Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Waffle House posted:

Im bummed the same, but I didn’t expect it at all with the PC release dropping in October like you said. There was just not going to be time.

What does PC release have to do with it? The game was already out on console. The release date of PC shouldn't effect events whatsoever.

They just didn't have time because D2 was rushed. Which is why PC was delayed. They just had too much work on their hands. Its not a problem of the release timing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
It's hilarious how many Nightstalkers are trying to play Fun Police but can't actually follow up their supers with regular gunfire.

Section Z posted:

Very true. But damnit, why is it so hard for "Slow fire, higher impact" guns to not get screwed over in content? The way the game actually shakes out, it's no wonder Spammy or explosive revolvers and scout rifles are the best all around forever. High impact only helps in Sandbox and regular strike missions, and even then explosive ammo weapons still get to bodyshot things to death faster.

"My better devils can't quite kill legionaries in one headshot, but at least my Steady Hand/Bad News/etc can-oh I only need to bodyshot a legionary twice with better Devils? It can one shot kill a psion by shooting them in the foot? huh."

"My MIDA can't quite 2 shot a legionary, but at least my Frontier Justice can-Oh it's heroic strikes. Now Frontier Justice needs as many headshots as a mida to kill them, it just does it slower."

Kind of takes away from how special my better devils feels, when half the reason it's so popular is that other guns get hosed over the more subtitles titles your content has, while it remains as effective as ever whether it's sandbox of fancypants endgame content. I use it constantly, but it's because trying to use cool guns that can quickly pop heads in content A and B, just mean I need twice the time and ammo in modes C and D.

Better Devils pops the Psions in the shadow realm with one shot, it's still good.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Zaphod42 posted:

The problem is that D2 was rushed just like D1 was. They developed D2 while they were still making the last D1 expansions and then since D1 was kinda losing steam they shoved it out the door.

nope

d2 was due in 2016, they delayed it by a year

Zaphod42 posted:

They just didn't have time because D2 was rushed. Which is why PC was delayed. They just had too much work on their hands. Its not a problem of the release timing.

what? no. they didn't even do the PC release in-house

how are you so consistently wrong about poo poo

Legs Benedict fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Dec 19, 2017

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Legs Benedict posted:

nope

d2 was due in 2016, they delayed it by a year

Game software is impossible to schedule and almost always gets delayed. Many games are delayed multiple times. That doesn't mean it wasn't rushed.

Meanwhile the best games of all time, Half-Life 1, Half-Life 2, Halo 1, etc. end up with ridiculously long development cycles where they actually get everything right before they release the game. But publishers these days don't play that.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Legs Benedict posted:

what? no. they didn't even do the PC release in-house

Which just shows more evidence their team was overworked and had no time to make some event content. They were probably all busy on CoO at that point then.

Legs Benedict posted:

how are you so consistently wrong about poo poo

Oh gently caress off.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Eej posted:

It's hilarious how many Nightstalkers are trying to play Fun Police but can't actually follow up their supers with regular gunfire.

Better Devils pops the Psions in the shadow realm with one shot, it's still good.
This is the opposite of my entire problem. I'm glad the Better Devils is good, I just hate guns that are NOT better devils get hosed over by scaling.

I know Better Devils can lazily one shot body shot a psion due to explosive ammo dealing nearly double body shot damage. But guns that can one hit headshot a legionary in strike missions while the BD can't quite do it, get edged out into no longer being able to do so. While the better Devils doesn't even notice a difference and people say "But Better Devils is great, what's the problem?" and has explosive turbo bodyshot damage on top.

Same difference for scouts. Where slow fire high impact types get edged out into needing an extra headshot like everything else on a variety of enemies, so your slower rate of fire gets you nothing in return. And everyone looks at this gun that used to only need two headshots on all trash before you started playing Heroic and up content getting hosed over and says "But Nameless Midnight/MIDA still kills things as fast as it ever did, what's the problem?"

