Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The big mystery is what the hell Bungie DOES all day, if Vicarious Visions made this expansion in its entirety.

I find it especially ironic how much they hyped the story that the old d1 content production pipeline was a nightmare and with d2 they could now produce way more content at a faster pace. :golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I haven't been able to play this for like three weeks since Windows 10 updated cause I'm getting that black screen on startup issue. Like I can disable my integrated graphics and take a significant performance hit, or connect to an external monitor and it works fine. But apparently Bungie's official stance is that they're looking into it but they don't officially support "laptop configurations". I've never heard of such a thing and had no idea they took that position when I was dumb enough to buy Warmind after getting this in the humble bundle. What a fool I am.

well, don't take it as a defense of bungie, but microsoft really poo poo the bed with this new patch. I had to revert back to the previous install co's it totally screwed my sound setup on my desktop.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Oh dear... :tif:

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

1stGear posted:

The old raids and even Prestige Leviathan are fairly easy now and you can get 12 chests from regular Levi/EoW alone. The 370 requirement for Spire is also more for the final boss and you can get another three chests from the first two encounters and the secret chest.

There's raids going out in Serious Overchill most of the week and I'm going to try start putting raids together more consistently in HOTDOGS. Basically, do raids, they've consistently been the best and most rewarding content in this game.

edit: Never mind.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Lt_Tofu posted:

Huh, what's this?

Yeah that's always an option but it would be great to raid with my friends. No one likes the Levi raid and it's stupid that we can't get together and level by playing through the expansion content plus whatever else. Gating progress through weekly engrams that are random is stupid and apparently the last straw for the majority of the people I know who used to play.

yeah, that's one of the main things that put me off the game. I really hate the idea in general of devs deciding how much and how often I play. That and the stupid trump tower raid.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

I'm starting to play this again, but I feel like to really get me back they would need to get their poo poo together and really up their game when it comes to content production. I'll probably not resist and end up buying this expansion if I can buy the other dlc on the cheap, but unless they really defy all expectations and show up with massive amounts of content, once again I don't see myself buying a season pass.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Given how little competition they have on the market, I don't think they need to do much to get people back into playing it. I really hope we are not just getting re-sold destiny 1 assets anymore, but I'm pretty sure I'll be disappointed.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

I would like the new DLC to put the game in a state where everything good from D1 is present and there's also a lot more stuff. it's incredibly lame how D2 is just D1 with poo poo cut from it.

I remember thinking at release that it would be just fine if d2 was just more of d1. The trouble was that it was actually less of d1...

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

I it was said here already, I'm looking forward to the release of destiny 2.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

It's a little bit of a bummer that the expansion doesn't come with the previous dlc.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Fathis Munk posted:

I think it increases light level yeah? Replaces the 2 DLCs if I understood it correctly.

It states on the bottom of their promotional material the both previous dlc are required.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Is this game really buggy on pc or is it just me? in the last 2 days I had it freeze at least a couple of times and it often stops responding when loading an area.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Wamdoodle posted:

I had it freeze constantly during the black loading screen. Sometimes turning the monitor off then on fixes it. That's an actual solution I found. Supposedly fan or graphics control software messes with the game.

Thanks I'm gonna try that. It's really annoying I was rolling a new titan and had to do the second titan mission all over again because of this.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Speaking as someone who hasn't really followed the game that closely since release, I really like the difference in tone from this presentation to the d2 original one.

It seems to me the devs had this really self-involved "We know better" attitude at release.
Like, do you want 6v6? "No, you don't. You think you do, but you don't. Here's 4v4, and you're welcome."

Do you want meaningful loot and stats? "You may think you do, but you don't. We at bungie now you better and what you really want is purely cosmetic loot."

I'm still skeptical, but this change in stance is a really good sign.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Oh and it was announced that all previous exclusive launch DLC would be made available to all platforms too when Foreskin comes out.

Pumped.

