Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

GMG is out of stock, any other deals before I go home on my break and buy it from Blizzard at listed price?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

"Fixed an issue where loot stream notifications would hide Challenges"

Hah, I just thought that was intended. Nice.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Oh I can live with, and, assuming I left the client on, the game has patched already/Will patch?

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Coming from Overwatch I 100% attribute my near constant stream of flick headshots to some combination of aim assist, hitbox, projectile size, and predictable movement.

I'm in for a rude awakening when I finally go back into a competitive fps.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

poemdexter posted:

But is there a 50 story tall cum monster at the end of Curse of Osiris?

Do you see me, traveler?? Yes, now don't look away.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Didn't I read in this thread that heroic strikes are THE BEST single player content in Destiny? If so, how do I do them alone. If not, what am I thinking of?

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

isk posted:

Heroic Strikes are popular, yes. Once you finish the Mercury campaign and adventures, you can do Heroic Adventures solo. Some enjoy the challenge, others feel they can be slogs with bullet sponges.

Ah, yeah, I haven't finished CoO yet, I'll prioritize that, thanks.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

So after CoO I can solo strikes...can I duo them?

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Bungie please charge me 20 bucks for a ghost voice, I'll pay.

Make a dozen.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

This is the first time I've heard someone defend the amount of content in CoO.

People complain loudly online but the content people are silent. I liked it fine too. I have not contacted my congressmsn to tell him CoO is "ok".

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Am I missing something or can I gain her tokens by doing 2 ikora missions a week?

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Dietrich posted:

Wait the base models for the races are different on each class? I made a different race for each class so I missed that.

I don't think theyre different, I made the exact same person for each class.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

So, the momentum modifier means you won't heal while standing still while healing very quickly if you sprint. But is there any middle ground? I can never seem to just heal a little while hip-firing. Is it just Inertia from not sprinting vs Momentum for sprinting?

More to the point, I play the strike by shooting/fighting until I'm hurt, then when I'm near death I hold down sprint and run around like a Zoidberg stooge. What "should" I be doing? What do you do?

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Happy birthday!

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Is this post on resilience in PvE accurate?

quote:

*drums roll*...
Resilience 3: died with 13 Thrall hits
Resilience 10: died with 14 Thrall hits.

Is resilience bad? (I'm only asking as relates to PvE)

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

I use origin story because it goes chunka chunka while scathelocke goes budda budda. Also while I love love love the EDZ it feels kinda white trash to romp around the end game in the scavenged equipment of humans that squat outside the city.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

TVsVeryOwn posted:

What better that one Sins of the Past in the dick? Two Sins of the Past in the dick.

Rally shield and get that sextuple dick.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

As much as internet people get mad about games, ikora blinking is the only thing id point to that I really want fixed and that is a clear bug. I'd also like the time back I spent trying to appease that drat icon. Is it because I haven't done CoO? Is it because I haven't done all my weeklies?? Is it because I still have a token I haven't given you???

What, what do you want from me

EDIT also fix the nat routing error that keeps me from playing with one of my friends. No I will not learn how to forward ports, fix that.

Jack B Nimble fucked around with this message at Dec 18, 2017 around 23:30

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Xarbala posted:

Meanwhile a game like DOOM is just sort of one and done, and when it's over you just leave satisfied feeling you played the shooter of the decade.

Truth. Lose the grind and just focus on selling me a good game. Like l4d in ambition if not specific genre.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

The only Destiny killer is Destiny.

Blizzard is making an unannounced FPS with vehicles according to their jobs listings page and it very likely isn't going to be OW2 since vehicles clash with the concept of individual character roles and designs. Who knows if it's going to be their answer to Destiny/The Division/Anthem? It's a genre with so much potential yet seems bizarrely unfulfilled. Destiny came out in 2014 yet has very few copycats.

Playing both over watch and destiny 2, I keep thinking about this rpg lite co op gameplay but with Overwatch aesthetics, color, and pixarish...joy?, and then I try to imagine what exactly about project titan did they not think was fun?

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Something is wrong if every player slides past my eyes in an unremembered haze. That doesn't happen to me in overwatch and it really diminishes how much I care about outfits in Destiny.

I think it has to do with the lack of a pre game lobby, I'm always only seeing guardians either in the long distance third person view or the rush hour tumult of the open world/strikes.

I've only spent prolonged periods in first person next to irl friends/clan mates.

Maybe if people could talk to strangers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

There isn't a technical reason for a finite vault size, right? It's just a MMO tradition?