Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
They will not drop anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Welp, I know what I’m doing September 4th. I have messaged Mr. Bungie for a mass armor deleter option on that day. Stay tuned.

Mr.Fuzzywig
Dec 13, 2006
I play too much Supcom
Why in gods name wont they make y1 armor drop with the new mods? I dont mind grinding for all the armor i need to wear again but i like the way some of the y1 stuff looks. Removing it from the game is asinine.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
It would be extremely stupid for them to have a big event where you earn fancy armor then invalidate it a few weeks later. So yeah, that's probably what they're doing.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Yeah the mods stuff I don’t remember reading.

Welp, see ya forever Y1 armor.

What constitutes as Y1 armor? That everything that’s been dropping that’s purple and below?

I think bungo are being disingenuous with the way they've released the info on y1 armor. Either that or I'm misinterpreting, I refuse to believe that bungie are willing to write off the models for all the armors they've already produced. That full errant knight set you have masterworked and put your best y1 mods on will not be able to use superior y2 mods that I accept, but that we won't see the models for all y1 armors either introduced a while after forsaken is released as new items that can take y2 mods? No way, this is the company that reuses a single assault rifle model 3 times with a different skin/stats; and reuses storyline missions as heroic strikes.

No way we don't end up seeing errant knight 2.0 or kerak type 3 armors within 6 months of forsaken dropping. If they're not already part of the expansion.

Irritating to lose all those masterworks though.

The only head scratcher with that line of reasoning is why can't solstice armor take y2 mods, with their production being so close to forsakens release.

rocket_Magnet fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Aug 18, 2018

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Gotta make way for all the newly (lol) designed asymmetrical armor!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

If they don’t do my armor like a tuxedo style then I will have no choice but to report Mr. Bungie to the BBB.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
let the past die...... kill it if you have to

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

It’s basically true. Time to move forward to the games actual launch.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Live Team has decided that the only way they can save Destiny is to entirely purge Y1.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

rocket_Magnet posted:

I think bungo are being disingenuous with the way they've released the info on y1 armor. Either that or I'm misinterpreting, I refuse to believe that bungie are willing to write off the models for all the armors they've already produced. That full errant knight set you have masterworked and put your best y1 mods on will not be able to use superior y2 mods that I accept, but that we won't see the models for all y1 armors either introduced a while after forsaken is released as new items that can take y2 mods? No way, this is the company that reuses a single assault rifle model 3 times with a different skin/stats; and reuses storyline missions as heroic strikes.

No way we don't end up seeing errant knight 2.0 or kerak type 3 armors within 6 months of forsaken dropping. If they're not already part of the expansion.

Irritating to lose all those masterworks though.

The only head scratcher with that line of reasoning is why can't solstice armor take y2 mods, with their production being so close to forsakens release.

Knowing Bungie, they'll divy the year 2 versions of the Year 1 armor across the three Black Armory DLCs.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
All the new armor will probably just be the old armor with added/removed greebly bits and slightly different ways of taking shader colors anyway.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

DrNutt posted:

All the new armor will probably just be the old armor with added/removed greebly bits and slightly different ways of taking shader colors anyway.

so better

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

1stGear posted:

Live Team has decided that the only way they can save Destiny is to entirely purge Y1.

I threw out virtually all my Y1 gear when Taken King came out so I'm okay with this.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Mill Village posted:

I threw out virtually all my Y1 gear when Taken King came out so I'm okay with this.

Y1 D1 gear couldn't come with you into Y2 levels, so Y1 didn't matter at all.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Mill Village posted:

Would love that prestige of hanging onto my season 1 guns tho

tgacon
Mar 22, 2009
Ok, as someone that Sun God Avatar has lured back into the game for Forsaken (I just bought Warmind yesterday) should I just delete the weapon/armor mods I have now to make room? Can someone please link to a good primer on how mods are going to work going forward?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Don't delete them now! They will turn into y2 mod parts

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

tgacon posted:

Ok, as someone that Sun God Avatar has lured back into the game for Forsaken (I just bought Warmind yesterday) should I just delete the weapon/armor mods I have now to make room? Can someone please link to a good primer on how mods are going to work going forward?

Hey tgacon!!!! I remember you very well. :)

Here ya go!

Masterworks

• ⁠10 levels of masterworks for weapons (up to 10% boost to a stat)

• ⁠Upgrades cost masterwork core(s), glimmer and legendary shards

• ⁠At tier 7 you get a new column of kill trackers you can switch between

Mods

• ⁠All guns have a mod socket now

• ⁠Some mods they showed were:

• ⁠Icarus (increased accuracy in the air)

• ⁠Freehand (better hipfire accuracy)

• ⁠Backup Mag (increased mag size)

• ⁠Target adjuster (better target acquisition)

• ⁠Radar adjuster (immediately get back radar after ADS)

• ⁠Minor Spec (More damage against base enemies)

• ⁠Major Spec (more damage against higher level enemies)

• ⁠Boss spec (more damage against bosses)

• ⁠Counterbalance (reduces recoil)

• ⁠Mods drop on/with weapons

• ⁠Dismantling weapons will give you the mod that was in it for use in another gun

• ⁠No artificial light level mods

Misc

• ⁠Showed Box Breathing (increased damage when scoped in) on linear fusion rifles