I'm only gonna call it Foreskin from now on. :perfect:

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

What I would really like to see is more d1 style warlock trench coats and fewer dresses and skirts.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

I haven't seen this posted here. I would like a more in-depth article, but it's still a pretty interesting one: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/06/06/how-destiny-2-works/

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

This game keeps freezing when I go into orbit or move to another planet. I already tried everything I could think of, repaired the install, moved the game to another drive, but nothing works. Does anyone have the same issue?

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Phraggah posted:

If it's a new installation, the first few loads can take a while. Set it to load and go make food or something.

Update graphics drivers

Make sure the hdd the game's on has enough space to expand game files.

Check your page file is allowed enough space for the whole game

Check your connection; hop off wifi if you can.

I did all that and I'm old school, I don't do wifi. As I said before I tried installing in my ssd and then in the hdd and redownloading it both times. I also have everything up to date, including all firmware. this must be some weird bug co's I don't have this kind of trouble on any games I currently play.

I have a new ssd arriving on wednesday but I doubt that it will make a difference.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

clone on the phone posted:

I’ve had this problem for a long while, done all of the above. Game is on an SSD with several hundred gb free, all system drivers updated( I used a neat free program called driver booster that fetches the latest drivers for every little USB, cpu bridge etc etc), always latest graphics drivers, wired network, ridiculously over spec pc. It’s just the game hanging with ‘not responding’. Only happens on loading screen transitions.

I closed battle.net while playing and after that, I played for several hours without issue. It might have been just coincidence, but it's worth a try.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

The division 2 was just announced and it will also have 3 dlc's in a year, all for free.

Just saying, I wish it had as good shooting mechanics or world building as destiny, but they are making bungie look really bad.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Argas posted:

Yeah. It's great that the Division is distinct enough to not have to directly fight for the same space despite being in the same genre and all. It just sucks if you love Destiny but wish the devs weren't rear end so often.

Anthem, I wish I could be excited but EA.

:same: Yeah, that's exactly what I think and I'm glad you expressed it in a less passive-aggressive way then I would.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

:lol:

Which PC clan is the most active? SNEK looks full.

Honestly, besides giving me a few engrams every now and then clans are pretty much useless as far as I know. Hopefully, clan chat will make this better.

Also, why do we need 3 distinct separated discord servers for each clan? I'm just saying co's I'm weird and I enjoy reading people chat while I play (and posting the eventual bitching when I get frustrated) and I find myself having to cycle between 3 discords all the time. Even euro goons, since our characters persist no matter what server you use, there's no reason we can't play with na and vice versa eventually.

Pigbottom fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jun 13, 2018

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

So, do exos breath? I could swear I heard cayde breathing in the video.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Angry Walrus posted:

yes but not because of any physical need to, exos have a bunch of simulated biological functions to help keep the human mind from snapping and going crazy from being in a completely synthetic body

Oh, makes sense. That's pretty interesting.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

I just finished the curse of osiris and I must say. I didn't hate it. It might be co's I bought it on sale, but I found it pretty ok. I understand that the game is and was in a bad state content and gameplay wise, but story wise I'm not sure I understand what people expected. A buddy flick?

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Argas posted:

Story-wise, Osiris was an almost mythical character. For a human, it's impressive given that most of humanity's well-known heroes are already immortal solar/arc/void-wielding guardians. He was even exiled from the Tower for being too controversial which just adds to his mystique. Rather than simply being renowned for killing a shitload of things, he is famous most for knowing things. His portrayal is a mix of issues. Firstly, they can't match up with what's been built up in the fandom's mind. This is partly because Destiny lore has always been built up in the background, in small bits and pieces in the grimoire.

The problem is that when you're coming in to write a story involving a pre-existing character, the many many bits and pieces of lore that were previously thrown out with no real thought given towards future plots seriously limited the options for the writers. Whatever story they wanted to tell, or were told to tell (I have no idea how much freedom the writers have here) is constrained by these numerous lore snippets that were written without much thought given to how it would affect future content. Either they contort their writing to fit in these snippets or they ignore it and piss off the fans.