EDIT: Full disclosure. In all PvE shootmans games, I get INCREDIBLY salty over "Whoops, your carefully aimed headshot only ALMOST killed them!". So having this as an explicit phenomenon of scaling in D2 pisses me off more than any amount of PvP losses ever will. Being reminded that the better devils can still do it in two body shots only further highlights the source of my irrational nerd annoyance.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Dec 19, 2017

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Half Life 2 is bad

And Half Life 3 isn't going through a Ridiculously Long Development Cycle - it's canceled because you can't monetize Hats in it

The only hats are headcrabs and they're free

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I did my first heroic last night and I'm pretty sure I died more times jumping from them platforms that disappear then from mobs.

Also, I was severely under power for it I think.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Eej posted:

What makes Nightstalker fun police?

It's also a "kill people with void" day.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
e: ^ getting tethered knocks you out of your super

Hunters are running rampant in mayhem

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Yowza, Golden Gun is a SHORT duration now

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Zaphod42 posted:

Eh... if they're gonna bill this as an MMO where you have to buy the latest content expansions to keep up or you get left behind, its the least they can do. They kinda set themselves up for this and more. Games like WoW and FFXIV do way, way more with events than Destiny does. These are actually pretty minor and not much content by comparison. WoW and FFXIV add entire questlines every time there's an event. New NPCs, new missions, new quests, new rewards. They could do more.

Agreed. Kinda why I made the post tbh; even a small thing like a (bi?)monthly, thematic-or-agnostic map release would do wonders for my perceptions of it as a "community-focused game with MMO trappings."

quote:

Eh, they're dropping DLC every so often and they're adding strikes and pve content and pvp content in them all. I mean, yeah, more content would be great period for how much money they charge for Destiny 1 and 2. These games are monstrously expensive compared to the Halo series, even including map DLC. And I really don't think you can say there's tons more content here than in Halo. Certainly the pvp is extremely shallow compared to Halo 2 and Halo 3 options given to you.

Agreed, I actually think this is a step down from Halo's many releases. I have to wonder, though, how much of that is rooted in stuff buried in contracts between Bungie/343/Microsoft/Sony.

quote:

I'm still dying for a Firefight mode in Destiny. Prison of Elders was pretty close and was awesome, even if it was just one map. How loving hard would it be to add a firefight mode where you fight waves on the different crucible maps?!

:same:

quote:

The problem is that D2 was rushed just like D1 was. They developed D2 while they were still making the last D1 expansions and then since D1 was kinda losing steam they shoved it out the door. The balance issues, the lack of content, and bugs show that it just wasn't ready. Things like masterworks and NPCs having inventories should have been in the game at launch.

And just like D1 they'll slowly get the game in a better place over the course of the first 1-2 years after release, but they're gonna charge us money all the while to improve it. D2 will be a pretty solid game after 2 years, but then they'll drop it and release D3. They need to stick with something and actually DO SOMETHING good with it. Both games are fun but they feel like a shell of the experience they could have been, what they promised, and what Halo fans have been wishing for.

Still waiting for warthogs, for instance. :smith:

Zaphod42 posted:

What does PC release have to do with it? The game was already out on console. The release date of PC shouldn't effect events whatsoever.

With the full understanding that you actually work in Software Development, and I don't, please take my following dramatic re-enactment of what I imagine the release of Destiny on the Bungie-side was like with a grain of salt, with the above images for my reference:

September 6th, 2017 - Destiny 2 Console release. Nobody's hair is yet on fire, but everyone in the room shoots apprehensive glances at the OSHA-mandated safety equipment around the office.
Sept. 12th - Destiny 2 Leviathan Raid release. Exciting week. Unfortunately, all oxygen in the room was being breathed from activity, so there was none left for people's hair to catch by. Also, Trials starts.
Sept. 19th - People eye the fire extinguishers nervously, wondering why nothing smells of burning hair. People complain about this Nightfall a lot, because the boss likes to warp out just as you get a satisfying amount of damage on him.
Sept. 26th - Knowing finger wags are exhanged around the office, smiles. There it is. Did you hear? So-and-so's hair finally caught on fire. Oh, that's just shipping games, I guess. At least we have this faction rally thing and all the rest of this to worry about.

