav exotic gun. Orbs for days.

Also also:

Orv posted:

4/10, already been done better.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c

Orv posted:

Not remotely worth it.

:wrong:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
actually got some good comp goon games in. went around +400 the past two nights so redrix should definitely be doable at the very least, but if you're at all interested i would start the climb now because comp is gonna be a ghost town by the end of the season.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
shout-out to the bad lobby we tried to join so we got a loss as soon as the loading screen launched. because we lost the game before that, i lost 15 points in a game that never even loaded.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Orv posted:

Not remotely worth it.

New thread title please

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Orv posted:

4/10, already been done better.

I follow in the footsteps of great men, absolutely :patriot:

But this ain't Reddit, pc thread, y'all don't get to downvote your own clowning lol

Orv
May 4, 2011

cvnvcnv posted:

I follow in the footsteps of great men, absolutely :patriot:

But this ain't Reddit, pc thread, y'all don't get to downvote your own clowning lol

You're right it's not Reddit, so why are console people still shitposting in the PC thread like it's 2004 and anyone gives a poo poo what you play a video game on? Destiny 2, it turns out, is bad for everyone.

E: Granted it's not like it gets any other use.

Orv fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Jun 5, 2018

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
they call it console cos thats what you need to do to people who play on them LOL!

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
2004 humor aside what are people's expectations for Forsaken, honestly? I'm kind of glad in a way we're getting to the point where the first real long-term changes are coming in, but I'm also apprehensive a little. We're expecting the expansion to be at the standard we were initially expecting D2 vanilla to come in - a natural extension of the Y3 age of triumph that ended the first game so well. I guess I'm cautiously optimistic but won't be too surprised if it also falls flat on its face?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

2004 humor aside what are people's expectations for Forsaken, honestly?

My expectations are very low after watching that teaser. It takes very littel effort to add scrap and rubbish to the reeft map.

Of course, DLC's are not DLC's. Everything else that comes at the same time the DLC may make the DLC worth it.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
After years of Destiny games it seems like TTK and Age of Triumph were just a total accident. Especially with Destiny 2 it’s very clear that Bungie still has not a single clue how to make good video games.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
I'm starting to play this again, but I feel like to really get me back they would need to get their poo poo together and really up their game when it comes to content production. I'll probably not resist and end up buying this expansion if I can buy the other dlc on the cheap, but unless they really defy all expectations and show up with massive amounts of content, once again I don't see myself buying a season pass.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

2004 humor aside what are people's expectations for Forsaken, honestly? I'm kind of glad in a way we're getting to the point where the first real long-term changes are coming in, but I'm also apprehensive a little. We're expecting the expansion to be at the standard we were initially expecting D2 vanilla to come in - a natural extension of the Y3 age of triumph that ended the first game so well. I guess I'm cautiously optimistic but won't be too surprised if it also falls flat on its face?

I wouldn't expect a Y3 level of polish or content at all. I would expect, at most, a TK 2.0 style expansion that brings the game in line with decency, maybe even 'good'. What I genuinely expect is more like TK 1.3, maybe 1.5. Good ideas, but probably not everything that needs to happen, because I sincerely doubt any studio could do that amount of work in the time they have.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Given how little competition they have on the market, I don't think they need to do much to get people back into playing it. I really hope we are not just getting re-sold destiny 1 assets anymore, but I'm pretty sure I'll be disappointed.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I would like the new DLC to put the game in a state where everything good from D1 is present and there's also a lot more stuff. it's incredibly lame how D2 is just D1 with poo poo cut from it.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

I would like the new DLC to put the game in a state where everything good from D1 is present and there's also a lot more stuff. it's incredibly lame how D2 is just D1 with poo poo cut from it.

I remember thinking at release that it would be just fine if d2 was just more of d1. The trouble was that it was actually less of d1...

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Did they unfuck shaders yet?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Spudd posted:

[Destiny 2 design guy voice] buddy, they won't even let me unfuck it

Orv
May 4, 2011

Spudd posted:

Septembeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer!******

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Looking forward to the stream today to learn about Destiny 2's launch.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

1stGear posted:

Looking forward to the stream today to learn about Destiny 2's launch.

Agreed. We may finally get a release date for Destiny 2.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

So, place your bets on this being a $30 expansion.

CHA CHING

Stream is live in 30 minutes.

Pseudophile
Dec 25, 2007

I'm just now getting back into the game, since all the people I was playing with abandoned it.

I forgot how drat smooth and fun the gunplay is.

Anyway, I tossed an application to 2Chill2Serious, on Discord my nick is Jaquio, and my Battletag is Jaquio#1539

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Reveal stream starting in a few minutes.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

You can equip weapons in multiple slots

Random rolls

FIRE KNIVES for gunslinger

Stormcaller can Kamehameha

BOW AND ARROW

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
All of this looks dope but I wish I had any faith left to believe Bungie could make this work.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

This is going to rule. September is going to own. Yesssss. Watch the drat stream.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
GUYS GUYS THERE WILL BE ITEM COLLECTIONS loving FINALLY

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
That new raid is loving gorgeous.

I am hyped.

OpaqueEcho
Feb 8, 2003

oh no no bro oh no
pretty stoked about new subclass paths, my Voidwalker has needed to be able to teleport around for too long

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Haha there's an annual pass for the DLC.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Fathis Munk posted:

Haha there's an annual pass for the DLC.

someone was saying its gonna be something like 100 canadian for both

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

I it was said here already, I'm looking forward to the release of destiny 2.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Can't wait to invade somebody's gambit and get teamshotted.

I prefer the Sleeper/Polaris/EP style progression rather than D1 style theorycraft perks which was the death knell for my interest in the game, so I'm skeptical of random rolls except that if they can make some kind of re-roll system then at least it's manageable. Everything, including god roll purples, should have defined progression paths and where you build up to it, not "play forever and pray".

On the other hand, it may not matter at all because if that one image is correct they're going to be asking for US Dollars every three months now, which is not just too rich for my blood but should have hilarious consequences in things like "Iron Banner will have power level enabled."

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/1004039627643150337

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

OP is updated. Adding road map now and what comes in Annual Pass and you can get your info there. Thanks AAB for the notes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
I guess I’m not sure what the Annual Pass does. Will it increase light level or is it cosmetics? Raid Lairs? Replacement for the two smaller expansions?

Wish they gave more info.

• Locked thread