The second problem is that his portrayal in Curse amounts to getting his buddy ghost to get help, and then helping him. There's no real interaction there or any character development or relationship to the player. You were there to help and you helped him. This isn't really a unique issue with Osiris but when the expansion is hyping up this mythical figure in the lore, his is an especially poor showing.

Another issue is illustrated with Brother Vance's rampant fanboyism. He wasn't really a standout in Destiny 1, just a vendor associated with Osiris' followers but in Curse they turned him into total and complete fanboy. Maybe he was always that way and he was just better at hiding it before but the stress of the Red War changed him, but it's also in line with how almost every character in Destiny 2 is just plain wacky, like our old pal Cayde-6.

That makes sense, thanks for the write-up.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Nuebot posted:

That it took them a year of saying "It'll be good in the future" to address the vast majority of their problems after insisting that this brand new engine would make for better, faster updates and changes has been nothing short of frustrating. Ultimately I feel like it's way too little way too late when they're expecting people to pay full price for this new DLC And are pimping out an annual pass for it, as if they didn't just spend a year lying through their asses about every major issue the game has had.

That is one of my major concerns, so far they have done nothing to prove that they can actually produce content at a proper pace.

Doesn't this sound familiar? https://www.vg247.com/2017/07/11/destiny-2-contains-so-much-story-content-bungie-hopes-people-complain-about-it/

https://www.pcgamer.com/activision-aims-to-improve-the-cadence-of-destiny-2-dlc/

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Wtf I think I missed something. one moment we're In mars looking for rasputin and in the next I'm in the edz look for a shard of the travaler for who knows what. Apparently there is a plan?

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Gadzuko posted:

The setup for the entire story of the expansion is done through a vendor dialogue when you get back from your first trip to Rasputin's vault. If you made the mistake of immediately choosing a reward it's gone forever

lol thats great.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

The Huckleberry and the antiope-D are two of my favorite guns in this game so far. I love how they melt everything that comes close to you and I always have a hard time deciding which one to play with.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

geonetix posted:

The gardens is generally my moment of rest in the raid, it gets super easy if you know the paths and have people with lasers paying attention. We’ve carried a couple newbie groups through it as well in the last weeks in one or two attempts so it can’t be that bad. Just hit up eurogoons if you want a carry or friendship or something.

I second that. I'm one of the noobs that got carried this week. The eurogoons are incredibly patient and I had a great time.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

This is one legit hilarious tweet. I love their error names.

https://twitter.com/bungiehelp/status/1011265974811545600

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Well, I doubt it, but it would be nice if that would get them off our backs, now that they can safely rip-off costumers that don't really mind it.

If they can make the shareholders happy and still be able to scale back the evilverse in the west, I'm totally fine with that. But that's just wishful thinking.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah,

The d2 campaign and the dlc made me totally lose faith in bungie's ability to make any decent storytelling. I hope I'm wrong, co's the game is still pretty fun.

On top of that, someone up on the chain seems to have a huge hard-on for "non linear" campaign story, considering how they butchered d1 for this and keep coming back with it. I can only imagine that it must be a really bad case of what I call "kids this days" syndrome.

I don't particularly hate the idea of a non-linear story, but it is not like I ever thought of any game: "Wow this game is so cool but what I really want is to kill boss B before boss A".

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

clone on the phone posted:

The shooting and the visual design are loving spot on that is for sure.

I love the environment art design in this game, but the armor design, on the other hand, is a dumpster fire imho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Well guys, if once I had more money then sense now I have no money and even less sense co's I just found some space in my budget to get this expansion.

I'm looking forward to playing again with the awesome euro goons.

Is clan chat in the game already? That would be great.

• Locked thread