October 1st - Iron Banner. This is awesome, because everything is now on fire, especially if it's made of metal. Community salt levels keeping the whole reaction molten-sodium. Nicely humming along.
October 9th - Somewhere in here, a Monty Python joke breaks loving everything, and so Trials and everything else breaks and disappears for two weeks. Papers on people's desks have started to catch, smoke is filling the room.
October 24th: PC Release. Hair absolutely on fire. Slowly working ways down sideburns into beard.

Nov. 1st - PC Leviathan Raid launches. By now, everyone in the office is basically Nick Cage: Ghost Rider, and the safety equipment has long since been expended. Trials comes back on Nov. 3rd after the Monty Python joke gets fixed.
Nov. 8th - Prestige Mode PC launches. Curse of Osiris. Faction Rally. People now commute by either flaming horse or motorcycle. Some by flaming Horse-cycle.
Nov. 15th - Most of oxygen in office constantly being consumed. Roaring burns have collapsed back into fusion-reaction flamefronts.
Nov. 22nd - Previously thought impossible, a second degree of everyone's head being on fire occurs: We now have to launch an expansion in less than a month. Stars begin to densify and turn different colors.
Nov. 30th - The frequency of meetings has increased to a point where fireproof tunnels are dug between building floors, against better OSHA judgement.

Dec. 7th - Someone has time to remember that Washington is a Legal state, so Team Lich-ification slows. Everyone expects, hopes for an eventual phoenix cycle, but for now it’s fun to make Share z0ne jokes while holding up your still-burning skeletal hand. Also ethics in bideo bame journalism cast a massive cloud over reddit as usual.

Everyone's butts clench at reddit, but only as reflex; so far developing Destiny: The Game has hands-down been the best gluteal workout in history, bar NONE.

Dec. 14th - Ethics in videogame journalism begins to ember and catch on lolfire. Nobody on the community team even has to fakepost or milk it, so reddit self-immolates as usual. This is funny to the development team, who are extremely good at being on fire now. And I guess we’re on Mercury?! There's more raid content?! poo poo when the gently caress did this happen?!

This is the point where people realize how good grenade launchers can be, because they found an exotic that's novel, easy, and fun to use.

I guess when you're this close to the sun the whole fire "on fire" thing is really kind of a secondary concern, lamented Lars Bakken in a voice most 1AU.

Dec. 19th, Present day - Luke Smith sighs down at his charred handbones, realizing the abyss has embraced him, rather than the other way around.

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Dec 19, 2017

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Waffle House posted:

With the full understanding that you actually work in Software Development, and I don't, please take my following dramatic re-enactment of what I imagine the release of Destiny on the Bungie-side was like with a grain of salt, with the above images for my reference:

September 6th, 2017 - Destiny 2 Console release. Nobody's hair is yet on fire, but everyone in the room shoots apprehensive glances at the OSHA-mandated safety equipment around the office.
Sept. 12th - Destiny 2 Leviathan Raid release. Exciting week. Unfortunately, all oxygen in the room was being breathed from activity, so there was none left for people's hair to catch by. Also, Trials starts.
Sept. 19th - People eye the fire extinguishers nervously, wondering why nothing smells of burning hair. People complain about this Nightfall a lot, because the boss likes to warp out just as you get a satisfying amount of damage on him.
Sept. 26th - Knowing finger wags are exhanged around the office, smiles. There it is. Did you hear? So-and-so's hair finally caught on fire. Oh, that's just shipping games, I guess. At least we have this faction rally thing and all the rest of this to worry about.

October 1st - Iron Banner. This is awesome, because everything is now on fire, especially if it's made of metal. Community salt levels keeping the whole reaction molten-sodium. Nicely humming along.
October 9th - Somewhere in here, a Monty Python joke breaks loving everything, and so Trials and everything else breaks and disappears for two weeks. Papers on people's desks have started to catch, smoke is filling the room.
October 24th: PC Release. Hair absolutely on fire. Slowly working ways down sideburns into beard.

