Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I'm logging the gently caress back in when this drops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Lmao they’re literally going to need another Taken King like expansion to save this mess

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Bust Rodd posted:

The Burning Crusade, a $20 Xpansion for WoW in 2007, brought two new playable races, level 1-20 starting zones and quests for those races, two new crafting disciplines, a massive new continent for people to level 60-70, flying mounts, and like 3-4 raids (Kharazhan, Serpentshrine Cavern, Kael’Thas, and Illidan)

None of the previous content was gated, it merely became obsolete, but Vanilla WoW was so beloved that people are getting Blizzard to register it on live servers.

I’ve been playing Warframe while I wait for Destiny 2 missions to load and this game is not perfect but I have never seen a F2P game as rich and feature deep as Warframe, and there are like 40K people playing Warframe every night on Steam

There was no way in hell burning crusade was 20 dollars on release

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Pharmaskittle posted:

This game cries out for a combat racing mode.

no.

never again

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Please add this to gamers.txt

This guy loving rules

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

True, but the game actively discourages you from finding people to play with. This isn't much of a problem for you and me, but your average gamer isn't part of an internet forum that invades every multiplayer game ever released.

I think it’s more about people with no friends playing a game that you basically need friends or people to play with.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I'm back in the one true clan...thank u icr...im back home

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Waffle House posted:

Lens's fix will leave it Crucible-disappointing until January:

https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/940361008542990337

What the gently caress are they doing over there lmao

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Norns posted:

So what's everyone going to meltdown over this week?

masterworks or some poo poo for sure

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I guess the meltdown today is to call for the return of grimoire cards lmao https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/7j9lcg/return_the_grimoire_points_to_destiny_2/

quote:

Getting grimoire points was one of the reasons to continue to play in the first part. It was a unique parameter that helped to determine not only the level, but also the player's awareness of many game moments.

The way the grimoire is realized now is awful. Half of the players do not even notice that some things have a button to "see the story"

Even adding a separate section to be updated in the menu would be much more convenient. By getting new things you would see progress, and this system would be one of the reasons to keep playing. Bunge, return the grimoire points, give us another reason to return to the game

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Kyrosiris posted:

The raid was 270 for normal mode, and if they're that gung-ho about doing prestige content, I seriously don't get why they're not just buying the expansion. (Fake edit: Like, I finished the raid for the first time my second week of playing, having gotten the game during the Black Friday sale myself.)

Like, who are these people that are chomping at the bit for hard mode-style content but don't want new content?

A majority of it is just random people who want to continue to rage about loot boxes and content being locked away now that battlefront 2 drama is dead. One youtuber reviewed the game and didn’t even play the raid lmao. These people have no joy in their lives they just want to meltdown about gaming.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

treizebee posted:

Doesn't Xur set up his shop on the flashpoint planet?

Oh my god yes

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It was better in D1 tbqh but also we told you so

you all flamed a buff gay dude

look at you now

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
just put craptacular on ignore he's loving dumb as poo poo lol

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Skoll posted:

Hi there. When suggesting I go through the effort of ignoring other posters, can you at least back up your assertions that said poster is dumb as poo poo with examples? Thanks.

He's got two posts on this page. I only saw them because people quoted him. Notoriously dumb poster in the pro dota thread.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
PC Tower Chat
We are adding text chat to the Tower for the PC version of the game.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Bust Rodd posted:

Yeah Reddit just posted an interview that was like “we fired the director in April and more or less started from scratch”

lmao literally reliving the development of D1

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Eej posted:

I'm pretty cool with any corporation eliminating crunch, company-wide Christmas holidays and offering paternity leave though

I'd rather buggy mediocrity from happy people than polished gameplay made from the crushed lives of disposable workers

Thats cool and good. Unfortunately they hosed up on the game they made.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Silhouette Wires posted:

I've been flirting with Warframes sweet embrace one again until further notice on this game.

I've been feeling like I should do this too

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Every video game is actually bad

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
lmao it took them so long to fix the Ikora quest market bug. Cmon BUNGO

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Siljmonster posted:

lol Jan 26th was the last time I had contact with Bungie in the interview process

What did you apply for

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
These updates keep being more depressing with each one lmfao

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Yeah dude anthem is 100% going to be worse than this. There is no way you can trust bioware and ea lmfao

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
they need to just straight up make it an Actual MMO but considering how Bungie's roadmap for this game I don't think thats a good idea anymore.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Waffle House posted:

You are straight up deluding yourself by posting this lol

I mean in a perfect world where bungie is good, it sorta makes sense but yeah guys the ship has sailed on that lmfao I realize this obviously.

Elysiume posted:

The ship has long since sailed on making this an actual MMO. That's not really a viable post-launch pivot option.

I meant for destiny 3

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Oxyclean posted:

Wasn't Destiny 1 "saved" by bringing in the Diablo 3 team? Where'd all those lessons go?

Imagine Destiny 2 had D3 Rifts. And reasons to do them.

They went to bungie to give a talk about how they saved Diablo 3. Then they made the taken king, but then yeah idk.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Minrad posted:

I did mercury for an hour before the servers went down, and while I didnt do the campaign for coo yet, I feel like I saw everything mercury had to offer.

I appreciate having another different area to go romp around in but lol holy poo poo I feel bad for anyone who dropped... 15? 20 bucks? on that dlc.

It was pretty bad

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Is there room in hotdogs

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

General Battuta posted:

Why is the traveler named for a basketball foul they don't even call :wtc:

Ball is life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters