Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

geonetix posted:

I am severely disappointed in the lack or raid lair on release but I will also live through it.

My understanding is that it's supposed to give the hardcore WORLD FIRST raiders a fair amount of time to get to higher power levels before the raid lair is unleashed and people compete for a finish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

I turned in some milestones before the second reset. Hopefully they actually reset

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

The Infinite Forest is pretty much a damp squib and it's amusing just how heavily they relied on it for the expansion story. Probably to reduce dev time/cost

That said, goddamn do I want the new Ophidian Aspects. Nezerac's was always better for PvE but I'd happily take faster reload and ready into the Crucible, especially for handcannons.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

lmao I unlocked the Ophidians and they are as top-tier as everyone is saying. Subclass-neutral exotic for warlocks that improves outright your melee lunge range and your gunplay, without activation conditions? Ridiculous.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

What I donít understand is no clan chat.

Okay, you want to protect people from toxic randos, I get it. But why canít you meaningfully communicate with the other members of a clan you willingly joined without having to go out of game?

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Eej posted:

Oh, turns out Ophidian isn't exactly like Synthoceps.

Shorter than Synths by like half a body length which is gonna be one of those things you probably won't notice unless you also play a Titan in which case your guaranteed kill just whiffs the lunge and you get mad.

RIP. Still a top-tier exotic because it makes every reload and ready just so, so crispy

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

When firing it at a single humanoid target go for the ground right between their feet. The cluster bombs will spawn, hit the target's nuts and go off immediately, assuring maximum damage.

Yes, you get maximum damage by aiming just under the nuts.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

You have to sprint to heal. Itís dumb because instead of encouraging you to go fast it just means you have to interrupt the gunplay often to meaninglessly sprint around in a tight circle to not die

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Just hit PvP breakpoints with resilience and pour the rest of your efforts elsewhere. I think it was 4 and then 6 in order to avoid being crisped by handcannons?

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Eej posted:

And if I'm not firing a 150 rpm HC as fast as I can in a fight why aren't I just using a 140 rpm like the Minuet or Annual Skate?

I have this problem with Sunshot. Datto et al. are definitely correct in calling it a top-tier handcannon for PvP as well as PvE but the way the entire model bounces up after every shot and blocks the sight picture makes it quite difficult for me to actually land all precision shots at a 150 rpm cadence.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Tatsuta Age posted:

Is the new launcher The Colony any good? It's fun to use and looks/sounds cool

it's pretty good in PvP

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Between the Nightstalkers and the Gunslingers it's like every corner I turn I'm either getting tethered or one-shot

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Ophidians is top loving tier because almost all Warlock exos modify class abilities or grenades, but as mentioned you spend most of your time on gunplay. That itís subclass-neutral and affects every single weapon (compared to e.g. mechaneer or lucky pants) is just nuts.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Mercury was the size of a small woodland animalís turd and the Infinite Forest turned out to be both extremely finite and not even available on patrol. Clovis Grove is going to be tiny.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

The Japanese in that ďleakĒ is pretty much Google Translate: the Novel

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

I wish Sunshot werenít obsoleted by masterworks in PvE.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

Wha are the statistical odds of flipping heads 7 times in a row?

Iím bad at math but thatís why Trials canít have matchmaking, Going flawless would go from being an Olympic effort to a Herculean one, even further isolating tryhards (who this mode is for).

0.5 ^ 7 = 0.0078125

i.e. 0.7% of teams will lighthouse/spire

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Elysiume posted:

Is the prestige raid just the normal raid but +30LL?
e: No

Apart from the enemies just being straight up hard, each fight has tweaks to make it more annoying/difficult. I'm probably missing some, but off the top of my head:

Baths - after a centre phase, the game forces a team scramble by assigning a specific player to each plate. bathers drop a field that strips your buff

Gardens - two more dogs, plus more aggressive pathing

Gauntlet - everybody must run the gauntlet once. on the final all-run phase there are only three balls instead of four. a projection (which must be shot) spawns together with the punch baby

Calus - when you punch a baby in the throne room, you swap out with one of the players in the dreamscape

Finally, when you die in prestige mode you lose your revive token for that fight.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Angry Walrus posted:

love too have my tiny shader inventory lose even more slots because bungie doesnt want people getting too many shaders for free that they could dismantle for 5 dust

excuse me it's seven dust okay

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

geonetix posted:

It was fun, no worries! The first time going through it always takes a bit longer, especially if I keep falling off the edges. Weíd welcome you back anytime

every GTC raid i've been to has involved at least some of the following:
- people falling off ledges unforced, for no reason whatsoever
- above, often accompanied by "oh poo poo i fell"
- at least two instances of "GOD gently caress WARLOCK GLIDE"
- multiple instances of late-night or early-morning food delivery, mostly by myself
- "dog bottom. heh heh heh"
- multiple players killing themselves with Sins of the Past in a single encounter

it's a super chill and communicative group and i would fall into the waters of an aqueduct with you guys anytime

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

pmchem posted:

Entire leviathan raid done in under 20 minutes, start to finish:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKIoTjY0x2s

I'm impressed. Can anyone figure out all their gear loadouts? There's some swapping going on.

The backwards run on the gauntlet is brilliant.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Sunshot is very good in both game modes, but is unfortunately left behind by the masterwork revolution.

Annual Skate is also worth checking out

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

I really do love FWCís inexplicable ripped-from-Wipeout aesthetic.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Iím in the same boat. I logged on for the first time recently in about a month or so, and the gunplay is still incredible. Itís just that thereís nothing new or interesting to shoot at right now.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Basically just log in when the expansion hits (assuming you were a destiny 1 idiot like me who bought the pass sight unseen)

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Twincityhacker posted:

Are strikes and the raid any fun? I played though both 1 and 2 on someone else's PS4, so I only ever did the main campaign. It turns out my PC really can run this game and I was wondering if multi-player PvE is any good? I don't care about PvP, so if crucible is awful it doesn't calculate into my decision.

Some of the strikes are alright, but theyíll get repetitive quickly. The raid is fun.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Also I only just found out that Goon Tang Clan (formerly the sole europe clan) is obsolete, it's replaced by European Goon Squad
https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2/Chat?groupId=3098751

Worth mentioning again in case some Euro goons missed it first time round

rip goon tang clan. I've applied to this as Mangoes#1666 on Bnet.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

I used to run the raid with the Aqueducts without a mic

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Tokubetsu posted:

is the snake gloves still the best thing to be wearing exotic wise as a lock?

I think so. There's a good argument to be made that anything that boosts your neutral game to that sort of levels can be called one of the best exotics in the game.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

I suppose they wanted player levels to wall off skill unlocks and light levels to wall off gear progression. But you could honestly do without the player levels by just tying skill unlocks to story missions or even just putting an experience bar in place like you do now and granting a new skill every time it fills.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Infinite ammo from headshots isn't new, though. No Time to Explain had it and was plenty balanced

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

VV hid a tokens and a blue joke in their ARG? loving amazing

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Colony is a goddamn terror right now and I love it

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

You will very quickly run out of shader space and there will be no respite

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Youíre gonna be sitting in the shader menu holding F a lot then

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

kater posted:

I didn't like pvp in this game till I got a pulse rifle and it basically became halo.

Time Worn Spire. Itís a goddamn kill laser. Grind it out in Iron Banana if you havenít already

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Definitely sounds like itís worth it to have one warlock in the group run Luna with power rift for raids now.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Sunshot is honestly already a pretty strong weapon in the right hands, so adding increased range and stability is gonna be pretty good

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

ElNarez posted:

my favorite thing about castellum versus underbelly is that it's up to you whether or not you want to do the weird and sometimes bad Destiny platforming like in the old raids, like if your group can't be bothered you can just do castellum and leave underbelly for you and a couple of pals to do later

yes. the ships section in KF slayed many a fireteam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

cvnvcnv posted:

LIGMA BALLS BITCH

yes

«2 »