Nov. 1st - PC Leviathan Raid launches. By now, everyone in the office is basically Nick Cage: Ghost Rider, and the safety equipment has long since been expended. Trials comes back on Nov. 3rd after the Monty Python joke gets fixed.
Nov. 8th - Prestige Mode PC launches. Curse of Osiris. Faction Rally. People now commute by either flaming horse or motorcycle.
Nov. 15th - Most of oxygen in office constantly being consumed. Roaring burns have collapsed back into fusion-reaction flamefronts.
Nov. 22nd - Previously thought impossible, a second degree of everyone's head being on fire occurs: We now have to launch an expansion in less than a month. Stars begin to densify and turn different colors.

As someone who does work in software development, this is a scary accurate assessment.

Zaphod42 posted:

Game software is impossible to schedule and almost always gets delayed. Many games are delayed multiple times. That doesn't mean it wasn't rushed.

Meanwhile the best games of all time, Half-Life 1, Half-Life 2, Halo 1, etc. end up with ridiculously long development cycles where they actually get everything right before they release the game. But publishers these days don't play that.

All software is impossible to schedule even with the most experienced developers estimating to the best of their abilities. You should probably stop asserting what dev teams are or aren't doing.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Yeah the Golden Gun duration nerf was pretty gross considering they didn't even make any of the rest of the kit better. It was the best super in the game sure, but the rest of the Gunslinger kit is abysmal. I think it was to match the time with the Six Shot perk but I don't need six shots in PvP because there's only 4 enemies and nowhere near enough time.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

did they even take off the huge falloff damage hit six shooter slaps on golden gun? i still haven't spent a point in it just in case (which is kind of moot because i always run the bottom tree anyway because golden gun precision hits and orb generation are my jam)

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

So I need help picking a secondary gun.

I'm in love with Better Devils and I get great kills with it, but its like the only gun I feel right with. Nothing else is nearly as good for me. So if I'm using that, what do I use for secondary? It feels like what I need most is a long range scout for when the HC won't quite do it.

Right now I'm using Pleiades Corrector but it doesn't feel good. Its got that Omelon squirt-gun feel, I want a nice bang-bang scout rifle.

If I could swap an elemental mod into Nameless Midnight and make it a secondary I'd be loving set. But I can't. So what scout should I try to get? What's the best energy scout rifle?

Or alternatively should I use Nameless or some other scout (lots of good primary scouts) and use an energy HC? I just got one that seems decent.

Run Trials until you get Darkest Before. The stats are deceiving on this one, it’s insanely good for PvP. Recoil like MIDA but you can just hold down the trigger and melt people at any range. I got super lucky and got a masterwork version to drop and it’s been carrying me in trials all weekend. The only reason it isn’t the top rated PvP weapon is because most people don’t have it yet. As soon as more people discover it I guarantee it will become the new meta paired with a hand cannon like better devils or old fashioned. It’s just kind of a bitch to get due to the time-limited nature of trials.

If you want to swap it around I highly recommend Vigilance Wing, basically a kinetic version of Darkest Before. If you wanna get a little meta you can always find a Armillary PSu. Yes it’s a blue but in PvP it doesn’t matter. It has precision frame, high caliber rounds, and quickdraw. What more could you ask for? I’ve seen a few top trials players rolling with it when they’re getting sweaty.

For energy HC there’s only one real choice, Minuet-42. Annual Skate is a trap, it’s just shittier, no question.

I’m a huge hand cannon whore myself and I’ve tried almost every combo. Take my word for it, Darkest Before will be a staple of PVP soon, especially if they nerf explosive shot.

Hugh G. Rectum fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Dec 19, 2017

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

Run Trials until you get Darkest Before. The stats are deceiving on this one, it’s insanely good for PvP. Recoil like MIDA but you can just hold down the trigger and melt people at any range. I got super lucky and got a masterwork version to drop and it’s been carrying me in trials all weekend. The only reason it isn’t the top rated PvP weapon is because most people don’t have it yet. As soon as more people discover it I guarantee it will become the new meta paired with a hand cannon like better devils or old fashioned. It’s just kind of a bitch to get due to the time-limited nature of trials.

If you want to swap it around I highly recommend Vigilance Wing, basically a kinetic version of Darkest Before. If you wanna get a little meta you can always find a Armillary PSu. Yes it’s a blue but in PvP it doesn’t matter. It has precision frame, high caliber rounds, and quickdraw. What more could you ask for? I’ve seen a few top trials players rolling with it when they’re getting sweaty.

For energy HC there’s only one real choice, Minuet-42. Annual Skate is a trap, it’s just shittier, no question.

I’m a huge hand cannon whore myself and I’ve tried almost every combo

Darkest Before melts people and I hate it because I don't have one yet. There's always next week... :(

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I wanna say that Antiope/Darkest Before is a better combo than BD/Darkest Before cause the effective ranges overlap better but all the people better than me use BD/Darkest Before so I'm probably wrong somehow.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

The hold down to fire full auto pulses are very hard to fire a single salvo with, in my experience. You usually fire two every time you click.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Eej posted:

I wanna say that Antiope/Darkest Before is a better combo than BD/Darkest Before cause the effective ranges overlap better but all the people better than me use BD/Darkest Before so I'm probably wrong somehow.

Antiope is good but SMGs suffer from really bad range and ammo consumption issues. Even in PvP I was running out of antiope ammo regularly.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

I’m a huge hand cannon whore myself and I’ve tried almost every combo. Take my word for it, Darkest Before will be a staple of PVP soon, especially if they nerf explosive shot.

My filthy casual rear end stands by the Vigilance Wing. I have a Time worn spire everyone gushes over, but I just do way better with the Vigilance Wing in PvP. Time Worn Spire doesn't get random people sending me friend invites like end of match "Gun down two people with one burst" dramatic finales using Vigilance Wing has. So TWS is "I want a pulse rifle and Sunshot at the same time" for me.

I also love the Minute-42. Drop mag has zero downside in PvP, but it has a great reload speed with flared mag for the rest of the time even if you want to use it in PvE. There are outlaw hand cannons I like, such as the Iron Banner steady hand. But that's because it has a reasonable reload speed even without it.

Control Volume summed up the Annual Skate best in the last thread.

quote:

Annual Skate is great because you can read all the reviews about how fast it reloads in the time it takes to reload without a precision kill.

Vig Wing+Minute 42 has turned into one of my most common poke at PvP combo.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Dec 19, 2017

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

I really want to try the verse 7 hand cannon in PvP. It's got great range and HCR, it could be a beast or it could be trash. Let's find out!
I got it
:saddowns:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Vigilance Wing is the most satisfying thing and makes me wish Hakke pulses did the four-round burst thing again.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Waffle House posted:

Sept. 26th - Knowing finger wags are exhanged around the office, smiles. There it is. Did you hear? So-and-so's hair finally caught on fire. Oh, that's just shipping games, I guess.

loving lol

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Does anyone know a good place to single-player farm servitors? They're fairly rare and I need 15 of the stupid things.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

JerikTelorian posted:

Does anyone know a good place to single-player farm servitors? They're fairly rare and I need 15 of the stupid things.

EDZ has at least 2 areas where the public event is frequently a Servitor with 5+ mini servitors

Nessus has that public event in a couple spots too

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
I am posting in the GOOD Destiny 2 thread now.

Waffle House posted:

itt a waffle ramble

DISCLAIMER: I AM TALKING OUT OF MY rear end.

I am confident that Bungie has a really, really long-term plan for this game, and it's still impressive to me that they drop content and events on a weekly basis. It seems a core part of the game's development cycle; The Dawning comes around Christmas, Crimson Doubles for Valentine's Day, Festival of the Lost for Halloween. These special events are critical to us as the playerbase, because knowing that we have something to look forward to owns bones. They're probably also nice for the developers, because this gives them predictable points to Wow The Playerbase, and on ye great Ocean of Development, have predetermined waypoints where bulky, crunchy drops can go.