• ⁠Elemental gun types will be locked to whatever the current value is when the changes go into effect

Crucible:

• ⁠All shoulder charges are 1 hit kill again

• ⁠2 hit melees again

• ⁠Tether will now activate faster to be more reliable

• ⁠Stormtrance damage buff

• ⁠Golden Gun duration increased

• ⁠Increased throwing knife damage (2 hit kill)

• ⁠3 tap HC kills (2 body 1 head) (Aggressive 110 archetype shown)

• ⁠Warlock rifts buffed to account for quicker TTK

• ⁠Spawn with special ammo, respawn with same amount of special, can get special from kills

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

rocket_Magnet posted:

I think bungo are being disingenuous with the way they've released the info on y1 armor. Either that or I'm misinterpreting,

From the TWAB on 8/2

quote:

Some items will still be available in Season 4, such as destination weapons and armor sets. Other Year 1 items will be retired from vendors when Destiny 2: Forsaken releases on September 4, 2018:

Vanguard
Year 1 weapons
Year 1 armor
Seasonal rewards
Crucible
Year 1 weapons
Year 1 armor
Seasonal rewards
Gunsmith
Year 1 weapons
Year 1 mods, which will no longer be obtainable
Year 1 emblems
Ikora (Vanguard Research Packages from Meditations)
Year 1 armor
Year 1 emblems
Trials of the Nine
Year 1 weapons
Year 1 armor
Year 1 shaders
Year 1 ships, Sparrows, and Ghost Shells
Iron Banner
Year 1 weapons
Year 1 armor
Year 1 shaders
Year 1 ships, Sparrows, and Ghost Shells
Cayde’s Stashes
Year 1 emblems

While these Year 1 items will be retired from these vendors, their stock will be refreshed with new gear featuring random rolls, ready for all players to earn in Year 2. Some items may return in Year 2, but not exactly as you remember them

so you can turn in tokens and get fresh planetary gear (guns and armor)
you can use all your saved up tokens and get fresh vanguard, crucible, or gunsmith stuff
you can even get fresh copies with new slots of the Y2 IB armor when that rolls around.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I know it’s a lot to take in and there’s some pretty dumb things happening with the armor, but we survived dumb for the past year.

This happened in the previous game just like Taken King and well, we are doing our Taken King2: The Kingening on September 4th and that improved the game by a landslide. So much so, it basically put the game on the map for quality when it happened.

I got faith this will all work out. Praise the sun.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
could be worse tho, cuz this is a way bigger upheaval than TTK was

They could... Bungle it!!!

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

I hope they let us kiss the orb finally

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Let me kiss the cup, Calus.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

So they made a big hue and cry about getting solstice armour, but are going to invalidate it pretty much immediately?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Kessel posted:

So they made a big hue and cry about getting solstice armour, but are going to invalidate it pretty much immediately?

they weren't shy about this

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Kessel posted:

I see it more as having a vague light level advantage when Forsaken launches.

What even is the base light level for Forsaken anyways?

EDIT: Also, you know what never goes out of date? That sweet instant summon Solstice Sparrow. Vroom! Vroom!

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Where should I go for Solar grenade kills for the Solstice armor?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Mill Village posted:

Where should I go for Solar grenade kills for the Solstice armor?

like most of the objectives i found the hephaestus adventure on mars to be the easiest

just get to the end when you defend the terminal and you have a literally endless supply of thrall to kill in a relatively small space

equip sunbreakers and the dawnblade tree that lets you get energy back for airborne kills and you're good to go

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I did all my grenade stuff at the infinite Nessus cave. I would basically get 50% every run. That cave rocks. Just search Nessus infinite cave and you’ll see the video.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I did all my grenade stuff at the infinite Nessus cave. I would basically get 50% every run. That cave rocks. Just search Nessus infinite cave and you’ll see the video.

this requires an Enemies event to trigger, which is not guaranteed

i know this because i have literally been idling at this stupid cave for 45 minutes with no event happening while i watch baseball

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Shadow Thrall room in Whisper Heroic is also a good place. That's where I did my Solar grenade kills

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Legs Benedict posted:

this requires an Enemies event to trigger, which is not guaranteed

i know this because i have literally been idling at this stupid cave for 45 minutes with no event happening while i watch baseball

While true, you have to truly deserve the spawn. As a noted good person, I get this constantly. Bootstraps...

No you’re right though, it’s not guaranteed.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Legs Benedict posted:

equip sunbreakers and the dawnblade tree that lets you get energy back for airborne kills and you're good to go

100% this.

If you can find an empty mars instance, start and EP, herd all the thralls together and blast them with a nade.

Suck-A-Sage
Nov 11, 2008

Fathis Munk posted:

If you can find an empty mars instance, start and EP, herd all the thralls together and blast them with a nade.

This is what I did too. Trigger EP, nade the first wave of thrall, immediately fast travel to jump into another instance. Objective complete within minutes.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
finally got my redrix

free at last...

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Are you gonna get the Broadsword?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I mean he gets it for free as soon as forsaken launches since he has the claymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
good games tonight boiz that was a lot of fuckin mercy rules. new IB zone rules are wild

• Locked thread