Personally I have yet to "run out of content" to play. But I hold a normal 9-5 job and have other hobbies so

Waffle House posted:

Nov. 8th - Prestige Mode PC launches. Curse of Osiris. Faction Rally. People now commute by either flaming horse or motorcycle. Some by flaming Horse-cycle.
Nov. 30th - The frequency of meetings has increased to a point where fireproof tunnels are dug between building floors, against better OSHA judgement.

Dec. 7th - Someone has time to remember that Washington is a Legal state, so Team Lich-ification slows. Everyone expects an eventual phoenix cycle, but for now it’s fun to make Share z0ne jokes while holding up your still-burning skeletal hand. Also ethics in bideo bame journalism cast a massive cloud over reddit as usual.
Dec. 14th - lol ethics in video bame bournalism. I guess we’re on Mercury now?! poo poo when the gently caress did this happen
Present day - Luke Smith sighs at his charred handbones, realizing the abyss has embraced him, rather than the other way around.

This is scarily close to the software project I worked on prior to the one I am working on currently.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Didn't they delay Trials on console because people could walk backwards through walls or something? That sounds like the first hair on fire moment

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Wilekat posted:

Didn't they delay Trials on console because people could walk backwards through walls or something? That sounds like the first hair on fire moment

Yeah with the silly walk emote

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Wilekat posted:

Yeah, that was the “Monty Python joke.” The Ministry of Silly Walks emote allowed you to clip through walls in the early release.

I heard later in an unrelated conversation that John Cleese has two artificial hips because he was frequently delighted to oblige fans in public with a performance.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I'm reading that invis doesn't actually hide you from radar, is that true? Seems like an oversight if so.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
trials wasn’t delayed, it was cancelled like three weeks in. people were using it to glitch out of one of the spawns on altar of flames, the first trials map was Eternity.

Eej posted:

I'm reading that invis doesn't actually hide you from radar, is that true? Seems like an oversight if so.

it would be insanely strong if it removed you from radar, but i want to say it does change the frequency that you ping at.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Invisibility's real utility is that it breaks aim assist completely. I don't know if that means Invis sucks on PC.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Lfmao playing this mayhem playlist as anything other than a shadowshot hunter you might as well just shoot yourself in the balls for 5 minutes.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

Darkest before looks sick.

Vigilance wing is actually the last exotic weapon I'll get. Xur's engram gave me wardcliff last week so I guess I'll finally get a vigilance wing this weekend :smith:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Lfmao playing this mayhem playlist as anything other than a shadowshot hunter you might as well just shoot yourself in the balls for 5 minutes.

Hammers. Maybe Bubble Titan, although that’s a rare trim level. I am going to Bubble like a fuckin’ binch in Mayhem.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Waffle House posted:

Hammers. Maybe Bubble Titan, although that’s a rare trim level. I am going to Bubble like a fuckin’ binch in Mayhem.

I just tried as a bubble titan with the saint-14 helmet and your bubble dies in a second and then the 10 shadowshot tethers all just towel snap you in the balls at once. They never even try to come into the house of fun :(

e: and they don't take damage walking into the bubble flmao???

Sultan Tarquin fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Dec 19, 2017

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

poemdexter posted:

As someone who does work in software development, this is a scary accurate assessment.

All software is impossible to schedule even with the most experienced developers estimating to the best of their abilities. You should probably stop asserting what dev teams are or aren't doing.

I know all software is, that was the whole point. Like Waffle said I work in software. Games are even worse since you can't put "fun" on a design spec.

Lol that you praise him on accurately describing the dev process right before you chide me for doing the same even from a broad context :lol::lol::lol:

Orv
May 4, 2011
Remind to not engage Zaphod, known immense retard.

Unrelated, throwing snowballs at minotaurs is cool and good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I just tried as a bubble titan with the saint-14 helmet and your bubble dies in a second and then the 10 shadowshot tethers all just towel snap you in the balls at once. They never even try to come into the house of fun :(

e: and they don't take damage walking into the bubble flmao???

WELP NEVERMIND, HAMMERTIME IT IS

E: Darnit I specifically said “grain” of salt, not tablespoon!

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Dec 19, 2017

• Locked thread